• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

nbirnes

Quote from: Rico999 on June 02, 2015, 11:33:39 PM
I've said this before and I'll say it again:  This guy Noory reminds me of Arthur Godfrey, the TV talker of the 50s who presented this lovable image onscreen, but in real life was an egotistical monster.   The great film, Elia Kazan's "A Face in the Crowd," was based loosely on Godfrey. 

Noory's a modern day version.   George, please get into politics.  You've GOT to carry this show on the road so we can really have a big laugh...

I was surprised to learn that Godfrey's daughter didn't actually take LSD and jump out of a window, thus ending all research into that drug.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Dateline on June 02, 2015, 11:42:02 PM
Internet chatter is that the old GLP site was pulled because of his girlfriend he took to court.

Who took who to court?

Dateline

Quote from: Nick el Ass on June 02, 2015, 11:47:40 PM
Who took who to court?

Whispers at conferences is that she was framed, so shook up and heartbroken that she never recovered, and is somewhere in Appalachia drawing disability.  It was mutual.

Don't know much more, but I can dig.

Rico999

GLP still exists....with plenty of Noory pages, but nothing like the GNS pages of the 2000s.   

And there you have it, Dave once again proudly announces that he's a scientific illiterate. 

He's running through his laundry list of personal fear/paranoia now....Dave's getting too predictable.   It's BORING, Dave. 

K_Dubb

Quote from: Jorch Einstein on June 02, 2015, 10:42:27 PM
What an insecure, sensitive little man Jorch must be. Most people in his position would realize there is nothing they can do about online critics, and just brush it all off, but Jorch just can't let it go, and always has to try and make an appearance, in order to prove what a great guy he is. Does he really think that will make all the critics disappear? Is he really that dumb? (That was rhetorical).

Not sure that's it.  I think the level of intellectual engagement he gets here, albeit largely critical, is satisfying compared with what he gets from his usual public appearances, callers and corporate suck-up cronies, so in a strange way Bellgab's opinions fascinate and really matter to him.  Hugely entertaining; thanks to all who made it so.

Quote from: nbirnes on June 02, 2015, 11:42:43 PM
I was surprised to learn that Godfrey's daughter didn't actually take LSD and jump out of a window, thus ending all research into that drug.

are you thinking of the daughter of Art Linkletter (Diane Linkletter)? it didn't end LSD research, but it did kick off the war on drugs. things got really crazy back then.

Quote from: Rico999 on June 02, 2015, 11:51:05 PM
GLP still exists....with plenty of Noory pages, but nothing like the GNS pages of the 2000s.   

And there you have it, Dave once again proudly announces that he's a scientific illiterate.

Yeah, just the one thread was removed.  There are still 6 pages worth of threads about Noory on GLP.

er92

Tonight I fell off the wagon, after 3 years of not listening to noory I decided to actually tune into to the train wreck. I can't wait for Art to come back god jorch is even worse than when I last stopped listening to him. Who wants to hear about generational differences? Give me ufos, bigfoot something that isn't boring or intertwined with political biases. I really hope he opens the lines I fell like giving that guest and snorch a piece of my mind. I spent a whole marketing class last semester going over generations (all bullshit btw) this isn't entertaining, this isn't what coast to coast is supposed to be about. 

nbirnes

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on June 02, 2015, 11:55:08 PM
are you thinking of the daughter of Art Linkletter (Diane Linkletter)? it didn't end LSD research, but it did kick off the war on drugs. things got really crazy back then.

Yes! Thank you -- Linkletter, not Godfrey. They were similar men, sort of Howdy Doodies come to life, each of them. But I was shocked that that story wasn't true at all, and there's more to it than that, but I'd have to wake up the author to get the details.

Well, this topic on the show is boring me now.  Good night, bellgabbers.

Quote from: Rico999 on June 02, 2015, 11:33:39 PM

Dave can't sue anyone on this page for just about any reason.  He's a PUBLIC figure.  You can satirize this guy any way you want.  The FIRST AMENDMENT covers it, folks.  How many times a day do you read something online where Obama is actually an alien and is taking over the planet or some such rubbish?  Or that Ted Cruz is actually Satan in drag?  Hey, public figures are fair game! 

He could sue, sure, for saying that he sucks or this and that, but any judge (that wasn't bought and paid for) would throw the case out of court.  There's no libel in satire or criticism, even if it's false!

He could sue MV though, I suppose and with his financial resources -- especially if PremRat gets behind it -- drain his funds so he'd have to shut the site down.  Don't worry though, there's more where this came from...In fact, this site is cream and sugar compared with the old GLP site which was downright scandalous and subversive.  Noladog, where are you when we need you?

MAD Magazine has been in existence for more than 60 years poking this kind of fun at public figures.  Sorry GEORGE, but you need to get this into your thick skull.

No one's saying anything nasty or slanderous about your family, either, Dave, so that's out, pal.   

The fact that he's even paying any attention to this page means it's gotten under his skin and it torments him.  GOOD, I say.  He's a lousy host:  Zero interview skills, little or no intellectual curiosity, poor scientific knowledge -- and yet he thinks he's great.

I've said this before and I'll say it again:  This guy Noory reminds me of Arthur Godfrey, the TV talker of the 50s who presented this lovable image onscreen, but in real life was an egotistical monster.   The great film, Elia Kazan's "A Face in the Crowd," was based loosely on Godfrey. 

Noory's a modern day version.   George, please get into politics.  You've GOT to carry this show on the road so we can really have a big laugh...
==================================================================
'Allo!!
With you still am i.
I have mixed feelings about Mr.Noory,but it's strange to compare him to Arthur Godfrey.
Mr.Godfrey actually did have some sincere involvement with 'paranormal' events like ufo's.
And strange 'religeus' visions,like Fatima types of events.
Some of his personal connections were suggestive of an honest 'seeker' whom was easily 'captured' by the 'alphabet bureaus' and "turned".
If one looks at the story stated on the air by Mr.Bell of being "arrested" at the p.o.in Pahrump and taken in-to 'Vegas?for booking by the F.B.I.,then being forced to hire an taxi,rush back to house..arriveing just a few seconds before air time....which i vividly remember,but not by show date..
Maybe for signing for an "package of 'perloined' papers"..
Compare that to the rumors of Mr.Godfrey (or Jackie Gleason!) being involved with speculative news hounds over UFO's,little green men,contactee stories that never were proven out or used on the air.
Were Godfrey and many "media celebrities" played for fools by special gov't teams to plant disinfo during the 'fifties,'40's saucer mania flap period...
"B_B"
PS:Still placing 'Noory-calypse',et.al.in abeyance.
PPS:Can't find my "Wide Flange Beam"jpg...

Quote from: nbirnes on June 03, 2015, 12:00:05 AM
Yes! Thank you -- Linkletter, not Godfrey. They were similar men, sort of Howdy Doodies come to life, each of them. But I was shocked that that story wasn't true at all, and there's more to it than that, but I'd have to wake up the author to get the details.

Art Linkletter visited with my brother and others when he visited bro's hospital in the 80's.  He seemed like a nice guy to me and was doing what he could to help people with drug and mental problems.

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on June 02, 2015, 10:25:58 PM
I'm giving Norry some credit for calling in and what he said, basically. ...

The guy sounded fairly reasonable to me.  And I also give him props just for calling in.  Honestly I just can't muster the kind of anger some have towards him personally.  Doesn't mean I like his show or how he's handled alot of things, though.

Nick el Ass

I have decided to never listen to Dave Noorie ever again, and will be saying goodbye to the GNS thread forever... and will stay in Art's until July. On goes the classical music station.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 02, 2015, 10:52:26 PM
Alright zeebo, I think someone owes us an Haiku or three or four.

Haha, yep I'll deliver as promised.  For all I know, maybe my haiku escalation threat was what made GN call in.   :D

Quote from: zeebo on June 03, 2015, 12:03:35 AM
The guy sounded fairly reasonable to me.  And I also give him props just for calling in.  Honestly I just can't muster the kind of anger some have towards him personally.  Doesn't mean I like his show or how he's handled alot of things, though.

Couldn't agree more.  I don't hate the man.  I just don't think he is qualified to host a national show.

Rico999

Quote from: Beelzebubbelah on June 03, 2015, 12:01:38 AM
==================================================================
'Allo!!
With you still am i.
I have mixed feeligs about mr.Noory,but it's strange to compare him to arthur godfrey.
Mr.Godfrey actually did have some sincere involvement with paranormal events like ufo's.
And strange religeus visions,like Fatima types of events.
Some of his personal connections were suggestive of an honest seeker whom was easily captured by the spy bureaus and turned.
If one looks at the story on the air by Mr.Bell of being arrested at the p.o.in Pahrump and taken in-to 'Vegas?for booking by FBI,then being forced to taxi back to house just a few seconds before air time.
Maybe for signing for an package of perloined papers..
Compare that to the rumors of Mr.Godfrey or Jackie Gleason being involved with speculative news hounds over UFO's,little green men,contactee stories that never were proven out or used on the air.
Were Godfrey and many "media celebrities" played for fools by special gov't teams to plant disinfo during the 'fifties,'40's saucer mania flap period...
"B_B"
PS:Still placing 'Noory-calypse',et.al.in abeyance.
PPS:Can't find my "Wide Flange Beam"jpg...

My reference to Godfrey was not about what he believed in, spiritually speaking, but rather his pubic image -- as I said, he was portrayed as this lovable guy, kind of an everyman -- where in real life, he was a pretty cold, domineering boss.  His public firing on the air of one of his shows regulars, singer Julius LaRosa, was scandalous at the time and the public began to get wise about his real personality.

Gleason was well known to be a serious paranormal buff.  As a student at the University of Miami, I spent quite a bit of time in the Special Collections at the Richter Library on campus going over the material he left to the library at UM.  He was into it all the way and I'm sure most of you are familiar with the story that his good golfing (and drinking) buddy, President Nixon took him to Homestead AFB to view an alien there....

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 02, 2015, 11:22:00 PM
I missed that gem.  I think I was having a fit over GN asking why demons are evil.

I have felt vaguely reassured all day, following Craig Martin's assertion that demons'automatically' kill birds. If this is true, I reflected, every single place I have ever lived or visited has been filled with birdsong and therefore a demon-free zone. Then again, of course, it may just be because demons don't exist outside of the narrow medievalism of Martin and Noory.

NoMoreNoory

As to Noory's threat to sue, that's hilarious. Bring it on, Dave.
In his private life and in his business dealings, he may well be a lovely man, brimful of integrity. I wouldn't know, and don't comment.
As far as his Coast persona goes, I have no hesitation in calling him a fraud, a hypocrite and a liar and would be happy to back that up with examples. And he does make himself, his opinions, his life, his claimed experiences and his family members part of the Coast warp and weft and as such makes himself and them a valid target for his critics.
As you were. George Noory sucks.

Rico999

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on June 03, 2015, 12:24:34 AM
As to Noory's threat to sue, that's hilarious. Bring it on, Dave.
In his private life and in his business dealings, he may well be a lovely man, brimful of integrity. I wouldn't know, and don't comment.
As far as his Coast persona goes, I have no hesitation in calling him a fraud, a hypocrite and a liar and would be happy to back that up with examples. And he does make himself, his opinions, his life, his claimed experiences and his family members part of the Coast warp and weft and as such makes himself and them a valid target for his critics.
As you were. George Noory sucks.

Damn right.  Anything he says as a public person is open to any kind of comment, parody, satirization and/or criticism. 

In the past, Noory has said that if people don't like the show then they shouldn't listen.  Doesn't that also apply to him visiting BellGab?  By his logic, if he doesn't like the things he reads on here then why does he visit? 

I'm actually enjoying tonight's show but wish Mr. Howe would be on for the full show.  His vision of the future does not rely on crystal balls or snake oil, but on historical/generational trends that repeat in a fairly predictable fashion.  I just hope we come out of this fourth turning stronger than before, because the alternative is not very appealing.

Quote from: nbirnes on June 02, 2015, 11:42:43 PM

The suicide was Diane Linkletter

zeebo

The generational stuff was actually kind of interesting.  I think that guest was on once with Ian was he not?  I remember that being a pretty good show long ago.  But this polygraph test topic is putting the zzzzzz's in zeebo.  Nite all.

136 or 142

George Noory will be on CKNW with Drex from 6-7 PM (PDT) this coming Friday.  He'll be taking calls.
www.cknw.com

136 or 142

Not sure this is the right place to post this but anyway.

Coast to Coast has had programs on real and alleged German military inventions during World War II and also on the alleged inventions based on Tesla technology during the same war, but this is a program on the real inventions the British were looking into including Pyke's Ice Aircraft Carrier:
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-june-2-2015-1.3096552/how-winston-churchill-came-on-board-pyke-s-ice-aircraft-carrier-1.3096640

Izintit?

Quote from: ItsOver on June 02, 2015, 04:11:00 PM
15.  Out of all the guest's books you haven't read, which one is your favorite?
LOL!   I`d pay to hear that one asked him!

Izintit?

Quote from: Jorch Einstein on June 02, 2015, 11:04:39 PM
I felt Nooryisawesome's call was entirely appropriate. Noory is a basically a modern day snake-oil salesman who has contempt for his uneducated audience, is laughing all the way to the bank, and deserves not an iota of respect.
You are right on. He`s tried this crap before. He is a thin-skinned, no-talent hack. As a matter of fact last time George was here he said "I have a pretty thick skin...". Riiiiiiiight. Take everything he says and believe the opposite. GNS

onan

My problem with Dave is all about his pretension of moral superiority. Dave walks into the serpent's den and when bitten complains about the snakes. He gets to feign indignation for lack of respect. And, although true, insults are one of the common currencies in many of these threads, he can't have it both ways. If Dave were a consistently present member he may have some ground for demanding some level behavior with other members, but to present himself on such an infrequent basis and request/demand different behaviors is at least naive and more than likely manipulating with the hopes of fomenting infighting.

grizpsych

Long time lurker, first time poster. Wow, after listening to George on gabcast, I have a completely different perspective of him.  :-\ And, I wonder if his granddaughter has taken one of my classes.