• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Stream! (No longer in service)

Started by fromwomewhere outthere, October 01, 2011, 11:51:55 PM

timpate

Throw the stream up on that shit of a web site streamerp2p.com. Someone needs to do a stream and not list it.

Clear Channel should  be worrying about the crap that's coming over the airwaves now, instead of fifteen year old shows. Maybe it's the contrast in quality between Art's old shows and Noory's lame ass efforts they don't want their audience to hear.

MV/Liberace!

Linden... since u can't stream art any longer, you should consider filling the void by streaming rusty humphries.

Only kidding (if it wasn't obvious).

jazmunda

Hey linden instead of writing The End on fineartstream.com you should have put up the following quote from Art:

"The wind no longer blows, in the End it was Without Direction. Long live the Hot Air. 30" --- Art Bell, October 2010 (the day radio died).

linden2k

Quote from: MV on June 20, 2013, 07:34:35 AM
Linden... since u can't stream art any longer, you should consider filling the void by streaming rusty humphries.

I had never heard of him until now. The guy's worth streaming for his name alone.

linden2k

Quote from: jazmunda on June 20, 2013, 07:42:31 AM
Hey linden instead of writing The End on fineartstream.com you should have put up the following quote from Art:

"The wind no longer blows, in the End it was Without Direction. Long live the Hot Air. 30" --- Art Bell, October 2010 (the day radio died).

I'll tell you what blows. U7. That guy's still playing the same 5 shows with Michael's original promos from the old coastgab stream.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: linden2k on June 20, 2013, 11:04:10 AM
I'll tell you what blows. U7. That guy's still playing the same 5 shows with Michael's original promos from the old coastgab stream.

he really is a useless pile of shit.

NoMoreNoory

Seconding everything posted above. Shock, dismay and a sense of bereavement here this morning. Fuck Clear Channel. And fuck George Noory. No doubt his paw prints are all over this. The contrast between him and Art grew sharper and sharper. Not, of course, because Art gets any better but simply because The Snooron gets worse and worse and worse and worse and worse. And then a bit worse.
An email has been sent to The Douchebag which will, of course, be ignored.

Hope you can find another outlet somewhere, Linden

MV/Liberace!

by the way, linden... it came to my attention that you were plugging coastgab on the fine art stream.  thanks a lot for that.  i'm sure it sent us a lot of new users.  it's really a shame to see that end.

dan7800

Quote from: MV on June 20, 2013, 12:18:17 PM
by the way, linden... it came to my attention that you were plugging coastgab on the fine art stream.  thanks a lot for that.  i'm sure it sent us a lot of new users.  it's really a shame to see that end.

This site, along with the stream is a blast from the past.

There has got to be some way to keep things going and the stream up.

Many thanks to linden. The stream will definitely be missed.

I've tried, but like most of the other folks here I just cannot tolerate listening to George.

Are there any other streams other than that u7 trash (which I may sadly now be forced to listen to)

lonevoice

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on June 20, 2013, 11:46:33 AM
Seconding everything posted above. Shock, dismay and a sense of bereavement here this morning...
Hope you can find another outlet somewhere, Linden
My sentiments exactly.   The horror of this news is still sinking in today.   It's devastating, and that's not hyperbole.   
Linden, I was so upset about this yesterday that I was remiss in not joining with the others who have thanked you for your time and efforts in what was obviously a labor of love for you.  It was so appreciated by so many. 

linden2k

Quote from: MV on June 20, 2013, 12:18:17 PM
No problemo. This site is the reason the stream had listeners for quite some time. Working on a little care package for ya'll.

ponyboysunset

No! This sucks. Linden thanks for all the wonderful time you gave us all a little piece of heaven. I will miss the stream greatly.:(

Scruff

Thanks for all the work maintaining the stream for as long as you did - enjoyed it for the duration! 

jazmunda

Linden, you should record "George Noory sucks" and loop it over and over on the stream so that when the suits (or Jorch) go back to check that you have ceased and desisted they will get a little surprise.

Isai76

Please, please, please post all those files somewhere... Mega maybe?
Loved the mix of shows.

Thank you so much for the months of shows!

The General

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 20, 2013, 04:36:23 AM
Clear Channel should  be worrying about the crap that's coming over the airwaves now, instead of fifteen year old shows. Maybe it's the contrast in quality between Art's old shows and Noory's lame ass efforts they don't want their audience to hear.
Really, really good point. 
They just don't give a fuck.
About you.  Or me. 
Or a quality program.

The General

Quote from: MV on June 20, 2013, 07:34:35 AM

Aw, poor Rusty.  He's not THAT bad.
Truly no one would listen to a Rusty stream, though.
You are right about that.

timpate

Would like to get my hands on his collection of shows. These Idiots on these torrent sites piss me off. Not one person knows how to seed.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: timpate on June 21, 2013, 12:34:47 AM
Would like to get my hands on his collection of shows. These Idiots on these torrent sites piss me off. Not one person knows how to seed.

it seems these days, i rarely run into torrents that don't have enough seeds.  that used to be a bigger problem, it seems.  then again, i don't know what trackers you're using.  the only places i go are the pirate bay and kat.

onan

Quote from: timpate on June 21, 2013, 12:34:47 AM
I am right there with ya. I kept an Art Bell torrent file running at 99% for more than 3 months. It never did completely d/l. I am having a similar problem with some old Superman serial files.

Quote from: MV on June 21, 2013, 12:39:03 AM

it seems these days, i rarely run into torrents that don't have enough seeds.  that used to be a bigger problem, it seems.  then again, i don't know what trackers you're using.  the only places i go are the pirate bay and kat.

If the files are popular there is little problem down loading files of extraordinary size. But there doesn't seem to be much demand for Art Bell, outside of our community.

gandalf50

Quote from: onan on June 21, 2013, 03:07:05 AMI am right there with ya. I kept an Art Bell torrent file running at 99% for more than 3 months. It never did completely d/l. I am having a similar problem with some old Superman serial files.If the files are popular there is little problem down loading files of extraordinary size. But there doesn't seem to be much demand for Art Bell, outside of our community.

You are all welcome to check my site at gandalf50.serveftp.com
temporary login id = coastgab
password = noorysucks
Art Bell files in the C2C Art Bell folder
Email me for a permanent account.

~G

Lunger

Quote from: linden2k on June 20, 2013, 09:37:48 AM
I had never heard of him until now. The guy's worth streaming for his name alone.

What if you hosted the site on a server that was outside the country?

Lunger

Quote from: jazmunda on June 20, 2013, 10:18:24 PM
Linden, you should record "George Noory sucks" and loop it over and over on the stream so that when the suits (or Jorch) go back to check that you have ceased and desisted they will get a little surprise.

This is a good idea.  We could all contribute our own thoughts about That Idiot Noory laid down on an mp3 that can be looped over and over again....

awguy

Do we know for sure that it WAS clear channel that brought down the fine art stream? Linden, are you able to say?

I'm assuming that it was CC but with this mystery Art Bell project in the works... maybe it was something related to that.

hitfan

I was actually listening to the Fine Art stream instead of C2C AM lately.

I'm actually surprised that Fine Art lasted as long as it and that it took this long for Clear Channel to notice that it existed :)

QAPete

Quote from: gandalf50 on June 21, 2013, 03:51:17 AM
You are all welcome to check my site at gandalf50.serveftp.com
temporary login id = coastgab
password = noorysucks
Art Bell files in the C2C Art Bell folder
Email me for a permanent account.

~G

New user, first post, and I want to use it to thank you for providing this, Gandalf.  Way to be a stand-up guy for the community!

QAPete

Quote from: MV on June 21, 2013, 09:58:17 AM
Hey, there. Glad to have you.

Thanks, MV.  Been listening to that stream for a long time, very sad to see it go.  I can understand the guy not wanting to be sued, though.  Looking forward to see what that big white exclamation point on www.artbell.com is all about!   :)