• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

chefist

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 14, 2016, 03:49:33 PM
The reason someone like Trump is even able to get as far as he has is because all the other candidates are an abysmal joke as are both parties at this point.

Well he has the cash to self fund...has his own jet to fly him wherever...calls out all the people, both Rep and Dem when they ask him for donations...as soon as Haley admitted, and Clinton and others that they accepted and asked for donations, they lose all credibility...Trump is killing them with this technique...

CornyCrow

The reason someone like Trump is even able to get as far as he has is because all the other candidates are an abysmal joke as are both parties at this point.
I second that.
There are more registered Dems than Reps.  The Independents outnumber either of them, but tend to vote Dem.  That puts the Reps at a horrible disadvantage unless they get a stellar candidate, and instead they float these archaic types who wave bibles and spew out platitudes.  Match that with the influence of big money in our politics and it's extremely difficult to get a rational candidate who puts the country's interests above those of pressure groups and big financial interests. 

Nothing will be here to get done if the environment collapses. 
If big money interests control our politics, our democracy will fall apart, which it is.

I cannot see ANYTHING that is more important than those two issues. 

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 14, 2016, 03:54:13 PM
I'm a Republican but do not support the Establishment anymore.  I went along with them for a long time until I couldn't compromise my values and beliefs any further.  The old guard of the Republican Party is about to fall and I will rejoice on that day.  As for Haley, I don't know what to think about her.  Some true conservatives love her, others don't.  I lean towards the latter but I have not made my mind up completely yet.

I hate to say it but I think the Rep Party is controlled by trying to reduce the cost of labor...they want immigrants in order to do that...they will even go so far as Haley was instructed to do in order to achieve those goals...the Dems as well are the same agents for business...

Our trade laws are to blame...I would rather pay more for US goods that ensured US jobs, than buy cheap foreign goods and have to pay unemployment or welfare benefits...

CornyCrow

Quote from: chefist on January 14, 2016, 03:58:57 PM
I hate to say it but I think the Rep Party is controlled by trying to reduce the cost of labor...they want immigrants in order to do that...they will even go so far as Haley was instructed to do in order to achieve those goals...the Dems as well are the same agents for business...

Our trade laws are to blame...I would rather pay more for US goods that ensured US jobs, than buy cheap foreign goods and have to pay unemployment or welfare benefits...
Yes, our trade laws and also that our candidates must raise a HUGE amount of money to run and by the time they land in office they are slaves to other, big money, interests.  It is said that the first day in office finds a pol raising money for his or her next election.  That's no way to run a country.  Campaign financing must change.

I hope Yorkshire pud is alright.

He hasn't posted in a few day.  I hope he wasn't hurt by a spoon of mass destruction or a pencil that was a few centimeters over the allowable limit and therefore a dangerous illegal weapon.

chefist

Quote from: Segundus on January 14, 2016, 04:03:08 PM
Yes, our trade laws and also that our candidates must raise a HUGE amount of money to run and by the time they land in office they are slaves to other, big money, interests.  It is said that the first day in office finds a pol raising money for his or her next election.  That's no way to run a country.  Campaign financing must change.

Agreed...$250 million public, $250 million private per candidate and may the best one win!

CornyCrow

I am not familiar with Indonesia, but it is the most populous Muslim country AND has a secular government.   I seemed to be on track that all Muslims preferred Sharia to control their nations, but that obviously is not the case. 

Just as ghetto culture should not be projected onto all minorities, perhaps Sharia should not be onto all Muslims. 

VtaGeezer

Trump just says what the people are thinking:
- Immigration is a catastrophe.
- ISIS isn't an existential threat, but vermin should get for the exterminator.
- Jeb is a dullard riding the dynasty thing.
- When foreigners hear that the Americans are coming to negotiate, they have to fight the giggles.
- Muslims won't take out their own trash so they all  pick up the stink.
- Putin has run rings around Obama and NATO, so who's brighter?
- When the Framers said "natural-born", they probably weren't thinking foreign-born with one American parent.
And he has a record of accomplishing something besides networking and fund raising.

But you're right that the rest of them are mostly jokes.

qaddisin

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 14, 2016, 04:30:30 PM
Trump just says what the people are thinking:
- Immigration is a catastrophe.
- ISIS isn't an existential threat, but vermin should get for the exterminator.
- Jeb is a dullard riding the dynasty thing.
- When foreigners hear that the Americans are coming to negotiate, they have to fight the giggles.
- Muslims won't take out their own trash so they all  pick up the stink.
- Putin has run rings around Obama and NATO, so who's brighter?
- When the Framers said "natural-born", they probably weren't thinking foreign-born with one American parent.
And he has a record of accomplishing something besides networking and fund raising.

But you're right that the rest of them are mostly jokes.

You forgot
- Laziness is a trait in the blacks. But I have a great relationship with them.
- The Mexicans are bringing crime and raping people. But some of them are good people.
- The only people that should be handling money are little short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.
- That all women flirt with me, consciously or unconsciously. But that's to be expected.
- That I am the best at everything. Everyone else are losers.

Quote from: qaddisin on January 14, 2016, 05:18:23 PM
You forgot
- Laziness is a trait in the blacks. But I have a great relationship with them.
- The Mexicans are bringing crime and raping people. But some of them are good people.
- The only people that should be handling money are little short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.
- That all women flirt with me, consciously or unconsciously. But that's to be expected.
- That I am the best at everything. Everyone else are losers.

lol,

That makes me want to vote for Trump even harder.

albrecht

Quote from: Segundus on January 14, 2016, 04:17:32 PM
I am not familiar with Indonesia, but it is the most populous Muslim country AND has a secular government.   I seemed to be on track that all Muslims preferred Sharia to control their nations, but that obviously is not the case. 

Just as ghetto culture should not be projected onto all minorities, perhaps Sharia should not be onto all Muslims.
Though much of it was 'cold war' inspired Indonesia in their short history of being independent is filled with dictatorships, communist vs autocrats, coups, mini civil wars, 'disappeared' people and 'extra-judicial' killings, militant Islam and break away islands, massive scales of corruption (again often thanks to our foreign policy and businesses,) ethnic/religious strife (especially the anti-Chinese stuff early, the Christian/Muslim stuff and the internal Muslim/Muslim stuff (like Ahmadiyah vs FPI.) And meanwhile I imagine some in the military/politics wouldn't mind being 'back in charge' if the moderate vs radical Islam stuff plays out badly.

Jeb is finished after the embarassing showing tonight.  No one's going to vote for him in the primary. He's way too soft and is way, way out of touch.  "Compassionate" conservatism was phony and the same trick won't work again.  Go home, Jeb.

CornyCrow

Quote from: albrecht on January 14, 2016, 07:10:59 PM
Though much of it was 'cold war' inspired Indonesia in their short history of being independent is filled with dictatorships, communist vs autocrats, coups, mini civil wars, 'disappeared' people and 'extra-judicial' killings, militant Islam and break away islands, massive scales of corruption (again often thanks to our foreign policy and businesses,) ethnic/religious strife (especially the anti-Chinese stuff early, the Christian/Muslim stuff and the internal Muslim/Muslim stuff (like Ahmadiyah vs FPI.) And meanwhile I imagine some in the military/politics wouldn't mind being 'back in charge' if the moderate vs radical Islam stuff plays out badly.
Yeah, but at least it's not Sharia.
Westerners often seem to think democracy is for everyone, but I think people must be ready for it.  Look at Egypt and the Arab Spring.  The Muslim brotherhood was turning the country into another religious dictatorship, until the military took over.  I think their present government is way better than what could have happened.  Many people think Islam is not compatible with democracy, so it is always a good thing in my opinion to see a Muslim population living in in a secular society. 

albrecht

Quote from: Segundus on January 15, 2016, 09:17:00 AM
Yeah, but at least it's not Sharia.
Westerners often seem to think democracy is for everyone, but I think people must be ready for it.  Look at Egypt and the Arab Spring.  The Muslim brotherhood was turning the country into another religious dictatorship, until the military took over.  I think their present government is way better than what could have happened.  Many people think Islam is not compatible with democracy, so it is always a good thing in my opinion to see a Muslim population living in in a secular society.
Aceh has implemented full sharia (applying now even to non-Muslims,) other parts of Indonesia have incorporated some parts of sharia (like marriage law, property disputes, etc.) Kompilasi Hukum Islam (regulation of marriage, charitable trusts, and property) now falls outside the Constitutional Law.

CornyCrow

Quote from: albrecht on January 15, 2016, 10:06:02 AM
Aceh has implemented full sharia (applying now even to non-Muslims,) other parts of Indonesia have incorporated some parts of sharia (like marriage law, property disputes, etc.) Kompilasi Hukum Islam (regulation of marriage, charitable trusts, and property) now falls outside the Constitutional Law.
I'm depressed.  So sad.

albrecht

Quote from: Segundus on January 15, 2016, 03:58:30 PM
I'm depressed.  So sad.
Don't be (unless you live there.) There are many people (even most?) and in military and government etc who don't want to go radical Islamic. A problem happens though when Islam is also tied to other issues (ethnicity, income inequality, etc and so you get a double-whammy.)
And there is not, necessarily, a problem with implementing some sharia 'law' in a country- particularly in a primarily Islamic one. Though not the 'full' sharia but sort of like how here, in one wishes, you can go to a religious 'court' (or even a non-religious court like "judge" Judy) for certain aspects of civil claims and things (if all parties consent.) I think Orthodox Jews do this a;so in religious courts. The problem is when EVERYONE is forced to use sharia system and/or it covers criminal and normally state sanctioned things also.

CornyCrow

Quote from: albrecht on January 15, 2016, 04:26:46 PM
Don't be (unless you live there.) There are many people (even most?) and in military and government etc who don't want to go radical Islamic. A problem happens though when Islam is also tied to other issues (ethnicity, income inequality, etc and so you get a double-whammy.)
And there is not, necessarily, a problem with implementing some sharia 'law' in a country- particularly in a primarily Islamic one. Though not the 'full' sharia but sort of like how here, in one wishes, you can go to a religious 'court' (or even a non-religious court like "judge" Judy) for certain aspects of civil claims and things (if all parties consent.) I think Orthodox Jews do this a;so in religious courts. The problem is when EVERYONE is forced to use sharia system and/or it covers criminal and normally state sanctioned things also.
There really seems to be a problem to me when Sharia demands death for such minor offenses.  There is a problem when a family wishes to abide by Sharia but later a woman chooses to divorce her husband through the civil system and the husband insists on Sharia reprisals on her.  There is a problem when parents believe they own their children who decide they do not like Sharia and have no wish for arranged marriages and the like, so the parents send them to the home country to marry them off and kill them if they object.  These are not all that rate.  Muslim fundamentalism (and the mainstream religion seems to be very fundamental) is not just like any other religion in which you can leave things alone and time will handle it.  Death is very final.

Yeah, there are mosques which do not interpret the Koran in such a severe manner, but they are the exception. 

BBC (2015): Following the Charlie Hebdo attacks, 27% of British Muslims openly support violence against cartoonists. Another 8% would not say, meaning that only 2 of 3 surveyed would say that the killings were not justified.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31293196

The Polling Company CSP Poll (2015): 29% of Muslim-Americans agree that violence against those who insult Muhammad or the Quran is acceptable (61% disagree).

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/150612-CSP-Polling-Company-Nationwide-Online-Survey-of-Muslims-Topline-Poll-Data.pdf

I think for those who answer these polls, saying they favor the violence, there must be others who do not answer or lie. 

albrecht

Quote from: Segundus on January 15, 2016, 04:50:51 PM
There really seems to be a problem to me when Sharia demands death for such minor offenses.  There is a problem when a family wishes to abide by Sharia but later a woman chooses to divorce her husband through the civil system and the husband insists on Sharia reprisals on her.  There is a problem when parents believe they own their children who decide they do not like Sharia and have no wish for arranged marriages and the like, so the parents send them to the home country to marry them off and kill them if they object.  These are not all that rate.  Muslim fundamentalism (and the mainstream religion seems to be very fundamental) is not just like any other religion in which you can leave things alone and time will handle it.  Death is very final.

Yeah, there are mosques which do not interpret the Koran in such a severe manner, but they are the exception. 

BBC (2015): Following the Charlie Hebdo attacks, 27% of British Muslims openly support violence against cartoonists. Another 8% would not say, meaning that only 2 of 3 surveyed would say that the killings were not justified.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31293196

The Polling Company CSP Poll (2015): 29% of Muslim-Americans agree that violence against those who insult Muhammad or the Quran is acceptable (61% disagree).

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/150612-CSP-Polling-Company-Nationwide-Online-Survey-of-Muslims-Topline-Poll-Data.pdf

I think for those who answer these polls, saying they favor the violence, there must be others who do not answer or lie.
Don't get me wrong I don't think Islam has ANY place in Europe, America, and most of Africa and, really, it would be a great thing for the world if it was never invented or, at least, died off some decades ago. But since that won't happen, and we would never have the will for self-defense of our own countries- or even have a sensible immigration, or border, policy - we must live to learn with it and accept Sharia, at least in limited, domestic legal situation between precious Muslims, and random rapes or terrorism of our people as the price of "diversity," or so some say. Diversity is strength.

Jackstar

https://youtu.be/YkNZHN69ukM

I just watched this, & I wasn't expecting much, but it turned out to be legitimately very interesting.

JamesMcDonald

15 Year Old Boy Was Stabbed To Death By Arab Migrant Because He Was Protecting Young Girl From Sex Assault

The parents of 15 year old Lithuanian boy Arminas Pileckas have blasted Sweden and the Swedish media for cowardice in the face of the migrant threat, and for covering up the murder of their son.

Arminas Pileckas, a native of northern European state Lithuania was living in Sweden with his parents when he was brutally murdered on Monday by an “Arab” â€" reportedly Syrian â€" migrant classmate.

It is reported that Arminas intervened to protect a female school-mate from being sexually assaulted in December, only to have the Syrian he defended her from stab him in the back and through the heart on the first day of the next term.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/01/15/15-year-old-boy-was-stabbed-to-death-by-migrant-because-he-was-protecting-young-girl-from-sex-assault/

Jackstar

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on January 16, 2016, 02:51:00 AM
15 Year Old Boy Was Stabbed To Death By Arab Migrant Because He Was Protecting Young Girl From Sex Assault

The parents of 15 year old Lithuanian boy Arminas Pileckas have blasted Sweden and the Swedish media for cowardice in the face of the migrant threat, and for covering up the murder of their son.

Arminas Pileckas, a native of northern European state Lithuania was living in Sweden with his parents when he was brutally murdered on Monday by an “Arab” â€" reportedly Syrian â€" migrant classmate.

It is reported that Arminas intervened to protect a female school-mate from being sexually assaulted in December, only to have the Syrian he defended her from stab him in the back and through the heart on the first day of the next term.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/01/15/15-year-old-boy-was-stabbed-to-death-by-migrant-because-he-was-protecting-young-girl-from-sex-assault/

Huh. Why didn't he just shoot him? Oh, right. lol Europe.

Coffeeman

Quote from: Jackstar on January 16, 2016, 02:54:12 AM
Huh. Why didn't he just shoot him? Oh, right. lol Europe.

Only the criminals have guns, and none of the immigrants can possibly be criminals. Right???

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Coffeeman on January 16, 2016, 02:55:59 AM
Only the criminals have guns, and none of the immigrants can possibly be criminals. Right???

CornyCrow

Quote from: albrecht on January 15, 2016, 07:26:02 PM
Don't get me wrong I don't think Islam has ANY place in Europe, America, and most of Africa and, really, it would be a great thing for the world if it was never invented or, at least, died off some decades ago. But since that won't happen, and we would never have the will for self-defense of our own countries- or even have a sensible immigration, or border, policy - we must live to learn with it and accept Sharia, at least in limited, domestic legal situation between precious Muslims, and random rapes or terrorism of our people as the price of "diversity," or so some say. Diversity is strength.
I hope we never accept Sharia, with the death penalty and chopping off of hands as penalties.  Many Western countries are demanding a signed oath to the laws of the land over and above those of any religion as part of admittance to citizenship.  I think that is what will happen instead of us accepting regression into barbarism. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: Coffeeman on January 16, 2016, 02:55:59 AM
Are they asylum seekers or criminals escaping the law in their own countries?   

albrecht

Quote from: Segundus on January 16, 2016, 08:40:54 AM
Are they asylum seekers or criminals escaping the law in their own countries?
Most are a fifth column and, generally, peaceful- until the time is right but even then won't act out but silently or financially support (or even vote.) Even if only 2 or 3% of the new "refugees" support the peaceful type of Islam (the bombings, burning, honor killings, shooting attacks, rapes, etc) there already in Europe is a substantial number of people who will aide and abet their actions: funding, no snitching, housing, transport, etc. But considering the sheer numbers of this latest invasion if only a small percentage acts "peaceful" (in terms of Islam) or aids them that will decimate Europe in terms of tourism, economy, culture, religion, education, civil rights, travel, etc.

There is no "solution" to an infestation but eliminating it or, deciding, to die a slow death; perhaps.

Rubio is finished. He has no chance after amnesty declaration today.

It's a 2 man race Cruz/Trump.

GravitySucks

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 17, 2016, 12:27:48 PM
Rubio is finished. He has no chance after amnesty declaration today.

It's a 2 man race Cruz/Trump.

Totally agree. At least he finally fessed up to what everyone already knew about his stand on amnesty. He is going to have some pissed off donors.