• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Any topic that makes you immediately turn off the show?

Started by rangers1919, July 11, 2011, 11:27:04 PM

Chupacabra

Anything to do with ufos, Ghosts or health related.

What ever happened to topics that make your hair stand up?

OilyManatee

I turn the show off pretty quick (not immediately) when the issues are ghosts or UFO sightings. I try to give those shows a shot. Ghosts & UFOs & may find their way into other subjects, and fit well, but on their own they often just feel like a broken record to me.

I also tune out quick when the guest feels pro-war, hyping up some cheesy suitcase nuke threat that we face because the world is 'jealous of our freedom and HFCS'.

I'm actually very non-plussed with the crap they've got listed for the forthcoming week, aside from tonight of course. Totally uninspiring.

SgtRocko

Health topics - almost immediate sign for me to hit the rack.  The powers of positive thinking or anything to do with meditation.  There are tonnes and tonnes of such shows on TV and the radio, I'm tuning in HERE to listen to (don't take this the wrong way) weirdness.

wicklow83

1. 2012 bs
2. guests who are making a lot of sense talking about religion, and then drop something like "so obviously jesus was a baby bigfoot, and his mom was impregnated by aliens from zorgon."
3. irrational thinking like there are 10 letters in washington, and you add his middle initial, and that gives you 11, and thre is our number 11 again....
.4. all you need is vitamin c and seaweed and your cancer will go away, no need to consult your doctor because he is a moron.

i like most of the shows, but there are just some things so irrational I cant waste my time.

SgtRocko

These 1960s flashbacks about hippie scientists, and tonight's blither about LSD are tuner-outers

Lovely Bones

Quote from: wicklow83 on September 24, 2011, 11:30:36 PM

.4. all you need is vitamin c and seaweed and your cancer will go away, no need to consult your doctor because he is a moron.

Pay attention, wicklow!  It's baking soda (food grade only, the kind in the super market would be "very, very, very bad") and maple syrup (organic only). 

That's what cures cancer. 

Sheesh.

;D

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Lovely Bones on September 26, 2011, 09:14:36 AM
Pay attention, wicklow!  It's baking soda (food grade only, the kind in the super market would be "very, very, very bad") and maple syrup (organic only). 

That's what cures cancer. 

Sheesh.

;D
It reads to me like we are preparing pancakes for brunch.  IHOP not!

M Knight

In "the truth is stranger than fiction" category I can imagine that someday soon Noory will have a show devoted to moustaches, or more accurately, his moustache.  The guest will be pushing a book entitled "The Power of Moustaches", and Noory will be commenting on the positive effects of turmeric on moustache growth. 

Noory will ask questions such as "Do you think there are moustaches on other planets?"; "Why don't robots have moustaches?" and "What came first, the moustache or the egg?" among other gems of midnight conversation starters.  The show will end with a befitting song from UFO Phil... (repeated twice).

Scully

Quote from: M Knight on September 26, 2011, 11:12:02 AM
In "the truth is stranger than fiction" category I can imagine that someday soon Noory will have a show devoted to moustaches, or more accurately, his moustache.  The guest will be pushing a book entitled "The Power of Moustaches", and Noory will be commenting on the positive effects of turmeric on moustache growth. 

Noory will ask questions such as "Do you think there are moustaches on other planets?"; "Why don't robots have moustaches?" and "What came first, the moustache or the egg?" among other gems of midnight conversation starters.  The show will end with a befitting song from UFO Phil... (repeated twice).

"Absolutely!"

And don't forget, "What got you interested in moustaches?"  And "What keeps you going on the subject of moustaches?"  8)

Quote from: Scully on September 26, 2011, 10:12:52 PM

"Absolutely!"

And don't forget, "What got you interested in moustaches?"  And "What keeps you going on the subject of moustaches?"  8)

How about, "Do you think people without moustaches are demons?"  :o

M Knight

Quote from: Treading Water on September 27, 2011, 05:19:12 AM
How about, "Do you think people without moustaches are demons?"  :o

Or, "do you think moustaches know when they are about to crash into a planet?"

SgtRocko

"Pay attention, wicklow!  It's baking soda (food grade only, the kind in the super market would be "very, very, very bad") and maple syrup (organic only). "

Silly, silly people!  It's Lamb Curry, turmeric pudding, and channa bhajji with a side of nice poory that clears up cancer.  Substitute Chicken Vindaloo if you've got prostate issues

redgiant

First post here, sadly its a complaint.

I have been listening to coast to coast almost nightly for 13 years-I can't stand:
"most" health shows
comic books,
television or movie guests; unless its intriguing insider info ie producer who worked with Stanley Kubrick
Glynnis McCants(??)ie " the numbers lady" ;
Anything that could be heard on "an average" radio show: ie info that is not paranormal or provacative, and related to the mysteries of the mind, human experience and universe. I don't want alien shows every evening; I love quantum physics shows and time travel shows-but not 4 times a week. The English Minister that speaks with marbles in his mouth (George loves his voice)-I turn it off immediately-Most politics shows; current event shows; most military shows; Basically-I want intrigue not the mundane, something I could watch on CNN or Fox. I don''t like debunkers; God part of the brain guest; science is the ONLY answer guests-I get enough of that at my job or talking to my friends.

Oddly-Linda Moulton Howe "worked", some how, on Art's show Dreamland-but I turn her off when she is on now.

I like ghosts and strange experiences; paranormal; occult; astrology; the after life; strange creatures-mothman, werewolves, vampires  ; Conspiracy; parapsychology and forensic psychology( Not CSI or detective shows-but the actual making of the mind); Voodoo and Witchcraft (Evelyn Paglini); Excorisms; Good psychics and predictions; Edgar Casey; A lot of great religious guests-Malachy Martin comes to mind and there have been other priests and ministers who have been great-not preaching but sharing information, history etc; Demon and possesion; Miraculous healing; First Nations Guests; Remote viewing; Quantum physics and the origins of the universe; time travel; alternative history; hidden history- I like about 65- 75% of the topics. I listen to about 70% of the shows.

Its not the topics themselves or always the guest that turns me off-mostly its my boredom with George Noory and how he interviews and the terrible streamlink music:Disco tech club crap or the "dizzy, manic" dripping tap MUZAK- kills the show most nights-not to mention the pointless BUMPER music (which always BLASTS when I am asleep)-that has no context with the topic-1950's and 60's Frankie Avalon-YIIIIKES!  Art used his music choices to create a feeling-I was taken away somewhere else when the show was young. Now its just a habit-                 

CoastCanuck

For me, it's more than a topic that turns it off.  I rarely listen on Saturday nights anymore.  I think the last Jason the horse show was the clincher.

b_dubb

bible prophecy.  bible anything really.  i just don't care about organized religion.  of any kind.  and superstition in general

Ruteger

Hoagland. I cannot stand his arrogant condescending attitude. He talks down to everyone. In his delusional mind, he is always right and the other person is always wrong - no matter what.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Ruteger on October 21, 2011, 08:19:28 PM
Hoagland. I cannot stand his arrogant condescending attitude. He talks down to everyone. In his delusional mind, he is always right and the other person is always wrong - no matter what.

Hoagland reminds me of the temperamental pro athlete who says "did you play in the NFL" or the Jesse Ventura type of vet who pulls the "did you serve" card. Fuck 'em.

Pertzborn

For some reason Hoagland doesn't bother me much.  He is such a charlatan and blatant bullshit*er that he is (at least to me) very amusing.

It is all in the eye of the beholder.  You could say the same about the numbers lady but I would rather do home dental work than listen to her for more than 10 seconds.  YMMV.

expat

I always loved the guy who posted this on the wikipedia page on numerology. It lasted a day or two before the rulez nazis got him:

Mathematical disciplines, in descending order of rigour:
Higher mathematics
Mathematics
Recreational mathematics
Coincidences
Dog poo
Numerology

astroguy

Glynis McCants (sp?), Linda Howe, oil, energy policy ("policy" stuff in general), Ron Paul, economics, JFK, ghosts.  Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I mainly listen to stay on top of the big scams that do harm (doomsday crap and alt med) and ones I can blog or podcast about (anything related to astronomy or the related pseudosciences).  Oh, and I listen to the "psychics" because I actually record what they say (like the 2010 predictions).

Falkie2013

I like the numbers lady, wish Hoagland would show defintive PROOF of his NASA conspiracy, hate the former Bush finance official who's obsessed with local businesses, can't stand Punnett and his rock and dead rock star shows; wish Snoory would stop having Hollywood types on and enough already with the Twilight Zone and Billy Mumy !

I liked the financial guy the other night, the guy with the book on preparedness for disaster, and love George Knapp, though his topic last night on a hired killer did nothing for me. First time I never listenened to Knapp.

I no longer listen to Punnett at all, have only listenened to 1 Snoory show in the last 2 weeks and hate what he's done to a legendary show.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vatar

Psychics, witches, religious nutcases (accept JC), alex jones, RCH, and LMH.

Quote from: rangers1919 on July 11, 2011, 11:27:04 PM
As soon as I hear the Numbers Lady, or numerology I turn off. Lately as the show has transitioned into a religious show I turn off any religious based host within a few minutes if it isn't interesting. In the last few weeks I've pretty much turned off any religious show within minutes if it wasn't hosted by Ian because they are uniformly bad. The weather patterns topics generally do it to me too, but they aren't on too often. The show has been talking about economics lately, and the lack of knowledge is astounding to me, but I do listen depending on the guest--that one is closer to 50/50.

Yes, the Numbers Lady.  It used to be anything related to predictions or 'remote viewing', those ghost investigators that need to tell us in advance what we are hearing on the recordings, life after death stuff, anytime Whitley Strieber, Alex Jones, Gerald Celente or Katherine Fitts came on... now it's pretty easy - anything with George Noory or Ian Punnett hosting..

Frys Girl

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 28, 2011, 07:05:57 PM

Yes, the Numbers Lady.  It used to be anything related to predictions or 'remote viewing', those ghost investigators that need to tell us in advance what we are hearing on the recordings, life after death stuff, anytime Whitley Strieber, Alex Jones, Gerald Celente or Katherine Fitts came on... now it's pretty easy - anything with George Noory or Ian Punnett hosting..
Last time the numbers lady was on, George called her some weird names.... he was trying to flirt and make fun of her at the same time because she was telling some numbers related life milestone and I think he said "you tart blonde" or "saucy blonde you." It was horrific. She was enjoying that shit! As a woman, I was offended.

Vatar

Quote from: Frys Girl on November 29, 2011, 10:19:24 PM
Last time the numbers lady was on, George called her some weird names.... he was trying to flirt and make fun of her at the same time because she was telling some numbers related life milestone and I think he said "you tart blonde" or "saucy blonde you." It was horrific. She was enjoying that shit! As a woman, I was offended.

Look out ladies Noory is on the prowl.  It's a good thing the best form of birth control Noory uses lives on his upper lip.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Vatar on November 30, 2011, 02:05:23 AM
Look out ladies Noory is on the prowl.  It's a good thing the best form of birth control Noory uses lives on his upper lip.

Did anyone hear the story he told last night about trying to move a flight attendant out of the way so that he could get past?  He said he put his hand on her shoulder "just like anyone would" as a signal that he wanted to get past.  He was outraged describing how she apparently "went off" on him, telling him not to touch her.  He couldn't understand why she didn't "get" his hand on her shoulder as a signal to move or why SHE didn't apologize to HIM.

I didn't get why he couldn't have simply said, "Excuse me, may I get past you?" without touching her.  I'd have been creeped out if Noory touched me, too. 

Kylearan

I actually have two shows I can't stand to listen to. Number two, in order of hate is any guest peddling any "HAARP is a weather control device or mind control device" conspiracy theory. Anyone doing the math on that one will figure out that the HAARP can't create storms and move hurricanes around like checkers on a checker board.

The most hated topic is chemtrails. The chemtrail theory that claims all or most commercial and military jet contrails are actually a secret governmetn program to spray us with mind control or weather control chemicals. Of all the conspiracy theories I've heard, the chemtrail conspiracy theory is the one most easily debunked. All anyone has to do is fly through them and take samples but nobody seems to want to do that to prove the theory.

Kylearan

Kylearan

Quote from: texaskdog on July 12, 2011, 02:46:41 AM
I'm not into EVPs & ghosts at all,  health-relatevd guests, or any of George's open lines, or anything Linda Moulton Howe, even though the topics themselves are good.

LMH makes me angry. It takes a lot for me to get angry at a talk show guest. LMH was on with someone a while ago and the topic was solar flare activity. The guest said that there will be powerful solaf flares but none that will cause any loss of life or real damage. Linda quickly said that one of her quack scientists has found that those future solar flares will cause major damage and problems. It was like LMH tried to start an argument because his predictions weren't dire enough. Seems LMH is addicted to EOTW conspiracy theories. I wonder how many times LMH has told us the world was about to go through earth-shattering changes and all kinds of other disasters were upon us only to have them not happen. LMH is full of...well I'll let others come up with what they think she's full of.

Kylearan