• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

albrecht

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51420373 

Not good. Lots of Chi-coms already attending AG schools and buying up land.

albrecht

"This guy’s not a Barack Obama,” he told reporters. “Barack Obama had laid out a clear vision of what he thought the international society should look like and what the order should be."

Wow. "Order."   From Delaware (where many banks, corps, LlcS, etc set up due to their laws.) 

https://apnews.com/111f8ae7bf4122d690b53a024ef9c457

albrecht

Quote from: albrecht on February 08, 2020, 10:02:57 PM
"This guy’s not a Barack Obama,” he told reporters. “Barack Obama had laid out a clear vision of what he thought the international society should look like and what the order should be."

Wow. "Order."   From Delaware guy (where many banks, corps, Llcs, trusts, etc set up due to their laws. I'm not against using legal ways to avoid, legally, liabilities or taxes, but point out for Democrats.)   

https://apnews.com/111f8ae7bf4122d690b53a024ef9c457

pate

Quote from: Liberace! on February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM
Rather than continue spreading political conversations across other threads, it seems best that we have a centralized location for such discussions.  Sooo... here's the politics thread. 

I'll start.

If Romney is the Republican nominee, there is NO WAY Obama loses in November.  Romney is absolutely unelectable vs. Obama, and I'm sick of this notion that his supposed electability is the reason to support him.  His views are so congruent with those of Obama that I see NO REASON to bother winning in November if he's the nominee, anyway.  I support Ron Paul, although I know he won't be the nominee.  I'd vote for Gingrich if he were on the ballot in November, but I've begun to believe he can't win the nomination.  Santorum is another authoritarian conservative obsessed with gay marriage, but I guess I'd vote for him if he were the nominee.  Yawn.  I'm pretty depressed over the "choices" offered in this primary season.

That's really nice, eMCee!

What I was randomly pontivicafitating(sp) about or about to do so, um.

Um. Um. Oh yeah!

For some reason, from thyme to thyme in my life I like to stop what the what I am doing and look around.  I look around for an American flag, which most-thymes is somewhere in view.  It is sort of like playing "Where's Wlado?" only there are like a billion Wlados, or somethymes just Wlado....

Today I couldn't fynd Wlado in front of "Sam Walton's Club" surely it is because I failed to look up, which I did not do... across the street from that Lodge are a few locations, one a seminary (always has a flag flying on business days, Sunday included) etc...

I did not go into a "find the American flag"-mode on the way home, and I expect if I look around the room I will not find one in any obvious position, but just that moment in front of "Sam Walton's Club" looking around and not seeing an obvious American flag sort of disappointed me.

What sort of Malachy Papers did Nancy rip up the other day anyway?

Axing foar fiend.

-p

Kidnostad3

DOJ will not charge ex-FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe, a frequent Trump target.

I cannot fucking believe this.  Looks like everbody’s going to skate except Trump people. 

The next step for McCabe’s lawyer will be to sue the Government for reinstatement of his status as a federal employee thereby restoring his eligibility for full retirement benefits and for recovery of lost pay from the day he was fired.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/02/14/andrew-mccabe-charge-fbi-role-russia-inquiry/2122250001/

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on February 14, 2020, 12:25:09 PM
DOJ will not charge ex-FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe, a frequent Trump target.

I cannot fucking believe this.  Looks like everbody’s going to skate except Trump people. 

The next step for McCabe’s lawyer will be to sue the Government for reinstatement of his status as a federal employee thereby restoring his eligibility for full retirement benefits and for recovery of lost pay from the day he was fired.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/02/14/andrew-mccabe-charge-fbi-role-russia-inquiry/2122250001/
"Lack of candor," and no punishment if you are a politically connected "Inside the Beltway" operative. Anyone else it is violation 18 U.S. Code § 1001 and can get you more time than many a rapist gets. 

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1001

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on February 14, 2020, 12:51:45 PM
"Lack of candor," and no punishment if you are a politically connected "Inside the Beltway" operative. Anyone else it is violation 18 U.S. Code § 1001 and can get you more time than many a rapist gets. 

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1001

Civil war time yet?

ItsOver

What a bunch of garbage.  Some folks are indeed more equal than others.

Juan

That’s it. I’m going John Galt

pate

My phone number is on both the Missouri AND the Federal "NO CALL" list, yet I always seem to get political texts/phone calls from political candidates that, in my opinion, are "scofflaws."

I haven't looked too deeply into the absolute lettering of either law, but it seems to me that the "spirit" of both is that you don't want un-solicited telephone calls from people (even if they are exempted for political campaigning, which is bs).

So it first pisses me off to get a communication from politicians, then I have a little "fun" writing a quick reply back, for instance today's:

Quote from: Mike Bloomberg's CampaignHi I'm Eddie from Mike Bloomberg's Campaign.  With so much at stake, Americans deserve a Democratic candidate who can beat Donald Trump.  Will you support Mike?

Quote from: pateMissouri NoCall & Federal NoCall list here.  Apparently Mike doesn't respect laws, so emphatically NOPE.  Please remove this number from your list

Sometimes, I get really verbose with them.  Try not to cuss them out, but write a nice screed about;

"violation of the 'spirit' if not the letter of the law,"
"will your candidate show this same level of respect to other US state and federal statutes?"
"the illegal nature of this text guarantees I will NEVER vote for your scofflaw candidate (& party if a party affiliation is included like in Mike's campaign pitch above)"

&tc... hehe.

One campaign apparently didn't "get it":

Quote from: Nicole Galloway's campaign for GovernorH pate, it's Brock with Nicole Galloway's campaign for Governor.  We know that fighting for issues you personally care about is the best way to take back the Governor's Mansion.  Would you be willing to take a quick survey?

Quote from: pateDoes Nicole realize I am on the Missouri "No Call" list?

Not looking good for your campaign in my book.

So no, not interested in your survey, this UNSOLICITED communication violates the spirit of the Missouri "No Call" list, whether the law applies to politicians or not.

Doubt that Nicole will get my vote.

Please remove me from your list & notify whomever you purchased that list from that they are in violation of a Missouri statute.

Okay, thank you and hope we can count on your support for Galloway for Governor!

Quote from: pateREMOVE THIS NUMBER FROM YOUR LIST

Quote from: pateGalloway just lost my vote for anything.  Learn to read & comprehend, you stupid robot.

I also note, that in my recollection NOT ONCE has it been a candidate from any other party than the Democrat Party.

I did once receive a text from Donald Trump, but it was apparently a test of the "Emergency Broadcast System" or something.  It was about as annoying as an Amber Alert, but amusing for some reason.  Maybe it wasn't even a text message, I think it was more like the Amber Alert thing where you couldn't reply to it, Nautical Shore?

I digress.

-p

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Juan on February 14, 2020, 02:28:16 PM
That’s it. I’m going John Galt

That’s the spirit. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 14, 2020, 08:46:39 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd25WXSH-vM
Total Injustice!

I've seen this woman a few times, and I think she's one of the dumbest people FNC has ever employed.  I could randomly choose 20 YouTube political commentators and 19 of them would bring infinitely superior analysis to the table.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Liberace! on February 16, 2020, 03:54:03 AM
I've seen this woman a few times, and I think she's one of the dumbest people FNC has ever employed.  I could randomly choose 20 YouTube political commentators and 19 of them would bring infinitely superior analysis to the table.

Except she’s absolutely right about this. Maybe because it’s such a no-brainer.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 16, 2020, 07:33:53 AM
Except she’s absolutely right about this. Maybe because it’s such a no-brainer.

I don't disagree with what she's saying.  It's just she's not particularly bright.