• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on March 06, 2015, 06:51:15 PM
This one had me gasping when I heard it on record this morning. As usual, no awareness, or correction, of his mistake. Doubly odd, too, because he had jumped on the guest's suggestion that The Beatles could have used the 'Paul is dead' rumours as a late marketing ploy, suggesting they did it as a joke and that their songs were littered with references to it, most of which we never got. Joorch said something like 'Yes, I would say "Go and listen to the lyrics of Number 4, that's full of it"'. I was so puzzled by this, my first reaction was he was confusing Revolution No 9 on the White Album, but then realised he meant track 4 (Oh! Darling, by the way). Not Come Together or Maxwell's Silver Hammer or whatever, just 'Number 4'. Weird on weird.

This and the rest of the Presley nonsense kept reminding me of Lennon's comment in the Playboy interview published posthumously in January 1981 that, for him, Elvis died on the day he joined the army.

We also had 'Well, you know, it's the old saying: the best of times, the worst of times', the second time I've heard him trot that out without so much as a mention of A Tale Of Two Cities.

The best part was the surprised laughter from the guest upon hearing "Abbey Rose" as George blathered on completely unaware.

NoMoreNoory

Tonight.....

In the first half, Zac Bissonnette, a personal finance writer, talks about crowd manipulation, mass delusions, and crazes. Followed by Open Lines.

Tune in next week, when Baz Cassonette, a crowd manipulator, will talk about personal finances.

BattyBrooke

I was wondering why you guys were calling Zak Bagans (sp?) on the Scrader thread a douche, then I saw this:

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on March 06, 2015, 10:38:59 PM
Tonight.....

In the first half, Zac Bissonnette, a personal finance writer, talks about crowd manipulation, mass delusions, and crazes. Followed by Open Lines.

Tune in next week, when Baz Cassonette, a crowd manipulator, will talk about personal finances.

:)
Tonight's guest wrote a book about Beanie Babies
The Great Beanie Baby Bubble: Mass Delusion and the Dark Side of Cute

I have always been interested in collectibles and the price swings they take on ebay so I am looking forward to this show.

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 06, 2015, 11:50:48 PM
:)
Tonight's guest wrote a book about Beanie Babies
The Great Beanie Baby Bubble: Mass Delusion and the Dark Side of Cute

I have always been interested in collectibles and the price swings they take on ebay so I am looking forward to this show.

Jorch:  "Zac, what was your favorite Baby Beanie?  Wasn't there a clown one?  I think I hated that one."

Alright, I think this is going to be a good show. I do predict GN will latch onto some other of the guest's topics and show us why Jorch is regarded as such an idiot.

This author's books sound interesting to me. The Beanie Babies one has some interesting notes as well:
"Beanie Babies were ten percent of eBay's sales in its early days, with an average selling price of $30--six times the retail price."

Here is another book the author wrote:
Good Advice from Bad People: Selected Wisdom from Murderers, Stock Swindlers, and Lance Armstrong
Bestselling author Zac Bissonnette has gathered more than seventy-five jaw-dropping gems, including risk-management advice from the man who triggered the world’s largest hedge fund collapse and tips from gay-prostitute-patronizing pastor Ted Haggard on how to build a marriage that lasts a lifetime.

I'm wondering if Zac is here to trick Jorcho into revealing how to take 10 millions listeners down to 2 million listeners.

Predicting great things for tonight.

HorrorRetro

Dave is sounding rather distracted and testy tonight.  ;D  His short-attention span is being strained by trying to keep up with Art's potential message tonight.

GN: Just described a dog barking in the background as "an amazing story".
He doesn't pay attention to anything at all.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 07, 2015, 12:15:50 AM
Dave is sounding rather distracted and testy tonight.  ;D  His short-attention span is being strained by trying to keep up with Art's potential message tonight.

Upset by Hoaxy's dog barking in the background. Joorch asked 'Is that Robin barking?' Which technically makes Mrs H a bitch, and Joorch a spiteful cat.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 07, 2015, 12:16:41 AM
GN: Just described a dog barking in the background as "an amazing story".
He doesn't pay attention to anything at all.

He also asked if that dog was Hoagland's girlfriend barking at him. What a jackass.  ::)

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 07, 2015, 12:20:13 AM
He also asked if that dog was Hoagland's girlfriend barking at him. What a jackass.  ::)
Quote from: NoMoreNoory on March 07, 2015, 12:20:07 AM
Upset by Hoaxy's dog barking in the background. Joorch asked 'Is that Robin barking?' Which technically makes Mrs H a bitch, and Joorch a spiteful cat.

What an asshole.

Jorch:  "Peter, it must have blown their mind (sic)."

In Jorch's world, everyone has to share the same mind.

He gets to share yours, and you have to share his.

Ugh.

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 07, 2015, 12:30:48 AM
"The dark side of Beanie Babies."

Fuck.

Next, perverted fetishes of Cabbage Patch Kids collectors.

Jorch must be really pissed off at Art tonight.  Now he's playing Ride My See-Saw in retaliation.

BattyBrooke

Noory is ballsy tonight. He's playing Wanna Take a Ride, followed by pushing the Coast Insider subscription. Then, he said they'll be talking about "the darkside of mass delusion" after the break. Hhhmmmm.

Quote from: BattyBrooke on March 07, 2015, 12:39:33 AM
Noory is ballsy tonight. He's playing Wanna Take a Ride, followed by pushing the Coast Insider subscription. Then, he said they'll be talking about "the darkside of mass delusion" after the break. Hhhmmmm.
He must have fired himself up with Pat Boone's In a Metal Mood: No More Mr. Nice Guy

I like how Jorch was snickering in the background at the people who lost their money buying up Beanie Babies.

Here's a man who had a failed restaurant, a failed horse farm, a failed marriage or two -- but finally won the lottery with "Coast-to-Coast AM," a show developed by somebody else.

Yeah, he's a piece of shit.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 07, 2015, 12:36:36 AM
Jorch must be really pissed off at Art tonight.  Now he's playing Ride My See-Saw in retaliation.

Passive-aggressive:  see George Noory.

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 07, 2015, 12:41:24 AM
He must have fired himself up with Pat Boone's In a Metal Mood: No More Mr. Nice Guy

That's a classhik album.   Cue up No More Mr. Nice Guy, Jorch.

No More Mr. Nice Guy

BattyBrooke

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 07, 2015, 12:36:36 AM

I knew I got the title wrong. I just know the line "Wanna Take a Ride" would play right after. Who's voice is that saying that anyway? Kieth?

paladin1991

Quote from: BattyBrooke on March 07, 2015, 12:46:11 AM
I knew I got the title wrong. I just know the line "Wanna Take a Ride" would play right after. Who's voice is that saying that anyway? Kieth?
No, that would be Qweef.

I just went to the Beanie Baby Store website. That is a good product, very cute, reasonable prices (something like $6 each).

paladin1991

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 07, 2015, 12:51:16 AM
I just went to the Beanie Baby Store website. That is a good product, very cute, reasonable prices (something like $6 each).
Gee, I sure hope their server doesn't crash fm all the traffic driven to it by this yawner of a show.

the_peeve

can we talk about bean babies more? sheesh.

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on March 07, 2015, 12:20:07 AM

Did I miss a Hoagland segment  :-\.