• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: NoMoreNoory on June 16, 2015, 08:48:15 AM
Did he actually say that?!!

Yeah, he opened with that while interviewing the "paleoentologist", and then added  "well that was one of the dinosaur periods, wasn't it?"

PathoJen

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 16, 2015, 03:31:07 PM
Yeah, he opened with that while interviewing the "paleoentologist", and then added  "well that was one of the dinosaur periods, wasn't it?"
Unreal. He never ceases to amaze me. In a bad way.

starrmtn001

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 16, 2015, 12:25:37 PM
Few shows better illuminate Noory's shortcomings than last night's with guest Peter Ward, a highly credentialed yet down-to-earth multi-discipline scientist.  Noory ruined what could have been a stellar show with nonstop displays of ignorance and butchery of the language. It sounded like a 2nd grader was interviewing the guy.  What a waste.
And quality of a more legitimate science or person is always admitting when he doesn't know something, especially if he hasn't studied. And that potentially what he thinks might be wrong.

Only people the level of Norry claim to have knowledge of every subject and always claim, after a quick wiki search by Tommy and rapidly filled out 3x5 card, to "add" something or some comment, often wrong, to pretend he has a mastery of the subject.

When asked by a caller a good question about blood-types, genetics, Rh factor, and disease Peter Ward admitted he has not studied that subject. Norry would barge in and claim vast knowledge and throw some lame line out, since we would no doubt be confused on the current research- "are you a vampire, why this interest in blood?"

I got a hint, just a sneaking suspicion, that Peter Ward has also hesitant to answer the Rh factor and blood group systems also, because of C2C callers on this subject; which can get "touchy" because of the potential impacts, or even politics, of race, evolution, or even wild theories of "alien" contact in this regard.

Quote from: albrecht on June 16, 2015, 03:53:28 PM
And quality of a more legitimate science or person is always admitting when he doesn't know something, especially if he hasn't studied. And that potentially what he thinks might be wrong.

Only people the level of Norry claim to have knowledge of every subject and always claim, after a quick wiki search by Tommy and rapidly filled out 3x5 card, to "add" something or some comment, often wrong, to pretend he has a mastery of the subject.

When asked by a caller a good question about blood-types, genetics, Rh factor, and disease Peter Ward admitted he has not studied that subject. Norry would barge in and claim vast knowledge and throw some lame line out, since we would no doubt be confused on the current research- "are you a vampire, why this interest in blood?"

I got a hint, just a sneaking suspicion, that Peter Ward has also hesitant to answer the Rh factor and blood group systems also, because of C2C callers on this subject; which can get "touchy" because of the potential impacts, or even politics, of race, evolution, or even wild theories of "alien" contact in this regard.

I missed the call-in hour last night, but in the past some C2C callers have had pretty whacked out ideas about the Rh factor.

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 16, 2015, 04:02:05 PM
I missed the call-in hour last night, but in the past some C2C callers have had pretty whacked out ideas about the Rh factor.
Yes, it wasn't totally obvious, but, to me, I was thinking he was familiar with C2C callers and likely also wild theories about Rh factor and didn't want to go there. And was an honest enough person and scientist to admit he didn't study it; even if this was an "out" to avoid the subject gracefully. Only Norry, and some callers, think they have a mastery of all sciences.

Heather Wade

Face firmly in palm. 

akwilly

first guest 2 night has potential to be interesting, but so did the dinosaur guy last night, so will see what happens

trostol

anything not New Agey is out of George's element

akwilly

Quote from: trostol on June 16, 2015, 08:32:58 PM
anything not New Agey is out of George's element
don't forget about all natural drugs that cure being gay

Mizak

Some things that really annoy me the most about Dave is his talking over a guest,interrupting the guest and even sometimes when a caller asks a question He will answer with the lamest reply Ignoring the guest completely!!! GNS So glad Art will be back Real Soon.Tick Tock Dave.

Juan Cena

Quote from: akwilly on June 16, 2015, 10:25:08 PM
don't forget about all natural drugs that cure being gay

I'd like to see how many people that tried the anti-gay drugs went on to be involved in loving same-sexy mariages.8

UFQuack

Noory mentions it, Clyde Lewis mentions it.

I'm calling BS on "Charlie Charlie" and it's not hard to do if you've seen any of the Youtube videos on it. It's just a bunch of little youngsters just playing spooky.

On the other hand if you're a big fan of small off-camera winds disturbing pencils followed by phoney screams, well then by all means knock yourself out.

akwilly

ya the charlie charlie thing is just a crappy fad, but ouija boards screw that, I do believe weird stuff does happen when you screw around with those.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Mizak on June 16, 2015, 11:28:11 PM
Some things that really annoy me the most about Dave is his talking over a guest,interrupting the guest and even sometimes when a caller asks a question He will answer with the lamest reply Ignoring the guest completely!!! GNS So glad Art will be back Real Soon.Tick Tock Dave.
Yes.  A guest might have a really good narrative and have us interested and be explaining some process and Dave will often interrupt his train of thought with some irrelevant question.  Some guests are wise to that and just give him a cursory answer and get back on track.  I really admired the fellow who wrote "Chasing the Scream" about legalizing drugs and Portugal, who would not be dissuaded from his mission. 

At times a guest covers a topic well and Dave will ask him a question that had already been answered.  I am beginning to think that Dave may have a real problem.  My husband is dyslexic - maybe Dave cannot keep a continuity of thought for too long.  He should take up math or science, maybe?   

CornyCrow

Quote from: akwilly on June 17, 2015, 01:51:04 AM
ya the charlie charlie thing is just a crappy fad, but ouija boards screw that, I do believe weird stuff does happen when you screw around with those.
Yes.  I remember a lot of figure 8's or infinity signs and a lot of ZOZO, which I took for OZ.  When I got those, I'd get off the board because I'd usually get nonsense coming through.  It really might be some sort of thought form.  In high school, right before graduation, we'd play with it during home room.  Everyone got something that cursed except me.  I think it's often your subconscious coming through. I never got anything worthwhile from OUIJA and just lost interest.  I wonder if anyone has found anything out that was interesting? 

RickySsan

Quote from: NW Kro͞oˈsādər on June 15, 2015, 07:54:36 PM
Major Ed Dames: Remote Pooping for the 23 century

8)
Can't go wrong with a poop, sets you up for a good day..

Robert

Night before last, I caught something on Noory's show that was so bad, I decided to go thru the registr'n process here to note it a while after the fact, especially since nobody upthread seems to have remarked on this particular occasion of egregiousness.  I'd tuned in because of my interest in the advertised topic; sometimes a guest is good enough that even Noory can't completely wreck the discussion.  We know how little att'n Noory pays to his own show.  Probably most of us have heard him ask a question that the guest answered in the previous hour, sometimes even in response to the same question, but this time took the cake.

The guest gave his opinion that life, even at the microbial level, was rare in the universe, rarer than some others think, so Noory asked him whether he thought Earth was alone in that regard.  The guest said no, that even with the degree of rarity he expected, there would be other places that had at least microbial life.  Not 15 mins. later, maybe just 10, Noory asked him whether he thought the universe outside Earth was devoid of even microbial life.  Noory said it without the slightest indication that the question had been asked, let alone answered, and the guest answered again briefly w/o the least appearance of annoyance or loss of enthusiasm in discussing the topic.

I don't think Noory is experiencing seizures or has any brain damage that would cause him to forget so quickly, but rather that he's just good at superficially feigning interest in guests he's not paying att'n to.  I suspect Noory has a helper who actually pays att'n to the show hand him questions written on slips or cards, and that sometimes after reading one & getting an answer, Noory puts it mistakenly in the "unused" rather than "used" pile.

SredniVashtar

That's classic Noory. I think my first post was a bit similar to yours - amazement that someone so blatantly uninterested in his job can keep on getting a pay check. When you hear him away from the Coast mic he sounds reasonably normal, but get him on that show and he seems as though he took too many pills to get to sleep the night before and the effect still hasn't worn off. The tipping point for me, I remember, was when he asked an expert on Egypt how things were going in the Gaza Strip area, rather than the Giza Plateau.

Art Bell can't come back soon enough and we can start to hear grown-up radio again.

Welcome to the forum!

Quote from: CornyCrow on June 17, 2015, 07:11:57 AM
Yes.  A guest might have a really good narrative and have us interested and be explaining some process and Dave will often interrupt his train of thought with some irrelevant question.  Some guests are wise to that and just give him a cursory answer and get back on track.  I really admired the fellow who wrote "Chasing the Scream" about legalizing drugs and Portugal, who would not be dissuaded from his mission. 

At times a guest covers a topic well and Dave will ask him a question that had already been answered.  I am beginning to think that Dave may have a real problem.  My husband is dyslexic - maybe Dave cannot keep a continuity of thought for too long.  

You got that right.  Fairly marked ADHD I presume.

QuoteHe should take up math or science, maybe?

It would certainly be good for his program if he did.  He started off in pre-dental, and switched to communications in spite of his parents' wishes.  I presume he probably switched because he wasn't able to handle even the most basic first year science and math courses.

As someone who spent many years studying engineering, math, and science I can tell you it requires absolutely intense concentration for extended periods of time, and the ability to hold multiple abstract equations, ideas, and relationships in your head simultaneously while mentally manipulating them in every possible way in order to even try to assemble them in some relevant manner.  You can spend hours studying a single page of text referencing and cross referencing, trying to understand what the equations and text are trying to show you.  It can burn you out pretty quickly.  Even with an exceptional IQ, some of that stuff is nearly impossible to wrap your brain around.  We could bring anything we wanted into third and fourth year engineering exams: laptops, notes, crib sheets, programmable graphical calculators, text books, whatever.  We were allowed to answer any three of five or six questions.  The entire class would still be scratching their heads after three hours.  The only ones who left early had given up and decided to repeat the course the following year.  Most would have failed many on those exams if not for marking on a curve.  These were not dumb people.

Anyway I just wanted to spout about how tough it was.  I meant nothing against your post  :)

CornyCrow

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 17, 2015, 11:57:18 AM
You got that right.  Fairly marked ADHD I presume.

It would certainly be good for his program if he did.  He started off in pre-dental, and switched to communications in spite of his parents' wishes.  I presume he probably switched because he wasn't able to handle even the most basic first year science and math courses.

As someone who spent many years studying engineering, math, and science I can tell you it requires absolutely intense concentration for extended periods of time, and the ability to hold multiple abstract equations, ideas, and relationships in your head simultaneously while mentally manipulating them in every possible way in order to even try to assemble them in some relevant manner.  You can spend hours studying a single page of text referencing and cross referencing, trying to understand what the equations and text are trying to show you.  It can burn you out pretty quickly.  Even with an exceptional IQ, some of that stuff is nearly impossible to wrap your brain around.  We could bring anything we wanted into third and fourth year engineering exams.   Laptops, notes, crib sheets, programmable graphical calculators, text books, whatever.  We were allowed to answer any three of five or six questions.  The entire class would still be scratching their heads after three hours.  The only ones who left early had given up and decided to repeat the course the following year.  Most would have failed many on those exams if not for marking on a curve.  These were not dumb people.

Anyway I just wanted to spout about how tough it was.  I meant nothing against your post  :)
Not at all.  Your post was interesting.  I never had a really difficult math or science class, but found them very interesting and did well in math, but it took a lot more of my time, homework-wise, to review the present day and to prepare for the next.  I don't know how you guys did that.   

Quote from: CornyCrow on June 17, 2015, 12:36:52 PM
Not at all.  Your post was interesting.  I never had a really difficult math or science class, but found them very interesting and did well in math, but it took a lot more of my time, homework-wise, to review the present day and to prepare for the next.  I don't know how you guys did that.

I probably wasn't that organized.  Maybe that was one of my problems.  I may have not had the aptitude I thought I did either.  It sounds like you might have  8).

RickySsan

Quote from: Robert on June 17, 2015, 08:45:54 AM
I don't think Noory is experiencing seizures or has any brain damage that would cause him to forget so quickly.

Well, you might be wrong there...  With the slurred speech and the propensity towards pizza rolls, turkey sandwiches and asking the same question several times.. well, the odds are kinda stacked up against him.

So, seizures, a real possibility..

Just throwing it out there  ;D

albrecht

I listened to last night's show on WOAI, which is iHateMedia, Inc's flamethrower from their HQ in SA.

And almost ALL commercials were either promoting other WOAI shows or annoying "music news" updates from iHateMedia, Inc "24/7 entertainment news center," or for the iHateMedia radio app. Not even local car dealers. Virtually all were promoting the station and iHate. (Aside from a CCRadio from Norry, and a "Blue Emu Oil".) How can you make money that way? And this is from their clear-channel, flamethrower that can be heard in a wide area, not some local power AM station.
-GNS

ufogadfly

Quote from: albrecht on June 13, 2015, 03:09:50 PM
Too bad Norry can't pronounce the word "powerful." So, I knew it was coming, he just asked Mitch "what drives you." (A variant of the "how do you do what you do?" question.
And we learn that Norry supports Freemasonry and and further went about Masons to say "they got a bum rap." I'm sure the next time a more conspiratorial guest is on talking about the evils of Masonry he will heartily agree that Masons are bad.
-GNS

I've been gagging about "pahrful" for months. Thanks for mentioning it. Now I'm off to the "theerter."

ufogadfly

Quote from: albrecht on June 13, 2015, 03:53:18 PM
Great. Norry announced he is going to have a new show feature. It is creatively named "We Get Emails" in which Norry is going to read a few emails he receives on the air. Riveting radio, I'm sure.
I love this email Norry got from a person who likes paranormaldate:

"this is the greatest idea to met people who are into what I'm in for"
In For (in prison, in a mental health facility, or what?)

Almost as creative as "Conversations With Linda". You know he calls it that because it's all about conver.....uh, never mind.

136 or 142

It turns out we were all wrong aboot George Noory.  He's just been elected president of Mensa.  There's an article on it in an online newspaper called something like The Radish.

ufogadfly

Quote from: albrecht on June 15, 2015, 03:18:00 PM
Or worse if they sing. Recall that night of suckage that featured a contest of callers singing of Auld Lang Syne. Riveting radio.

I do recall it. "Local" radio at its worst. Hey, George! You're on hundreds of stations and heard internationally!

ufogadfly

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 16, 2015, 12:15:06 AM
"A lot of people are saying 'how did Spieberg come up with the name Jurassic?'"

Yeah, this isn't going to be a total waste of three hours.

Oh, man, am I sorry I missed that episode. It must have been a classic.

ufogadfly

Quote from: 136 or 142 on June 17, 2015, 06:06:27 PM
It turns out we were all wrong aboot George Noory.  He's just been elected president of Mensa.  There's an article on it in an online newspaper called something like The Radish.

Possibly "The Onion"? They do some pretty funny stuff.