• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: ItsOver on April 14, 2014, 11:31:33 AM
... The webmaster seems to be as competent as the rest of Jorch & Co.

I remember George bragging once that it had only taken Lex 2 years to make some minor changes to the web site

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 14, 2014, 11:42:24 AM

I remember George bragging once that it had only taken Lex 2 years to make some minor changes to the web site
Ha,ha,ha, Jorch and Co., the joke that keeps on giving.  The C2C webmaster probably doesn't listen to the show and the clueless management at PremRat probably rarely communicates with him.  An intern or similar no doubt provides him with a routine daily update. Lord knows Jorch wouldn't notice or take action.

It wasn't that long ago I believe it was the Premiere Radio website still had Art listed as a regular C2C host, for more than just SIT.  I wouldn't be surprised if it has yet to updated.  Hell, I'm surprised PremRat even knows about the internet.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on April 14, 2014, 11:53:06 AM
Ha,ha,ha, Jorch and Co., the joke that keeps on giving.  The C2C webmaster probably doesn't listen to the show and the clueless management at PremRat probably rarely communicates with him.  An intern or similar no doubt provides him with a routine daily update. Lord knows Jorch wouldn't notice or take action.

It wasn't that long ago I believe it was the Premiere Radio website still had Art listed as a regular C2C host, for more than just SIT.  I wouldn't be surprised if it has yet to updated.  Hell, I'm surprised PremRat even knows about the internet.
Well, I will give C2C a little bit of credit. They do have a website better than most of their guest, but that aint saying much. My goodness. It is like they designed their websites in 1992 on Geocities using Hotdog and never updated them. Popups. Crazy "cool" graphics and ads everywhere (with often dead links.) Is there a company that designs all the C2C guests webpages? They seem to share links with each other and more importantly with the same advertisers- to crystals, astrological "advice" and more and more water filers and store-able food.

ItsOver

Quote from: RcCle on April 14, 2014, 01:23:52 PM
Hmm.. Somebody's a watchin'...(dead link)
My error with the link. It should work now.  Apparently, among other duties, Art's still guest hosting for Jorch.:))

wr250

Quote from: ItsOver on April 14, 2014, 01:17:19 PM
Ha, of course.
  http://premiereradio.com/shows/view/coast_to_coast_weekends.html

Hey, Art.  Did you know this? ;)   

direct link doesnt work. goto http://premiereradio.com ,hover over talk programs , go down that menu to c2c with art bell /somewhere in time

Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell / Somewhere In Time
Coast to Coast AM continues to be America's most listened to evening and overnight talk radio program. From crop circles to the illuminate, this is late night talk that draws huge ratings for its affiliates. Maximizing your evening and overnight ratings and revenue has never been easier.

After retiring from regular appearances on Coast to Coast AM in July, 2007, Art Bell continues his association with the program he created and made famous. In addition to guest hosting for George Noory, Art will continue to do his famous Ghost to Ghost show on Halloween, the annual New Year's Eve Prediction Show and "Somewhere In Time," which represents the best in classic Art Bell shows and airs every Saturday from 6pm - 10pm Pacific time.

ItsOver

Classhic.  I can't wait for this year's C2C Ghost to Ghost with Art hosting.  Is PremRat going to slip Art into the on-going weekend host try-outs?  I understand he's pretty good. ;)

Mr Bloom

Quote from: wr250 on April 14, 2014, 01:32:16 PM
direct link doesnt work. goto http://premiereradio.com ,hover over talk programs , go down that menu to c2c with art bell /somewhere in time
Direct link works fine for me. Illuminate [sic] haha!

ItsOver

The direct link in my original post has been corrected.  Unlike certain folks, I like to update my internet posts with the correct info.;)  As happy as Art is with PremRat for still running SIT, he must be thrilled to know he's still filling in for Jorch.

Quote from: albrecht on April 13, 2014, 07:31:20 PM
My local AM station runs promos for C2C. But uses John B Wells segments as the advertising promos. Even just today after his being fired for a few months.

I've got that beat, my station still uses the Coast to Coast Live with Ian Punnett promos.

Quote from: Insomniac Missourian on April 14, 2014, 05:56:46 PM
I've got that beat, my station still uses the Coast to Coast Live with Ian Punnett promos.

Ugh!

albrecht

Quote from: Insomniac Missourian on April 14, 2014, 05:56:46 PM
I'm guessing, but only guessing, that these promos are made by the local stations and so they know that almost any host will likely get more potential listeners than promoing using recent shows.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on April 14, 2014, 06:25:55 PM
I'm guessing, but only guessing, that these promos are made by the local stations and so they know that almost any host will likely get more potential listeners than promoing using recent shows.
  Hahaha, I wonder if any local stations are running  promos with Art,  such as for his guest hosting and special Ghost to Ghost and New Year Prediction shows. ;)

I've been somewhat surprised PremRat continues to run SIT. It's like having one big promo every Saturday illustrating how low the current C2C has sunk by comparison.  'Yes, valued listeners, this is how great C2C used be.  Now look at us!"

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on April 14, 2014, 07:22:37 PM
  I've been somewhat surprised PremRat continues to run SIT. It's like having one big promo every Saturday illustrating how low the current C2C has sunk by comparison.  'Yes, valued listeners, this is how great C2C used be.  Now look at us!"

If they were smart they would just run old Art shows. They are already paid for. No need to remodel a LA studio -much less build a new studio in Hawaii. Heck, considering how much the "issues" remain the same I think most people wouldn't even notice. To wit:  I was listening to an old AB circa 94 where he was gleeful on the "Republican Revolution" and now we can investigate Clinton and callers/issues could've been the SAME as today. Replace Clinton with Obama. Replace Gringrich with Cruz and show could run now. Government abuses in the desert, gun control, UFO sightings, "world changes" and global warming/Apocalypse, and Bigfoot (and bigfoot fakers). Even some of the callers sounded almost the same (but better.) And mentions of faxes which would likely perplex some listeners today- but a computer could plug in "text" for every mention of "fax".

wr250

Quote from: albrecht on April 14, 2014, 07:52:20 PM
If they were smart they would just run old Art shows. They are already paid for. No need to remodel a LA studio -much less build a new studio in Hawaii. Heck, considering how much the "issues" remain the same I think most people wouldn't even notice. To wit:  I was listening to an old AB circa 94 where he was gleeful on the "Republican Revolution" and now we can investigate Clinton and callers/issues could've been the SAME as today. Replace Clinton with Obama. Replace Gringrich with Cruz and show could run now. Government abuses in the desert, gun control, UFO sightings, "world changes" and global warming/Apocalypse, and Bigfoot (and bigfoot fakers). Even some of the callers sounded almost the same (but better.) And mentions of faxes which would likely perplex some listeners today- but a computer could plug in "text" for every mention of "fax".

just shows how little has really changed.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on April 14, 2014, 07:52:20 PM
If they were smart they would just run old Art shows...
An excellent point.  Just run SIT seven days a week, with a couple of Sundays set aside every month for Knapp.  No UFO Phil, no Springheel Jack, no Submerging Artists, and, best of all, no Noory. 

Of course, we're discussing an outfit that can't even keep their websites current within a year or so.  Maybe these idiots think Art is still actually on every night and Noory is a bumbling janitor wondering around the studio and Tommy is some fat slob who got tired of hanging-out at Starbucks.

karios8

Fat ass tommy is there because its cheaper to pay him than tear down the front of the building and get him out. 

Quote from: karios8 link=topic=3.msg250417tt][/tt]#msg250417 date=1397548882]
Fat ass tommy is there because its cheaper to pay him than tear down the front of the building and get him out.
Holy shit, that was a good one. Ahaha
Well done

Juan

Radio promos (and commercials) are scheduled by the traffic department.  At every station where I worked, no one in traffic knew what was actually on the promo - they only knew that a promo for Coast (for instance) was supposed to run so many times a day (hour, etc.). As so many stations are actually run by a computer, it's likely been years since anyone actually listened to the promos for content.

Izintit?

Quote from: albrecht on April 14, 2014, 01:18:45 PM
Well, I will give C2C a little bit of credit. They do have a website better than most of their guest, but that aint saying much. My goodness. It is like they designed their websites in 1992 on Geocities using Hotdog and never updated them. Popups. Crazy "cool" graphics and ads everywhere (with often dead links.) Is there a company that designs all the C2C guests webpages? They seem to share links with each other and more importantly with the same advertisers- to crystals, astrological "advice" and more and more water filers and store-able food.
I wonder what percent of today s C2C audience has access to the website. It seems like alot of the callers state they don`t have a computer,etc. PremRat has got to love that because everyone knows that with a quick google search you can find a much better deal than the offers from a radio ad. When you hear alot of PSA`s and questionable ads for strip clubs you know radio as a medium is hurting. GNS like an old Hoover

ItsOver

Quote from: karios8 on April 15, 2014, 02:01:22 AM
Ha, and Jorch is still there because he can't figure out how to get out and Tommy's too busy scarfing down stale doughnuts to help him out.  Well, except on skip-out Fridays, when Jorch has to rush home to his Sleep Number bed with his turkey sandwich and itch cream in hand, anticipating OD'ing on turmeric.

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on April 15, 2014, 05:45:22 AM
Radio promos (and commercials) are scheduled by the traffic department.  At every station where I worked, no one in traffic knew what was actually on the promo - they only knew that a promo for Coast (for instance) was supposed to run so many times a day (hour, etc.). As so many stations are actually run by a computer, it's likely been years since anyone actually listened to the promos for content.
It certainly seems as if it's been years since anybody at PremRat listened to C2C for content.

El Kragen

Good news for George. I see frequent C2C guest Michael Ruppert has passed away ("suicide"). That means an early Friday for Snoory. "Cue up the tape Tommy, We're outta here!"

RcCle

Quote from: El Kragen on April 15, 2014, 12:20:35 PM
Good news for George. I see frequent C2C guest Michael Ruppert has passed away ("suicide"). That means an early Friday for Snoory. "Cue up the tape Tommy, We're outta here!"

Was this the same guy who told JBW, "I will NEVER kill myself and if something like that happens, then you will know the truth"?

Foodlion

Michael Ruppert was on a podcast a few hours before he committed suicide. I believe it was taken down, but if anyone can find it please provide a link.

Gd5150

Quote from: RcCle on April 15, 2014, 12:38:43 PM
Was this the same guy who told JBW, "I will NEVER kill myself and if something like that happens, then you will know the truth"?

Thats very interesting and quite common these days. Would be interesting to hear JBW take on it.

Gd5150

Quote from: Juan on April 15, 2014, 05:45:22 AMAs so many stations are actually run by a computer, it's likely been years since anyone actually listened to the promos for content.

And we wonder why there are no jobs left in this "booming recovery". We could wipe out 90% of the world and we'd lose nothing.

albrecht

Quote from: Foodlion on April 15, 2014, 12:49:04 PM
Michael Ruppert was on a podcast a few hours before he committed suicide. I believe it was taken down, but if anyone can find it please provide a link.
RIP. I'll be curious to see the details (if they ever are released.) So many muck-raking journalists and/or conspiracy theorists die by suicide or "suicide" or "accident". Danny Casolaro, Gary Webb, Hunter Thompson, Michael Hastings, Phillip Marshall......

Izintit?

Quote from: Gd5150 on April 15, 2014, 12:57:59 PM
And we wonder why there are no jobs left in this "booming recovery". We could wipe out 90% of the world and we'd lose nothing.
Too late to cry about that now.You all voted for him. When he mentioned `shovel ready` jobs you should have known those were jobs he was gonna kill and bury. GN proving the Peter Principle like you-know-who