• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What happened to the whistleblowers who used to call?

Started by anagrammy, July 27, 2011, 09:23:17 PM

anagrammy

Thinking about how Coast has slid into a repetitive religious exercise/health scare show, I suddenly realized I have not heard a single whistleblower in months!

Remember when Art used to lure them out of the woodwork with their own line and promises of anonymity, etc.  AND THEY CALLED!  I was so excited when somebody would call and say they work at a document warehouse or whatever and had seen photos, or somebody works at a lab and was there when they took the microbiologist's body out in a bag.

There was an immediacy and freshness that brought to the show that is gone as irretrievably as a burst bubble.

Any whistleblowers on lately that I missed?

Anagrammy

Eddie Coyle

A whistleblower on Noory's show would get the Silkwood treatment...with C2C's call screeners providing the location to the goon squad who'd do away with said whistleblower. George has no use for rabble who would betray their corporate masters.

livingdead70

Quote from: anagrammy on July 27, 2011, 09:23:17 PM
Thinking about how Coast has slid into a repetitive religious exercise/health scare show, I suddenly realized I have not heard a single whistleblower in months!

Remember when Art used to lure them out of the woodwork with their own line and promises of anonymity, etc.  AND THEY CALLED!  I was so excited when somebody would call and say they work at a document warehouse or whatever and had seen photos, or somebody works at a lab and was there when they took the microbiologist's body out in a bag.

There was an immediacy and freshness that brought to the show that is gone as irretrievably as a burst bubble.

Any whistleblowers on lately that I missed?

Anagrammy
Because surely they were real and telling the truth. Art was looking for odd people to call,
and that was his way of getting them in rapid response. And for the record, Every call to a radio station or radio show, Including Arts broadcasts, has to keep a log of the callers name and number. Art knew the name and number of everyone that called that show, even if they tried to use one of those ID masker deals. Its an FCC law..... no way around it.
T

livingdead70

For evidence of this, think back to the prediction shows when Art would stress "No predictions of presidential or other public figure assinations".
Art said him self when people say that, they come right to him and get the number and other info of the caller, and question him about it.
t

Art

Quote from: livingdead70 on July 28, 2011, 08:20:46 PMAnd for the record, Every call to a radio station or radio show, Including Arts broadcasts, has to keep a log of the callers name and number. Art knew the name and number of everyone that called that show, even if they tried to use one of those ID masker deals. Its an FCC law..... no way around it.

1. except payphones, office phones, and every other phone you don't own
2. you wouldn't know if the number was real or masked unless you called it back
3. please cite this FCC law

11angeleyes11

I don't know about whistleblowers, but I hear that George plays a mean harmonica. 

IDEA FOR OPEN LINES:  THE WHISTLEBLOWERS HOTLINE!!!!!!!!!! (ON ANY SUBJECT RELEVANT TO COAST) 

anagrammy

Right, Angeleyes.  We here in radioland wonder why Noory doesn't continue with the winning formats.  If I'm recalling correctly, he tried to.  It's a touchy situation because if you announce you have just set up a line for whistleblowers in food packaging plants, people know you aren't getting any calls and can conclude that people don't call you like they did Art.

Noory avoids the audience being able to compare.  I reported here that while I was on a thread on another forum a couple of months ago, one of the participants suddenly said "I'm calling Noory right now and asking him."  She did and to our great surprise she was on in like five minutes.  This was on a Friday night.

We may be around to see the end of Open Lines.  Unless they have paid callers, it could be embarrassing....

Anagrammy

livingdead70

Quote from: Art on July 28, 2011, 09:08:33 PM
1. except payphones, office phones, and every other phone you don't own
2. you wouldn't know if the number was real or masked unless you called it back
3. please cite this FCC law
1. They would still have the location of the call. (most pay phones would not allow 1-800 numbers or the numbers art used anyways.)
2. Depends. There are ways to unravel such things.
3. Cant find a specific link, but its true. It applies to TV stations as well.
http://www.fcc.gov/  search thru here. 
I worked in a TV station, and currently work in a radio station. During our afternoon call in show, I can see the log of all that calls that come in. If its a pay as you go cell phone, it logs the carrier and what tower/range it came from.
Guess you never heard of police attaining phone records and such, have you??
t

livingdead70

Quote from: anagrammy on July 28, 2011, 10:04:05 PM
Right, Angeleyes.  We here in radioland wonder why Noory doesn't continue with the winning formats.  If I'm recalling correctly, he tried to.  It's a touchy situation because if you announce you have just set up a line for whistleblowers in food packaging plants, people know you aren't getting any calls and can conclude that people don't call you like they did Art.

Noory avoids the audience being able to compare.  I reported here that while I was on a thread on another forum a couple of months ago, one of the participants suddenly said "I'm calling Noory right now and asking him."  She did and to our great surprise she was on in like five minutes.  This was on a Friday night.

We may be around to see the end of Open Lines.  Unless they have paid callers, it could be embarrassing....

Anagrammy
because he is not in control of the shows content, thats why.
t

pabigfoot

Yeah, a whistleblower hotline would be great. Who knows what calls have been sent into the ether forever because of the particular screener ? Would the Area 51 caller get on today ? or merely sent to a dustheap as some nutjob. I remember that night well, and how Art's broadcast was interrupted. I suppose my criticism of GN would be twofold: George lets someone with a shaggy dog story drone on forever, yet just before the '08 election Jerry Corsi had a breaking story regarding Obama and George cut him off at the knees, refusing to allow Corsi to go on. And here we are.... P.S. I make no political commentary here; I merely abhor censorship.

anagrammy

Quote from: pabigfoot on July 29, 2011, 12:36:03 AM
  Yeah, a whistleblower hotline would be great. Who knows what calls have been sent into the ether forever because of the particular screener ? Would the Area 51 caller get on today ? or merely sent to a dustheap as some nutjob. I remember that night well, and how Art's broadcast was interrupted. I suppose my criticism of GN would be twofold: George lets someone with a shaggy dog story drone on forever, yet just before the '08 election Jerry Corsi had a breaking story regarding Obama and George cut him off at the knees, refusing to allow Corsi to go on. And here we are.... P.S. I make no political commentary here; I merely abhor censorship.

I have to ask this pabigfoot:  Have you ever wondered if Art cut the Area 51 caller off for dramatic effect?  Just like a martyr's movement is energized more by his departure, the flyover became legendary because of the cutoff.

Anyone else suspect that might be the case?

Anagrammy

Scully

Quote from: livingdead70 on July 28, 2011, 11:40:27 PM
because he is not in control of the shows content, thats why.
t

I think George has at least some control over the show's content. I can't see what profit motive Premiere would have in presenting all the Health and Alternative Medicine topics George loves so much. 

He may be under instructions to follow a certain political and religious agenda of Premiere's liking, but maybe, in return for his being their unquestioning lackey, they let him follow his bliss with certain "tweaks" (as he used to call them) of his own liking.  :-\

livingdead70

Quote from: Scully on July 29, 2011, 01:20:46 AM

I think George has at least some control over the show's content. I can't see what profit motive Premiere would have in presenting all the Health and Alternative Medicine topics George loves so much. 

He may be under instructions to follow a certain political and religious agenda of Premiere's liking, but maybe, in return for his being their unquestioning lackey, they let him follow his bliss with certain "tweaks" (as he used to call them) of his own liking.  :-\
from what I have learned recently, its likely they are being paid to host those kinds of shows.
t

livingdead70

Quote from: anagrammy on July 29, 2011, 01:05:19 AM
I have to ask this pabigfoot:  Have you ever wondered if Art cut the Area 51 caller off for dramatic effect?  Just like a martyr's movement is energized more by his departure, the flyover became legendary because of the cutoff.

Anyone else suspect that might be the case?

Anagrammy
I have read, but never heard this myself, but supposedly the caller called back a few weeks later and admitted the call was faked. It did seem overly dramatic. I have the show where he calls on MP3, and listened to it the other day. So, maybe the board going was just a random event...............Who knows. I never thought that Area 51 pilot caller was real tho.....remember that one?
T

Art

Quote from: livingdead70 on July 28, 2011, 11:06:11 PM
1. They would still have the location of the call. (most pay phones would not allow 1-800 numbers or the numbers art used anyways.)
2. Depends. There are ways to unravel such things.
3. Cant find a specific link, but its true. It applies to TV stations as well.
http://www.fcc.gov/  search thru here. 
I worked in a TV station, and currently work in a radio station. During our afternoon call in show, I can see the log of all that calls that come in. If its a pay as you go cell phone, it logs the carrier and what tower/range it came from.
Guess you never heard of police attaining phone records and such, have you??
t

I did search the FCC and didn't find anything.  You claim there's a law about it, just cite the law and stop being condescending.

Eddie Coyle

I never believed Art's "The Feds/Secret Service come knocking" tales. Art just didn't want people making stupid predictions about assassinations and I  think he used dramatic effect to curtail it.

anagrammy

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 29, 2011, 02:21:46 PM

I never believed Art's "The Feds/Secret Service come knocking" tales. Art just didn't want people making stupid predictions about assassinations and I  think he used dramatic effect to curtail it.

It certainly adds more of an air of mystery and underlines the show's significance to play it that way.  And why not?  It's entertainment.  I'd certainly rather there that than the George Noory version, "If you mention that any world leaders or public figures are going to die, Lisa will have to use the seven-second delay and cut you off.  We don't want to do it, but we have to."

Audience reaction:  pissed or titillated, your choice, George.

Anagrammy

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: anagrammy on July 29, 2011, 05:03:32 PM

Audience reaction:  pissed or titillated, your choice, George.

Anagrammy

You've hit on the crux of the problem...that Noory still has any audience at all. I'm not sure if that's merely depressing or demoralizing. Either way, it sucks.