• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Stream! (No longer in service)

Started by fromwomewhere outthere, October 01, 2011, 11:51:55 PM

linden2k

Quote from: Sardondi on January 15, 2013, 10:35:35 AM
Quite literal lulz from me. I was wondering when your tank of patience and gracious generosity would run a little dry there. From me and hundreds, thousands like me, thanks for everything you do.
Thanks! I had someone on Facebook ask me recently if I could send out email alerts when certain shows come on.

Mels-hole1984

Good show on right now...G.I.S EVPs 2002...classic, I remember hearing this live.

hanhepi wi

Quote from: linden2k on January 09, 2013, 10:15:54 AM
Anyone see Art's facebook post about his non-compete contract expiring, making him a free agent?   

it would be grand to have Art Bell back on the radio to address our current times.  so much is going on and so little common sense.

zeebo

Quote from: DAE on November 13, 2012, 08:53:05 PM
Listening to Art right now with Michio Kaku.  A thought came to me.... there is no way that George Noory could have a proper intelligent conversation with Michio in the similar manner that Art can.

Just came across this as I'm new and reading back aways in threads, and had to respond in wholehearted agreement on this.  I was listening some time ago to an old show with Art and Michio about the early days of nuclear physics research, and the whole thing, every minute, was compelling and fascinating.  Michio with great stories and explanations, Art with great questions and conversation flow. 

It wasn't just that Art has the intellectual capacity and background knowledge to engage with Michio, it was that Art was genuinely interested, and that core curiousity is contagious and gets you to follow along on that path of discovery.  GN often seems uninterested or unable to engage with such a guest at a high level for whatever reason.  Anyway it was really a cool show that illustrated how a great knowledgable guest can be part of great radio with a pro like Art, instead of mostly wasted with a host like GN (as I've heard several times).

svenn

linden2k - thank you so much. i just downloaded tunein radio to my iphone and now have art whenever i need a fix. absolutely wonderful - until, of course, we get to take that ride LIVE from the high desert again. you have performed a tremendous service. again, thanks.

linden2k

Quote from: svenn on January 15, 2013, 08:55:37 PM
linden2k - thank you so much. i just downloaded tunein radio to my iphone and now have art whenever i need a fix. absolutely wonderful - until, of course, we get to take that ride LIVE from the high desert again. you have performed a tremendous service. again, thanks.
Thanks! Glad to hear it! Tunein is a great app.

Insanity

I just wanted to give you a heads up, parts of the same show just repeated a few times and then the site stoped working. Not sure if it's my end or yours.

linden2k

Quote from: Insanity on January 16, 2013, 06:40:33 PM
I just wanted to give you a heads up, parts of the same show just repeated a few times and then the site stoped working. Not sure if it's my end or yours.
We haven't had any other listeners report issues. Is it working for you now? Everything appears to be ok at the moment. :)

MV/Liberace!

hey linden... is it possible you could drive to my home with a yellow wifi radio, prop it up on the window ledge, and tune in the fine art stream for me? 

you rock man. 

oh, and if you don't mind, shoot me an email about 24 hours before you make the trip... you know... to give me a heads-up you're coming.

thanks again for the stream!

linden2k

Quote from: MV on January 17, 2013, 08:28:33 PM
hey linden... is it possible you could drive to my home with a yellow wifi radio, prop it up on the window ledge, and tune in the fine art stream for me? 

you rock man. 

oh, and if you don't mind, shoot me an email about 24 hours before you make the trip... you know... to give me a heads-up you're coming.

thanks again for the stream!

Evidently u7 doesn't even bother picking their own shows. He's streaming us.  Luckily our tags all have Fine Art on me somewhere.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: linden2k on January 17, 2013, 08:55:26 PM

Evidently u7 doesn't even bother picking their own shows. He's streaming us.  Luckily our tags all have Fine Art on me somewhere.

there should be a setting in your shoutcast server to disable relaying (if that's how he's doing it).

that guy is a douche peddling a substandard stream for people who don't know you've got the best playlist.

linden2k

Quote from: MV on January 17, 2013, 09:32:58 PM

there should be a setting in your shoutcast server to disable relaying (if that's how he's doing it).

that guy is a douche peddling a substandard stream for people who don't know you've got the best playlist.
Disabled. We're going down for a few, people!

How is the stream going? Lots of listeners?  I find myself listening every night.

linden2k

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on January 17, 2013, 10:21:22 PM
How is the stream going? Lots of listeners?  I find myself listening every night.
Over 1,000 last night!

popple

That's a nice #  ;)

I turn the stream on many times during the day. I sent the link to a friend in another busy forum, and I hope more people clicked it too.

Insanity

Quote from: linden2k on January 17, 2013, 10:04:50 AM
We haven't had any other listeners report issues. Is it working for you now? Everything appears to be ok at the moment. :)

It started working after about an hour after the incident. I think something might have gone wonkey with my computer.
I find myself listening to this thing any time i'm on the computer, and when I go to bed. It's addicting. :P

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: linden2k on January 17, 2013, 10:25:54 PM
You rule, Michael!

looks like his wings got clipped because he's not even listed on shoutcast now. muahahahahhahaha.

linden2k

Quote from: MV on January 18, 2013, 12:48:46 AM

looks like his wings got clipped because he's not even listed on shoutcast now. muahahahahhahaha.
Yeah, I changed the settings, restarted the server and he was gone immediately. Tango down!

jazmunda

Quote from: linden2k on January 18, 2013, 01:56:13 AM
Yeah, I changed the settings, restarted the server and he was gone immediately. Tango down!

I saw on Facebook and Twitter he was asking for donations as server costs were due and then he said he came up short and the stream would be closed down until he got paid and was able to cover the server costs. Timing seems to be a coincidence or is it?

linden2k

Quote from: jazmunda on January 18, 2013, 06:48:12 AM
I saw on Facebook and Twitter he was asking for donations as server costs were due and then he said he came up short and the stream would be closed down until he got paid and was able to cover the server costs. Timing seems to be a coincidence or is it?
Yeah, I think he was down before that before he started relaying fine art. He was down seconds later after relaying was disabled.

DAE

Quote from: zeebo on January 15, 2013, 08:39:35 PM
GN often seems uninterested or unable to engage with such a guest at a high level for whatever reason. 

GN clearly lacks a certain level of intelligence.  Even if he doesn't understand the topic, he could at least listen better and learn.  And thus his questions would reflect that.  It seems when George has the chance to advance a discussion he defaults back to some silly hypothetical question or topic change on his cue cards. 

A few weeks ago I was listening to Art talk to Hoagland about the water on Mars.  Hoagland mentioned that the water could resurface again.  Art used his brain and asked if the water would resurface due to atmospheric pressure, to which Hoagland clarified and said no, due to temperature.  GN would never be able to use his brain in such a conversational manner.

I think GN acts uninterested simply because he is sticking to cue cards, versus listening and learning.  Proof of this is he doesn't seem to gain any insight or intelligence over time.... always remains as a beginner with each and every interview.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on January 18, 2013, 06:48:12 AM

i can't imagine why he can't afford it.  when i was streaming art's old shows, i paid about $9 per month for unlimited listeners.  streaming audio was expensive 10 years ago.  not today.

linden2k

Quote from: MV on January 18, 2013, 11:20:09 AM

i can't imagine why he can't afford it.  when i was streaming art's old shows, i paid about $9 per month for unlimited listeners.  streaming audio was expensive 10 years ago.  not today.
Bath salts aren't free.

azcritic

Wow, it would be nice if someone actually posted a link to the stream. Come on people. Geeze.

lonevoice

Quote from: azcritic on January 18, 2013, 04:13:30 PM
Wow, it would be nice if someone actually posted a link to the stream. Come on people. Geeze.
Whatever you do, do not go to the first post on this thread to see the link.   Don't even think about it.

ChewMouse

Quote from: lonevoice on January 18, 2013, 04:16:04 PM
Whatever you do, do not go to the first post on this thread to see the link.   Don't even think about it.
And do NOT look at the line below the header of every single one of the million pages on CoastGab! Don't look!

Quote from: azcritic on January 18, 2013, 04:13:30 PM

Please, do not do a Google search for "Art Bell Stream" and click the first link in the search.  Nope, do not try that, do not.

Also: http://www.fineartstream.com/ (do not click this link unless you want to be taken DIRECTLY to the Art Bell stream.)