• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

If not Art, then Who ?

Started by pabigfoot, August 20, 2011, 02:18:48 AM

Who would you prefer host C2C?

"The Deacon" Ian "Twitter-Boy" Punnett
Georgie "the Grey" Knapp
Johnny "Doom-Bomb" Wells
Jesse "The Conspiracy" Venturra
Or keep the current title holder Georgie "No Coincidences","the Snoore-lock", SNOOOORY

Juan

Before Art was syndicated on Coast, Chuck Harder had a national show from something like 9-midnight eastern.  Chuck did the first national radio interviews with Bob Lazar, he's the one who first spotted black helicopters, he wrote a book outlining the conspiracy behind the Oklahoma City bombing.  He has enough nuttiness and paranoia to be entertaining.  SNoory interviewed him a few weeks ago and let him take over the show.  Probably just took a nap while Chuck talked.

CoastCanuck

I know it would never happen, but I'd love Jesse Ventura to be the host.  It would change the show dramatically.  He could do conspiracy type shows like he did for his tv show (Area 51, etc). plus shows on the government, etc.    I don't know how his 5 months a year in Mexico would work out though, but if he started having an effect, it might encourage him to stay on line instead of becoming a hermit in Mexico each year.  my 2 cents.

stevesh

As much as I like hearing Jesse Ventura interviewed, I think we'd get tired of him real quick as the host.

My choice ? Larry King.

BobGrau

I'm not a huge Ventura fan, but it'd be interesting to hear him guest-host now and then.

I think that's the way Coast to Coast should go - no full-time host, different hosts for different topics, (ahem) no noory...

Sardondi

Quote from: stevesh on July 28, 2012, 10:41:30 AM
As much as I like hearing Jesse Ventura interviewed, I think we'd get tired of him real quick as the host.....

You have spoken wisely, Grasshopper. ( A popular cultural reference no doubt lost on anyone under 30)

Sleepwalker

My vote goes to Dan Aykroyd.  He's a genuine believer in UFOs.  He's very intelligent and few living people can match his sense of humor.

ManiacMatt

Quote from: Sleepwalker on July 29, 2012, 12:24:34 PM
My vote goes to Dan Aykroyd.  He's a genuine believer in UFOs.  He's very intelligent and few living people can match his sense of humor.

Dan Aykroyd would be an excellent choice!  Jesse Ventura would be ok once in awhile if the topic was government conspiracy, but on other subjects, I don't think he would do well.  I couldn't listen to Ventura every night.  Aykroyd is a voice and character that would be acceptable on a nightly basis.

Quote from: ManiacMatt on July 29, 2012, 02:39:18 PM
Dan Aykroyd would be an excellent choice!  Jesse Ventura would be ok once in awhile if the topic was government conspiracy, but on other subjects, I don't think he would do well.  I couldn't listen to Ventura every night.  Aykroyd is a voice and character that would be acceptable on a nightly basis.

Aykroyd seems like an excellent choice, although if he is a fan of the current show and host... well, what does that say about him.

I'm for Anyone But Noory, as long as it's someone capable of saying 'tell us more about that' at the appropriate time it would be a step up.

Sardondi

Quote from: Sleepwalker on July 29, 2012, 12:24:34 PM

The problem is he has to want to do the show in the first place. And let's face it, it really is hard work. For one thing, the hours are sucky.

Morgus

Quote from: Sardondi on July 29, 2012, 09:57:40 PM
The problem is he has to want to do the show in the first place. And let's face it, it really is hard work. For one thing, the hours are sucky.
Yep thats the reason we get stuck with Noory as main host. He is the only one that would take a job on the radio five nights a week in the wee hours, though he obviously longs for jumping to some bigger entertainment position, like on TV or the movies.
Noory mentioned to a caller during open lines last week that he has wanted to write a scifi movie script and has tried to become a book writer too.

BobGrau

Quote from: Morgus on July 29, 2012, 10:34:32 PM

Noory mentioned to a caller during open lines last week that he has wanted to write a scifi movie script and has tried to become a book writer too.

Doodling in the margins doesn't count, george.

Sardondi

Quote from: Morgus on July 29, 2012, 10:34:32 PM
....Noory mentioned to a caller during open lines last week that he has wanted to write a scifi movie script and has tried to become a book writer too.

He'll need some help. How about some title suggestions?

Lord Of The Dolts Trilogy
1) Fellowship Of The Imbeciles
2) The Two Idiots
3) The Return Of The Cretin

(Just What The Heck Is An) Avatar (Anyway?)

Moronic
(which includes the hit song "My Idiocy Will Go On")

The Dark Blight

Retard Wars

Rasputin

I would vote for Rob Simone. I've only heard him a few times, and although he was a bit rough around the edges, I think he might turn out to be a solid host.

Knapp is by far my favorite, but I like the fact that we only get him once or twice a month. He's able to really pick his guests, and do some research before he goes on air.

analog kid

On one hand, Aykroyd is a good guy. On the other, he's kinda weird.

Rasputin

Akroyd seems like a nice guy to me, but I think five nights a week might be too much for him. I'd be happy to see him take over Wells spot on Saturday though. ;D

b_dubb

Akroyd has too much ego. Maybe once a month.

I think it's time to let go. Coast subject matter has been exhausted. It's tired. It's done. Let's move on.

Or find a couple of young unknowns who have some fire in their bellies and some brains in their heads

Rasputin

Quote from: b_dubb on July 30, 2012, 07:46:26 PMI think it's time to let go. Coast subject matter has been exhausted. It's tired. It's done. Let's move on.

There is still plenty of subject matter out there, but what is needed is a host that's engaged and knows how to conduct an interview, then ask intelligent follow up questions.

The General

Quote from: analog kid on July 30, 2012, 05:57:29 PM
On one hand, Aykroyd is a good guy. On the other, he's kinda weird.

It must suck so bad to be famous.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on July 30, 2012, 07:46:26 PM
I think it's time to let go. Coast subject matter has been exhausted. It's tired. It's done. Let's move on.

but this forum needs to keep making AD REVENUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on July 31, 2012, 11:40:55 AM

but this forum needs to keep making AD REVENUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE.

Time to get rid of "For Art Bell Fans".  Broaden the scope.  AB fans will always be here. 

"Two Coasts...One Talk Forum: Coastgab"

HAL 9000

Quote from: M. Knight on July 31, 2012, 01:20:11 PM"Two Coasts...One Talk Forum: Coastgab"

Nice title. Good to see you back.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: HAL 9000 on July 31, 2012, 01:31:42 PM
Nice title. Good to see you back.

Thanks.  This place isn't really about Art or even George Noodle anymore.  I think you (HAL) once said something to the effect that, for you, it was simply a place to meet, talk and occasionally reflect on our favorite talk shows (or other topic), good or bad. 

... back to the beach.

coaster

if you ditched the "for Art Bell fans" then Noory fans would start running amok. Every thread would be dedicated to people's prostates and elvis youtube videos. me no likey.

doubt it, coaster.  Newcomers would eventually figure out that the majority of posters here don't like Noory after seeing the daily posts on the GNS thread.  Then they'll just want to join the club.

Hivemind can work to our advantage.

Morgus

Quote from: coaster on July 31, 2012, 02:57:02 PM
if you ditched the "for Art Bell fans" then Noory fans would start running amok.
how about "for Noory Haters" or something?
thats what we really have in common, some aren't fans of Art Bell or even ever listened to him before he retired last time too.

Or, if you want to be classy: "For People With Taste and Discernment" which also eliminates Noory's fans.

I'd enjoy Dan Ackroyd hosting the show, even on a limited schedule. He's interested in and enthusiastic about the paranormal. It's not unheard of for an actor to dabble in broadcasting. Alec Baldwin hosts a show from the Philharmonic every Monday night on our local classical station. 

slipstream

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on August 01, 2012, 12:50:21 AM
Or, if you want to be classy: "For People With Taste and Discernment" which also eliminates Noory's fans.

I'd enjoy Dan Ackroyd hosting the show, even on a limited schedule. He's interested in and enthusiastic about the paranormal. It's not unheard of for an actor to dabble in broadcasting. Alec Baldwin hosts a show from the Philharmonic every Monday night on our local classical station.

The paranormal is way over done on C2C.  Art Bell could do it, but how many years can the show keep doing objects that are unidentified.  Art's fascination with the paranormal, and his inherent talent will not be replaced.

analog kid

Quote from: slipstream on August 01, 2012, 12:12:33 PM

The paranormal is way over done on C2C.  Art Bell could do it, but how many years can the show keep doing objects that are unidentified.  Art's fascination with the paranormal, and his inherent talent will not be replaced.

The paranormal is C2C's bread and butter. All that would be left is conspiracies, which this country is already dangerously drenched in, or New Age "cleans your vibrations."

Sardondi

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on August 01, 2012, 12:50:21 AM
Or, if you want to be classy: "For People With Taste and Discernment" which also eliminates Noory's fans....

Or non-classy, "For People Who Can Identify Shit Without Having To Smell, Touch And Taste It"