• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on September 09, 2019, 11:22:50 PM
One other thought... The Liberals have given 600 million to "trusted" news organizations over the next five years. Is there any chance that newspapers and media outlets profiting to the tune of millions are going to say anything against their new savior?

I have seen my right leaning local paper getting rid of their more vocal right leaning journalists and opinion writers over the last month... I really think that they don't want a Liberal run board (that is who will decide who qualifies for the cash) blacklisting their paper because they decide that they were reporting fake (conservative leaning) news.

I'm getting more and more pissed off. When the government indirectly buys all the newspapers and media in this country, you have to wonder what the hell is next.

Globalism is the attempt by the wealthy elite around the world to bring us back to a ruling class world where they rule, of course. So, it would make sense that a British Commonwealth country’s media would be all-in on that endeavor. They may be an ally but they’re still the enemy as far as I’m concerned. ;)

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on September 09, 2019, 10:44:29 PM
The other thing that will likely hurt him is the revival of the Bloc Qubecois in Quebec. If you follow Canadian politics, you will know that the majority of seats is Ontario and Quebec. The BQ is a separatist (Quebec sovereignty) party, and they generally siphon votes from the right. If they do well this election, it is likely the Sheer will have trouble winning.

Also, the NDP have run a campaign that has been the shambles. Normally, this would make me happy (their leader makes Stalin look like a right wing nut.) However, if he does not take votes form the Liberals, then I believe that we will end up with the male feminist again...

I'm not surprised that people have a very short memory and the outrage has died down over the scandal.

My sister was just on the west coast of America with her kids and she said that when people would say to her that they want to move to Canada because of Trump, she would offer to trade citizenships because of Trudeau.
Out of curiosity is their a "right-wing" pro-Independence Party of any sort? It has struck me that in many, at least modern, circumstances the 'independence' or nationalist parties have been more on the right-wing spectrum- except in Canada and Ireland where they have always had a Leftist bent to their nationalism. In fact the EU, the Democratic media, and Hollywood always promotes in their programming the equation of "nationalism=right-wing" and "extremism." Or even just goes NAZI, NAZI, NAZI...(which had, of course, a lot of leftist economic ideas, especially at the beginning, but is always called "right-wing" these days.) 

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on September 10, 2019, 07:01:33 PM
Out of curiosity is their a "right-wing" pro-Independence Party of any sort? It has struck me that in many, at least modern, circumstances the 'independence' or nationalist parties have been more on the right-wing spectrum- except in Canada and Ireland where they have always had a Leftist bent to their nationalism. In fact the EU, the Democratic media, and Hollywood always promotes in their programming the equation of "nationalism=right-wing" and "extremism." Or even just goes NAZI, NAZI, NAZI...(which had, of course, a lot of leftist economic ideas, especially at the beginning, but is always called "right-wing" these days.)

The BQ in Quebec- but the are a bit of a mix. That said, their voters are more likely to be conservative than left leaning. Mostly french speaking (read white) who want to protect their culture. But they are confined to one province.

We had the Reform party out west- but they merged with the conservatives.

Now we have the People's party of Canada lead by Maxime Bernier. I believe they are running a full slate of candidates. He interests me- but I have two reservations. One of which I'm somewhat ashamed of.

The first is that he ran to lead the Conservative party. When he lost, he quit and formed a new party. In many ways, it seems like a petty, spiteful move. "If you won't elect me, I'm taking my ball and going home" (and going to do as much damage to your likelihood of getting elected as possible.)

Now for the part that I'm somewhat ashamed of. Even if he is the best leader, I will likely have to close my eyes and vote conservative. I hate not voting for the best party or the best man (if the PPC is the best party.) I hate voting "against" something (the Liberals.) I feel like I'm selling out and becoming my father (vote for the party that might win rather than the party you believe in.) However, if Trudeau gets back in with his economic and immigration policies, I'm starting to really get concerned.

My usual attitude is "how much damage can they do in four years?" That was what I said when the NDP got Alberta- and they proved how much. However, this time he has already had 4 years and now the question would have to be "how bad can it get after 8 years?" The answer is that it can get much worse with the building momentum than I would care to admit.

*I will read their platform before the election. They seem like an alternative- but it would be like voting a independent for president. No matter how good he is in comparison to the other two candidates, it's not going to happen. Do you vote for the man you believe in- or for the party that might win? (or perhaps the PPC platform will make me want to vomit and I won't be torn?)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on September 10, 2019, 11:57:02 PM
The BQ in Quebec- but the are a bit of a mix. That said, their voters are more likely to be conservative than left leaning. Mostly french speaking (read white) who want to protect their culture. But they are confined to one province.

We had the Reform party out west- but they merged with the conservatives.

Now we have the People's party of Canada lead by Maxime Bernier. I believe they are running a full slate of candidates. He interests me- but I have two reservations. One of which I'm somewhat ashamed of.

The first is that he ran to lead the Conservative party. When he lost, he quit and formed a new party. In many ways, it seems like a petty, spiteful move. "If you won't elect me, I'm taking my ball and going home" (and going to do as much damage to your likelihood of getting elected as possible.)

Now for the part that I'm somewhat ashamed of. Even if he is the best leader, I will likely have to close my eyes and vote conservative. I hate not voting for the best party or the best man (if the PPC is the best party.) I hate voting "against" something (the Liberals.) I feel like I'm selling out and becoming my father (vote for the party that might win rather than the party you believe in.) However, if Trudeau gets back in with his economic and immigration policies, I'm starting to really get concerned.

My usual attitude is "how much damage can they do in four years?" That was what I said when the NDP got Alberta- and they proved how much. However, this time he has already had 4 years and now the question would have to be "how bad can it get after 8 years?" The answer is that it can get much worse with the building momentum than I would care to admit.

*I will read their platform before the election. They seem like an alternative- but it would be like voting a independent for president. No matter how good he is in comparison to the other two candidates, it's not going to happen. Do you vote for the man you believe in- or for the party that might win? (or perhaps the PPC platform will make me want to vomit and I won't be torn?)

Yes, I agree. He’s definitely the guy with the more Trumpian ideas but fat chance Canadians will vote for him.

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 11, 2019, 01:10:44 AM
Yes, I agree. He’s definitely the guy with the more Trumpian ideas but fat chance Canadians will vote for him.
I read some of his platform and the articles he has published on his personal site from his attempt to win the conservative party. Heaven help me, I might vote for him. 0 % chance of him winning, and probably a 2% chance that he will win a single seat.

But a change has to start somewhere- and the existing options have interested me to the point where I showed up to vote and spoiled my ballot for 2 or 3 federal elections now...

*Is there some way of saying that a Bernier primeministership would still be better than a Clinton presidency?  ;)

albrecht

Regardless of one's thoughts about who, why, who knew, post-911 changes, etc this guy's speech was epic and beautiful. In response to the comments by the 5th Columnist Muslim -and possible illegal due to immigration fraud- Congresswoman.  I was very surprised some media outlets covered it, albeit briefly.

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1171787537142222852/video/1

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on September 11, 2019, 04:56:53 PM
Regardless of one's thoughts about who, why, who knew, post-911 changes, etc this guy's speech was epic and beautiful. In response to the comments by the 5th Columnist Muslim -and possible illegal due to immigration fraud- Congresswoman.  I was very surprised some media outlets covered it, albeit briefly.

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1171787537142222852/video/1
Rush played this today.  Great job.  Omar and her ilk can stick it.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on September 11, 2019, 05:13:30 PM
Rush played this today.  Great job.  Omar and her ilk can stick it.
I caught a few moments today driving and Rush was spot-on criticizing the NYTimes who apparently tweeted that "airplanes targeted the Twin Towers." Like how SUVs do accidents and warm the earth. And guns do school shootings. Etc. He said that they removed the tweet.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on September 11, 2019, 06:04:24 PM
I caught a few moments today driving and Rush was spot-on criticizing the NYTimes who apparently tweeted that "airplanes targeted the Twin Towers." Like how SUVs do accidents and warm the earth. And guns do school shootings. Etc. He said that they removed the tweet.
Right.  The New York Slime.  What a total joke it's become.  Just another propaganda organ, grinding out slime for the extremist wacko left.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on September 11, 2019, 06:20:56 PM
Right.  The New York Slime.  What a total joke it's become.  Just another propaganda organ, grinding out slime for the extremist wacko left.
I have to admit Rush was spot on decades ago when he called out the weird Leftist theory of attributing agency to inanimate objects. And used mockery and humor, often the best way to criticize, their magical thinking.   

Also, it is amazing that the NYTimes, right where the major losses and damage happened, would attribute to planes "targeting" themselves. I hope New Yorkers, because there are some good ones despite popular opinion, were outraged and demand to stop Twittering.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: WOTR on September 11, 2019, 03:11:08 AM
I read some of his platform and the articles he has published on his personal site from his attempt to win the Conservative party. I might vote for him. 0% chance of him winning, and probably a 2% chance that he will win a single seat.

But a change has to start somewhere- and the existing options have interested me to the point where I showed up to vote and spoiled my ballot for 2 or 3 federal elections now...

Bernier showed a lack of judgement when he left the PC's . . . he would have been very effective from within the party, and it would soon be readily apparent that he 'was the party' . . . pride and ego got in the way.  There's not much chance for him in the 'west' at this time. The west just doesn't trust anyone from Quebec, especially someone with a French accent.
The truly disturbing fact is that breach of ethics, groping, lying, obstructing justice, etc. have become acceptable.  Equally disturbing is the cabinet of brain-dead penguins that surround and support this vacuous fool of a PM.  Those brain-dead penguins have less of a grasp of ethics than their leader. 
On another note . . . the west should stop all transfer payments to Ottawa.  What's Ottawa going to do about it?  Kick the west out? Hopefully Quebec will have another vote on separation. Quebec is the tapeworm of Canada . . . contributes nothing, takes everything. Canada is afraid to take the medicine and shit out this parasite . . .
Western separatist here . . .

Kidnostad3

First of the anti-Trump subversives to face prosecution.  There will be more. 

https://youtu.be/3RNW8Qvod8A

Kidnostad3

Did anyone have any doubt at all when eCigs/vaping was first introduced that it would not be used as an illegal substance delivery system?  That was my first thought which I suppose says something about me. 

Jackstar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on September 17, 2019, 11:31:33 AM
an illegal substance delivery system

pretty sure that vitamin E and hand salsa aren't illegal substances, Brainiac

Jackstar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on September 17, 2019, 11:57:54 PM
e-cigs are widely used to do dope

So is tinfoil. Your point is lost.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Jackstar on September 18, 2019, 12:13:34 AM
So is tinfoil. Your point is lost.

Really?  You can't see how one would be preferable to the other?  Naaaah, you're still trying to be cute.

Funny you should bring up tinfoil. 

Jackstar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on September 18, 2019, 12:39:30 AM
You can't see how one would be preferable to the other?

I guess I'm not aware of your original point, as I don't grok what the fuck you are talking about.

If vaping could kill people, it would have killed a lot more than six people, considering that millions of people have been doing it over the last ten years.

albrecht

Prominent Democrat fundraiser and apparent friend to the Clintons, Pelosi, Obama, and others of that ilk arrested after yet another homosexual black man is said to have overdosed in his West Hollywood home! This time the guy did not die from the prominent Democrat's bizarre apparent sexual fetish.  Another Democratic #metoo stuff going down.  I doubt anyone is returning any funds. 

https://ktla.com/2019/09/17/dem-donor-ed-buck-arrested-after-3rd-mans-overdose-charged-with-operating-west-hollywood-drug-house/ 

And the Canadian farce continues: 

https://time.com/5680759/justin-trudeau-brownface-photo/

WOTR

Quote from: Jackstar on September 18, 2019, 12:44:40 AM
I guess I'm not aware of your original point, as I don't grok what the fuck you are talking about.

If vaping could kill people, it would have killed a lot more than six people, considering that millions of people have been doing it over the last ten years.

That is the reason that I get suspicious. 6 people. In Canada, they are talking about banning them, and warning people to "be careful." The total number of deaths directly attributed to e-cigs? 0. Yes, 0 deaths, but we all need to be worried.

I don't believe that puffing glycol can be good for you. But I doubt it puts people at a higher risk than obesity and burger king.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Jackstar on September 18, 2019, 12:44:40 AM

My point is simply that ecigs offer a highly effective and convenient means for doing a variety of drugs in addition to nicotine and that their widespread use as such was predictable.  They are really nothing more functionally than a high tech bong that can be carried in one's pocket.  I have no idea if they kill people or not and I really don't give a shit what you or other adults do with them but it seems apparent that offering tutty-fruity flavors was intended to add to the appeal of vaping to kids.  Of course you might be one of those who enjoy cherry-vanilla flavored vapor yourself.

Jackstar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on September 18, 2019, 09:20:40 PM
My point is simply that ecigs offer a highly effective and convenient means for doing a variety of drugs in addition to nicotine

It doesn't really work that way. One of the first questions I asked as this technology became more commonplace, was "can I put weed in it?" The answer is no, because nicotine is water soluble, and THC is oil soluble. They also have widely different boiling points. The devices that are designed for each compound work quite differently. Of course this did not stop some enterprising degenerates from refilling units with various substances they found in their cupboards and selling them on the black market, which is a rather separate problem.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/wisconsin-brothers-thc-vaping-drug-operation

it seems apparent that offering tutty-fruity flavors was intended to add to the appeal of vaping to kids

I rather think that the flavors are largely meant to appeal to women, and others with child-like minds. In any event, it doesn't matter, as the components for making this stuff are readily available--you'd have better luck banning sugar in order to keep it out of the gas tanks of cars.

you might be one of those who enjoy cherry-vanilla flavored vapor yourself.

I'm a purist.