• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Catsmile

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 20, 2013, 11:59:54 PM
It's no different than Art during the day. He had god knows how many shows on mad cow disease complete with predictions on how it was going to spread and we'd be dealing with mad fish disease, mad deer disease, and all food, even plants, could become unsafe and we'd have an uber-epidemic by now. Well, here we are in the future, and it didn't happen.

Lyme disease, however, is a provable problem. It's not alarmist. It's real.

So you tell me, which is a better show? An actual, demonstrable, present problem? Or an alarmist problem that didn't pan out?

I maintain my point that you guys remember a "Best of Art Bell" grass is greener memory rather than how the show was night to night in the 90's. Yeah, George doesn't do interviews as good. Yeah, George (or more likely his people) pick rather crappy guests, but on the other hand a lot of Art's good guests are dead and he might not be able to deliver like he used to.

It doesn't bode well. Look at Wells, he's a whole lot closer to Art than George is. You've all, by and large (I stress this again as to not paint everyone here with the same brush) turned on him. Well, ok, but what happens when reality makes Art less than he was in 1995? I am excited as all get out about Art's return, but I think we make more of Art than he was, and less of George than he is.

Yes because Prion diseases or transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (TSEs) is just some made up stuff, that didn't pan out. (TSEs) are a family of rare progressive neurodegenerative disorders that affect both humans and animals. They are distinguished by long incubation periods. So please tell me again how that show didn't pan out? Hope ur a better at SciFi writing than Noorie is at his job, somehow I'm not getting that vibe.

SciFi writer that doesn't know about prions? ???

Catsmile

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 21, 2013, 12:00:44 AM
So like, one big one, or a bunch of regular size?

They all paid him the .05 like he asked for.

George Noory

Hey, forget about Fukushima and the 3 in-progress China Syndromes and the plan to move tons of spent fuel rods that could go critical with the slightest mistake by those Tepco fuck-ups and kill all of us.

I'm doin' a show about TICKS!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 21, 2013, 12:05:43 AM
I am not comparing George to Art....I am literally just listening to his show.

That's the thing, you can't think that the reason people aren't happy with George is because he isn't Art
(and George you have said this numerous times and it seems like an excuse at this point buddy)

It's because it's not entertaining.

Simple as that. Can nit pick and point out specifics but I boiled it down to that one sentence.

I tried listening tonight, I did and George sounded good up until the guest came on....then I could barely stand it, I had to turn it off.

And if the guest sucks George then their is one of two problems happening, either your producers aren't doing a good enough job with the pre-interview and making sure it will be interesting....OR your questions and interactions aren't making it entertaining. Yes, some guests just plain suck, fact is if that happens you can handle however you see fit, but that's not happening with every guest.

If you want entertaining, watch a movie. I want alternative news, new things to think about that aren't in the mainstream media, and an exploration of the unknown. I'm not here for entertaining presentation, and wasn't in 1995. Look, if you want fairy stories, I can give you tons of places to find that. Someone that can make bullshit sound good isn't my thing. What I want to hear about is news of the weird shit that happens in the world and George could do better on that count. But it is a solvable problem.

Do you want reality or a weaving of a web of fantasy? I don't mean that directed specifically at you, it's a general question. Do you want Orson Welles talking about Martians landing in as entertaining a way as possible, or do you want alternative news reported as facts?

ItsOver

Quote from: (Not) George Noory on August 20, 2013, 11:57:31 PM
No, I'm not. I made $564.05 sucking dick last weekend.

I'm just glad to see you're working on something honest to start getting your self-respect back.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Catsmile on August 21, 2013, 12:14:10 AM
Yes because Prion diseases or transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (TSEs) is just some made up stuff, that didn't pan out. (TSEs) are a family of rare progressive neurodegenerative disorders that affect both humans and animals. They are distinguished by long incubation periods. So please tell me again how that show didn't pan out? Hope ur a better at SciFi writing than Noorie is at his job, somehow I'm not getting that vibe.

SciFi writer that doesn't know about prions? ???

You need to go back and listen to some shows. Don't bullshit us, that was made out to be the strong potential to be end of the freaking world under Art's tenure. Well, here we are, 15 years later, and it wasn't the end of the world. It's not even a blip on the radar now, it remains a VERY rare disease. Don't bullshit me, be fucking honest and say it did not happen as the show presented it at the time.

You guys have a ridiculously idealized view of the show during those days.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 21, 2013, 12:18:11 AM
If you want entertaining, watch a movie. I want alternative news, new things to think about that aren't in the mainstream media, and an exploration of the unknown. I'm not here for entertaining presentation, and wasn't in 1995. Look, if you want fairy stories, I can give you tons of places to find that. Someone that can make bullshit sound good isn't my thing. What I want to hear about is news of the weird shit that happens in the world and George could do better on that count. But it is a solvable problem.

Do you want reality or a weaving of a web of fantasy? I don't mean that directed specifically at you, it's a general question. Do you want Orson Welles talking about Martians landing in as entertaining a way as possible, or do you want alternative news reported as facts?

Listen, you seem nice enough and I get your points but ya know what we couldn't be more opposite in how we think. Maybe it's the form of communication but entertaining does not mean fake, lies, or fantasy.

Coast to coast was NEVER. A straight alternative news show. If you want that go to dailygrail.com. Etc. you can read those stories your self.

It's about presentation, craft, building an atmosphere, it's about taking a ride.

Catsmile

Entertainment is okay.
Quacks as facts SUCKS.
That is all.

Xtreme1

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 21, 2013, 12:24:42 AM
Listen, you seem nice enough and I get your points but ya know what we couldn't be more opposite in how we think. Maybe it's the form of communication but entertaining does not mean fake, lies, or fantasy.

Coast to coast was NEVER. A straight alternative news show. If you want that go to dailygrail.com. Etc. you can read those stories your self.

It's about presentation, craft, building an atmosphere, it's about taking a ride.

X2

aldousburbank

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 21, 2013, 12:18:11 AM
Do you want Orson Welles talking about Martians landing in as entertaining a way as possible, or do you want alternative news reported as facts?
Ok, i'll bite. What's the diff?  And have you actually consumed any "news" recently that does not in every way have the semblence of fictionotainment?

Xtreme1

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 21, 2013, 12:26:52 AM
Ok, i'll bite. What's the diff?  And have you actually consumed any "news" recently that does not in every way have the semblence of fictionotainment?

You just created a new word, my man!! Good Job!

aldousburbank

O my freekin gawd stop with the tick vexation already!!!

George Noory

Quote from: ItsOver on August 21, 2013, 12:21:05 AM
I'm just glad to see you're working on something honest to start getting your self-respect back.

Thanks, buddy. Having you in my corner is a big plus. I think the secret to my success are my rhine-stoned assless chaps. They sparkle when the headlights hit them. That and the big sign around my neck that says, "Blowjobs for a nickel".

onan

Let's be honest. Art could pander with the best of em. Art, however, made it a linear conversation. Even when Art was abrupt, it made sense. George of three years ago lacked that ability.

George's style of communication is grating on many that listen to him. Probably the vast majority of forum members would agree. That would certainly be enough to qualify for a statistical analysis.

If you think George doesn't suck... this very likely isn't your forum. And although always welcome... well it is your time... good luck.

ItsOver

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 21, 2013, 12:26:52 AM

Hahaha...and with Jorch, we have "suckisnotainment."

MV/Liberace!

i'm fucking 8 pages behind.  fucking fuck.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 21, 2013, 12:24:42 AM

I don't want to piss you off. You're engaging me, and we actually had some success talking with George tonight. Success, the guy answered our questions here, as asked, as I thought he would if we approached him under certain auspices. But look at the flow of negativity that happened while we were doing that. It was 75% baseless bullshit, once again. That didn't annoy you?

Yeah, it's about taking a ride, but don't forget it's entertainment. Look at the posts, people apply a different standard to Art, from a grass is greener perspective, and judge Noory on a different set of rules than they judge Art. Well, come on, that's bullshit. Isn't it?

Xtreme1

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 21, 2013, 12:23:19 AM
You need to go back and listen to some shows. Don't bullshit us, that was made out to be the strong potential to be end of the freaking world under Art's tenure. Well, here we are, 15 years later, and it wasn't the end of the world. It's not even a blip on the radar now, it remains a VERY rare disease. Don't bullshit me, be fucking honest and say it did not happen as the show presented it at the time.

Kinda losing your cool there, eh?? Why, because they won't cow-tow to your opinions/viewpoints?

Quote from: WhosURmama on August 20, 2013, 11:30:25 PM
...  I'm getting a little nauseous here.

Yes, it is. 

How about the 'SciFiWriter'.  According to him, George wants our input, doesn't want to suck anymore, and we've blown a great opportunity if only we'd been nice and engaged George. 

Never mind that none of it is true.  Never mind that people did engage George, were civil, asked honest questions, and gave him honest criticism.  Never mind that anything that addressed George's show performance was ignored.  And never mind a clear record of posts exists that dispute SciFi's claims.

No, poor George wasn't given a fair shake.

In a true troll performance, SciFi then goes on to tell us - out of the blue, having nothing to do with anything - "the vehement Noory haters here will be over there hating on Art within six months"

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 20, 2013, 10:55:16 AM
... When the old Art hating boards show back up, of which there used to be many, I'm guessing that the vehement Noory haters here will be over there hating on Art within six months...

That's all fine of course - not troll behavior at all.  What WAS beyond the pale was the 'veiled ad hominem' of 'the Tommy accusation'.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 20, 2013, 10:38:13 PM
It's also a tag used by internet posters in forums as a canned veiled ad hominem and as a marginalization technique. That's what that was, as was the Tommy accusation. It had little to do with what I actually said.

No one said George wouldn't answer any questions, just the ones that related to his terrible performance.  Finally tonight George throws a crumb and admits he loses interest in the show sometimes.  Not every freakin' night, just sometimes.  And of course even then it's not his fault - he has 'ADHD', the quests are 'chipper during the day but dead at night', and they 'wander all over the place' (it wouldn't be because George is a lousy host, is just reading cue card questions, and the interviews have no discernible flow, could it?).

And when he finally does decide to answer a question about his performance, who served it up to him?  Our friend SciFi of course.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 20, 2013, 10:17:47 PM
Alright George... Here's my question: What do you believe your weaknesses as a broadcaster are?...

This sure looks like a concerted effort to me, a PremRat operation with George and one of his minions.  The good news is it's entertaining and takes us one day closer to Art's new show.

WhosURmama

I had to log back in for this one.  WTF DO U THINK YOU ARE TALKING TO? I personally NEVER missed a c2c show with Bell.  You have got a hell of a big mouth and you've not shut it for pages.  GTF outta town.

ItsOver

Quote from: (Not) George Noory on August 21, 2013, 12:30:35 AM
Thanks, buddy. Having you in my corner is a big plus. I think the secret to my success are my rhine-stoned assless chaps. They sparkle when the headlights hit them. That and the big sign around my neck that says, "Blowjobs for a nickel".

Glad to be there for you, Jorch.  Keep on sucking and blowing! I think you've found "your special purpose" in life.  ItsOver and out.

George Noory

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 21, 2013, 12:34:38 AM
I don't want to piss you off. You're engaging me, and we actually had some success talking with George tonight. Success, the guy answered our questions here, as asked, as I thought he would if we approached him under certain auspices. But look at the flow of negativity that happened while we were doing that. It was 75% baseless bullshit, once again. That didn't annoy you?

Yeah, it's about taking a ride, but don't forget it's entertainment. Look at the posts, people apply a different standard to Art, from a grass is greener perspective, and judge Noory on a different set of rules than they judge Art. Well, come on, that's bullshit. Isn't it?

Thanks for trying to defend me, SciFiAuthor, but they're right. The truth is that I am just a low I.Q., sneaky, clueless asshole who has come here after all this time to bullshit these people. And it has worked on the noobs and dummies.

I mean, look at what I am doing tonight. A show on ticks, for Christ sake.

George Noory

Quote from: ItsOver on August 21, 2013, 12:36:37 AM
Glad to be there for you, Jorch.  Keep on sucking and blowing! I think you've found "your special purpose" in life.  ItsOver and out.

Okeedokee

onan

Actually CJD and lyme's disease are both very concerning illnesses. Because they aren't blips on the radar has little relevance to that fact. When Art was talking about "the mad cow" (love Denny Crane) it was a major story in the news.

You would do better to keep the argument in the general rather than the specific. You would do even better to realize you have made your point. You would do even more better to realize no one wins an internet argument.

Catsmile

Prion diseases or transmissible spongiform encephalopathies is real, that was my point, not made up like you implied.
How do we know how bad it is? Those who could have TSE may be misdiagnosed as, ALS or Alzheimer's disease. Prions can incubate well over 20 years, some prions can withstand up to 500°F without harm as it's not a living thing.
If you were a good SciFi writer you would already know this though. And wouldn't just blow it off as well 15 years have past and nothing happened.

Also, Art Bell was no god, but compared to Norrie tho... don't really see anyone praising Art on this thread. Art had his faults no doubt, If he had something on I didn't like off went the radio.
Most things on C2C I don't take as real under Art or Noorie.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 20, 2013, 10:38:13 PM
It's also a tag used by internet posters in forums as a canned veiled ad hominem and as a marginalization technique. That's what that was, as was the Tommy accusation. It had little to do with what I actually said.

even i have been accused of being "tommy."  don't feel bad.

WhosURmama

Quote from: MV on August 21, 2013, 12:43:37 AM
heh heh, i'm starting to like this guy.
Yeah nothin like a diet of dogs pizza rolls and Tumeric when you take your vitamins.