Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Corona Kitty

Quote from: ItsOver on February 14, 2020, 01:14:26 PM

"Yeeewww know I'm beating something fast..."

Good god.

Quote from: albrecht on February 14, 2020, 02:15:37 PM
Norry wasn't paying attention, which is normal, but I was surprised he didn't react to Peter Davenport's joke since it was a movie reference. And EVERYTHING to Norry is movie-based.  I laughed though but because the image of the octogenarian lady in Maine making a replica of the USA she saw caught in her wisteria:

Brother to sister: I think is time we find "a place for mom."

To be fair I'm not sure anyone is paying attention to poor Peter.

ItsOver

Quote from: username on February 14, 2020, 03:53:17 PM
Good god.

Davenport sounds like he's phoning in from a nursing home.  "You're looking for Peter?  He's the old fella at the end of the hall, talking to himself about flying saucers..."

albrecht

Quote from: username on February 14, 2020, 03:53:17 PM
Good god.

I like Peter Davenport for his tenacity to keep going with the gig. Memories of Art shows. Self-funding. And living in a silo. And still being involved in local politics. I imagine him as "that guy" at the local city council meetings. And he, keeping to form, gets too many "crank calls" by pesky kids. He was speaking in Spokane at a local library a year or so ago. I tried to get folks (from here at BG and folks I know who live there) but nobody did.

ps: I also like his dream of developing a passive radar system using cell phone towers. For UFO (his idea) or just for any enemies, weather, etc Especially since 5G is, apparently, going to screw up our weather forecasting systems. 

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on February 14, 2020, 05:36:17 PM
I like Peter Davenport for his tenacity to keep going with the gig. Memories of Art shows...
There's that.  It's interesting to hear him on the old shows, via "Art Bell - Somewhere in Time," compared to now.  He doesn't sound like the same guy, from the voice.  The ravages of time.  At least he's still breathing.

Jojo

Quote from: Liberace! on February 14, 2020, 11:01:16 AM
Jojo, you need to learn how to embed images in your posts from external URLs rather than attach them because by attaching them you're taking up space on the server for... cat pictures.
Tinypic died.  SOS.

whenever I hear those 'A Place For Mom' commercials my answer to the problem is 'the attic'

Jojo do you live in something like this?

Corona Kitty

Quote from: ItsOver on February 14, 2020, 04:33:47 PM
Davenport sounds like he's phoning in from a nursing home.  "You're looking for Peter?  He's the old fella at the end of the hall, talking to himself about flying saucers..."

Quote from: albrecht on February 14, 2020, 05:36:17 PM
I like Peter Davenport for his tenacity to keep going with the gig. Memories of Art shows. Self-funding. And living in a silo. And still being involved in local politics. I imagine him as "that guy" at the local city council meetings. And he, keeping to form, gets too many "crank calls" by pesky kids. He was speaking in Spokane at a local library a year or so ago. I tried to get folks (from here at BG and folks I know who live there) but nobody did.

ps: I also like his dream of developing a passive radar system using cell phone towers. For UFO (his idea) or just for any enemies, weather, etc Especially since 5G is, apparently, going to screw up our weather forecasting systems. 

I like Peter too, it's too bad I couldn't get him on my program. I invited him to be on with Mike Rogers but he declined. Mike and Peter have a beef over the Phoenix lights amongst other things

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 14, 2020, 09:25:11 PM
whenever I hear those 'A Place For Mom' commercials my answer to the problem is 'the attic'

Jojo do you live in something like this?

Quote from: Jojo on February 14, 2020, 07:47:45 PM
Tinypic died.  SOS.
Happy Valentine's Day to you, too!   Attics are no place for people!  I wouldn't mind basements, though.

During my 8 years renting, I've not lived in an attic.  But one of my landlords did rent out a rat-infested attic with no heat in winter for $900/month to a married couple. That was the year I learned the state minimum landlord winter heating requirement is 45 degrees.

My cat and I stayed toasty with my silent radiant heater and electric blanket 24/7.  I always worried the live-in landlord would find out that I was secretly toasty, but amazingly, it never became an issue.  I offered to transport a silent heater for the attic dwellers but they were sufferers.

In any case, it makes no difference whether George's critics eat rats in attics or basements!

Davenport is a human time machine but you can only go back to 1950. I enjoy his vignettes.

'This is a very compelling one George. A young gal named Peggy from Centerville, Iowa that's about 200 miles due east of Milltown sent this one in. She and her beau had been visiting friends in Horners Corners and on their way home had stopped to do a little necking at a popular spot behind a ridge 3 miles north of Route 17. Peggy was enjoying what she called cunnilingus or something like that, I don't know the kids' lingo these days, but as she was involved in this cunnilingus she gasped when she saw a series of very bright orange lights in a diamond shape hovering above the ridge which would shift from left to right and this lasted for a good 3 or 4 minutes, and then they were gone. They then finished their cunnilingus and returned home. Quite strange George, a good report from Peggy there.'

Jojo

Oh so cat pics get censored but that doesn't???

Jojo

Quote from: Jojo on February 14, 2020, 10:47:57 AM
A little.  But then there was the shameless flirt to the caller who said something about being breathless to talk to him, "Female caller, is your heart beating fast?"

And his tone was quite wound up to the next female caller as well.
Apropos, this was the cencored cat pic:

Dateline

Norry is cheap!  How cheap is Norry?  He is toocheap to spend the time to respond to an e-mail wishing Happy Valentine's Day.  Ha!  Ha!

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on February 15, 2020, 01:29:09 AM
Norry is cheap!  How cheap is Norry?  He is toocheap to spend the time to respond to an e-mail wishing Happy Valentine's Day.  Ha!  Ha!
He just wants you to think he is busy on a date, lol.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2852370/not-got-a-date-for-valentines-no-problem-follow-this-blokes-photo-guide-to-faking-a-boyfriend-or-girlfriend/

I like that Richard Syrett plays songs from Canadian bands as bumpers. The Arkells sound good, i guess there are some < 40 people who still play real music.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on February 15, 2020, 01:11:51 AM
Oh so cat pics get censored but that doesn't???

Lee wasn’t censoring anything but just asking you to use the [img] thingy on the left instead of attaching the actual photo to save server space. ;)

ItsOver

Your Ex seems to be somewhat "challenged," Doc.  Did you ever seek or provide professional help for this creature?  Asking for a friend. ;)

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 15, 2020, 06:46:52 AM
Lee wasn’t censoring anything but just asking you to use the [img] thingy on the left instead of attaching the actual photo to save server space. ;)
At this time of year, mansplaining difficult concepts like "thingy" is better when done along with arranged roses.

pate

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 15, 2020, 06:46:52 AM

Quote from: Jojo on February 15, 2020, 08:47:02 AM
At this time of year, mansplaining difficult concepts like "thingy" is better when done along with arranged roses.

Jaysus, you two dingbats.  Doc, I am amazed you didn't find and post this vidya:

https://youtu.be/_-DNk-Nmtqw

for your friend there.  It mansplains how to embed images pretty clearly (a little blurry in some places) but I am sure if "YoYo" watches the above vidya several times and takes really good notes she will be able to embed cat-pictures without taking up valuable storage space on the server.

-p

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jojo on February 15, 2020, 08:47:02 AM

At this time of year, women who use words like "mansplaining" with a straight face generally receive nothing from anyone.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on February 15, 2020, 11:02:59 AM
Jaysus, you two dingbats.  Doc, I am amazed you didn't find and post this vidya:

for your friend there.  It mansplains how to embed images pretty clearly (a little blurry in some places) but I am sure if "YoYo" watches the above vidya several times and takes really good notes she will be able to embed cat-pictures without taking up valuable storage space on the server.

-p

Amazing! (Trademark pending - Myke Deacon 2020)

ItsOver

Quote from: pate on February 15, 2020, 11:02:59 AM

-p
Heh, heh, heh.

"But, Archie... will I have to make the bed before I embed it?"

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on February 15, 2020, 02:20:22 PM
Heh, heh, heh.

"But, Archie... will I have to make the bed before I embed it?"

Aw, jeeze! ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: Liberace! on February 15, 2020, 11:26:10 AM
At this time of year, women who use words like "mansplaining" with a straight face generally receive nothing from anyone.

Yes, indeed.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 15, 2020, 12:17:23 PM
Amazing! (Trademark pending - Myke Deacon 2020)

I'll allow it...

Also.... imgbb.com is a good image hosting site.

Dateline

The news has leaked.  She'She' and Hubby flew to an unnamed destination in New England and had a romantic Valentine's Day dinner featuring fresh seafood.  Of course, they went in Hubby's private jet.

It sure beats fish tacos in Tijuana with Norry.

Uncle Duke

Last night's UFO "expert," some old gal named Diane Tessman, was one of most ill-informed and confused guests on the subject I've ever heard.  On top of that, she repeatedly alluded to the aliens (actually time travelers according to her) and how they abided by all things "Star Trek." One of the callers, another old gal who apologized for having been drinking, made more sense than Tessman. 

FXX

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 18, 2020, 10:45:26 AM
Last night's UFO "expert," some old gal named Diane Tessman, was one of most ill-informed and confused guests on the subject I've ever heard.  On top of that, she repeatedly alluded to the aliens (actually time travelers according to her) and how they abided by all things "Star Trek." One of the callers, another old gal who apologized for having been drinking, made more sense than Tessman.
Tacos in Hawaii wouldnt be bad though.