• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Coast Gab Idol Thread, Or Disclosing Unknown Talents

Started by 11angeleyes11, February 18, 2012, 07:52:55 AM

11angeleyes11

Well, now George is proclaiming he can sing.  I have not heard it yet, and cannot comment, but he may have a future as an Elvis Presley impersonator.

Now, do you as a member of this forum have your own,  heretofore, undisclosed talent?  It could be as simple as making paper wads, aiming for the waste can, and making challenging baskets.  Or, you may organize mean paper shredder sessions.  It can be anything, and does not have to be your usual "idol" talent.

Yes, writing engaging posts on the various thread qualifies, a talent is a talent and we all have them. Who knows you could be the next George Noory or Art Bell?   

11angeleyes11

Since I am on the music genre, the Grammy's were on last weekend.  I love all types of music, but the song sung by Taylor Swift, "You're So Mean" struck a chord with me.  I believe she won best Country Vocalist? 

Anyway, I had had a country music song demoed and published a few years ago, and was set up with a fellow writer to collaborate.  My career went off in a different direction, and I have not written music or lyrics since then.  I found the demo this week and have decided to resume writing.  Now, I need an accompany instrument and have decided to take up mandolin.  I am not the next Adele, but it will be fun writing again, and perhaps playing an engagement or to if I can master the instrument.  Time will tell. 

BobGrau

I've been dabbling in music (electronica-ish) recently, tho I won't call it a talent yet cos I know absolutely nothing about reading or writing music.
What I do know inside out is computer games, and the program I've started using (FLstudio10) can be viewed as just a massive, insanely complicated game. Hey, it keeps me off the streets.

In fact, I can't help wondering if my sampling Noory's voice on youtube somehow inspired this latest debacle...  8)