• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Do You Really Believe In This Stuff?

Started by 11angeleyes11, February 12, 2012, 10:04:05 AM

11angeleyes11

George has been commenting about the network having a meeting with him, and one of the questions that came up was "Do you actually believe in this stuff?"  Those were not the exact words, but it expresses the view of what a network exec. might think.

Imagine working on Wall Street where your life is dictated by the opening bell, although trading has become non-stop with all of the communication and technology available to us.  One night due to the worries of the housing bubble, and losing on your investment on your second home in Fort Lauderdate you have insomnia and you accidentally turn into this show that says it is Coast to Coast.  Two people are conversing about hybrid aliens.  What would the reaction be?  Could it be that you overdosed on your prescipton Ambrien and you are not really hearing what you are hearing?  This is just an example, but the topics on the show are not so ordinary to someone living on an average street of America.

Even exposed to these topics and listening at least one night a week, it does beg the question, "Do You Really Believe In This Stuff?"  Have you ever had conversations with co-workers, relatives, friends that were insightful or totally quashed your beliefs?  Do you find that with the increase and exposure with the internet that folks are more open-minded in general to the paranormal, metaphysical, ufology and other topics covered by Coast?  Do you listen to Coast in secret, in a closet, in the deep woods, or do you listen with your son or daughter while you are helping them with their homework, openly, letting them by mystified and  inspired to new topics that are normally not discussed in the classroom.  Do you fear that social services might remove that child for educational neglect for exposing them to this heresy and misguided nonsence? 

True, this may be a skewed sample to ponder this question, but I just wanted to open a thread for general commentary and experiences.  It could be ridicule for taking a weeks vacation for tracking Bigfoot, or it could be support for taking a broader view of this vast universe. 

rbduck

What a really good question to ponder Angeleyes! I have listened to Art Bell and all forms of the Coast Show for as long as I can remember. I'm not even sure when it was I heard the first show. The 80's? I know it's been a very long time. I have not listened to every single show, but as many as I possible can or could, as it were. When shows were first recorded for later listening (prepodcasting) I would download them and burn them to CD and listen the next day.

I believe I have listened to more than a thousand shows, if not more. I once pondered as to whether
I believed them or not. For the most part, I only listen to them for entertainment purposes only and have come to feel sorry for those that I think drink this stuff up as completely real. Mostly callers I have heard on the show. Then there have been times when there have been guests on the show that are very serious and have very real subject matter. They have must have slipped through the Networks filtering for Real People with Real Facts.

Over the past few years I have lost interest because of George Noory. I was tired of hearing the
apathetic interviewer trudging through very boring subjects. Also, it was the very same subject matter
repeated almost on a daily basis. It was never that way during the Bell years. If it was. it was not noticed. Art also came up with the most incredible stuff. Was it Mr Fidget? With that fidget toy or whatever it was? This guy supposedly was just a caller and would up being a guest! This was not
the only time I heard this happen. I know I haven,t listened in a while. I haven't heard anything like this with Noory. OK, off topic. I didn't intend on Noory bashing.

No I don;t believe 99.9% percent of the subject matter. There are those that believe it all.

Oh, I did believe the Fidget toy was interesting.

b_dubb

i have seen three ufo's and had two ghost experiences.  i have also had a some pre-cognitive visions and predictive dreams.  that said ... most of the ghost guests are completely full of shit and are just out to sell their damn book or drive traffic to their site

ksm32

Quote from: b_dubb on February 12, 2012, 06:54:50 PM
i have seen three ufo's and had two ghost experiences.  i have also had a some pre-cognitive visions and predictive dreams.  that said ... most of the ghost guests are completely full of shit and are just out to sell their damn book or drive traffic to their site
b_dubb.. when you saw things in the sky "ufos" did you go through stages on how you felt about the whole thing ?

First, wow WOW!
Second, you talk about it with whomever you can ? and mabye your even "cheery" about it.
Third, you kinda  compartmentalize it and it stays in its own little room... kinda thing.

b_dubb

Quote from: ksm32 on February 18, 2012, 11:32:58 PM
b_dubb.. when you saw things in the sky "ufos" did you go through stages on how you felt about the whole thing ?

First, wow WOW!
Second, you talk about it with whomever you can ? and mabye your even "cheery" about it.
Third, you kinda  compartmentalize it and it stays in its own little room... kinda thing.
the sighting in reverse chronological order ...

1995 ish - a friend and i are driving down route 4 near dayton, oh (which is right next to Wright Patt AFB).  i notice a silvery disc flying horizontally right above the treetops.  then suddenly it changes directions and shoots off at a ninety degree vector to its prior flight path.  when i say shoots i mean it was just gone.  i initially tried to down play it but then my friend who was driving suddenly blurts out "DID YOU FUCKING SEE THAT".  so maybe it was an experimental, umanned craft but the Air Force isn't in the habit of testing craft with experimental drive systems in heavily populated areas, right?

1993 ish - i had a job interview at an air freight company in Toledo, OH.  because i'd be working 3rd shift i had to go to the interview at 3am.  after the interview i was driving back to Bowling Green, OH.  i was driving down a back road at 4 am when i noticed a cluster of lights in the sky. it was about 100 feet in the sky.  very low.  when i saw it i thought "that's got to be a helicopter from the Air Force Reserve base at the airport".  so i pulled off the road, shut off the car, and rolled down the window.  i expected to hear the sound of a helicopter in flight.  instead i heard silence.  at that point i thought briefly about walking into the field it was hovering over for a closer look but chickened out.  i'd heard of alien abductions i wasn't about to volunteer - just in case.  then i considered that it must be a tower of some sort with lights to prevent aircraft to crash into it.  so i decided that i'd come back the next day during the day to get a look.  i drove back the next day and was surprised to see no tower of any sort.  as far as what it was that i'd seen i really don't know.  it could have been a very quiet helicopter or .... ?  any ideas?

1977 ish - my brother and i were beating the crap out of each other in the living room when we both stopped and looked out the window to the West and saw a large disc fly over the house.  a few minutes later a couple of Air Force figher jets flew over the house.  comparing the size of the jets to the disc ... aircraft [ jets ] and the disc [ aircraft carrier ].  the dayton airport saw the object ( we were a mile north of the tower - the tower could see it through the windows and on radar ) and Wright Patt AFB also picked up on radar. 

maybe these stories belong in a different thread but here they are