• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 02, 2021, 08:45:47 PM
Haha you lost your wager Lin was raised a Baptist but fell away from the faith until his eye was healed a few years ago and now he is a baby Christian who tells everyone to go to church tomorrow!
I know it is basic but I think the prodigal son is still most troubling, and redemptive, But still hard! Lamb, and such, in the stories are likely harder for modern audiences- though actually amazing analogies if you read it and know animals.

albrecht

These lines were interesting:

"Mainstream media outlets still follow a traditional top-down broadcast model: an authoritative source produces the news and sends it out to consumers."

"This article was amended on 1 January 2021 to remove a reference to the BBC being “taxpayer-funded”." 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/01/disinformation-us-election-covid-pandemic-trump-biden 

So is this mansplaining, as they call it:   

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/verify/verify-changes-who-definition-herd-immunity-not-secret/507-f90c0199-c88e-4c66-8313-b4ae6e2a72ad

Taaroa

Why is this so common these days? Where people must compare current political/real world events to some crappy pop cultural fiction?

Jackstar

Quote from: Taaroa on January 07, 2021, 02:05:54 AM
Why is this so common these days?

Every decent artist has been on intellectual strike since 1963.

You're welcome. I don't know about the rest of them, but I'm here to help.

Innerreach

Quote from: Jackstar on January 07, 2021, 02:07:37 AM
Every decent artist has been on intellectual strike since 1963.

You're welcome. I don't know about the rest of them, but I'm here to help.

I tend to agree. I'm in that specific place of possible scrutiny that divides the people, from the people. Now, that's not fun! Regardless, of your last invoked brainwashed attempt towards a true scrutiny of self reliable, blah blah blah... You're SUSPECT. I'm watching!  :) What? How's your reading these days? Would you like a glass of water? Fuck off! :-X I know other! What? #FOOL

Jackstar

Quote from: Innerreach on January 07, 2021, 02:23:39 AM
Regardless, of your last invoked brainwashed attempt towards a true scrutiny of self reliable, blah blah blah... You're SUSPECT.

haangoc

Jackstar

Did they make you play Pin The Donkey a lot as a child? Just a hunch.

Innerreach

Quote from: Jackstar on January 07, 2021, 02:38:08 AM
Did they make you play Pin The Donkey a lot as a child? Just a hunch.

Did they make you play, play the smartest as a child? Just a hunch. #Weak

Innerreach

Quote from: Jackstar on January 07, 2021, 02:43:24 AM
I have the worst groupies.

Who are you calling a groupie? Groupie! I'll make you my groupie and in short order and as I see fit, is that clear? ::) #GROUPIE #THE :-XFUCKINGAUDACITY

Jackstar

Quote from: Innerreach on January 07, 2021, 02:49:08 AM
#THE :-XFUCKINGAUDACITY

I prefer Goldwave. Also, your mother is a w****.

Innerreach

Quote from: Jackstar on January 07, 2021, 02:49:57 AM
I prefer Goldwave. Also, your mother is a w****.

Yeah yeah yeah.... Like I said, what! She likes red wine and anal....WTF! I said this already. I like _____, ____ and _____star!

pate

Quote from: Taaroa on January 07, 2021, 02:05:54 AM
Why is this so common these days? Where people must compare current political/real world events to some crappy pop cultural fiction?

Might possibly have to do with a disambiguation of the Mormon Card's "End Game" and some other sort of inspired (or in Card's case inspirational) material.  Pardon me while I find my "jeweled glasses" which will surly not be good enough for the RomNeighs that reed thus...

-p

Jackstar

Quote from: pate on January 07, 2021, 02:57:06 AM
the Mormon Card

Thanks. I will refer to the man as such forevermore.

Jackstar

Quote from: Innerreach on January 07, 2021, 02:53:10 AM
I like _____, ____ and _____star!

Message received. Prepare to ____.

Innerreach

Quote from: Jackstar on January 07, 2021, 02:59:33 AM
Message received. Prepare to ____.

If you turn out to be like Asuka... Swear to GOD! Look.. LOOK! I just want some cognitive discourse. When did that become a crime anyways? I mean, Iv'e been inside the belly of Satans ___ before and don't plan on rediscovering it again, just for a cheap fucking laugh!  >:( I can play the guitar, after all!

pate

I always find it interesting to note that the Right/Left paradigm in modern political theory has its origins in Français, without getting into all the history of that (for those 'tards among you <the reader> I hear that Google{spit} or a similar search engine that may assist in your edification on this topic) if one translates Right/Left to Français on aurait "Droit/Gauche".

Again, without parsing my thought overmuch with French grammar, acceptable forms of formal writing, etymology, historical events &al... I would like to focus merely on the two words le(les) droit(es) and la(les) gauche(s)

droit in French is similar in meaning to the word "right" in English.  It can indicate a "handed-ness" of a person, or it is legal concept "right-of-way," "rights of MAN", "civil rights" &c. so in that sense droit  is actually an idiomatic word of similar Nature in both French and English but certainly NOT a cognate.

guache, heh on-the-other-hand;  is intardastingly enough quite similar to droit in that it is BOTH an idiom and a cognate.

I leave the logic of the above to the more astute amongst you <the reader>.

Idiots, 'tards &al:  do feel free to treat this post as rhetorical in as many senses as you are able.

Thank you in advance!  It is an honor to swerve.

pate/K_Dubb 2020
"We are going to fix this shit"

ediot:  I believe I get a multiplacatuer de Triple-Entendre for this post, Nautical Shore

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on January 11, 2021, 05:11:45 PM
I always find it interesting to note that the Right/Left paradigm in modern political theory has its origins in Français, without getting into all the history of that (for those 'tards among you <the reader> I hear that Google{spit} or a similar search engine that may assist in your edification on this topic) if one translates Right/Left to Français on aurait "Droit/Gauche".

Again, without parsing my thought overmuch with French grammar, acceptable forms of formal writing, etymology, historical events &al... I would like to focus merely on the two words le(les) droit(es) and la(les) gauche(s)

droit in French is similar in meaning to the word "right" in English.  It can indicate a "handed-ness" of a person, or it is legal concept "right-of-way," "rights of MAN", "civil rights" &c. so in that sense droit  is actually an idiomatic word of similar Nature in both French and English but certainly NOT a cognate.

guache, heh on-the-other-hand;  is intardastingly enough quite similar to droit in that it is BOTH an idiom and a cognate.

I leave the logic of the above to the more astute amongst you <the reader>.

Idiots, 'tards &al:  do feel free to treat this post as rhetorical in as many senses as you are able.

Thank you in advance!  It is an honor to swerve.

pate/K_Dubb 2020
"We are going to fix this shit"

ediot:  I believe I get a multiplacatuer de Triple-Entendre for this post, Nautical Shore

Evil commie faggot. ::)

Asuka Langley

The left are going for a hard communist takeover of the US