• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Douglas Dietrich

Started by DangerousBlossom, November 12, 2011, 02:55:11 AM

Douglas Dietrich is my favorite caller.  He talks a mile a minute about obscure historical subjects.  I don't have a clue about the truth of much of what he says but, believe it or not, when he talks about something I am personally familiar with, he is totally correct!  He is going to be a guest this Sunday with John Wells.  I bet he will confuse Wells tho.  Wells  seems not so sharp.

SgtRocko

Listening to him right now... some pretty extensive claims...

One thing that he has VERY GLARINGLY wrong is about Birobidzhan.  It was founded by the SOVIETS in the mid 1930s as a counter to Zionism.  It is indeed a Yiddish-speaking enclave, but it was never a scientific centre of any sort, and those who went there tended to be ardent Communists or people trying to get to the relatively better pay and conditions offered to those moving there.  By the time WWII started, the leadership had been as devastated by Stalin's purges as the rest of the Soviet Union.  There was no connection to Japan, it was Soviet territory, and there was no nuclear programme being carried on there.

Sorry... I lived there for 2 years in the 80s, and I still have relatives there.  I think they might've noticed if all that stuff went on.

Quote from: SgtRocko on November 14, 2011, 02:01:27 AM
Listening to him right now... some pretty extensive claims...

One thing that he has VERY GLARINGLY wrong is about Birobidzhan.

Anyone else have any info on his other claims?   The sex abuse scandal in the Presidio matches what I have heard (also from people there at the time).

Avi

Well, his website is a manic presentation of numerous poorly-related concepts, but he seems to have an obsession with "race." He even identifies one person as a "mulatto (Italian/Liberian)." Of course, he devotes many paragraphs to the survival of 'Nat-zism (his spelling),' underground. No, not secretly - literally, in underground cave bunkers. Oh, dear. But if that isn't enough, the Commies were behind the promotion of Voodoo and zombie-ism in the Caribbean. And to top it all off, Dietrich was himself single-handedly responsible for ending Gulf War I. And he goes on...and on. If you like Satanism and STDs, he's got it. Need a Zionist tie-in to make your life complete? He's got it. Aliens? You bet. Political intrigue? Of course. Secret documents? Naturally. He even makes himself out to be a librarian, which I always thought required an MLS degree - but obviously, an exception was made in Dietrich's special case. Uh-huh. I love his mispronunciations, too. Did you know that Diane Feinstein is a secret Albanian? She didn't either.

It sounds to me like the man needs to get back on his lithium, seek therapy. His pressured speech and weird giggling, such as when he talks about homeless veterans, was most odd. Plainly Koo-koo.

Quote from: Avi on November 14, 2011, 12:10:44 PM
If you like Satanism and STDs, he's got it. Need a Zionist tie-in to make your life complete? He's got it. Aliens? You bet.

(singing - you've been warned)

"The devil and STDs,
go together like the birds and bees..."

That's all I have - I'm a math and people guy, not a singer.

On the topic of ethnic mixtures, I'm half Italian and half Polish, which means I am incredibly passionate about things, but have no idea why.  :)

Cplus

At one point he referred to Secretary of War Hap Arnold.
Even though he became a 5-star general, Arnold was 2 levels below the Secretary of War, who was Stimson.
Arnold never held a position outside the military.

Usagi

I was curious if this dude is as nutty as the five minutes I caught last night indicated - looks like he is!  First, I had to keep switching the show on and off... literally every time I turned it on, I hear the phrase "child molestation."  I've heard enough of that in the past week to last me a lifetime and I just wasn't interested.  His discussion of whatever that was never seemed to end.  Then, I try the show again before I had to leave the radio and he's going on about Majors in the army having a secret "coven" limited to some government building due to the ritual book being a historical document.  Hell if I know. 

I was hoping for a Valdez summary, actually.  ;)  I shouldn't take those for granted!

In any case, the kook seemed to distract from Noory.

b_dubb

i thought dietrich was entertaining.  clearly mad.  but entertaining.  Japan had working atomic weapons?  i don't think so

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Flaxen Hegemony on November 14, 2011, 12:43:34 PM

On the topic of ethnic mixtures, I'm half Italian and half Polish, which means I am incredibly passionate about things, but have no idea why.  :)

Time for lame attempts at ethnic humor?  I'm half German and half Polish, which means I'm incredibly stubborn about things, but have no idea why.   ;)  Even worse than your lot in life. 

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Usagi on November 14, 2011, 06:13:03 PM

I was hoping for a Valdez summary, actually.  ;)  I shouldn't take those for granted!

In any case, the kook seemed to distract from Noory.

Well, we did get a bonus Valdez summary on the Hosts page, given to a new poster to explain why we're so anti-George around these parts.

As usual, it's a keeper. 

Usagi

Quote from: Lovely Bones on November 14, 2011, 06:52:51 PM
Well, we did get a bonus Valdez summary on the Hosts page, given to a new poster to explain why we're so anti-George around these parts.

As usual, it's a keeper.

;D

If time is supposedly money, then Snoory owes me a fuck load of a lot more than 10 bucks.

b_dubb

Usagi

Quote from: b_dubb on November 14, 2011, 07:35:55 PM
why is this guy dressed up like a boy scout? 
http://www.douglasdietrich.com/Douglas_incinerator_v1.jpg

he's a nutter

That's him?! Hoooly crap.  I realize this is the least of this guys problems, but... what's up with the Kim Jong-il polyester shirt?

Usagi

And what the hell is in his mouth?  Good lord, I can't get this image out of my head.  Seriously.

Tara

Quote from: Lovely Bones on November 14, 2011, 06:51:24 PM
Time for lame attempts at ethnic humor?  I'm half German and half Polish, which means I'm incredibly stubborn about things, but have no idea why.   ;)  Even worse than your lot in life.

I'm really all Polish and know for sure that GEORGE NOORY SUCKS !

b_dubb

douggy says that japan had 'hundreds' of bombers that were capable of flying from tokyo to ny city during wwii.  do you think if Art were conducting this interview that he would have called BULLSHIT on this tool and shut his ass down?  before the fool can plug his fucking dvd again?!!

Quote from: Avi on November 14, 2011, 12:10:44 PM
he seems to have an obsession with "race." ...  Plainly Koo-koo.
Oh, you’re too harsh!  I like this guy.  Of course he is eccentric.  Also trying to make a living on the paranormal/conspiracy lecture tour.  I am pretty sure the everyone having atomic bombs thing was wrong.  Big explosion does not equal atomic bomb.  The Nazi UFO stuff is almost definitely wrong.  I think he was repeating stuff he heard from others to fill-out what he did in fact know (and to make his tales more entertaining).  He should have separated out stuff he personally observed from speculation.  Still, his old time calls did have a lot of (probably) true info (by c2c standards).  Call me a fool, but he also seems like a nice guy it would be fun to have lunch with.

As for race, mixed race people often do think more about race than others.  People living in very multi-ethnic areas do too.  DD is in both categories.  If he just talked about race, I bet he would have some great reflections -- but it would never get on the air.

Personally, I hope he is a guest again!  And I like his voice.

Quote from: Usagi on November 14, 2011, 09:04:58 PM
And what the hell is in his mouth?  Good lord, I can't get this image out of my head.  Seriously.

By San Francisco standards, this is pretty conservative.  But scratch the lunch idea.

KnyeGuy

Dietrich is a little out there to say the least, but he was entertaining to listen to. Of course, any show without Noory or Punnet could just appeal to me because of their absence.
It sure as hell beats the infomercial with the 'chicken soup for the soul' guys tonight. I would rather listen to Hoagland ramble on about the evidence of C3PO type androids on Mars (..can't remember the exact details of that particular show, but it was hilarious).

The guest list on C2C is sadly getting worse every year...

Woody Duke

This complete idiot should only be allowed to speak in the rec room at the asylum. The notion of Japan with nukes is ludicrous beyond description. If you have any comprehension of the Japanese military mindset in WW2, you must realize that they would have used them instantly without reservation. The fact that Hawaii and the west coast were not glowing heaps of radioactive rubble in 1946 is proof of the lunacy of this moron.

beachcomber

Dietrich made reference to this photo of Gen. Douglas MacArthur onboard the Missouri at the Japanese surrender ceremony.

That flag... Dietrich claimed MacArthur had it made special and brought by a courier for the proceedings.

36 stars (Dietrich claimed they were inverted and implied Satanist symbolism). Reversed field?
Is there an explanation for that little WTF?

Avi

Quote from: beachcomber on November 15, 2011, 03:38:33 PM
Dietrich made reference to this photo of Gen. Douglas MacArthur onboard the Missouri at the Japanese surrender ceremony.

That flag... Dietrich claimed MacArthur had it made special and brought by a courier for the proceedings.
36 stars (Dietrich claimed they were inverted and implied Satanist symbolism). Reversed field?
Is there an explanation for that little WTF?

If you count carefully, you will note that there are 31 stars on this flag. It was an historic flag, originally used by Commodore Matthew Perry, in 1853. The repairs enacted on the cloth necessitated that it be displayed in reverse. Perry was the captain who sailed into Tokyo bay, advising the Japanese to open their ports to American trade, nearly one hundred years prior to the Japanese surrender in WW II. MacArthur had nothing to do with it. Dietrich can't count.

Usagi

Quote from: Avi on November 15, 2011, 05:20:32 PM
If you count carefully, you will note that there are 31 stars on this flag. It was an historic flag, originally used by Commodore Matthew Perry, in 1853. The repairs enacted on the cloth necessitated that it be displayed in reverse. Perry was the captain who sailed into Tokyo bay, advising the Japanese to open their ports to American trade, nearly one hundred years prior to the Japanese surrender in WW II. MacArthur had nothing to do with it. Dietrich can't count.

Thanks for that, Avi!  Amazing what 5 minutes of research and not being insane can do.

Quote from: Usagi on November 14, 2011, 09:04:58 PM

I believe it is a cross on a chain.

Avi

Quote from: Usagi on November 15, 2011, 07:03:36 PM
Thanks for that, Avi!  Amazing what 5 minutes of research and not being insane can do.

Who says I'm not insane?

Cplus

Quote from: Avi on November 15, 2011, 05:20:32 PM
Intriguing how some forum members like Avi are motivated to unearth  really interesting history by the lunatic ravings of various Coast guests.

Usagi

Quote from: Avi on November 15, 2011, 07:52:41 PM
Who says I'm not insane?

Do you have a non-sarcastic photo of yourself on your website that looks like this?

Avi

Quote from: Usagi on November 15, 2011, 08:05:33 PM
Do you have a non-sarcastic photo of yourself on your website that looks like this?

It's all so symbolic an' shit, isn't it? Well, give me some time. I think I can beat him.

You know, I thought the most entertaining part of his spiel was when he talked about why there was such a backlog of documents needing to be destroyed when he came to the Presidio. He said that the librarian in charge of said task came to work drunk (after a night of partying with the Satanists, no doubt), and in his intoxicated state, he fell into the incinerator and was consumed. Afterward, no one could bear to confront the dreaded Incinerator of Death until Rambo Dietrich was hired. Now that, was darned entertaining.

SgtRocko

He WAS a hoot - and SO much more entertaining (and yes, interesting) than Mr. Positive Belly Button Thinking or whoever that was last night (I lasted 3 minutes before Squidbillies called my name).  He's the sort I listen to C2CAM for - interesting but most likely a crackpot.  Lunatic.  Nutter.  Sputnik-jumper.  (or all of the above). 

I forgot about the flag - they used the flag Commodore Perry took with him when he opened Japan to the West in 1853.  Very symbolic - sadly for Dougie, symbolic for actual historic reasons, rather than "a fallback ruse" (WTF? "Oh, we couldn't sign the treated, the flag had the wrong stars, and everyone knows it's the FLAG flying and not the signatures and wording of a treaty that counts... oh, and isn't MacCarthur wearing penny loafers?  NO?  Treaty invalid!").

I'm Jewish and Italian - so I know fantastic food but am not allowed to eat it...