• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Know about heavy metal music? HELP ME.

Started by guildnavigator, October 29, 2011, 11:22:35 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: BobGrau on March 06, 2012, 07:31:49 AM
Anaal Nathrakh- Do Not Speak

i'm sitting here with my friend who is an expert in metal music, and he says the production quality on this is shite.  what say you?

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 13, 2012, 08:49:12 PM

i'm sitting here with my friend who is an expert in metal music, and he says the production quality on this is shite.  what say you?

haahahaha

metal and all rock music with vocals is a battle for the midrange...

sometimes that battle is won!

sometimes it is LOST! hahah!! HAHA!

BobGrau

I'm not an expert on metal or sound production, I'm one of those 'I know wot I like' types.  :P

Anyway, I prefer breakcore

toxic jungle- DOORMOUSE

Kaiborg

As an audio engineer, A&R person, and Metal expert...  the production there is fine.  I mean, it's acceptable and professional, and unless your friend is regularly producing/engineering records that are being released on Metal Blade or some other label of note...  Then you can probably safely tell him to STFU   8)  It's probably not his exact "taste", but mixing an album is very subjective.  A lot of metalheads, being intelligent-enough types, fall victim to "armchair quarterback" syndrome.  I used to have a job that was screening music demos full time.  The production here probably isn't great, but it's not lacking.  It get's a lot worse.

ziznak

Quote from: thefamilyghost on April 08, 2012, 07:30:00 PM
Hate to be the metal elitist of the thread, but black metal isn't heavy. Unless you're joking...in which case, you got me.

Good metal bands:

Morbid Angel
Nile
Cryptopsy
Origin
Death
thats my kinda list there!!! cept i'd like Carcass on it... loved them guys... and deicide and cannibal corpse... good stuff

Quote from: ziznak on April 20, 2012, 03:45:26 AM
thats my kinda list there!!! cept i'd like Carcass on it... loved them guys... and deicide and cannibal corpse... good stuff
Deicide and Cannibal Corpse are great :)

Kaiborg

Bam.  If you're into metal in the least, I'd love to know what you think of this track...

http://youtu.be/AGNfyWKl2WQ

Quote from: Kaiborg on April 22, 2012, 08:37:47 PM
Bam.  If you're into metal in the least, I'd love to know what you think of this track...

Nice use of the old Fleischer Superman cartoon in the video.

Mels-hole1984

I just found this thread but I figured I'd throw in my 2 cents ....Here's some fucking metal ! I've always been a diehard Slayer fan. You can't destroy the metal Slayer - At Dawn They Sleep