• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Documentaries

Started by Xenopherus, September 06, 2011, 08:14:20 PM

Lilith

I think Senda became unable to get around much, and turned to eating, which slowly made him more unable to get around easily, and he became lonely.  The internet became his "social activity".  People commonly become more isolated from the real world as they become older/ in more pain/sicker, and those who are able to understand a computer, turn to the internet world for their daily social activity.  Those are the lucky ones IMO.  Others can only turn to reading books, if they can still see to read, listening to radio and TV.  Although CC displays some of the same tendencies as Senda, his reason for reaching out on the internet for a social world seem different to me than Sendas.  Just my 2 cents.

I think Senda's clutter and internet social activity are a result of loneliness.  CC may be lonely as well, but not for the same reason as Senda IMO.

There is a condition called agoraphobia, where people are actually afraid to leave their house.  They are afraid of everything outside their familiar environment.  The fortunate ones learn to find happiness in their isolation.  The even luckier ones can learn to use a computer, and find a social world there.

JesusJuice

Chris Chan's sick father was literally eaten to death by bugs because Chris and his mother were too mentally incompetent to take proper care of him.

He burned his fucking house down accidentally after he "fixed" his broken coffee maker.

He's uploaded videos of himself having sex with blow up dolls.

He transitioned to female. He pierced his taint and the wound opened up into a gash and he believes that it's now a vagina and the blood is just him menstruating. He believes he willed himself a vagina through self-hypnosis or some other new age shit.

He's on a whole different fucking level than Falkie.

mikuthing01

Quote from: JesusJuice on September 09, 2016, 10:46:22 AM

He transitioned to female. He pierced his taint and the wound opened up into a gash and he believes that it's now a vagina and the blood is just him menstruating. He believes he willed himself a vagina through self-hypnosis Binaural Beats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IcBOv9Wljg

Quote from: brig on September 09, 2016, 10:34:18 AM
I think Senda became unable to get around much, and turned to eating, which slowly made him more unable to get around easily, and he became lonely.  The internet became his "social activity".  People commonly become more isolated from the real world as they become older/ in more pain/sicker, and those who are able to understand a computer, turn to the internet world for their daily social activity.  Those are the lucky ones IMO.  Others can only turn to reading books, if they can still see to read, listening to radio and TV.  Although CC displays some of the same tendencies as Senda, his reason for reaching out on the internet for a social world seem different to me than Sendas.  Just my 2 cents.

I think Senda's clutter and internet social activity are a result of loneliness.  CC may be lonely as well, but not for the same reason as Senda IMO.

There is a condition called agoraphobia, where people are actually afraid to leave their house.  They are afraid of everything outside their familiar environment.  The fortunate ones learn to find happiness in their isolation.  The even luckier ones can learn to use a computer, and find a social world there.

I'm glad you found us, brig. We are lucky to have you.  :)

mikuthing01

Damn it Chris... JUST FUCKING STOP!

He wants to bang his mom now  :-\
http://archive.is/8YjrJ

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on September 09, 2016, 10:34:18 AM

It's funny how perspective shifts with context.  With Falkie, Chandler & now the new corn dude, Art becomes another reclusive, neurotic loner locked behind the gates of his compound.  I wonder if he turned to radio early for some of the same reasons.  Agoraphobe-Gab?  That would probably cover a lot of us, too, to one degree or another hahaha.

BTW agree with rekcuf; that is probably the most humane thing I've read on here.

JesusJuice

Who's that one guy that was masturbating in used diapers? I forgot his name. He had a fetish for used diapers and would go dumpster diving for used diapers and would pay people on the internet to send him used diapers. Then he would microwave them in the same machine that he would cook his food in and then he would sit in the warm, used diaper and masturbate. He got some kind of weird cancer because of this and he's dying now. I forgot his name.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: JesusJuice on September 09, 2016, 12:37:16 PM
Who's that one guy that was masturbating in used diapers? I forgot his name. He had a fetish for used diapers and would go dumpster diving for used diapers and would pay people on the internet to send him used diapers. Then he would microwave them in the same machine that he would cook his food in and then he would sit in the warm, used diaper and masturbate. He got some kind of weird cancer because of this and he's dying now. I forgot his name.

it shows that no matter what you can imagine, there's someone into it out there.

mikuthing01

Quote from: JesusJuice on September 09, 2016, 12:37:16 PM

pamperchu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEu7IIe_jI4

paladin1991

Quote from: JesusJuice on September 09, 2016, 10:46:22 AM
Chris Chan's sick father was literally eaten to death by bugs because Chris and his mother were too mentally incompetent to take proper care of him.

He burned his fucking house down accidentally after he "fixed" his broken coffee maker.

He's uploaded videos of himself having sex with blow up dolls.

He transitioned to female. He pierced his taint and the wound opened up into a gash and he believes that it's now a vagina and the blood is just him menstruating. He believes he willed himself a vagina through self-hypnosis or some other new age shit.

He's on a whole different fucking level than Falkie.

What?  I mean, what?  I mean, is this the Jackstar thread?

yumyumtree

Many, many. I love documentaries. Festival Express,was definitely good. I also like Be Here to Love Me, about Townes Van Zandt.
My Brothers Keeper is good.
Barbie Nation.
In Advance of the Landing (must see for Coasters)

A very short one on YouTube I liked is about a man ( actually a somewhat well known actor) who spent huge amounts of money on Beanie Babies in the 90s. It may be called Bankrupted by Beanies or something. You should be able find it with a little go ogling.

There's one about Alzheimers (before so much was known about it) with "dutiful daughter" in the title. You should be able to look it up on imdb.

The Sociopath by Ben Howe can be seen online. I liked it but if you like Trump you won't like it.

Let's Get Lost is about Chet Baker. If you like jazz, you will like it, but he's not a good role model for kids.

I know I'll think of others. I love reviving old threads.

yumyumtree

Complaints of a Dutiful Daughter. If you liked Still Alice or Away from Her you will like this one.

Bankrupt by Beanies. The man is Chris Robinson, who was on General Hospital for several years, and did a lot of other TV and movie work. Remember the old commercial where the guy says "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV"? That was Chris Robinson, and the doctor he played was Rick Webber on GH.

Ciardelo

Beanie Babies, tulips, etc. I saw a documentary on the tulip boom way back when. I can't tell you the name of it, or where I saw it (probably on PBS though) but I learned my lesson of not chasing the crowd for too long from it.

zeebo

King of Kong, about the battle for a high score on Donkey Kong.  8)

yumyumtree

Quote from: Ciardelo on April 12, 2017, 12:53:41 AM
Beanie Babies, tulips, etc. I saw a documentary on the tulip boom way back when. I can't tell you the name of it, or where I saw it (probably on PBS though) but I learned my lesson of not chasing the crowd for too long from it.
The Beanie Baby Bubble by Zac Bissonette was a book that actually compared Beanies to tulip mania. I found out about it from Coast To Coast. I don't remember for sure who interviewed him but  it may have been George and I dont think it was a very good interview. Bissonette  also goes into Ty Warner, an enigmatic figure  whose marketing ideas may have helped create the bubble. I thought it was fascinating.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on April 12, 2017, 01:07:35 AM
King of Kong, about the battle for a high score on Donkey Kong.  8)

Oh, that guy is such a douche bag!  >:(

Great movie though!  :)

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 12, 2017, 01:41:48 AM
Oh, that guy is such a douche bag!  >:(

Great movie though!  :)

haha yeah .. I have to admit, after watching that, twice, I went to the site with all the records and started thinking .... "Hmmm... maybe I should get a Centipede, or Dig-Dug, or Astro Blaster for my garage.."   :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on April 12, 2017, 02:44:54 AM
haha yeah .. I have to admit, after watching that, twice, I went to the site with all the records and started thinking .... "Hmmm... maybe I should get a Centipede, or Dig-Dug, or Astro Blaster for my garage.."   :D

You should! You really should! These days people are converting old arcade cabs to MAME machines. Some front end programs allow you to run multiple systems, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUmrwvQ0reI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rol2gAREjxY

RoseGirl

Quote from: yumyumtree on April 12, 2017, 12:28:46 AM
Many, many. I love documentaries. Festival Express,was definitely good. I also like Be Here to Love Me, about Townes Van Zandt.
My Brothers Keeper is good.
Barbie Nation.
In Advance of the Landing (must see for Coasters)

A very short one on YouTube I liked is about a man ( actually a somewhat well known actor) who spent huge amounts of money on Beanie Babies in the 90s. It may be called Bankrupted by Beanies or something. You should be able find it with a little go ogling.

There's one about Alzheimers (before so much was known about it) with "dutiful daughter" in the title. You should be able to look it up on imdb.

The Sociopath by Ben Howe can be seen online. I liked it but if you like Trump you won't like it.

Let's Get Lost is about Chet Baker. If you like jazz, you will like it, but he's not a good role model for kids.

I know I'll think of others. I love reviving old threads.

You folks do know about this site, I would expect...but just in case, here ya go:

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/

yumyumtree

I did not know about it. Thank you.

RoseGirl

Quote from: yumyumtree on April 12, 2017, 10:30:33 AM
I did not know about it. Thank you.

No problem, yum. Be forewarned, though...if you like docs, that site is addictive. We may not see you for weeks.