• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory sings Elvis...falling in love...

Started by Aby Normal, February 18, 2012, 10:48:13 PM

Scruff

Serious is this a joke?  Because it's not funny.

EDIT: I just listened to this again - this is upsetting - I don't accept this.

Aby Normal

just posting the facts of what George sang....falling in love with YOU!

The General

Quote from: Aby Normal on February 18, 2012, 11:11:49 PM

2-17-2012 George Noory-Coast Vocal Debut.mp4
I finally get Noory.  He's like Andy Kaufman.  He's the only one that's REALLY in on the joke.  He intentionally ruined C2C.... for the laughs!  And he's the most effective troll ever in the history of radio.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Aby Normal on February 18, 2012, 11:11:49 PM

2-17-2012 George Noory-Coast Vocal Debut.mp4
Thank you so much and you posted it at 11:11!

Now, I can play it while I am posting on Coastgab.  MV now has an alternative stream for all of the Noory lovers.

The General

Quote from: Scruff on February 18, 2012, 11:43:02 PM
Serious is this a joke?  Because it's not funny.

EDIT: I just listened to this again - this is upsetting - I don't accept this.

It is unacceptable.  The hubris!  To think he can use Coast as his own goddamn karaoke machine!  Why, if I were still a listener, I'd stop listening all over again.

Aby Normal

George said his friends said that he sounds just like Elvis, said he is in demand to sing in LA and St Louis, he has a LOT of songs to sing, .... suppose he will be writing any more books?    :'(

sleeplessinca

My supper is coming up.  Cringeworthy. 

What a GAG-FEST!!!!

He said they thought he was Elvis at the wedding - c'mon, they were all drunk!  I think he is drunk doing this.

But I don't know...It's pitchy dawg....I don't know...you know?

I give the guy credit for putting it out there but he's no Duke Silver.  George N-EGO-orey.  Is he part Greek?  I wouldn't be surprised if his middle name is Hubris.

Tara

Just listened to Noory a/k/a Elvis.  He ruined one of my favorite Elvis tunes.  I just pictured Noory in a white Elvis jumpsuit, mustache and all.  Ugh. 

My god... why didn't anyone warn the guy this might not be such a great idea?

Usagi

Sweet Jesus.  He sounds like the friggin' Count.

One would hope this is a joke, but there's no way he has the sense of humor for that.  What a douchebag.

b_dubb

Look at the bright side ... he didn't sing "Burning Love"

11angeleyes11

Don't worry, he will next Thursday before his sign-off.  Linda Moulton Howe is the special guest.

Morgus

Quote from: Agent : Orange on February 19, 2012, 11:33:58 AM
My god... why didn't anyone warn the guy this might not be such a great idea?
nah, all his staff and friends are apparently all YES-MEN like Tommy clearly is.  :o

Aby Normal

By Morgus is right!  I agree with the Tommy ole boy ole pal theory!

sleeplessinca

I hope he doesn't sing again but any thoughts as to his next victim?  McArthur's Park?  The Impossible Dream?  Your Cheatin' Heart? 

Someone stop him before he sings again.

Please PLEASE George release a cover album...

Was the singing in some way a response to John B. Wells? Is Noory threatened by the new, more burned out stoner host?

Or am I just over thinking this? The karaoke stunt puts up a red flag for me but I'm not sure why, aside from the obvious.

Aby Normal

Quote from: Agent : Orange on February 20, 2012, 02:29:36 AM

Or am I just over thinking this? The karaoke stunt puts up a red flag for me but I'm not sure why, aside from the obvious.

Now you are getting us some where with this concern...the red flag...what is the ulterior motive? :o

BobGrau

Quote from: sleeplessinca on February 20, 2012, 01:49:32 AM
I hope he doesn't sing again but any thoughts as to his next victim?  McArthur's Park?  The Impossible Dream?  Your Cheatin' Heart? 

Bohemian Rhapsody springs to mind.

Go on george, do it for us...

George49

Was that singing? More like something a sick cat threw up. I would rather hear the sounds of fingernails on a chalkboard that his singing.

Well, after listening again, I've changed my mind. Grampa wanted attention and he got it. Clearly he's very proud of his voice or he wouldn't have gone out of his way to put it out there for everyone to judge. It takes guts to get up in front of everyone and belt out some karaoke. So, in that regard, good for him. Even though his voice reminds me of Kermit the Frog on Ketamine, he's got the balls to put himself out there and potentially give "the haters" that much more ammunition.

However, is the show really the best forum for this? It seems so out of place, even for this new Coast to Coast. I still can't help but feel like he's preparing the audience for something from left field with this. I think it's telling that this kind of apprehension exists in the first place. No one is sure of what lunatic move might come next.

The show is now a giant tapestry full of retarded social cues, botched pre-canned esoteric questions and random chaotic directions that I could never hope to comprehend. Surely someone has to be in control, and presumably someone has to be making these decisions. Close up, one fiber at a time, it's disjointed at worst. But to absorb all the details simultaneously I have to stand back and take it all in, and the true glory of this horrific accident only burns my eyes. It's impossible to turn away.

I just don't get it.

Maybe George will start regularly singing the show out on Friday night now? After all, Art's legacy gave us Crystal Gayle and now we could have OH GOD WHAT HAPPENED

Just video just in: The latest UFO conference. Noory sings Pavoratti while Linda Howe works the ivories. Amazing.
The crowd loved it

Jorge & Jewel-Pavarotti impression-Nessun Dorma

If the singing gig fails, George has a backup plan. Comedy.
He could be the next Carson

George Noory jokes about Alex Jones

11angeleyes11

I'll cut to it.  Coast has become a platform soley for self-promotion. 

BobGrau

Quote from: Agent : Orange on February 20, 2012, 07:57:37 AM

However, is the show really the best forum for this? It seems so out of place, even for this new Coast to Coast. I still can't help but feel like he's preparing the audience for something from left field with this.

It's not Coast to Coast anymore, it's the George Noory Show. I wish they'd hurry up and change the name.

The General

It seems so out of place, even for this new Coast to Coast. I still can't help but feel like he's preparing the audience for something from left field with this.  I think it's telling that this kind of apprehension exists in the first place. No one is sure of what lunatic move might come next.

You're over thinking this.  It's just George being George.

The show is now a giant tapestry full of retarded social cues, botched pre-canned esoteric questions and random chaotic directions that I could never hope to comprehend. Surely someone has to be in control, and presumably someone has to be making these decisions. Close up, one fiber at a time, it's disjointed at worst. But to absorb all the details simultaneously I have to stand back and take it all in, and the true glory of this horrific accident only burns my eyes. It's impossible to turn away.

I just don't get it.

Now you're talking.  Retarded social cues and all.

Avi

Sounds like George and Garrison Keillor were separated at birth.

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on February 20, 2012, 08:46:17 AM
I'll cut to it.  Coast has become a platform soley for self-promotion.

And funny enough no one who he is promoting himself too even really cares..