• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

b_dubb

i've had it.  i'm going to listen to my dog fart or the neighbor bitch at her cat

HAL 9000

Children International

What Snoory, or the president of the charity won't tell you is:

The charity spends nearly 20% of it's donations on administrative costs.

Chief Executive : James R. Cook, President and CEO Salary Compensation: $453,998/year (as of 2009)

They are actively seeking employees to raise donations - the more you raise, the more you get paid.

valdez

A caller confronted Steven Quayle about his habit of bouncing from subject to subject without getting into any one topic in detail.  George defended Quayle by saying that "he said at the beginning of the show he was going to cover a lot of things."  Yeah.  But you are still the host, George.  And when a guest states that he has spoken to the anti Christ, I, and whatever portion of your audience with a brain that still listens, expect you to follow up with a glimmer of curiosity of such a bizarre statement.   You said nothing.  That alone should be grounds for your immediate dismissal, but as you have so hubristically stated just a few days ago, you will be on the air "forever".

medium.jpg
Steven Quayle

mikemcc

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 07, 2011, 03:56:45 AM
Children International

Chief Executive : James R. Cook, President and CEO Salary Compensation: $453,998/year (as of 2009)

They are actively seeking employees to raise donations - the more you raise, the more you get paid.

If this is the case, I wonder how much George earns from promoting this organization on the C2C website. He makes his pitch to contribute seem all warmth and hugs, but if he earns money from this, he becomes lower than pond scum in my book. (That's even worse than being one of the worst on-air interviewers in history.) I have nothing against people earning money -- even for promoting charities -- as long as they disclose what they are doing. I'm not saying that George DOES earn money from this, but the last line in the previous post makes me wonder...

onan

Not to defend the charity nor the practice of hiring "collection" employees. The standard reply is if the organization didn't exist the donations would be much lower than those generated minus the "overhead".

This is one area where regulation is not only needed but should be regulated with an iron fist. People have a tough time deciding to donate to begin with. Knowing that contributions help to feather a nest that makes almost a half a mill a year makes it all that much harder.

Those types of ceo's need to have daily colonoscopies performed by the generous people at black and decker.

Quote from: valdez on January 07, 2011, 06:18:30 AM
    A caller confronted Steven Quayle about his habit of bouncing from subject to subject without getting into any one topic in detail.  George defended Quayle by saying that "he said at the beginning of the show he was going to cover a lot of things."  Yeah.  But you are still the host, George.  And when a guest states that he has spoken to the anti Christ, I, and whatever portion of your audience with a brain that still listens, expect you to follow up with a glimmer of curiosity of such a bizarre statement.   You said nothing.  That alone should be grounds for your immediate dismissal, but as you have so hubristically stated just a few days ago, you will be on the air "forever".

That's what I love about George. Three f'ing hours to fill and he's content to let a bullshit guest bounce around so much they could end the interview after 20 minutes.

As far as the charity, let's face it......there are a lot of them like this. No surprise.

toxicmop

Qualye is so full of shit. He never goes in-depth because he has zero proof of anything. The dude just bounces around in some schizo rage with absolutely no flow. Tao is totally right you could have ended that interview at any time randomly and it would have been just as coherent. Anytime he's challenged he'll just bring up a quote or section from the bible and make a bizarre parable to the comment at hand. I was about cheering when that caller blasted him, but then George in his own smarmy way tried to make the caller look like a doofus. My lip curled up for the rest of the show.

I'll have to listen to that Ian interview with him. I listened to the apology and it sucks Ian had to lower himself like that. I didn't feel it was genuine though, I definitely agree he was forced into that. It pisses me off greatly.

George Drooly

Quayle is indeed full of shit, for all the reasons above. What he talks about might actually be interesting if there were the slightest reasoning or discipline behind his presentation of the material. Say what you will about Hoaxland, but that dude is compelling (okay -- somewhat) because he knows how to link one thing to another in his and the listener's minds, and can, after several hours, circle around from a digression to his original and total point (which is generally something about spending your money on a cruise, heh). Sure it's baiting, and sure we'll never get the carrot from Tricky Dick (or most of these jokers) but Hoaxland is better radio. The mixture of Quayle and Noory on the other hand is a lethal dose of annoyance and boredom, like those multi-page magazine ads for strange new drugs, line after line of conditions and warnings and you still have no idea what the medicine is supposed to treat. "Get happy with Noor-Quay!"

b_dubb

i find it disgusting that they made Ian apologizing for doing his job well

Quote from: b_dubb on January 08, 2011, 01:26:25 PM
i find it disgusting that they made Ian apologizing for doing his job well

Damn right. Quayle is whiny piece of shit who was pissed he didn't have his ass kissed. Like most fundy doom and gloom nutjobs, he can't hack it the second someone questions him. I used to think George was just a nice guy, and a bad host, but the fact he cowered in his diaper and let that asshole spew his bullshit shows he's a total loser.

anagrammy

Where the rubber meets the road is the reply of the interviewer when the guest says something WAAAAY out there, like, "I spoke to the anti-Christ this afternoon..."  I loved how Art used to chop a "WHAT?" to fast it sounded like "HT?" and then he would hold those feet right to the fire then and there.  No accepting of the cheapshot, "It's all in the book, chapter three."  I remember with great affection when Art told the guest, "That means Father Arnetti lied about the whole thing" (that he viewed and photographed the crucifixion of Christ).  EXACTLY what we are all thinking!

Listening to Noory is like signing up for an itch that you can't scratch.  He does not become the Coast Listener, he has become the Coast Soother.  When he told the audience in San Leandro that he couldn't take any questions, he added it was because he had to have time for "meet and greet" because that's the most important thing. 

Clearly there is a new mission for C2C and I'm afraid Ian is not going to survive because it is becoming more and more clear that they do NOT WANT the confrontations that have been the yin and yang, the meat and potatoes success of Coast for all these years.

No one wants oatmeal in the middle of the night.

Anagrammy

fabucat

Hi!  I just joined.  I wanted to thank you for trashing Quayle.  Amen. Amen.  And d@mn you George for not kicking Quayle's a**.

b_dubb

there's a lot of PT Barnum to what Coast does.  there's currently (1/8/11) a drawing of what looks like a leprechaun on the C2C site depicting what a listener insists is a little man that lives with him and his family in their home.  most would forward this guy to the appropriate mental health professionals.  C2C posts the drawing and description as if it were plausible.  They do something similar every time Steve Quayle comes on the show. 

When C2C starts to ENABLE some of the obviously unstable people who orbit C2C, they become a tool that's actively engaged in dumbing down it's listeners.  The 'soft' science on this show is just sickening.  Noory actively rejecting scholarly figures like Hawking, etc.  Noory couldn't explain scientific theory so he has no business commenting on anything science related.  He can sell CCrane radios and nod his head but that's the extent of his qualifications.

Ian and George Knapps shows are the only reason to continue listening to C2C in my opinion.  Noory seems to think he's some kind of paranormal messiah and clearly needs to have the hot air let out of his head.

Art's interest in true science was a useful counterweight to all the paranormal woo-woo.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 07, 2011, 03:56:45 AM
Children International

after learning ten years ago about how much money the red cross makes off of a pint of donated blood, i decided never again to donate money to a mainstream charity of any kind.  the only one that i could make an exception for is st. jude childrens' hospital.  other than that, they're all cut off. 

i think when you give money away, you shouldn't talk about it.  however, for the purpose of making my point, i'll break that rule.  when nabila and i want to (or are able to) give money away, we give it to an extremely poor woman she knows of back in morocco.  her husband is in prison (and will be for a few more years), and she's left taking care of three children on her own, selling bread in the street to "make ends meet" (if you can call it that).  she's been evicted from several places recently, and one of those homes she was evicted from was owned by a sister.  after all, what is family for?  jeeze.  anyway, when i'm able to part with my money, i can think of FAR better places to put it than in the pocket of some monolithic charity that exists primarily for the purpose of supplying its employees with a job and its CEO with an exorbitantly large salary.  screw that.

b_dubb

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on January 09, 2011, 01:15:22 AM
Art's interest in true science was a useful counterweight to all the paranormal woo-woo.

Art's as guilty as anyone.  maybe he had the stones to call a guest on their bullshit but he rarely hesitated to jump to conclusions based on little evidence.  the phrase 'correlation does not equal causation' never being taken into consideration.  two examples: Dames and Hoagland.

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on January 09, 2011, 01:15:22 AM
Exactly and it is what made him unique. Snoory is kind of like the Barney Frank of the airwaves. Slobbering all over himself while trying to feel self-important.

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: Michael V. on January 09, 2011, 03:30:31 AM
i think when you give money away, you shouldn't talk about it.  however, for the purpose of making my point, i'll break that rule.  when nabila and i want to (or are able to) give money away, we give it to an extremely poor woman she knows of back in morocco.  her husband is in prison (and will be for a few more years), and she's left taking care of three children on her own, selling bread in the street to "make ends meet" (if you can call it that).  she's been evicted from several places recently, and one of those homes she was evicted from was owned by a sister.  after all, what is family for?  jeeze.  anyway, when i'm able to part with my money, i can think of FAR better places to put it than in the pocket of some monolithic charity that exists primarily for the purpose of supplying its employees with a job and its CEO with an exorbitantly large salary.  screw that.

Great point. You're right with St. Jude being the exception.

fabucat

Quote from: b_dubb on January 08, 2011, 10:58:46 PM
there's a lot of PT Barnum to what Coast does.  there's currently (1/8/11) a drawing of what looks like a leprechaun on the C2C site depicting what a listener insists is a little man that lives with him and his family in their home.  most would forward this guy to the appropriate mental health professionals.  C2C posts the drawing and description as if it were plausible.  They do something similar every time Steve Quayle comes on the show. 

When C2C starts to ENABLE some of the obviously unstable people who orbit C2C, they become a tool that's actively engaged in dumbing down it's listeners.  The 'soft' science on this show is just sickening.  Noory actively rejecting scholarly figures like Hawking, etc.  Noory couldn't explain scientific theory so he has no business commenting on anything science related.  He can sell CCrane radios and nod his head but that's the extent of his qualifications.

Some of these issues came to a head this weekend.  As you know, a member of Congress was almost murdered and a federal judge WAS murdered.  Someone interviewed a high school classmate of the suspect, who said that the suspect was really into 2012 prophecy.  Another journalist said that what the suspect meant on his website about conscience dreaming was really "conscious dreaming", a Harold Ickes concept.  Some bells and whistles went off in my head.  There's a lot of speculation and blame going on, as you know, as to what set off this murderer.  We just don't know. 

Noory's just another in a long line of people in the media who don't challenge their listeners (or readers or viewers) and who don't challenge their guests.  In that way, they do a disservice to the public.  I'm beginning to wonder....I've got fairly evolved critical thinking facilities, but not everybody does.  Who's to say that some statements by Quayle or Ed Dames that George fails to challenge won't set off some psychotic?  If you're one to take Quayle and Dames at face value, and you think that the world is going to hell very soon, then you're more likely to engage in self-destructive and reckless behavior. 

HAL 9000

Snoory Has a
Big Ereption

His ability to have large "ereptions" while reading the news is unmatched in radio history. Listen to the attached mp3 as evidence.

[attachment deleted by admin]

toxicmop

YES

Which one of you guys called in and said that there was a quantum shift because of a murder...the murder of Coast to Coast AM thanks to George Noory taking the show from Art Bell?

HAHAHAHA! BRILLIANT!

You tied it in so well. Major props.

;D

robey1129

Wow....I was fortunate enough to hear that caller also. Whoever you are out there that did it....thank you. I wish more of that would get through.
But, did you hear Streiber's reply "I think George Noory is doing a better job".
He just blew what ever little bit of credibility he had left with me.

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: toxicmop on January 10, 2011, 02:58:26 AM
YES

Which one of you guys called in and said that there was a quantum shift because of a murder...the murder of Coast to Coast AM thanks to George Noory taking the show from Art Bell?

HAHAHAHA! BRILLIANT!

;D

Holy crap great call, do you recall what hour it was in?

HAL 9000

Extra! Extra!
Listen All About It!

Caller Accuses Snoory of
Murdering C2C!

During the Whltley "NutJob" Strieber hosting night (01/09/2011), a caller noted that due to a  "quantum hyperdyrogic shift" that happened in 2003, C2C was murdered. Listen to the entire call and Strieber's response in the attached mp3:

[attachment deleted by admin]

George Drooly

"La petite mort, French for "the little death", is a metaphor for orgasm."

C2CAM is obviously in the throes of a "Noorgasm" and every time George hosts, the show dies a little more.

tmock00

Quote from: toxicmop on January 10, 2011, 02:58:26 AM
YES

HAHAHAHA! BRILLIANT!

;D

Most excellent! 

MV/Liberace!

i threw up in the back of my throat just a little bit listening to whitley's response to that caller.  i don't care who you are on this forum. if you think whitley is a good host, you are w-r-o-n-g.

props to that caller, and thanks for posting it. 

SOMEONE needs to squeak through and plug this forum on the show.  that would just absolutely blow the lid off of things around here... and the person who manages to do it would be forever lauded as a hero among heroes.  there is someone who sent me a PM recently stating that he is going to be a guest on the show soon with ian.  i begged him to plug this forum at the end of his interview.  it's probably never going to happen, but let's see.

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 10, 2011, 06:21:34 AM
Extra! Extra!
Listen All About It!

Caller Accuses Snoory of
Murdering C2C!

During the Whltley "NutJob" Strieber hosting night (01/09/2011), a caller noted that due to a  "quantum hyperdyrogic shift" that happened in 2003, C2C was murdered. Listen to the entire call and Strieber's response in the attached mp3:

From one audio clip guy to another - GREAT F-ing Post! Love the Merry Melodie Intro and Outro.

Bravo