• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: Scully on January 07, 2013, 04:07:20 AM
Thanks to Morgus and his assistants for giving a blow-by-blow description (no pun intended) of the action that I HAD to know about, but could NOT bear to listen to tonight. You should all be given medals for courage.  :-*

Absolutely.  Anybody who could tolerate what everybody knew was going to be a beyond-belief-crapfest deserves a commendation.  I'd like to nominate them for the Pizza Roll Medal of Honor.

Jasmine

Quote from: HorrorRetro on January 07, 2013, 11:47:02 AM
It's narcissism.  Noory is a very mean-spirited man.  You can tell he gets off when he hears stories about people not being able to find a job, being homeless, etc.  It props up his ego.  I think we all know someone in real life who fits this description.  They only associate with people who are beneath them, because it makes them feel better about themselves.  This is also why he frequently goes on and on about his supposed charitable deeds.  He doesn't care if it embarrasses the recipient; he just cares that it makes him look good  -- at least he thinks it makes him look good.  The rest of us see him for what he really is.

Well said. I couldn't agree more. It truly annoys me and turns my stomach when pseudo altruistic individuals shout their selfless charitable deeds from the rooftops, which is highly indicative of a person who is out for themselves and who stroke their image to appease themselves. True and sincere individuals who work with or support charitable organizations keep their work and achievements where they belong - under wraps.

Recently I read somewhere that only 11% (approximate figure) of humans are capable of introspection. At first I thought this figure to be too low, but on on reflection feel it's most likely correct. George Noory certainly can be placed in the 11% bracket.

On another tangent, I was vaguely listening to a repeat Noory show last night. He and the guest (forget his name) were discussing the pros and cons of social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and advances in cell phone capabilities. What pulled me out of my quasi-slumber state was when Noory made the statement (more or less in these words) "Technology has pushed us to the brink of intelligence!"

Oooookaaaay.

Given the fact George finally mastered the fine art of copying and pasting emails a while back, one can surmise he has reached his intellectual zenith.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Meegle on January 07, 2013, 01:20:50 AM
This 10 year anniversary makes me realize how lucky I feel on Sunday nights when George is not usually on.
He is the same mush mouth that he was 10 years ago and the more I listen to more I remember why I just hate him as a host.
Now to some Open Lines...

hey, meegle.  been a long time since i've seen you around.  hope all is well.  i miss your show rundowns.

lonevoice

Quote from: Maxwell on January 07, 2013, 05:44:35 AM
"The beat of an eye or the click of an eye."  What the hell is wrong with this man?

valdez

Quote from: Morgus on January 07, 2013, 02:53:58 AM
More asskissing ...Dannion Brinkley now.......Brooks Agnew with a hollow earth update?...all the callers are Noory ass-kissers...whitley finally calls in now...Knapp and Simone...now its john wells...Hoagland...
Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 07, 2013, 10:29:20 AM
There is something seriously wrong with George Noory.
Quote from: HorrorRetro on January 07, 2013, 11:47:02 AM
...narcissism...
Quote from: ItsOver on January 07, 2013, 12:09:16 PM
...a beyond-belief-crapfest...
Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 07, 2013, 06:23:17 AM
It's Noory's big day. Congrats George on somehow, someway, making it on the air for ten years despite all of this. You beat us ....

A few things that struck me.  1.  Why did he bother to have Helaine Olen, or any guest on?  It was all about him.  2.  He kept his enthusiasm up through the whole show.  Normally he peaks during his "Good morning, good evening" spiel and its down hill from there.  3.  Using Martin Luther King Jr's "mountain top" imagedry in referring to his success was odd.  4.  No Art Bell.  George would have given up twenty affiliates, a thousand coast insider subscriptions, and Tom's head on a platter with cheese for that.  5.  LMH gets paid?  This surprises me in that she has occasionally pointed out his idiocy and inattentiveness on the air.  Good for her.  6.  Yes,  George has won.  10 years of mediocrity.  As Clint Eastwood said in one of his best films: "deserves got nothing to do with it."
     Enjoy your vacation, George.

a bizarro universe indeed

astroguy

Can someone tell me roughly when Agnew came on? I really don't want to listen to the whole thing, but I'm trying to keep track of Agnew's stuff.

Morgus

Quote from: astroguy on January 07, 2013, 02:20:56 PM
Can someone tell me roughly when Agnew came on? I really don't want to listen to the whole thing, but I'm trying to keep track of Agnew's stuff.
I believe Brooks Agnew (hollow earth guy) called in late in the 3rd hour.

imagine

I am convinced Noory was hired because he accepted an extremely low salary which no other talk show host would even consider.  And that his contract is renewed because his raises are merely pittances.  Premrad has convinced him from the beginning of his importance as the voice of night time talk and importance is what George craves more than anything else.  He isn't smart enough to realize he's become a laughing stock.
On a lighter note...my favorite Norry blunder was some time ago when he was allegedly interviewing Edgar Mitchell and referred to him throughout the entire program as...astronaut Mitchell this and astronaut Mitchell that.  Seemingly the only person not humiliated was Noory himself.  His low IQ insulates him.

Rico999

Boy, I tell you -- everyone (almost!) seems to love George.  The boss lady at PremRat sure seems to like him anyway.  I shut off the radio and got into a book before she was done slobbering over him....

The "Greenland glaciers in Antarctica" comment opening the show pretty much wrapped up the Snoron's tenure for me though. 

The thing is, though -- and ya gotta hand it to him in a way --  is that it's highly likely Georgie has been doing schtick all these years.   You know, passing himself off as a "nice" guy, when in reality he's an insecure power/control freak.   

But then here in the US, we're used to mediocrity among those in power, aren't we?  A guy like George fits right in.

Which kind of explains all the ass-kissing and (pseudo?) popularity he evidently enjoys. 

Glad to see Art wasn't on the list of callers.  Speaking of Art, I remember when he was "retiring" back some years ago, he was adamant about not making a big deal out of his career on Coast.   In Art's mind, the show was never about him, but about his guests and callers.   The reality was that it was because of Art's presence, the show became the great program what it once was. 

Compare that with George's coronation party of guest after guest and callers genuflecting to him on last night's show.  He loved it.  It spoke volumes about the difference between Art and George -- and why all these "hater" forums exist.

What the hell.  As they say, "it is what it is..."

RJ

I did not tune in to 12-21-12, the Sad Santa interview or the big Ten -O- "celebration".  From what I read here, one show follows the other into the depths of worsedom.  Just wondering if the master of interview destruction can continue down Mel's Hole till he hits bottom or has he gone as far as he can?  Hey, everybody should be good at something and George seems to be at his best when he's destroying Coast to Coast.   Coast to Toast in ten years, yippee!!!!!  NOT

BobGrau

Dear lord, I'm fifteen pages behind on this thread.  :o

I'm guessing noory still sucks though.

b_dubb

Quote from: BobGrau on January 07, 2013, 06:46:05 PM

*** SPOILER ALERT ****

the pizza roll wins

ItsOver

Of course.  I think Kaku has proved it is one of the laws of physics.  For example, you have the law of gravity, with two particles attracting each other.  Then you have the law of Noory, where he always sucks.

A normal person would throw a party on the weekend. The Snorge forces people to call in during his working hours and fellate him, or else.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2013, 03:49:15 AM
Here's a novel and innovative idea; if you don't like what you're listening to...don't.  ;) ...Or do you also succumb to self flagellation in other ways?

I listen because I don't watch tv, and I get burnt-out on listening to books on tape every night. Snoory's idiocy is often entertaining, but mostly just bad.

I thought nothing could top the 12/21/12 show for nausea inducing fare, but I lasted through that whole show, and I could only make it through two and a half hours last night. The Numbers Lazy lied to keep in tune with the 'happy theme' of the show. She said Jorch was just entering into a personal seven year (which will not happen until his birthday in June, anyway) and because of this "the sky is the limit!" because the personal seven year is a "pay-off" year. In reality, the seven personal year is supposed to be a year of solitude and personal introspection (something Jorch knows nothing about) best spent in prayer and gratitude. It is the polar opposite of the eight personal year, which is supposed to be the pay-off year. I always associated the Light with truth, and lies with the darkness. Yet our loveable 'Worker in the Light' has a bunch of regulars who are habitual liars, and will say ANYTHING to get invited back to hawk their books, readings and seminars.

The most ridiculous statement I heard Jorch make last night was when he said he never cuts anyone off. In truth, anyone with an interesting personal story (rare on C2C these days, but it does happen) will never make it to the punchline. Jorch cuts them, and then says the call was dropped, or the caller hung up. However, if it's someone droning on about their personal problems (really, really bad radio), or making a speach about how great the military is, and thanking "those who served for their service", Jorch only reluctantly ends the call.

MV/Liberace!

and that's the power of coastgab.

Nebraska888

I haven't read the posts concerning last night's program.....all I know is this:.......there is NO WAY in #$!@!#@$!#@  THAT I WOULD LISTEN TO THE LOVEFEST.  UGH.

Nebraska888

And, tonight is Knapp......I'm "on it" even though I am not particulary interested in his topics.  However, Knapp can make any program interesting.

martinol

Quote from: Nebraska888 on January 07, 2013, 09:43:57 PM
I haven't read the posts concerning last night's program.....all I know is this:.......there is NO WAY in #$!@!#@$!#@  THAT I WOULD LISTEN TO THE LOVEFEST.  UGH.

Would you rather listen to this show
-or-
stick a needle under your toenail and kick a wall?

Nebraska888

Quote from: martinol on January 07, 2013, 09:48:50 PM
Would you rather listen to this show
-or-
stick a needle under your toenail and kick a wall?

Ha!  OK.....I'll do the toenail option....only if I receive a plate of HOT Pizza Rolls as a "reward" afterwards.

ItsOver

Stick a needle under my toenail, kick a wall, and beat myself senseless with a ball peen hammer.

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on January 07, 2013, 09:53:54 PM
Stick a needle under my toenail, kick a wall, and beat myself senseless with a ball peen hammer.

I'll bring you a plate of HOT Pizza Rolls in the hospital.  I think you're able to handle them after beating the crap out of your toe!  (smile)  Oh, wait.....I bet you're able to handle Pizza Rolls ANY TIME!

ItsOver

Excellent.  I prefer the napalm, habanero pizza rolls.  Couple of boxes should do nicely.

popple

Last night was the biggest waste of air time I have ever heard  :'(

I hope Jorch gets the gift basket of pizza rolls I sent for his 10th anniversary. 

ps: does that commercial he was talking about last night where a woman is feeding her baby pizza rolls really exist? i know it was one of his concerns LOL

Meegle

Quote from: MV on January 07, 2013, 01:05:09 PM

hey, meegle.  been a long time since i've seen you around.  hope all is well.  i miss your show rundowns.

Thanks! Yeah it's been a while since I've been in here. What's funny is that I was almost compelled to do a rundown of the TENTH ANNIVERSARY SHOW. ;)
How are you?

Nebraska888

Quote from: popple on January 07, 2013, 10:26:17 PM

I hope Jorch gets the gift basket of pizza rolls I sent for his 10th anniversary. 

ps: does that commercial he was talking about last night where a woman is feeding her baby pizza rolls really exist? i know it was one of his concerns LOL

I absolutely REFUSED to listen to Noory's 10th "Anniversary" program.  Sooooo, I can't answer your question.  I watched some History Channel and fell asleep by 1:00 a.m.  There was NO way I would even turn on my CCrane radio!  However, tonight....Knapp is on my "agenda".  Like I have said....even if I'm not completely interested in a topic Knapp presents.......I end up enjoying the program.

Nebraska888

Quote from: popple on January 07, 2013, 10:26:17 PM

Sorry about my post.....I included your quote.....but, something went wrong.  Again, I agree with you and I really don't know why a couple of my inserted quotes are not inserted correctly in my reply????

hosehead

It's a nightmare; every night is worse than the last on that show.

valdez

Quote from: MV on January 07, 2013, 01:05:09 PM
hey, meegle. been a long time since i've seen you around. hope all is well. i miss your show rundowns.
Quote from: Meegle on January 07, 2013, 10:50:43 PM
Thanks! Yeah it's been a while since I've been in here. What's funny is that I was almost compelled to do a rundown of the TENTH ANNIVERSARY SHOW. ;)
How are you?

A brief history of the Compendium:

There existed two threads.  Meegle's "Something or other mangles Meegle"
and Phantasticsanshisan's "George watch nightly,"
and they did both document the foibles of the Nooron well,
for the Nooron wqs a Mooron,
and thus the Great Moderator decided
they they shall be as one.
Enter the Compendium.