• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ShayP

Quote from: ItsOver on October 31, 2017, 08:28:31 PM
Ha, ha, ha... believe it or not, he's suppose to be one of his idols, Morgus.

Wow.  Well I guess he plucked some of the hair out of the mask to use it in his toupee.   He died those hairs of course.  I mean...it has to seem realistic.

Hasn't the ever popular Norry told us he dresses up then sits in the corner of some restaurant he patronizes to see if anyone recognises him?  (And of course they pretend not to)

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 31, 2017, 08:44:26 PM
Hasn't the ever popular Norry told us he dresses up then sits in the corner of some restaurant he patronizes to see if anyone recognises him?  (And of course they pretend not to)
I seem to recall something to that effect.  Maybe his favorite turkee sammich convenience store banned him when they got tired of Jorch creeping around the gas pumps in his Morgus get-up.

Quote from: ItsOver on October 31, 2017, 08:51:58 PM
I seem to recall something to that effect.  Maybe his favorite turkee sammich convenience store banned him when they got tired of Jorch creeping around the gas pumps in his Morgus get-up.

So he's sitting in the corner of the bar at the Great Greek right now, dressed in some cheap costume? 

Dateline

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 31, 2017, 08:54:57 PM
So he's sitting in the corner of the bar at the Great Greek right now, dressed in some cheap costume?

No trick or treat, just Norry being Norry.

Zetaspeak

Normally John Curtis drives me crazy, but last night his interaction with Jorge was so absurd, that it was oddly entertaining

-Jorge read through the Manafort/Popeypants story and introduces a very hyperventilating John Curtis
-Curtis does his normal nothing to see here routine on any negative Trump story and said the Manafort had nothing to do with Trump
-To my absolute shock Noory asks a follow up question about Poppeypants story is connected to Trump campaign
-Curtis really sucking wind and hyperventilating talks fast & gives the Trump company line of "He was a none player"
-Jorge ends the interview by saying "Well this seems like that start of this story, I'll like to have you back as it goes on"

It was the absurdity of the largest order. Noory wants to talk about this story, his guest adds nothing except "It's a none story" and George invites him back as "expert guest" on a story that the guest does not want to talk about. ONLY in Nooryland  ;D

If Jorge was doing sports and a regular season baseball postgame radio show, he would have a guest on after the game who would say "Regular season games don't matter, it's a waste of time, and baseball is stupid". Sportsradio Jorge would respond with "Okay, I'll have you back after tomorrow game with your analysis" 

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 31, 2017, 08:54:57 PM
Just wrapping up his 8 hours of show prep, no doubt.  He should be on his second bottle of red by now.  Brace for another "classhic" Noory Ghost to Ghost, 2017.

"George Noory hosts the traditional "Ghost to Ghost AM" Halloween show, where callers and guests share tales of ghostly encounters and contact with the afterworld. First hour guest, author, lecturer, and paranormal expert Bill Bean will discuss some of his most evil and disturbing cases, including exorcisms he's performed, as well as the world of curses, obsessions, and possessions by demonic entities."

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on October 31, 2017, 08:14:34 PM
That sounds better than this.  Jorch being himself.

10/31/17 22:15. GN
I just want you try for the next three hours to forget the world, RELAX, and enjoy Halloween, even though it's hard with all the news.  Today, 300 people were killed when a bridge failed (morbid details)... A mother was sentenced for severly beating her daughter (morbid details)

It might have been better to read the news FIRST and then tell us to relax....Hello...

Jojo

Quote from: ShayP on October 31, 2017, 08:21:03 PM
Ya know...I've seen that pic a bunch of times and I know the puppet is from the movie "It's Alive."  However...what the hell is George trying to be?
Looks like my landlady's sleepover pal! Gasp.

NoMoreNoory

Wow. Endless hand-wringing from Noory about whether to go ahead with G2G because of the NYC attack. Joorch, if the city can go ahead with its Halloween parade, I think that's decision made. Can you self-aggrandizement?
Then, after Noory said 'Unless we can take a step back, we are going to blow up as people', Bill Bean effectively says 'It was the Devil made him do it' and we need to re-establish our connection to God and actually trots out the 'the family that prays together stays together' horseshit with absolutely no sense of irony that it's too much religion and too much 'connection' to a non-existent God that creates this insanity in the first place. I've lost count already of the number of times Bean has praised God and his power. Or, roughly translated, 'Allahu-akbar'.

Click.

Morgus

Last night Noory mentioned when he was a kid he often dressed up as Zorro with a sword and ran around his neighborhood...

albrecht

Quote from: Jojo on October 31, 2017, 11:36:11 PM
10/31/17 22:15. GN
I just want you try for the next three hours to forget the world, RELAX, and enjoy Halloween, even though it's hard with all the news.  Today, 300 people were killed when a bridge failed (morbid details)... A mother was sentenced for severly beating her daughter (morbid details)

It might have been better to read the news FIRST and then tell us to relax....Hello...
One would think, by past performance- if one can call it that, that Norry would be great tonight and hitting every pitch with a line-up like that. Right in his sweet-spot: Muslim terrorism attacks, bridge/mine collapses (with nuke scenarios in NK,) likely dead, or mean due to fall-out, and a daughter being beaten, etc (she will be mean.)  But, alas.
-GNS
ps: TCM has MUCH better fare on.

Quote from: albrecht on October 31, 2017, 11:59:27 PM
One would think, by past performance- if one can call it that, that Norry would be great tonight and hitting every pitch with a line-up like that. Right in his sweet-spot: Muslim terrorism attacks, bridge/mine collapses (with nuke scenarios in NK,) likely dead, or mean due to fall-out, and a daughter being beaten, etc (she will be mean.)...

Zoo animals being shot?

Zetaspeak

Does Noory/C2C still have a partnership with Uber? I remember hyping them a whike back. It was awkward when Lauren Weinstein mentions the terrorists is an Uber driver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 31, 2017, 12:28:06 AM
I've seen numbers as high as 15 million.  There is no way it was ever even close to that. 

The population of the US when Art was getting ''15 million listeners'' was 300 million.  Was 5% of the populaton listening to Art Bell from 10pm-2am on the West Coast and 1am-4am on the East Coast?  One person of every 20 - man, woman, child, non-English speaking immigrant - tuning in to Art Bell in the middle of the night every single week night? 

Of course not.  I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and worked for a software company at the time.  A place where the unusual was the norm, as was staying up all night.  I wasn't aware of a single person that even knew who Art Bell was.

IMO, the 12 million, or 15 million, or whatever it was was either cums - each night's listeners added together cumulatively for the week - or just plain inflated.  Which is what radio shows do, which is why the audience is reported in cums for the week, which is why those numbers aren't released publicly the way the TV Nielsons are.

Still, 2.5 - 3 million per night is nothing to sneeze at.  Especially considering a large percentage of Art's fans listened to the entire show, unlike Noory, whose half a million listeners per night (if that) each mostly tune in for just a segment or two     

I wouldn't know about the "San Francisco Bay Area" but out in the midwest everyone with whom I worked and I think most of my friends at least knew about C2C and knew the name Art Bell. Maybe the "San Francisco Bay Area" is culturally a little different than other areas of the country. You people think you're the center of the universe and you're not thank goodness.

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on October 31, 2017, 12:31:49 AM
Don't get him started on Olivia, Newt and John.

Lol he didn't really, I mean it's a joke right?

Wish I hadn't read ahead about upcoming shows, the suck has taken all the air from the room.

Annie from Alabama calls in with her ghost story.

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on November 01, 2017, 12:45:58 AM
I wouldn't know about the "San Francisco Bay Area" but out in the midwest everyone with whom I worked and I think most of my friends at least knew about C2C and knew the name Art Bell. Maybe the "San Francisco Bay Area" is culturally a little different than other areas of the country. You people think you're the center of the universe and you're not thank goodness.

Well, it seemed like a good percentage of his callers lived in CA, and in the Bay Area.  Which makes sense since it started at 10pm here, and we have the largest population of the states.  I didn't conduct a scientific poll, or even ask everyone I knew, but it always seemed odd that no one I did ask had ever heard of him when topics like the X-Files, ufos, or bigfoot came up and I would ask. 

My point though was, there is no way 1 person of every 20 (15 mil / 300 million) in this country had their radios tuned to his show in the middle of the night every night.  Didn't happen.

Jojo

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on November 01, 2017, 12:51:12 AM
Lol he didn't really, I mean it's a joke right?

Wish I hadn't read ahead about upcoming shows, the suck has taken all the air from the room.
He he.

So Jorch said he had an old hag experience when he was a kid.  Said she tried to sit on his face.  Ewwww.  Poor woman.

Uggh.  Jorch plays the tape with his rendition of The Tell-Tale Heart.  I'm out of here.  G'night folks.

Alienigma

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 01, 2017, 02:28:27 AM
So Jorch said he had an old hag experience when he was a kid.  Said she tried to sit on his face.  Ewwww.  Poor woman.

He was having one of his sex dreams about LMH.

Parris001

Quote from: Alienigma on November 01, 2017, 03:36:16 AM
He was having one of his sex dreams about LMH.

Things that go BUMP in the night.......

diowulf

Quote from: albrecht on October 31, 2017, 11:59:27 PM
One would think, by past performance- if one can call it that, that Norry would be great tonight and hitting every pitch with a line-up like that. Right in his sweet-spot: Muslim terrorism attacks, bridge/mine collapses (with nuke scenarios in NK,) likely dead, or mean due to fall-out, and a daughter being beaten, etc (she will be mean.)  But, alas.
-GNS
ps: TCM has MUCH better fare on.

I'm sure I know the show already but I'm not following, do tell please what's TCM? I tried ghost to ghost but got about five minutes in and gave up

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 01, 2017, 02:47:07 AM
Uggh.  Jorch plays the tape with his rendition of The Tell-Tale Heart.  I'm out of here.  G'night folks.

Really? What a fraud. He will do anything to avoid talking to his listeners. On top of which, it's an absolutely dreadful reading.

Morgus

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 01, 2017, 02:47:07 AM
Noory couldn't even get thru 3 full hours of ghost to ghost?
He hates interacting with callers...

shadefc09

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 01, 2017, 01:29:07 AM
Annie from Alabama calls in with her ghost story.

I'm pretty sure Annie from Alabama is just George trying his best to sound like a girl, lol