• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Thanks To All of You.

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 11, 2008, 05:44:53 PM

Mike man, you just gotta take it easy and ***This rest of this post has been censored, terminated, and/or removed by one M. Vandeven because A) It goes against his political views, B) He just doesn't agree with it, C) It was derogatory against his sweet pick-up truck, D) Just the knowledge alone that it exists in cyberspace makes it impossible for him to take a proper dump in the morning, or E) All of the above.  Thank you for your time.

Get stuffed, you cunts,
MV***

Centurion73

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on March 11, 2009, 11:16:03 PM
Mike man, you just gotta take it easy and ***This rest of this post has been censored, terminated, and/or removed by one M. Vandeven because A) It goes against his political views, B) He just doesn't agree with it, C) It was derogatory against his sweet pick-up truck, D) Just the knowledge alone that it exists in cyberspace makes it impossible for him to take a proper dump in the morning, or E) All of the above.  Thank you for your time.

Get stuffed, you cunts,
MV***

That is a HOF award winning post!!

EvB

Oh my holy fucking . . . . . .

Dammit Phan, things are not the same here without you!

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on March 11, 2009, 11:33:50 PM
Oh my holy fucking . . . . . .

Dammit Phan, things are not the same here without you!

Yeah Phan, you missed Ev's oral fetish phase and all that, you have to check in more bro.

Quote from: Centurion73 on March 11, 2009, 11:51:00 PM
Yeah Phan, you missed Ev's oral fetish phase and all that, you have to check in more bro.

Kojak & lollipops???

Centurion73

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on March 12, 2009, 06:47:31 PM
Kojak & lollipops???

OK, she is gonna kill me but fuck it, who wants to live forever  :'(
These are her words what am I supposed to think?

EV, you feeling your spring oats or what the last two days?

I gotta tell ya, I was having gag-reflex issues while I did it.

you can all BITE ME!

cum-ad-man flavor

-it just increased my contempt for Dick.

:'(

QuoteI figured if I told you that looking at the poster made me crave a lollipop - well - you KNOW what you'd say!     :o ;D :-*

Damn skippy you know what I say, Who loves ya baby  ;)

Quote from: Centurion73 on March 13, 2009, 07:40:03 PM
OK, she is gonna kill me but fuck it, who wants to live forever  :'(
These are her words what am I supposed to think?

EV, you feeling your spring oats or what the last two days?

I gotta tell ya, I was having gag-reflex issues while I did it.

you can all BITE ME!

cum-ad-man flavor

-it just increased my contempt for Dick.

:'(

Damn skippy you know what I say, Who loves ya baby  ;)

Hehehehe, "spring oats".  The evidence is pretty damning, but if I know EvB, she's got a totally innocent & partially logical explanation for it all.

P.S. - Ev, sorry for us having fun at your expense, but you're in the limelight of our focus, so feel proud and appreciated.

EvB

You are all evil bastards and must be destroyed.

Quote from: EvB on March 13, 2009, 08:03:06 PM
You are all evil bastards and must be destroyed.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA. Perfect.

Centurion73

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on March 13, 2009, 07:59:28 PM
The evidence is pretty damning, but if I know EvB, she's got a totally innocent & partially logical explanation for it all.

More like "pathological"  ;D.

I must admit that she "took" it ALL in dare I say, "good taste?"

Quote from: Centurion73 on March 14, 2009, 07:52:02 AM

I must admit that she "took" it ALL in dare I say, "good taste?"

"By...... God!"

.......that sentence is witty on so many levels, in so many ways.

Centurion73

Quoteauthor=EvB link=topic=1127.msg12374#msg12374 date=1237071398]

If you want it
here it is
come and get it
mmm mmm mmm mmm
make your mind up fast![/color]

I tell you it's a trap Phan, it has to be a trap!

MV/Liberace!

the more recent posts in this thread have prompted some real gut-laughs for me.  thanks for that.  i'm sorry it took so long for me to get around to reading it all.

i will soon have far more time to spend around here.  sorry for my absence.

(not to suggest my PRESENCE is some sort of blessing or something!)

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on March 27, 2009, 12:19:24 AM

i will soon have far more time to spend around here.  sorry for my absence.

It's definitely livelier when you're around, you crazy fuck. I've been listening to your radio shows lately.  You make Rush look like a pussy.

EvB

Okay then -- I'll suggest it!

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on March 27, 2009, 02:16:40 AM
It's definitely livelier when you're around, you crazy fuck. I've been listening to your radio shows lately.  You make Rush look like a pussy.

MV reminds me of Rush with a sense of humility. He's still blunt and brash, but he injects humor constantly about the show's professionalism - which is also funny to me because in comparison to 99% of internet radio, his show sounds like one of the very few top 1% to me. But, hearing a guy tell you he's doing a radio show with dirty underwear on the floor is something you never really hear. Haha.

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on March 28, 2009, 04:51:34 PM
MV reminds me of Rush with a sense of humility. He's still blunt and brash, but he injects humor constantly about the show's professionalism - which is also funny to me because in comparison to 99% of internet radio, his show sounds like one of the very few top 1% to me. But, hearing a guy tell you he's doing a radio show with dirty underwear on the floor is something you never really hear. Haha.

Yeah, he makes me think of Rush too.  MV's got a wicked radio voice.  It's stuff like the underwear dealy AND the fact that he's got that humility factor.  The way he navigates the two different aspect is funny shit.

MV/Liberace!

i just realized that we recently passed 3 million page views (3,036,903). WOW.  just think of the pennies i could have made if i'd only slopped up the site with ads this whole time.

i currently subscribe to XM satellite radio (vehicle only), as well as the "streamlink" service.

however, during my commute, i more frequently listen to the coastgab stream... i find it to be the least frustrating option, ironically it'e the only one i don't pay for. it also sounds just as good on my car stereo as either of the other two services! And I have done some critical listening to these three feeds trying to isolate intermittent clicks and pops that are present in many somewhere in time broadcasts.

another thing, i can't take those four same pseudo-jazz fusion songs that keep playing on streamlink during commercials... i feel like i spend more time hearing those songs than i do hearing program content. the commercials on XM are worse, as soon as the bumper music goes out to commercial, you get an earful of shitty chug-chug guitar and rat tat tat tat snare. it's like metallica showed up to ruin my birthday party every time. It's like a drunk russian man with a bad attitude and soiled clothing has taken over my radio. At which point I almost always select my phone as an auxiliary bluetooth input and then hit the coastgab link on my home page...

I truly appreciate the stream as a sane alternative to the potentially dangerous and illegal reaction that may have otherwise occured.

Chupacabra

well thank you for creating a place for c2c am fans to express their love for c2c am and all the good memories and chills it gave us late at nite..

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: guildnavigator on December 10, 2010, 06:01:00 PM
And I have done some critical listening to these three feeds trying to isolate intermittent clicks and pops that are present in many somewhere in time broadcasts.
from what i've noticed, those clicks are present in ALL of the "somewhere in time" replays.  i think they've been artificially introduced into the audio by premiere.  why?  i have no clue.  audio has been commonly recorded digitally for 15 years now.  there's just no way they were recording art's old shows on a dictabelt.

Quote from: MV on December 10, 2010, 11:56:25 PM
And I have done some critical listening to these three feeds trying to isolate intermittent clicks and pops that are present in many somewhere in time broadcasts.
from what i've noticed, those clicks are present in ALL of the "somewhere in time" replays.  i think they've been artificially introduced into the audio by premiere.  why?  i have no clue.  audio has been commonly recorded digitally for 15 years now.  there's just no way they were recording art's old shows on a dictabelt.

i agree, it sounds like an engineer at premiere has stopped listening or caring about that sort of thing a long time ago... it doesn't happen during live broadcasts, but anything rebroadcast seems to.

almost sounds typical of a free trial plugin that leaves a watermark in the audio, which i'd doubt in favor of the theory that they are converting them in a way that leaves this... I have never worked with a piece of audio that was more than an hour or so in length, and if they are working on something 4 hours long i'd imagine some heavy rendering that could leave that type of shit behind. at which point laziness becomes the culprit for not wanting to split, render and merge more than one file, right?

in any case, it sounds unprofessional... they need to check their drivers and latency settings...

sherry440

I would be a member in the Michael Van. fan club!! He alone is supporting our Art Bell addiction with 24/7 streams and (hopefully) getting the message to Premiere. George Knapp seems the closest in intellectual capacity to run a decent interview. Noory could (possibly) be helped if they'd train him in ACTIVE LISTENING, whereby the journalist tags the next question to part of what was just stated prior. Art was a master at this. Noory unfortunately can only revert to his list of 20 questions, so the interview never develops on a continuing thread, but just jumps around randomly. He quite frankly isn't smart enough to understand what was just said, let alone continue it.

Q. Since C2C has been ruined by Noory, I've recently discovered one other brilliant guy: Doug MacIntyre--Redeye Radio--anyone heard him?

Q. Does anyone know when Art will host next??

Q. In addition to Noory's inane interviewing, have you noticed he prefers the WORST examples of bubblegum love song bumper music? Completely inappropriate to topics and musically, some of the worst examples of musicianship.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: sherry440 on December 11, 2010, 10:50:30 AM

Q. In addition to Noory's inane interviewing, have you noticed he prefers the WORST examples of bubblegum love song bumper music? Completely inappropriate to topics and musically, some of the worst examples of musicianship.

Art single-handedly created a "theme" throughout the show with his choice of bumper music, which added a huge dimension of entertainment.  Noory wants to "create an aura of mystery" by playing music for no reason at all.

I wouldn't worry about the page views or posts. The thing about this board, and the reason it's one of the few boards I visit, is that the posts are generally well thought out and readable. I would rather come here with 50K views than go somewhere with 5 million separate posts, 90% of which are in all caps or free of any intelligible grammar or punctuation.

seven7

Quote from: Marc Knight on December 11, 2010, 01:07:58 PM

Art single-handedly created a "theme" throughout the show with his choice of bumper music, which added a huge dimension of entertainment.  Noory wants to "create an aura of mystery" by playing music for no reason at all.

And what about his "Emerging artists" he has on his Sunday shows? 
Is it just me, or do they all reek like the dead animal Noory wears on his head?

starrmtn001

And thank you MV for giving us a place to post.

I love coming here, not just because CoastGab is cool, but because the members of CoastGab are cool.

Good work MV.  You ROCK!!!  8)

Quote from: seven7 on December 12, 2010, 01:59:22 AM
Quote from: Marc Knight on December 11, 2010, 01:07:58 PM

And what about his "Emerging artists" he has on his Sunday shows? 
Is it just me, or do they all reek like the dead animal Noory wears on his head?

Emerging artists is bullshit, I'd rather hear a regular report on something that's actually interesting during that time.

How about doing something GOOD on a regular basis?

And his bumpers are fucking terrible, I have always thought it should be a rule, no modern American pop music should be played...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b_dubb

just curious ... what are you using to capture metrics for the site?  google tools?  server statistics package?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: guildnavigator on December 11, 2010, 01:43:47 AM
Quote from: MV on December 10, 2010, 11:56:25 PM

i agree, it sounds like an engineer at premiere has stopped listening or caring about that sort of thing a long time ago... it doesn't happen during live broadcasts, but anything rebroadcast seems to.

almost sounds typical of a free trial plugin that leaves a watermark in the audio, which i'd doubt in favor of the theory that they are converting them in a way that leaves this... I have never worked with a piece of audio that was more than an hour or so in length, and if they are working on something 4 hours long i'd imagine some heavy rendering that could leave that type of shit behind. at which point laziness becomes the culprit for not wanting to split, render and merge more than one file, right?

in any case, it sounds unprofessional... they need to check their drivers and latency settings...
these days, recording/processing/editing/manipulating an audio recording exceeding 24 hours in length is no problem.  at all.