• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Red Eye Radio

Started by Pertzborn, July 08, 2011, 10:37:46 AM

Pertzborn

Any other former coasties listen to Red Eye Radio with Doug McIntyre and (sometimes) Marc Germain?  I gave up on Snoory after hearing the numbers lady one too many times (I heard her once  :o)  although I still tune in to hear Ian once in a while. 

Eddie Coyle

Better than Noory's C2C, but McIntyre can be a bit dry. The callers aren't exactly beacons either. Caller-driven radio is a risky proposition. Vox populi can make you want to tear your hair out...

texaskdog

Quote from: Pertzborn on July 08, 2011, 10:37:46 AM
Any other former coasties listen to Red Eye Radio with Doug McIntyre and (sometimes) Marc Germain?  I gave up on Snoory after hearing the numbers lady one too many times (I heard her once  :o)  although I still tune in to hear Ian once in a while.

But its July 8, 2011.  7+8+2+0+1+1=19.  1+9=10. 1+0=1.  1 is the day of power.  However it depends what day you were born and your personal year.

....just in case you missed her.

keep in mind guests that give George a woody get on more often:  Numbers Lady, Howe, Psychic Twins, Hoaglund....

Pertzborn

Quote from: texaskdog on July 11, 2011, 08:36:05 PM
But its July 8, 2011.  7+8+2+0+1+1=19.  1+9=10. 1+0=1.  1 is the day of power.  However it depends what day you were born and your personal year.

....just in case you missed her.

LOL (literally!)

@ Eddie Coyle:  McIntyre can be dry, but dry helps me fall asleep.  I listen to WABC in the evenings.  John Batchelor (outstanding) followed by Red Eye Radio equals no insomnia.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Pertzborn on July 18, 2011, 09:29:23 PM

@ Eddie Coyle:   I listen to WABC in the evenings.  John Batchelor (outstanding) followed by Red Eye Radio equals no insomnia.

Batchelor has an absolutely brilliant format, the centerpiece being: No callers! It's such a wonderful departure from most talk radio.

slipstream

Doug McIntyre is no longer hosting this show.  A pair of hosts has now taken over.  I'll give them a chance - better than listening to nooron (I hope).

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: slipstream on January 03, 2012, 12:17:55 AM
Doug McIntyre is no longer hosting this show.  A pair of hosts has now taken over.  I'll give them a chance - better than listening to nooron (I hope).

It sucks McIntyre is gone...and these two hosts are AWFUL. As bad as Noory. They make Glenn Beck sound like "All Things Considered"

kf5iwe

These 2 guys came from a show out of Ft Worth tx for truckers. It used to be Bill Mack's show The Midnight Cowboy, but when he went to XM the Ft worth station (820 am WBAP) gave the program to them. I used to listen to Bill Mack, thats how I know this. Jan 1 they took over Red Eye. Now they are on a lot of stations coast to coast including some old C2C stations. Like Batchelor though

slipstream

I just heard Ross Mitchell doing the intro voice for this show.  How funny

martinjsxx

The two guys now doing the show sound like a parody of a radio show, very phony sounding. It is like the radio version of Fernwood 2 Night.

sherry440

I truly miss Doug in the overnight spot. He had the intellect to be a fantastic interviewer if he'd have more guests and not just callin. He'ss morning time LA now....
Great wit this guy and fabulous taste in music!

fabucat

I loathe Red Eye Radio.  Just another bunch of self-important haters. 

John Batchelor can be great.  He's smart enough to have some general interest non-political things, like discussion with history book authors.  When he gets political, I switch (because I'm a pinko).  Unlike most conservatives, however, he doesn't feel the need to fulminate against liberals during his entire show.

Digitech

I can't really get into it.

I also heard Ross Mitchell announcing it. Someone else already noted that he gives a 'East of the rockies/west of the rockies' thing, then says 'one show, one number, red eye radio.' I also heard another slogan where the host said 'No spaceships, no aliens, just great conversation.' Even though I don't especially care for this show, I can't help but hope that it overtakes C2C as the de-facto overnight radio program.

The callers that I heard this morning weren't much better than Noory's callers though. Here is semi-transcript of a blubbering, stuttering caller who would have fit right in with some of the face-palm worthy calls on C2C. The caller spoke with the

Host (Gary McNamara): Hello, good morning.
Caller: Good morning...Do you kno who dad Robert Mucknar-macdo-mac-
Host: Robert McNamara?
Caller: Yeah, do you know who that is?
Host: You mean the former Secretary of Defense?
Caller: Right, right..uh, um...is that your dad?
Host: No, my father is still alive.
Caller: Okay, um, well...Robert Mc.....I, um..I wanted to tell your audience something about him
Host: Alright, go ahead
Caller: This is from the Project Blue (Book?) online, uh, um...So...Robert Manermer, Mcnermara was the Secretary of Defense from 1961 to 1968--
Host: How about you just summarize it for us? I don't think we have time for you to read it to us.
Caller: uh...um...ok...uh...so...Robert..President Kennedy...uh, um, the NSA, known as the National Security, um...well, Robert Mcnamara....the NSA has run this country for decades...
Host: Thank you for your call

stevesh

Sounds like Redeye is poaching Noory's callers as well as his affiliates.

Usagi

Quote from: Digitech on April 21, 2012, 09:45:48 AM
'No spaceships, no aliens, just great conversation.' Even though I don't especially care for this show, I can't help but hope that it overtakes C2C as the de-facto overnight radio program.

Quote from: stevesh on April 21, 2012, 11:42:58 AM
Sounds like Redeye is poaching Noory's callers as well as his affiliates.

But... but... I LIKE spaceships and aliens.  And, please, let them poach the idiots.  Please.

Does Red Eye have a knee-jerk conservative bent to it?

Digitech

QuoteEven though I don't especially care for this show, I can't help but hope that it overtakes C2C as the de-facto overnight radio program.

I saw that the station I used to listen to C2C on in Kansas City has dropped the show in favor of Red Eye. As far as I know, the show is not carried at all in KC anymore.

stevesh

We have two talk stations here, and the one that carried C2C (WJIM) switched to Redeye Radio a month or so ago. At the same time, the other one (WILS) switched from Jerry Doyle to Phil Hendrie. After what I suspect were a lot of complaints, including a couple from me, WILS switched to Coast To Coast.

I emailed Lisa Lyon to ask if C2C could recognize WILS somehow, and there's a big welcome banner on the C2C home page today. Credit where credit's due, I guess.

Sleepwalker

I've been listening to Coast to Coast AM on KSFO San Francisco (via my trusty C. Crane wifi radio) and last night they switched to Red Eye Radio.  I listened to it for about five minutes and it was beyond hideous.  The hosts laughed and guffawed at everything the other one said.  Hard to believe that piece of #*@&^& will last long.  It does have one similarity to Coast to Coast AM - both shows insult the listeners' intelligence.

Oversoul

Quote from: Sleepwalker on May 26, 2012, 06:03:46 AM
I've been listening to Coast to Coast AM on KSFO San Francisco (via my trusty C. Crane wifi radio) and last night they switched to Red Eye Radio.  I listened to it for about five minutes and it was beyond hideous.  The hosts laughed and guffawed at everything the other one said.  Hard to believe that piece of #*@&^& will last long.  It does have one similarity to Coast to Coast AM - both shows insult the listeners' intelligence.

There we have it -- the dumbing down of America.  A very sad day indeed.  Let the End Times roll.

Quote from: tmock00 on May 26, 2012, 09:03:17 PM
I thought it was KSFO, but wasn't sure.

According to this article, Coast may be moving to AM 910 KKSF.

http://www.ntsmediaonline.com/?p=43868

Thanks for the info tmock00!  (Newstalk 910 is another Bay Area talk station, for anyone not familiar with it.  More neocon garbage, unfortunately.)  Here is the url for anyone wishing to listen to c2c on KFBK in Sacramento online:

http://www.iheart.com/#/live/217/?autoplay=true