• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

michio

If Noory wasn't such a celebrity and attention obsessed fake with his narcissist ideas of "truth" as only he sees it, people wouldn't feel the urge to make those funny videos of him singing his bad song and have boards like this to vent, where the finer details of his fraudulent existence are documented for present and future generations. If he'd stop shoving his simplistic idiotic ideas and whacked out beliefs down our throats, perhaps people would ease up on him and not "hate" as much. If his readily apparent overinflated self-importance and extreme pompousness prevents this, I suggest to Simple George that he gets used to seeing his ugly mug reflected in the mirror.

Now he's asking the good doctor why people dont get freaked out by a lady bug landing on the but do when a spider is on them.

Thats like asking why people get nervous around snakes and not frogs. George is on roll tonight!

tmock00

I don't understand Noory's fixation with "the haters."

Art had his detractors - and he full well knew it - but he never let those people get under his skin, or come between him and a show.  I recall him stating a time or two, that he couldn't please everyone, and then he just moved on.  If George seriously thinks he can scrub the internet clean of opposing views concerning the job he's doing on C2C, he's dumber than I thought.

Besides, "haters" and criticism (constructive or otherwise) are not the same thing, but I think he believes that the two are interchangeable. 

Just my .02.

Morgus

Noory is now telling again his old story of believing he healed a man with cancer by using energy coming from his hands on him, making a tumor disappear...  ::)

Quote from: WOTR on March 28, 2012, 12:13:42 AM
I just can't believe that he is willing to say that he believes that laws should protect his reputation from honest observations about his suckage...
On reflection, I am not entirely sure of what he was talking about.  Very, very clearly he would hate this modest forum.  But he seemed to be thinking of something else too.  He said something about 'a lot of e-mails that attack someone's business.'  The guest (who Noory clearly talked to about his "problem" before the show) seemed to think he was talking about DNS attacks on some server.  He warned that it is not always the most obvious person/group behind a DNS attack and there may be "layers and layers."  George didn't get this, but it made me wonder: does Noory have a private business website?  The c2c site doesn't appear to have any problem.  Anyone know?

WOTR

I'm way behind everybody else on the broadcast times here.  The segment has just finished and I was coming to post that it was not as bad as I had expected (this is not saying much as my expectations were very low.)  I had expected to hear George comparing himself to the others who have been bullied consistently until they killed themselves.  I was expecting him to ramble on about what he perceives as personal attacks.

While I am not willing to turn in my card to the Noory sucks club (nor stop posting in the forum) I have to admit that it was not any worse than his other shows.  There were the general questions going nowhere and stories with no points, but he (thankfully) did not seem to turn the entire show into a "poor me" show.  Heck, he even said that he did not really mind a site that does videos of him, Tommy and Hoagland.  That was a little surprising.

Perhaps a formal invitation extended to George is in order.  I promise that I would restrain myself and offer only constructive criticism (at least until he does another "stop your meds and stop your cancer treatment" show...  After that it would be open season.

WOTR

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on March 28, 2012, 02:10:12 AM
...but it made me wonder: does Noory have a private business website?  The c2c site doesn't appear to have any problem.  Anyone know?
I honestly do not know much about his present ventures.  I only remember reading that he used to be the head of NORCOM.  According to http://www.thefreelibrary.com/NISCO+AND+NORCOM+ENTERTAINMENT+SIGN+LETTER+OF+INTENT-a014939760 NORCOM "develops and markets video training films by television to law enforcement and security agencies.  At that point NORCOM was "currently developing training programs for day care centers, nursing homes, and educational facilities"

I do not know if he is still associated with NORCOM, nor when he left (if he has.)  I always wonder if this is a part of the reason behind the fear mongering.  I have two theories.  First, that he directly profits from private security.  Second, that he was so immersed in stories of security breeches and the horrible results of leaving a 90 year old lady in a nursing home her knitting needles or giving a four year old child a plastic baseball bat at daycare (undoubtedly both topics of some of the "films" he produced) that the lines between common sense and the world of a paranoid have permanently blurred.

sleeplessinca

Drats- I missed the segment about hater websites.  Sounds like our boy may actually look in and might take some notes.  If we have to have him, at least he could improve?  I tuned in and heard the story about (oh - it's a true story btw) that he magically healed the guy at deaths door with throat cancer.  I hadn't heard this one before but found it chock full of hubris.  The notion that he laid his hands on the guy, that he hadn't done healing before, etc etc et cetera.  The guest seem non-plussed.   I can just hear the wheels turning about how to weave in the famous aunt to further levitate himself.

Oh yes - the guest believes "something is happening" if you are keeping score.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Scully on March 25, 2012, 10:14:00 PM
Totally agree, Ben Shockley...  Even Ruteger's avatar in and of itself is clearly political, and it irritates me every time I see it.
Quote from: Hugo Fitch on March 27, 2012, 09:58:49 PM
I am irritated every time I see that Jug-Eared Fuck, too.
Well, there's some deliberate twisting of a post's original intent.

"jug-eared fuck" ? 

Hey, Hugo-- the recent drift is to try to get gratuitous politics out of the thread.  So how about cooperating?  See, I was mentioned in the post you bastardized, so I am entitled to take offense.

WOTR

After looking for information for FAR too long, I have now found what happened to the merger between NORCOM and NISC.  I only post it because the article that I referenced showed up several times her on CG as well as another Noory sucks site with no further follow up information.  I assume that NORCOM went bankrupt or was shut down by Noory after the merger (attempted twice) did not go through.  Kind of makes me wonder what conditions Norcom was not able to come through on...

If you read through the financial statements filed for NISC you will find the paragraph  "In  January  1994 the Company  began  negotiations to acquire a St. Louis based company  that produced video training films.  The merger agreements signed in  March 1994 were subsequently  terminated.  Shortly  thereafter a modified merger agreement was entered into with Norcom Entertainment and Communications, Inc. This agreement was also terminated without having been submitted for approval by  shareholders due to the failure of certain conditions to the merger.  The incompleted merger expenses were $37,521 in 1994.     

sleeplessinca

I decided to listen to the rebroadcast of the internet "bullying" program.  Our hero seems to be aware of the opinions expressed here and other places.  I'd have so much more sympathy if he had the humility to recognize the constructive criticism and not simply launch into what meanies internet people are.

His guest kept saying, "Be cool - ignore it."

I'm thinking, "Learn something and then ignore it."

George kept running legal goobledy-goo past him in some sort of a fantasy lawsuit ideation.

His guest kept responding "Good luck; you will just make more trouble."

George even tried to drag Art Bell into this by referring to his harassment.  Different beast entirely, George.  Public figures are targets.  And, you are no Art Bell. 

*sigh*

BobGrau

Again George, Tom, Lisa: 'haters' who obviously still care about the show = POTENTIAL AUDIENCE

Do something about it.

Quote from: Morgus on March 27, 2012, 11:44:35 PM
Noory sounds angry right now - asking his guest how he can find these terrible people posting hateful things on a website...

Has he ever gone back and listened to one of his shows...

Pick one, George.  Try to sit through any show.

Greetings and salutations, WOTR!

You're a writer/reader after my own heart. I did entertain the thought of slipping a cipher or two into my long post, but decided that would have been a form of additional torture to anyone considerate enough to read the entire "incident."

(But when one is not in complete control of ones own typing, who knows - including myself - what may  have ultimately made its way into that response? Hmmmm. The dangers of automatic writing cloud above us. )

Subject Number 1)  Just to be clear right out of the gate: when I typed MV, or GLP, or RWC, etc, that was my mere laziness.

Regarding censoring myself when typing "g*d" or "g**damn" :   It depends on the tone of the message I desire as to what I will use. Personally, I do not have any worries typing "God," or "god," or YHWH," or even "Alice Cooper."

I do possess a mouth like a tri-polar sailor.  As time goes by, I try to be more cognizant of the fact that readers may be offended.  While I greatly enjoy studying many religions and admire many and much about them, I am guilty of offending all of them, even if only indirectly.

At other times, offensive is my goal, as many here can relate.  It's a delicate balance... a "Razor's Edge."

To simplify, if I were to ever appear in some published format, I would rather people actually read my writing than to have too many of them read the first page and believe me a complete douche bag and close the book in disgust (or delete the Kindle sample, as it may be.)

Most of the time, if not writing darker fiction in private, I'm going for the laugh in public.  The more stressed out I am, the more likely I am to inject humor of some sort.  Well, my sense of humor at least.

Then there is the obvious use of g*d or f**k that allows me to get through word filters when posting on sites more sensitive to my comments.  Not typically a concern at CG, of course.

But the hyphens or blanks, for G----- N------  (which is the meat of your query!) is due to my admittedly amateurish stab at emulating period writing.  Ben Shockley describing it as Lovecraft, Poe + 100 years was a very good notch on the barrel with which I was aiming. Also, since Lovecraft and many other horror writers of the time were in fact, inspired by Robert W. Chambers, Ben's comment actually rang the bell twice. Here I am, in some ways "channeling" RWC, and Ben mentions Lovecraft! That was very gratifying. (In the end, I believe, Lovecraft's ultimate judgment/opinion of RWC was rather harsh. I suppose we all have our gods to tear down.  ((laughing))  )

(Speaking of such "tearing," I recall as if it were yesterday, listening to magician David Copperfield negatively criticizing Houdini at length!  What an asshole! There was absolutely no REASON for him to do that. Then approximately an hour and a half later, I met Copperfield, face to face, and guess what?  Complete A-hole!)

(hahahahaha)

I actually have been studying Robert W Chambers and his work and working on a story idea for a while, so that's what apparently took over as I responded to you.  It all fell into place automatically, so I let it rip, all the while acutely aware I was off topic. It was a good exercise for me.  I also wanted to provide something for Vandevan to chew on, because he, like myself, enjoys flashbacks to our 2008 shenanigans.

My REASON for being interested in Chambers is a little less clear and why I would "rework" any paths he made is cloudier still.  The work of Robert W. Chambers has been reinterpreted/utilized at length by far more talented writers.

My relationship to Joe Pulver was extremely short lived and tangential via an obscure publisher.  I doubt Joe would remember me.  He's a very good bloke and owns a big heart. (A heart residing in Carcosa they say.)

Back to the blanks.  As you've noticed in writings of Poe or Conrad or Verne or whatever older classics you've come across, the authors might mention:  Mr. D______ , or  a certain Ms. E_____  C____ on the day of our Lord and Savior March __, 194_. 

That used to drive me completely nuts until I learned why.

Instead of my clogging up the thread (even further) as to the precise reason Poe and many authors of that time and after utilized the "blank" in names and/or dates, and as I am confident you are a hardcore fact finder, this link explains the reasoning behind that practice.  I was pleasantly surprised at the modern examples this link provided, such as in KILL BILL and James Bond:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpellMyNameWithABlank

Looking back now, my posting would have read better as Mr. G_____ N______, although authors did use hyphens as well, or long dashes and asterisks and sometimes just a single letter with no blanks.

(Now, WOTR, if you already knew why blanks were used back then, I apologize for branching out.  In that case, you may have been wondering ONLY why the hell I was censoring Noory's name.  In that case, the exact answer is that I was emulating period writing.)

Subject Number 2.)  The greater majority of MABUSE postings that astonished me appeared on GLP/Godlike Productions.  MABUSE is one of those persons I reserve the term "scary smart" and to whom I have a great respect.  Or is it envy?  From various things he referenced to me via at least one private message at GLP, I could easily tell he does not limit himself to armchair navigation.

While I would be skittering around in GLP, making wisecracks, I would come across a posting of his and have to grab a dictionary.   He would leave me floored.  "Who the FUCK is this?" I would think.  "Who speaks/writes like this!?"

There were several very intelligent personas at GLP, but none of them could truly touch MABUSE in my opinion. While THE PROFESSOR knew all about genome research and could lecture (at length) on genetics, and someone else, (I forget his name) knew much about aerodynamic engineering and ballistic missile testing, they were more about "data."  Nothing wrong with that.  Pure science. Of which I am a major fan.

(An aside: I distinctly recall THE PROFESSOR complimenting my writing while concurrently managing to bitch slap me. It was funny to me because I completely understood what he was saying, though at least one private correspondence said she would have been very offended.  That was just how THE PROFESSOR ticked.  He was providing honest feedback while summarily dismissing the field in which I was interested.  Clearly, he certainly didn't INTEND any harm. He was there solely to insult George Noory and to entertain in the process.)

MABUSE was more philosophical in the bigger picture, and for me, his postings really stuck out.  He was the "FOOL TRICKSTER" toting "GNOSIS" in his knapsack toward the lair of the "MAGICIAN" as it were, but just when you thought you had some sort of handle on him, he might say something completely unexpected.  For example, I can imagine MABUSE's retort when responding to my FOOL TRICKSTER metaphor:  "The FOOL TRICKSTER?! You observe before you none other than the DYING GOD! Were that I had the luxury of a lazy MAGICIAN en route!"

(hahahaha... )

You really never knew what he was going to say.  It was, indeed, "good times," there that eventually lead to good times at GeorgeNoorySucks.com.

But if you wanted to know about targeting missiles, then the-person-whose-name-I-forget was the one to "target."  (har har har)

Given the examples above and to what they allude, I can't think of much better testimony to the power of the many different types of I.Q.s - and of which I am a firm believer/proponent. I can (and will) learn something from almost ANYONE if given correct access.

The more I learn, the more I realize I know very little.  That phrase may sound cliché, but that has been my experience thus far on this Earth.

The disproportionately large coalescing of naturally high intellects at CG is a similar blessing.

So.  With that, I finally arrive full circle to something that is back on topic:

There's definitely something about the shared disgust of George Noory that acts as an aggregate lodestone for clearer thinkers, however differing in various beliefs/opinions we be.

("Aggregate lodestone?"  Hell fire shit damned saved.... I'm going have to use that  ...  Perhaps in this Chambers project on which I labor so....)

Though I guess Jules Verne has already trumped me in that arena via the magnetized Ice Sphinx in Le Sphinx des glaces!

I appreciate and value your continued interest, WOTR.

Until then,

Cam out.

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on March 27, 2012, 08:47:08 PM
Camazotz Automat, you fool!!!!! Go back to your study and consult your benighted tomes and eldritch sigils.  It would be far better than this!!!!! Stay away from the internet!!!!!  Have you forgotten that the Legion of Thasaidon also monitors this forum!  Can’t you see that those who haven’t been initiated into even the lesser mysteries read here?  What if the true nature of George Noory was revealed?!?!?!?  Currently most people are of the opinion that he is simply a late night talk show host that sucks.  So it should remain.

Tsathoggua watchs all.

DB,

As IF I didn't view my haunted visage in the mirror some fourteen hours later and ask myself WHAT in God's name had I done? WHY had I revealed my research and search for the Yellow Sign? All I had to do was keep my mouth shut.... or fingers still.

I vaguely recollect a spilled bottle of hydrogen peroxide as I cleaned blood from the keyboard used during the previous night's "activities" but the elixir did little to remove tears of regret the next day!

Amazingly, I've already received threats from several camps.... O.T.O., heirs of Cecil C. Finch, HPL fans (addicts), & asshole organizers of the Necronomi-CON.

(Yet my private queries to Kenneth Grant remain forever unanswered???)

Just so you know, I begged MV to remove the entire  post. I gravely informed him that my "Considered Response to WOTR" might lead to all kinds of hell.

Vandevan wouldn't hear it.

"We're letting the fucker stand.  The bubble-headed baby's out of the box," MV said. 

Or something to that effect.  I can't be sure.  So much is blurring for me at this difficult time.

I cannot help but link some of what is occurring to the recently diagnosed spot on my liver.

The intricate horror of it all is maddening.

Cam out

Marc.Knight

Another wonderful catch from last night's show:

Noory:  "Do you think cells have emotions?" 

Guest: Befuddled noises...

Noory:  "You'd think they'd have to"

aldousburbank

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on March 28, 2012, 06:59:53 AM
There's definitely something about the shared disgust of George Noory that acts as an aggregate lodestone for clearer thinkers, however differing in various beliefs/opinions we be.

Excellent point Cam.  Not being such a word wizard myself all I can say is that I tried listening to the horrible yellow snow of a show last night, and besides being an ugly, frumpy, disgusting, old windbag, George Noory sucks infinitely.

expat

Noory, last night: "We don't hang up on people, that's Rule #1." Oh yeah? You fucking hung up on me when I challenged Mike Bara with this quote from his book The Choice:
Quote"Many of the planet's orbits, which ... should be perfectly circular by now, are highly elliptical. In fact, Mars's orbit is so eccentric that its distance from Earth goes from 34 million miles at its closest to 249 million miles at its greatest."

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 28, 2012, 09:29:14 AM
Excellent point Cam.  Not being such a word wizard myself all I can say is that I tried listening to the horrible yellow snow of a show last night, and besides being an ugly, frumpy, disgusting, old windbag, George Noory sucks infinitely.

With your comment, I would say we are completely and solidly back on topic! Which is a good thing. (with me admittedly being a HUGE de-railer of topics)

Quote from: BobGrau on March 26, 2012, 09:36:52 AM

This deserves it's own thread. And if you're simply 'horsing around', so much the better.

Thanks, BG.  I only hope my horsing around doesn't wear thin.  I can be a tedious bastard.

If george is bringing up internet comments to quests then something must be working??? Maybe this site is more than an "annoying"? Maybe it's a ghost portal.

b_dubb

I unlocked my phone at work the other day and I had the coast home page loaded in my mobile browser. There was George's hamburger face staring back at me. My office mate took one look and said 'who's that handsome fella?' which led me to create this next bit of code:

if ( Noory ) { ridicule( Noory ); }

that's open source. so feel free to use it if you encounter something or someone that sucks

oracle

Ol' George asks too many questions about the guests themselves, rather than the actual topic. It doesn't matter what the topic is - politics, neuroscience, self-help - the real topic is a biography of the person being interviewed.

fysisist

Quote from: M. Knight on March 28, 2012, 08:07:04 AM

Well reasoned by Mr Amoeba brain himself. 

Quote from: expat on March 28, 2012, 10:10:13 AM
Noory, last night: "We don't hang up on people, that's Rule #1." Oh yeah? You fucking hung up on me...

George must have gone off the cue cards again.  Actually, Rule #1 is 'Don't Make George Do Any Work' (Rule #2 is 'Don't Believe The Rest of These Rules)'. 

'We Don't Hang Up On People' is way down the list, between 'I (George) Put In 8 Hours Of Show Prep Every Day', and 'I Personally Review Each Sponsor'.

George must have recently watched the cartoon version of Fantastic Voyage

meanmug247

Noory is a buffoon.  you guys are definitely word wizards.  me not so good at words. I can definitely agree and maybe pop in for a verbal "kick in the gut" when Noory gets on my nerves bad enough.

Sardondi

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 28, 2012, 01:24:39 PM

George must have gone off the cue cards again...

Bingo. From the quick dipping I've done recently, I think George in almost every show has literally gone to prepared questions, which he reads form a list or note card. You can tell them because he sounds extra dead and a little formal, less natural...about what you'd expect someone who's not very comfortable speaking in public to sound like. Of course he still jams these questions in there at "wtf spots", where they defy logic and derail a guest's line of thought.

So if his team prepares 8 questions for a last-half guest, and there's about 80-85 minutes of available live air in the last 4 segments, he has it figured he asks #1 question 5 minutes in, and then asks each one thereafter, in the same order Tommy wrote them down for him, every 10 minutes of interview time. Or maybe he just uses them as a life line when he wants to sound smart and draws a blank. Regardless, the use of prepared questions would account for the bizarre non sequiturs that have plagued Noory since he was a youth and did practice interviews of his aunt, Arugula Ravioli.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 28, 2012, 01:24:39 PM

...'I (George) Put In 8 Hours Of Show Prep Every Day'...

It's prep only in the sense that he's awake and "experiencing the universe" for 8 hours before he goes on the show. Such a ridiculous claim, which is obviously false on its face and a gross exaggeration, is the mark of a man who is a narcissist, but at the same time also feels inadequate. So her comes up with ridiculous boast. A common psychological problem for people who feel they're "living a lie" and haven't truly earned their success.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 28, 2012, 01:41:54 PM

George must have recently watched the cartoon version of Fantastic Voyage

White cells must be mad as hell at infections....

Frys Girl

Quote from: expat on March 28, 2012, 10:10:13 AM
Noory, last night: "We don't hang up on people, that's Rule #1." Oh yeah? You fucking hung up on me when I challenged Mike Bara with this quote from his book The Choice:
George Noory is a liar. Glad you called him out.

From the C2C website: 

Science Breakthroughs/AI

Wed 03-28

First Half: Professor of Astronomy at Harvard University, Dimitar Sasselov, will discuss the unprecedented breakthroughs in the seemingly unrelated fields of synthetic biology and exoplanetary astronomy, and how they will shed new light on our place in the universe.

2nd Half: Dr. Brian Goertzel talks about his work on artificial intelligence (AI) and its various applications including creating benevolent superhuman AI, as well as applying AI to areas like financial prediction and gaming.

Two more bright scientists get schooled in Applied Dumb and Lazy... they probably told all their friends to listen, probably excitedly preparing for their big night right now.