• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Black Hole

I think a lot of disgust for Noory is interlaced with missing Art Bell so much.  At least 12 years ago he was still popping in and out and putting up with Noory became the price to pay to get to Art and his night or his occassional filling in and that made it palatable.

Noory got worse and worse and Art disappeared finally for good and all of that really flamed the fire IMO.

George49

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on August 10, 2013, 02:08:15 PM
Noory went over the top at the end of the show when he read his thank you list and added with emphasis, "the father, Art Bell" 

So basically Noory turned on Art then in a stunning twist was his supporter again. Now that's mind boggling.

Siamesemama1

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on August 11, 2013, 12:21:18 AM
Many people felt the same way before Noory crossed one of their private lines in some way. For me, it was the many "dead baby stories" and demon references. They combined with the failed ouija board experiment to put me over the edge (so to speak). At least one law enforcement officer posts here. He said that he detected verbal tells and vocal tics when he conducted criminal interviews and polygraph tests. He said that he caught these kinds of revelatory vocalizations when he heard Noory. I bet that our police friend could have a field day with Noory's nod to Art's new program. Of course, I might just be a cynical jerk.
Thank you for nailing it:  Noory crossed private lines, and he probably won't ever 'get it'.  I'll be honest, I felt like a damn fool yelling back at the radio!  Welcome home (back to radio) ART!!   ;)

karios8

Quote from: George49 on August 11, 2013, 01:18:29 AM
So basically Noory turned on Art then in a stunning twist was his supporter again. Now that's mind boggling.

He is a parrot of the corporate mouthpiece.  He revealed his insecurities when he was thinking for himself and snapped on batemans call. The suits bent him over their knee and told him he thinks what they tell him to think and he better come up with something to defuse the brewing shit storm of angry bell fans.

popple

Come Sept, outside of Art's big reveal of what has been going on, I really don't want to hear about current C2C or Noory on Dark Matter. Which is why I hope Art says all he needs to say within the 1st show, then says that's the last we're speaking of it. So we can all be focused and move forward with a clean new show. We can't waste precious airtime bitching to Art about Noory & I'm sure he'll find it pretty unproductive. However, if Art and his new show are still being brought up by callers/guests over at C2C, that's just fine with me  ;D

castimout

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on August 11, 2013, 12:21:18 AM
Many people felt the same way before Noory crossed one of their private lines in some way. For me, it was the many "dead baby stories" and demon references. They combined with the failed ouija board experiment to put me over the edge (so to speak). At least one law enforcement officer posts here. He said that he detected verbal tells and vocal tics when he conducted criminal interviews and polygraph tests. He said that he caught these kinds of revelatory vocalizations when he heard Noory. I bet that our police friend could have a field day with Noory's nod to Art's new program. Of course, I might just be a cynical jerk.

I noticed his use of the word culpable twice in a week not long after Art's announced return.  Last week the word constable.  (If spelled wrong,) all the references caused me to wonder who he'd been talking law to that day?  I have heard him talk and use phrases like Bill O'Reily, Rush, and others and just knew who he'd been listening to

that day.------show prep, you know.  Yeah he pretty much gives himself away with the words he
uses.  Does he have his Sirius all set up yet?  I suspect he has been listening to Art a lot more lately. 
He's really good at "copying", "coasting" and "coining".
Thanks for the help getting an avatar one day soon.

karios8

Also, my private line was eliminating first hour open lines and the absolute trash calls that make it through 90% of friday open lines. Oh and 2011 & 2012 ghost to ghost with I Suck Noory were pathetic.

Of course i dealt with it in denial until i stumbled across coastgab bellgab

Spinner

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on August 11, 2013, 01:14:09 AM
If no one posts a clip, you can hear the segment on You Tube. It's towards the end of the show.
Thanks for the tip. I don't think I could bear to have to listen to the whole show. A few minutes won't hurt too much (I hope).  Whew!

And I've been reading from several pages back, and found out that bateman did it again. Hopefully, maxwell posted a clip.
Way to go, bateman!

crockasocks

Quote from: Spinner on August 11, 2013, 01:05:04 AM
Guess I'm a bit late to the party, but I just now found out that Dave mentioned Art on Friday's show. I wish I had heard it, but I never listen to his Friday shows because his version of open lines suck. And I didn't catch up with yesterday's posts here, so I had no idea.

Now I need to spend some time catching up on the posts to find out what exactly happened.
Is there an audio clip?

This was posted earlier.

MV/Liberace!

i waited a full day to look at the analytics numbers after george's shout out to coastgab.  not only was there ZERO bump from his on air mention, we actually were a little down for the day, hahahaha. 

man.

Tinfoil Hat

Quote from: MV on August 11, 2013, 02:02:41 AM
i waited a full day to look at the analytics numbers after george's shout out to coastgab.  not only was there ZERO bump from his on air mention, we actually were a little down for the day, hahahaha. 

man.

I bet the analytics are similar for turmeric and Carnivora too.

ziznak

nobody cares M...
but we dooooo
I found out that Snoorey mentioned Art through Art's FB page... I'm sure his update is posted here somewhere but when I read it today I almost died.  Then to read that Jorch mentioned Art.... now I'm listening through last nights drivvlefest.... cause i wanna hear the Art mention of course... but yeah... a CG mention from snoore's on the AIR???

almost shit myself

onan

No one here when George Noory started disliked him for his personality or his lack of communication skills. But it wasn't all that long before George started to present traits that were bothersome. Be it his lack of attention to guests, his inability to understand the subjects being discussed, his penchant to personally identify with subjects that are not connected... the list goes on and on. At some point in the first couple years of George Noory his "persona" became tiresome, annoying, and many times insulting to those listening.

I am sure in the early years there were many of us that were just unhappy that Art left. I am sure that George Noory, in many ways, certainly at first look, is a nice guy. I do think his statement about Art coming back, no matter what the motive, did take the high road.

This thread and some splinter threads have been, if taken literally, have been much more than harsh. I don't think anyone wishes George Noory any actual harm, well more than laryngitis.

Whether Art decides to share "insider" information or not... I am not sure I care to know. Don't get me wrong, if Art starts to share that information, I will be listening. I know what c2c has become isn't what I am interested in. I wish it hadn't taken so long for Art to return. But now that he has, I am in.

I am sure George Noory is a nice guy, in some way to some people. But as a radio talk show interviewer... Dave sucks.

Someone posted a night or two ago about how an applicant for this (I honestly don't know what to call it other than the Norrie welfare program, since i know not the official name). Anyhow, poster went on to how caller was telling Jeorge that he hadn't received his check yet, then seemingly mentioned "you're a liar" before being cut off the air. Since I don't listen, did anyone else hear this and timestamp please for yootube purposes.  :)

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Siamesemama1 on August 11, 2013, 01:28:58 AM
Thank you for nailing it:  Noory crossed private lines, and he probably won't ever 'get it'.  I'll be honest, I felt like a damn fool yelling back at the radio!  Welcome home (back to radio) ART!!   ;)

Don't feel too bad. Our dog thinks that I'm a nut. "I'm left alone with this crazy ape, laughing and yelling at a black box." It's like MST3K here. 

popple

Quote from: MV on August 11, 2013, 02:02:41 AM

man.

Most people probably couldn't catch what he was saying with that mush mouth of his. But we have specially trained ears and could easily pick it out.

Tinfoil Hat

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on August 10, 2013, 06:50:53 PM
"Heartwarming" is not a synonym for "heartbreaking", and George needs to learn the difference. Last night, he mentioned some of the sad and tragic tales that he received from his fans who were down on their luck like "poor Al Bielek" before he passed. He said that these tales of woe were "heartwarming". It wasn't the first time that he misused the word.

Well, if one's a petty, small, ignorant, ugly person, then perhaps stories about others' misfortune are indeed heartwarming.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: castimout on August 11, 2013, 01:36:45 AM
I have heard him talk and use phrases like Bill O'Reily, Rush, and others and just knew who he'd been listening to that day.------show prep, you know.

It's like how he gets his news stories from the Drudge Report. By the time he reads them, they're old news to most listeners.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: karios8 on August 11, 2013, 01:37:29 AM
Also, my private line was eliminating first hour open lines and the absolute trash calls that make it through 90% of friday open lines. Oh and 2011 & 2012 ghost to ghost with I Suck Noory were pathetic.

Friday night open lines are the worst! You have to take Prozac after two calls. The Halloween show was suitable for fourth-graders. You could just picture the orange cupcakes and grape drink.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Tinfoil Hat on August 11, 2013, 02:27:50 AM
Well, if one's a petty, small, ignorant, ugly person, then perhaps stories about others' misfortune are indeed heartwarming.

There's a sense of schadenfreude in the air when he reads some heartbreaking articles, usually involving youth. Maybe he really did think that "Old Yeller" (he called it "Old Yellow") was heartwarming (he actually said this).

qaddisin

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on August 11, 2013, 02:35:12 AM
Friday night open lines are the worst! You have to take Prozac after two calls. The Halloween show was suitable for fourth-graders. You could just picture the orange cupcakes and grape drink.

As bad as his Ghost to Ghost's have been, it doesn't beat his Christmas "shpeshals". Going live to the North Pole to interview Santa Claus.

It's proof of what Dave really thinks about his audience: that they have the intellectual capability of 2nd graders.

George Drooly

Quote from: Roy Hinkley on August 10, 2013, 07:27:18 PMIf I recall he has "fudged" his claim too from "Intelligence" to "Communications" - I highly doubt he was in Intelligence.

Nor is it in him.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: qaddisin on August 11, 2013, 03:08:32 AM
As bad as his Ghost to Ghost's have been, it doesn't beat his Christmas "shpeshals". Going live to the North Pole to interview Santa Claus.

It's proof of what Dave really thinks about his audience: that they have the intellectual capability of 2nd graders.

You're right. That Christmas special was childish and embarrassing. That's when I stopped listening for a long time. I heard my first Noory-hosted Coasts of 2013 this week. It seems like his target audiences are in grade schools and nursing homes. You expect to hear the ghost of Burl Ives narrate "The Night Before Christmas". You get why so many shows are angel-centric when you hear the callers. They likely have their angel Hummel figures next to their clappers.

George Drooly

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on August 11, 2013, 02:20:58 AM
Someone posted a night or two ago about how an applicant for this (I honestly don't know what to call it other than the Norrie welfare program, since i know not the official name). Anyhow, poster went on to how caller was telling Jeorge that he hadn't received his check yet, then seemingly mentioned "you're a liar" before being cut off the air. Since I don't listen, did anyone else hear this and timestamp please for yootube purposes.  :)

Is English a second language for you? ("Is that you, Dave? Is this me?")

SultanDrops

Are any of bateman's calls archived anywhere? I haven't listened to sNoory in like over five years, and I need to hear these.

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on August 11, 2013, 02:20:58 AM

I was the one who posted about that yesterday, but I just went back to find the original mention of that call on Coast Gab.

Quote from: ShayP on April 06, 2013, 03:41:12 PM
Hey....did any of you hear the guy who has the heart problem?  He called a week or so ago and I do remember that particular call.  During that call, he talked about having a failing heart and not being put on a transplant list.  Noory said that he would give his info to Christian Wilde with the possibility of getting stem cell treatment.  WELL THEN...he calls last night and goes through the ropes with Noory.  Georgie states that he sent the info to Christian Wilde and hasn't heard back.  Noory also states that he will get in touch again.  As Noory attempts to bump the caller to the next one, you can clearly hear..."You are a liar."  Then you hear the new caller chime in immediately. Yes, this was from the guy with the (alleged) heart problem.  It should be noted that this guy called earlier in the 'open lines' program.  Noory NEVER noticed.  Wow.  :-\

I suppose it was probably on the night before that was posted.

edit:  April 5 2013 2:13:02 on youtube. 

Listening to it again it's pretty difficult to tell whether the caller is saying 'you lied to me', or 'they lied to me', continuing his story about how the doctors may have lied about him being on a heart transplant list.  We may have gotten that one wrong.

Pablo Smash

Quote from: SultanDrops on August 11, 2013, 04:02:01 AM
Are any of bateman's calls archived anywhere? I haven't listened to sNoory in like over five years, and I need to hear these.

They can all be found here http://bit.ly/1bYLjWs

We keep hearing about this long term contract George has.  Can any radio industry insiders tell us whether these contracts are like those in he NFL - only good until the player is cut, or would they have to keep paying him or buy the contract out if the show is canceled?

elbee

"Thank God he didnt want to come back to this show - THAT would have been a PROBLEM for him"

Can anyone explain this jibe from Noory!?