• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 12, 2019, 02:51:25 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48246821

Whowuddaguessed...Trump is a fucking moron...

That'll be another staffer out on his ear in the not too distant future.

It's meant to make them more expensive, that's the entire point of a tariff. Here is this allegedly successful businessman who doesn't understand what a tariff is. Bloody hell, we've got Falkie in charge.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 12, 2019, 02:59:01 PM
It's meant to make them more expensive, that's the entire point of a tariff. Here is this allegedly successful businessman who doesn't understand what a tariff is. Bloody hell, we've got Falkie in charge.

I said from the start that Senda is the same as Trump with a different pan to shit in. Both babies, both incredibly thin skinned, both misogynists, both whine about it being someone else's fault and how they're the victim, both are cowards, both have sexually assaulted women, both have paid for sex, both have no self awareness whatsoever, both are bullies, both haven't a clue about money or indeed almost anything (Though granted, Senda can read), both are grifters, both are sociopaths, both have temper tantrums, both have no aptitude for any skill, and I'm not sure Trump hasn't been caught wanking.

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 12, 2019, 02:57:54 PM
Okay, now you're just being unkind.
Drops and breaks laptops
E-begs susscribers to pay for his mistake
Overpays for a label-whore laptop when a regular brand laptop would be just as good if not better.
Pretty close if you ask me

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 12, 2019, 03:07:43 PM
I said from the start that Senda is the same as Trump with a different pan to shit in. Both babies, both incredibly thin skinned, both misogynists, both whine about it being someone else's fault and how they're the victim, both are cowards, both have sexually assaulted women, both have paid for sex, both have no self awareness whatsoever, both are bullies, both haven't a clue about money or indeed almost anything (Though granted, Senda can read), both are sociopaths, both have temper tantrums, both have no aptitude for any skill, and I'm not sure Trump hasn't been caught wanking.

He was plunging the toilet, how many times do you need to be told? At least Senda claims to read, something Trump has to be forced to do. Both lived off their parents' money. Senda even has weird hair now, although brushed forward like Julius Caesar with Down's.

WOTR

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 12, 2019, 03:13:10 PM
Senda even has weird hair now, although brushed forward like Julius Caesar with Down's.
Ouch...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: WOTR on May 12, 2019, 04:43:52 PM
Ouch...

I know right, SV is many things, but subtle isn't one of them.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 12, 2019, 10:25:33 AM
I don't recall Clinton or any other politician anywhere on Earth say they loved Kim or his father, apart from Trump.
You don't recall Albright swilling champagne with his dad and gleefully watching military parades? Because they had solved the N.Korea problem and missile development.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 12, 2019, 02:59:01 PM
Granted you wouldn't like it, due to colonial/mercantile/royal interests, but the "American System" was very successful in getting the US to be self-sufficient and make infrastructure, streamline lending and banking, etc. It was even promoted by such luminaries, now more famous, and rapper apparently, Alexander Hamilton. Apparently if a possible mulatto, bastard banker adherent likes tariffs they are "ok" and will even get a musical made about him made wildly popular by Democrats and Leftists who, now, in complete reversals want a new Cold War and hate tariffs!

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on May 12, 2019, 09:08:52 PM
Granted you wouldn't like it, due to colonial/mercantile/royal interests, but the "American System" was very successful in getting the US to be self-sufficient and make infrastructure, streamline lending and banking, etc. It was even promoted by such luminaries, now more famous, and rapper apparently, Alexander Hamilton. Apparently if a possible mulatto, bastard banker adherent likes tariffs they are "ok" and will even get a musical made about him made wildly popular by Democrats and Leftists who, now, in complete reversals want a new Cold War and hate tariffs!

I'm thinking about writing a play entitled  "Hamilton had it Coming--The Aaron Burr Story."

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on May 10, 2019, 04:06:30 PM
I haven't drank alcohol in like seven weeks. I'm not likely to be dancing around a rock from space any time soon though. I can't wait to ask him that over Gatorade.
Way to go.  More pocket money! :)

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 12, 2019, 09:22:11 PM
I'm thinking about writing a play entitled  "Hamilton had it Coming--The Aaron Burr Story."
As a twist change to RAYMOND Burr and get some more court room antics, and Hollywood nostalgia interest,  into the tale!

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on May 12, 2019, 09:27:19 PM
As a twist change to RAYMOND Burr and get some more court room antics, and Hollywood nostalgia interest,  into the tale!

I like it. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on May 12, 2019, 09:08:52 PM

Who do you think pays the tariff? Here's a rundown of imports to the USA.. The USA isn't self sufficient and the firms who import cannot afford it to be if the will was there.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 12, 2019, 09:40:13 PM
Who do you think pays the tariff? Here's a rundown of imports to the USA.. The USA isn't self sufficient and the firms who import cannot afford it to be if the will was there.
I was talking about the "American System" which is an historical record.  In most cases, unlike you Royals, I'm for fair trade and free trade and against tariffs, only pointing out that, historically, there have been instances where they work, as I mentioned the "American System." Of course all costs are passed on. Whether taxes, regulation, tariffs, VAT, duties, etc. Ultimately the consumer pays.

Also, opposed to pure libertarians or pure capitalists, I think there is a place for tariffs and even subsidies for key things necessary, or potentially necessary, for defense or self-preservation.  Certain food production, technical industries, power production etc shouldn't, as it sometimes is now, be reliant on potential enemies or competitors. For decades I've been concerned about medicines and computer technology being build elsewhere and in all our things. I get the "theory" but in reality there is no perfect information in the marketplace and motivations aside from profit that others might have, even if we don't.  WWI disproved the idea that a more integrated international market and investment would prohibit war, which was a popular idea at the time.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on May 12, 2019, 09:04:08 PM
You don't recall Albright swilling champagne with his dad and gleefully watching military parades? Because they had solved the N.Korea problem and missile development.  ;)

Did she also get Clinton to listen to the Russian President who persuaded Clinton to suggest to cancel military exercises with SK with the Pentagon and then Defence sec completely in the dark about it? And if she had, what do you think the then GOP might have said? As they have now? Zilch? And did Clinton write love letters to Kim telling him he should get the beaches developed with real estate?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on May 12, 2019, 09:47:03 PM
I was talking about the "American System" which is an historical record.  In most cases, unlike you Royals, I'm for fair trade and free trade and against tariffs, only pointing out that, historically, there have been instances where they work, as I mentioned the "American System." Of course all costs are passed on. Whether taxes, regulation, tariffs, VAT, duties, etc. Ultimately the consumer pays.

Also, opposed to pure libertarians or pure capitalists, I think there is a place for tariffs and even subsidies for key things necessary, or potentially necessary, for defense or self-preservation.  Certain food production, technical industries, power production etc shouldn't, as it sometimes is now, be reliant on potential enemies or competitors. For decades I've been concerned about medicines and computer technology being build elsewhere and in all our things. I get the "theory" but in reality there is no perfect information in the marketplace and motivations aside from profit that others might have, even if we don't.  WWI disproved the idea that a more integrated international market and investment would prohibit war, which was a popular idea at the time.

What do you mean 'you royals'? It's as silly as me saying you failed businessmen based solely on Trump. The reason chips and circuit boards and nearly every other thing that is powered by electricity are made in South East Asia is cost, reliability of product quality and availability. The R&D might be in Europe or America but the hardware simply cannot be made to a cost that the end product justifies. Sure you can have Iphones made in the USA but the current unit cost to make of about $5 including shipping will be far higher and Apple want to keep that gerzillion percent profit margin.

It's the same with vehicles, and just about anything else. But overseas workers aren't killing jobs in the west, automation is and will continue to do so. Sure you could replicate the plants in SE Asia and emulate the production processes in the US, but they won't be employing workers, they'll be filled with machines making machines, the difference is that the costs would be higher. and the consumer won't or can't pay the difference because their salaries have been flat for years as costs have risen in other areas. 

The sideline and almost forgotten aspect to these new tariffs is that soya farmers cannot sell their soya to China, and China will go elsewhere, meanwhile the farmers are to be subsidised because they can't sell their soya because of the tariffs imposed by Trump to make America more competitive...Essentially the farmers will be working for nothing and bailed out by the taxpayer through no fault of anyone but Trump and his woeful understanding of the REALWORLDâ,,¢.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 12, 2019, 09:50:50 PM
Did she also get Clinton to listen to the Russian President who persuaded Clinton to suggest to cancel military exercises with SK with the Pentagon and then Defence sec completely in the dark about it? And if she had, what do you think the then GOP might have said? As they have now? Zilch? And did Clinton write love letters to Kim telling him he should get the beaches developed with real estate?
Yes, Billary even gifted a "reset button" to the Russians. But there was a problem in translation.  Obama promised "more flexibility" to Putin's henchman after the election. It is unclear whetherObama's hot-mic promise that was related to the future sending millions to the Iranians, Russian allies,) with regard to the Clinton Uranium deal, the "fuck the EU" policy regarding the Ukraine, or what he was promising?  Note even the "fake news" sites covered this stuff.... 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-tells-medvedev-solution-on-missile-defense-is-unlikely-before-elections/2012/03/26/gIQASoblbS_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4d079ed74109
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee4PfhogtdQ 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keXx0zxTarE 

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL_GShyGv3o 

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 12, 2019, 10:08:07 PM
What do you mean 'you royals'? It's as silly as me saying you failed businessmen based solely on Trump. The reason chips and circuit boards and nearly every other thing that is powered by electricity are made in South East Asia is cost, reliability of product quality and availability. The R&D might be in Europe or America but the hardware simply cannot be made to a cost that the end product justifies. Sure you can have Iphones made in the USA but the current unit cost to make of about $5 including shipping will be far higher and Apple want to keep that gerzillion percent profit margin.

It's the same with vehicles, and just about anything else. But overseas workers aren't killing jobs in the west, automation is and will continue to do so. Sure you could replicate the plants in SE Asia and emulate the production processes in the US, but they won't be employing workers, they'll be filled with machines making machines, the difference is that the costs would be higher. and the consumer won't or can't pay the difference because their salaries have been flat for years as costs have risen in other areas. 

The sideline and almost forgotten aspect to these new tariffs is that soya farmers cannot sell their soya to China, and China will go elsewhere, meanwhile the farmers are to be subsidised because they can't sell their soya because of the tariffs imposed by Trump to make America more competitive...Essentially the farmers will be working for nothing and bailed out by the taxpayer through no fault of anyone but Trump and his woeful understanding of the REALWORLDâ,,¢.
My concern is that, as purported at least by Bloomberg and other news outlets, the ability for potential enemies, or at least competitors, to insert backdoors, kill-switches, data-mining programs, etc into the tech we buy from those countries and put even into our military or infrastructure. In the same regard I wonder, as Snowden and others have shown, we do/did the same thing- even back in the day with analog switching via ITT in SA and elsewhere. So everyone does it, to an extent. And relying on potential enemies for your drugs or food seems a bit absurd or potentially dangerous. Even just for common safety (not much checked or verified) but also if something escalates or they decide to use as a weapon. 

Automation should bring jobs home, though not the same jobs. And allow for more domestic production and self-reliance. But as always throughout history will be disruptive and some places, like many Asian countries, with unskilled labor etc might have more of a problem than us (assuming we don't have our open-border policy and import unlimited number of uneducated, unskilled laborers who, suddenly, will be without a potential job.) Even field work (as happened before) and construction being more and more automated. So why do we need to import more labor when we see the future around the corner? Idk except there might be some other agendas or motivations at work. And increasingly even in 'skilled' labor markets automation, computer, etc taking over so interesting times ahead.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 12, 2019, 12:20:29 PM
*Harumph*  Easy, Mad Dog.  The missile was a Trident II D5 launched from the USS Rhode Island submerged off the east coast of Florida and it splashed down no where near N.K.  It was a planned missile test that was preannounced.  Stop listening to Alex Fucking Jones.  *Harumph*

Perfectly ironic that a navy guy doesn’t understand shuttleboat diplomacy. ::)

Maybe you should start listening, moron.

WOTR

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 12, 2019, 09:50:50 PM
Did she also get Clinton to listen to the Russian President who persuaded Clinton to suggest to cancel military exercises with SK
I actually read this as cancelling military exercises with Saskatchewan...  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on May 12, 2019, 11:38:42 PM
I actually read this as cancelling military exercises with Saskatchewan...  ;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Plan_Red 

Oddly I guess we considered Saskatchewan ok and no need to invade it. I laugh though at the counter-strategic plan by the Canucks to seize Albany, Seattle, Great Falls, and Minneapolis!   

Juan

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 12, 2019, 10:23:13 AM
Speaking of love affairs:

Where is Podesta’s right hand?

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Juan on May 13, 2019, 12:58:42 PM
Where is Podesta’s right hand?

He's using it to pick the pocket of the guy to his right.   It's a Democrat thing. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on May 12, 2019, 10:12:18 PM
Yes, Billary even gifted a "reset button" to the Russians. But there was a problem in translation.  Obama promised "more flexibility" to Putin's henchman after the election. It is unclear whetherObama's hot-mic promise that was related to the future sending millions to the Iranians, Russian allies,) with regard to the Clinton Uranium deal, the "fuck the EU" policy regarding the Ukraine, or what he was promising?  Note even the "fake news" sites covered this stuff.... 

As the article says about Obama..it was about a missile defence agreement. Unlike Trump who is so afraid of any meetings with Putin being archived takes the translations and rips them up..when he isn't telling the US transaltor and all the staff to leave the room when he's all cosy woth the man responsible for attacking the US elections and those in NATO countries. Naturally, Trump accepts Putin saying it wasn't him (must be a 400lb kid in his mother's basement right) even though the entire US and NATO intel agencies say otherwise.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 13, 2019, 01:45:04 PM
He's using it to pick the pocket of the guy to his right.   It's a Democrat thing.

You typed that with a straight face? The current POTUS isn't even coy about his cheating, tax dodging, fraud, not paying bills, and just generally being a prick with people he's ever owed money to.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 13, 2019, 05:46:56 PM
You typed that with a straight face? The current POTUS isn't even coy about his cheating, tax dodging, fraud, not paying bills, and just generally being a prick with people he's ever owed money to.

All unfounded allegations from a menopausally hysterical British man.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 13, 2019, 07:41:50 PM
All unfounded allegations from a menopausally hysterical British man.

Psst...you really ought to read something in a medical book or something.. Re: Menopause.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 13, 2019, 05:46:56 PM

You still have no idea of what's going on do you?   This isn't even about Trump anymore--it's about an attempt to fix an election and, that having failed, to execute a coup.  The Dems are in a panic as well they should be.  This is the biggest scandal in American history and it's all about to come crashing down around their ears.  Members of the Obama Administration and certain career civil servants are going to jail for their role in the conspiracy and not for process crimes or unrelated offenses.   I told you how this was going to play out when it all started and so it goes.  But, you keep listening to those in the MSM who aided and abetted the conspirators.  You can handle the embarrassment of being wrong all over again--I know you can. 

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 13, 2019, 08:49:28 PM
Here it comes, Pud. 

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/may/13/john-durham-appointed-william-barr-investigate-rus/
Boom, Boom.  hLet us hope.  I'm still leery of believing that DC will ever honestly investigate itself and punish their own unless it serves to help cover up larger crimes and/or interests. But one can hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUUyFrHERpU