• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory appreciation

Started by CoastCanuck, July 17, 2011, 03:11:38 PM

CoastCanuck

I recently joined this forum, and I want to start a positive thread of comments about George Noory.  Personally, I like him, and I'm hoping there are other members of this forum who feel the same way.  To me, George is inquisitive and is a seeker of the truth.  Yes, he makes some mistakes, but who of us doesn't?   IMO, he is trying to make the world a better place.   I  think he is a good host.  If there are others on this forum who have positive comments about George, please post here.  thanks.

Eddie Coyle

He's a better person than Hitler...

That's about it.

texaskdog

Quote from: CoastCanuck on July 17, 2011, 03:11:38 PM
I recently joined this forum, and I want to start a positive thread of comments about George Noory.  Personally, I like him, and I'm hoping there are other members of this forum who feel the same way.  To me, George is inquisitive and is a seeker of the truth.  Yes, he makes some mistakes, but who of us doesn't?   IMO, he is trying to make the world a better place.   I  think he is a good host.  If there are others on this forum who have positive comments about George, please post here.  thanks.

I don't dislike him as much as most people on here, but he's my least favorite of the hosts.  He does tend to not be listening to what the guests say much of the time.

j-caster

No I do not appreciate GN at all. He took a show that had integrity and thoughtful consideration for the topics and made it un listenable. However George Knapp, Ian Punnet and a few other hosts give me hope that someday the corporate clusterf§&k that gave us GN will replace this moron with a suitable intellect that equals that of Art Bell. Until then ... <old shows and replacement hosts will keep me listening occasionally. I just want to believe that the host cares about the topic GN obviously does not. Go away GN. Please.

Eddie Coyle

George Noory appreciation definition...

Coprophilia.

JustOneFix

Noory is not inquisitive nor is he a truth seeker.  How is Georgie boy trying to make the world a better place when he's always lying through his teeth? 

11angeleyes11

This is a good addition to Coast Gab.  I think it deserves a shout out!

This could be a subforum - The George Noory Appreciation forum.  That way, he could honor the integrity of it, but not acknowledge the sucking, in the shout-out.  Member of the sub-forum could be Appreciators, the nemisis of the Haters.  See, there is even good vs. evil (I read all of the other posters for literary endowment, nothing personal)  here.  The fight continues.

MV/Liberace!

i'd like to point out that if the original poster had submitted that post on ANY other c2c forum where people predominantly aren't fond of noory, the OP would have been flamed out of existence until all that remained was a carbon flake.

you guys are a class act.

i think a variety of opinions couldn't hurt one bit.

gandalf50

Dear George, Stop pretending to be Canadian.
As a Canadian living in the US, you are making me and my fellow Canuks look bad.  ;D

~G

It's cool if you like George, but this has been attempted before.

Lovely Bones

Okay.  If George lived down the road, I'd probably think he was an okay neighbor.  He seems to like animals, so he likely wouldn't complain about our dogs.  Even though there's probably some corporate or otherwise ulterior motive behind it, I don't mind him pushing  to get sponsors for those starving little kids.  And even though someone else here hates it, can't remember who, I happen to really like Brother Is's version of "Over the Rainbow," so I don't mind that George plays it. 

That's three things and it's as far as I'll go.  Give me Ian and Knapp as main hosts, reduce George to the fill-in, and I'd be happier.  But that's just me.  You are entitled to your opinion (but I doubt many here will agree with you that George is inquisitive--he'd have to pay attention for that). 

Morgus

A good question would be why would any true noory-lover want to join a forum that consists of what noory calls his "haters" ?
Especially when noory every friday night promotes his favorite noory-loving sites on the air for those folks.
Good advice is to always be on the lookout for trolls, its happened before...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Morgus on July 17, 2011, 10:09:06 PM
A good question would be why would any true noory-lover want to join a forum that consists of what noory calls his "haters" ?
Especially when noory every friday night promotes his favorite noory-loving sites on the air for those folks.
Good advice is to always be on the lookout for trolls, its happened before...
who are the pro noory sites?  the only one i knew of was the night hawk zone, but i thought that was taken down for whatever reason.

Morgus

noory on the air  friday nites now promotes the two noory-friendly sites he has registered and posts at:
fantasticforum2.com (FF2) and intoinfinity.com

FF2 was created when the original FF site's owner passed away. The core group of FF members left and started their own site and call FF2 the true fantastic forum legacy, though the original FF was purchased by a new owner who has renovated it and unbanned many of the old members who the original group banned years ago.

FF2 became a noory-loving site in order to get free shoutouts from noory on the air and he has done so in trade for their not allowing any anti-noory posting there.
FYI, the FF2 moderator will ban you if you post over here at the coastgab site too, since they then figure you must be a noory-hater. ;)

anagrammy

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 17, 2011, 09:08:48 PM
i'd like to point out that if the original poster had submitted that post on ANY other c2c forum where people predominantly aren't fond of noory, the OP would have been flamed out of existence until all that remained was a carbon flake.

you guys are a class act.

i think a variety of opinions couldn't hurt one bit.

Absolutely.  I am particularly interested in specific examples of George Noory being a good host, listening to the guest and asking a question or making a comment that contributes to the conversation.  He does have devoted listeners and inquiring minds want to know....why?

Anagrammy

Scully

Lisa, is that you?  :-*

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 17, 2011, 10:44:49 PM
who are the pro noory sites?  the only one i knew of was the night hawk zone, but i thought that was taken down for whatever reason.

Plausible deniability?  Bwwahahahhahahahha!!!

http://www.coastgab.com/index.php/topic,550.msg37224.html#msg37224

onan

Quote from: Morgus on July 17, 2011, 11:52:15 PM
noory on the air  friday nites now promotes the two noory-friendly sites he has registered and posts at:
fantasticforum2.com (FF2) and intoinfinity.com

FF2 was created when the original FF site's owner passed away. The core group of FF members left and started their own site and call FF2 the true fantastic forum legacy, though the original FF was purchased by a new owner who has renovated it and unbanned many of the old members who the original group banned years ago.

FF2 became a noory-loving site in order to get free shoutouts from noory on the air and he has done so in trade for their not allowing any anti-noory posting there.
FYI, the FF2 moderator will ban you if you post over here at the coastgab site too, since they then figure you must be a noory-hater. ;)

I don't know this to be true. I post on that forum, not often. I don't find the conversations to be as compelling or the community to be as welcoming as here.

But I have not been banned. Perhaps because I do not post there to compare that forum to this one.

Or maybe I will get the ban hammer when I next visit there. I dunno.

But yeah mostly they do seem to avoid noory criticisms.

Tara

To me, George is inquisitive and is a seeker of the truth.  Yes, he makes some mistakes, but who of us doesn't?   IMO, he is trying to make the world a better place.   I  think he is a good host.  If there are others on this forum who have positive comments about George, please post here.  thanks.

To CoastCanuck:  Assuming this post is legit, I have to assume that you are a well-intentioned but overly idealistic person.  Maybe you haven't encountered any slick operators in your life, but for those of us who have, we can smell them a mile away.  Yet I'm aware that for some people, it's difficult at times to discern the genuine from the phony. 

We have caught Noory in several bald face lies; he stated that C2C is #2, just behind Rush.  It's really about #22.  He denies coloring his hair, while older photos of him show one inch of grey hair roots!  Other Coastgab posters have listed other Noory lies.  These aren't mistakes, they are intentional untruths and he knows it. 

You also state that Noory wants to make the world a better place.  How?  Talk is cheap. 

Given your post, again assuming it's legit, I assume you are an overly sensitive, "all we need is love", "see only the best in people" person.  That's your choice and I don't want to be mean and burst your pollyanna bubble.  However, there's a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell to you.   

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Morgus on July 17, 2011, 11:52:15 PM
shirleypal... if you're reading this... please PLEASE tell me that's not true.

I think it was The Wanderer who said it most recently, but Noory is a great host.  He provides so much to talk about and laugh at, whether you laugh with or at him.  No, he is no Art, and he has seemed to steer the show away from its true roots, but with the bad comes the good.  Personally I think he's funny as hell, even when he's not trying to be - especially when he's not trying to be.  I don't mind listening to to him when there is a really (REALLY - which is rare nowadays) interesting guest or topic I'm into, but the show in general (in its current state) and format bores the shit out of me.

onan

I recently joined this forum,

Welcome, post often.

I think it is telling that even this thread has no supportive statements. C2C used to be worth waiting up for. Used to entertain exponentially to what is offered today.

For the sake of discussion I will concede noory is a nice guy (I really do not think so). His rapport is congenial and he rarely is snide (well I haven't listened in a few years so this is conjecture).

And in contrast Art Could be short, curt, terse, and sarcastic if moved so. But Art always played a good game. Even when he had on the poorest excuse of a guest his show had moments of thoughtfulness. That does not exist in the noory world. It just doesn't.

Morgus

Quote from: onan on July 18, 2011, 07:40:14 AMOr maybe I will get the ban hammer when I next visit there. I dunno.

But yeah mostly they do seem to avoid noory criticisms.
just try an experiment and post some anti-noory in the nightly c2c show thread and see what happens.  8)

Morgus

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 18, 2011, 11:47:45 AM
shirleypal... if you're reading this... please PLEASE tell me that's not true.

even if they deny it, its completely true.
for evidence, this is all i see now if i try to go to the FF2 site

the core group of members from the original FF banned a lot of folks years back too, and they are the ones running the new FF2 site.
In contrast the original FF site is now run by a new owner who has recently removed the old member bans and welcomed them back.
But the original refurbished FF site is not a Noory-friendly site and doesn't get any shoutouts from Noory.  :P

At FF2, the moderator will PM you warning that any criticism of noory at FF2 is not allowed there.
since FF2 was started as a noory-loving site, she has not returned here to coastgab either - a coincidence?
they don't want to anger noory and risk losing their free friday night site shoutouts.
the founders of FF2 sold their soul to the devil Noory...  :o

I noticed before that FF2 doesn't even allow guests to read any of their posts now, what are they afraid of?
Noory was posting there most nights during the show, when I could see the posts, something he doesn't do at other sites.
So FF2 appears to be Noory's favorite fan site now in return for their policies.

Morgus

FYI, i didn't make any public anti-noory posts or anything against the rules at FF2, yet I was banned suddenly without any reason given.
However in a private PM to the moderator I did reveal I was a member at coastgab with the same username.
The next day, wham! Only A coincidence?  ???
Watch out if you use the same username at FF2...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Morgus on July 18, 2011, 02:37:42 PM
FYI, i didn't make any public anti-noory posts or anything against the rules at FF2, yet I was banned suddenly without any reason given.
However in a private PM to the moderator I did reveal I was a member at coastgab with the same username.
The next day, wham! Only A coincidence?  ???
Watch out if you use the same username at FF2...
wow, that's very disappointing if true.  also, their decision to require a login simply to READ posts is very naive and short sighted.  if i can't read it without logging in, that means google's bot can't index it.  just silly.  whoever is running that place is probably old and not particularly tech savvy.

Morgus

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 18, 2011, 02:57:26 PMtheir decision to require a login simply to READ posts is very naive and short sighted.  if i can't read it without logging in, that means google's bot can't index it.  just silly.  whoever is running that place is probably old and not particularly tech savvy.
probably they are in reality ashamed about selling their soul to the devil noory and don't want uninvited guests to see their noory loving posts?  8)
FF2 appears to be an exclusive group of the old core FF members.
Probably won't grow much beyond that with these kind of tactics.  :P

Coastgab in contrast is very inclusive for everybody.  :D

MV/Liberace!

i just checked with shirleypal, and she said they're not banning coastgab users.  she said there was more to the story than that.  i have no reason not to believe her.  she's always been cool with me.

Morgus

its obvious at FF2 they just don't like what coastgab posters say about norry.
of course they won't admit that, but the actions of FF2 tells it all.
not allowing guest viewing of their threads and being a noory-loving site with friday night c2c shoutouts.
it all just shows how exclusive that group at FF2 is.

coastgab however doesn't use those tactics and is inclusive to all - much better and a bigger membership and activity because of it.
no need for any help from noory and his onair friday night shoutouts either.  ;D

Morgus

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 18, 2011, 02:57:26 PMtheir decision to require a login simply to READ posts is very naive and short sighted.  if i can't read it without logging in, that means google's bot can't index it.  just silly.  whoever is running that place is probably old and not particularly tech savvy.
yes that is very short sighted and not very good for growing a new site.
coastgab gets much more members and activity by being open to all and letting guests see what its all about before registering - much preferable.  :)