• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The opposite of things that annoy you

Started by b_dubb, February 07, 2012, 03:10:56 PM

b_dubb

in the interest of playing doppleganger to the "Things that annoy you" thread ... i thought we could have a thread for things we like or appreciate or things we're just thankful for

here goes ...

i'm thankful for my dog and that i had the good luck to go to the animal shelter the day i found here.  i doubt she would've been there long.  she's awesome

BobGrau

Music, whatever ones personal tastes, is genuinely awesome.

(please god don't let this become the 'awesome' thread)

Lovely Bones

Quote from: b_dubb on February 07, 2012, 03:10:56 PM
i'm thankful for my dog and that i had the good luck to go to the animal shelter the day i found here.  i doubt she would've been there long.  she's awesome

Isn't it **awesome** the way rescue dogs somehow know you've rescued them?

I'm thankful for the six dogs we've rescued over the last 19 years as well as for their more fortunate counterparts we've carefully selected from carefully bred litters--and for all the fun we've had training and showing them, hiking in the woods with them, or just hanging out with them in the evenings after dinner.  Almost everything I need to know about a fulfilling life I've learned from our dogs. 

BobGrau

Quote from: Lovely Bones on February 08, 2012, 11:06:27 AM
Almost everything I need to know about a fulfilling life I've learned from our dogs.

Except how to bury your own crap, presumably  8)

Scruff

Great thread - today I'm thankful for my family - it's just one of those weeks where things are rough and you realize how lucky you are.  I know that's corny but hey, just being honest. 

I'm also thankful for beer and hot wings.

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on February 07, 2012, 03:10:56 PM
:) dogs are awesome!

fysisist

some, or even most, dogs are awesome.  others are a total pain in the ass.

b_dubb

Quote from: fysisist on February 09, 2012, 02:07:15 PM
some, or even most, dogs are awesome.  others are a total pain in the ass.

most of these pain-in-the-ass dogs are made so by owners who neglect them.  also ... there are plenty of "breeders" out there who are really just puppy mills.  they churn out dogs that are riddled with illness.  when i see people with "pure bred" dogs i am reminded of all the dogs at shelters who won't get adopted because they don't qualify as a status symbol

Lovely Bones

Quote from: b_dubb on February 09, 2012, 02:26:22 PM

most of these pain-in-the-ass dogs are made so by owners who neglect them.

Yep.  And most of them can be turned around with a little consistency and training--unlike pain-in-the-ass people.  ;)

Eddie Coyle

How this thread has turned into how dogs are cool, but humans generally stink...now that doesn't annoy me.

b_dubb

Hopefully this thread will continue to morph until we reach a poInt where we are all holding hands and singing (to the tune of Kum Bah Yah - sp?) the following:
  Humans kind of suck ...
  Humans kind of suck ...

The General

Humans suck.  Dogs stink.  And this thread blows.

b_dubb

thanks for being clear and concise General

i'm also thankful for being practical enough to teach myself some genuinely useful skills.  i got myself a new contract this morning.  it's a start up incubator with money from a parent corporation.  so i'm optimistic.  at the very least it's a paycheck and an opportunity to learn on someone else's dime

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 10, 2012, 03:11:34 PM

dogs are cool, but humans generally stink...

Ha!  My world view in 25 words or less. 

The General

Quote from: Lovely Bones on February 12, 2012, 09:48:31 AM
I like the ocean. 
Quote from: b_dubb on February 11, 2012, 05:55:50 PM
i like pie
Quote from: Harmness on February 11, 2012, 05:08:24 PM
Horsies rule.

This is interesting.  I just came back from the ocean last night.  My wife and I went to the Oregon coast for my birthday.  We had blueberry pie.  And there were lots of horses. 

b_dubb

Lovely Bones

Quote from: The General on February 12, 2012, 11:11:09 AM
This is interesting.  I just came back from the ocean last night.  My wife and I went to the Oregon coast for my birthday.  We had blueberry pie.  And there were lots of horses.

What, and no invitations for us?  We would have brought presents.