• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George sucks because he can't do shows like....

Started by Zaqir, April 07, 2008, 08:45:02 PM

Zaqir

We all know George sucks but why?

List some of the shows you loved that Art did which George can never hold a candle to.

For me?

Malaki Martin Shows, Early Ed Dames shows (Around the time he wanted to view Satan etc),Al Beilik, Dr Leir etc etc.

George is all too happy doing "Dr" Evaling Paglini BS shows... or Prophet Yahweh (god damn those were bad)

Charles

Don't forget Tom Biscardi .... that bigfoot hunter guy.

I do however have to say George handled him well in the end ... but who knows how many people were duped out of money from the bigfoot camera and crap.

As Art goes his most exciting nights for me were the Phoenix Lights and the pilot flying over area 51. And certainly can't leave out the super glue incident.

sillydog

Ghost to Ghost and the Prediction Show.

Ding, ding, ding!

sillydog

Oh, and my partner reminded me, John Keel.  He's a clever guy and would not willingly suffer George Noory.

Spikegirl

Mel of Mel's Hole fame.

I can just imagine how the interview with George would go. (squiggly lines indicating a dream sequence)

GN- "Mel, do you think that hole is a portal to a universe where it is already 2012?"
Mel- "Uh, no. As I was saying-..."
GN- "Hey Mel. Did you know that Disney had a movie about holes in the dessert? The name of the movie was "Holes"! Do you think they based it on your hole?"
Mel- "No.....anyway, the fire that started on the bucket of ice that we lowered is still burning and seems to be an renewable source of energy. In fact, one of the military people who was sent to investigate-"
GN- (laughter)
Mel (taken aback)- "George, are you still there? I was saying that one of the military-"
GN- "Iceland"
Mel- "Iceland?"
GN- "The country that 80's pop icon Bjork is from. That was the trivia question Tommy asked me at lunch today. It just came to me now (via Google)"
Mel-"Thanks for having me on tonight, George. I feel a headache coming on and better lay down for a bit."
GN- "Amazing!"

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Charles on April 07, 2008, 08:54:22 PM
And certainly can't leave out the super glue incident.
haha i forgot about that.

ArtBellFan

QuoteAs Art goes his most exciting nights for me were the Phoenix Lights and the pilot flying over area 51. And certainly can't leave out the super glue incident.

Charles all Art has to do is show up and it is exciting. 8)

Max

Quote from: ArtBellFan on April 09, 2008, 02:56:37 PM
QuoteAs Art goes his most exciting nights for me were the Phoenix Lights and the pilot flying over area 51. And certainly can't leave out the super glue incident.

this last two shows were kinda boring... impo, they were not  the best he has done..

but... when your doing a show every so often.. you lose the edge..

ArtBellFan

Max the show Art just did with Dr. Michio Kaku was fantastic, maybe theoretical physics doesn't interest you, on Art's worst day he is still the best out there, I don't think he has lost his edge at all.

Charles

Quote from: ArtBellFan on April 09, 2008, 02:56:37 PM

Extremely True ... I think he does better shows when he is in "the loop" as they say ... his shows lately are great but they seem to not pass on certain important info to him ... and well the screeners .. yes he now has them. UHG!  :o

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on April 08, 2008, 06:21:41 PM
Mel of Mel's Hole fame.

I can just imagine how the interview with George would go. (squiggly lines indicating a dream sequence)

GN- "Mel, do you think that hole is a portal to a universe where it is already 2012?"
GN- "Hey Mel. Did you know that Disney had a movie about holes in the dessert? The name of the movie was "Holes"! Do you think they based it on your hole?"
Mel- "No.....anyway, the fire that started on the bucket of ice that we lowered is still burning and seems to be an renewable source of energy. In fact, one of the military people who was sent to investigate-"
GN- (laughter)
Mel (taken aback)- "George, are you still there? I was saying that one of the military-"
GN- "Iceland"
Mel- "Iceland?"
GN- "The country that 80's pop icon Bjork is from. That was the trivia question Tommy asked me at lunch today. It just came to me now (via Google)"
Mel-"Thanks for having me on tonight, George. I feel a headache coming on and better lay down for a bit."
GN- "Amazing!"

OMG!   You have him NAILED!  ROTFLM@O!

EvB

Remember that the pilot flying over area 51 broadcast took place on an April 1st (Don't recall the year)  I'm not sayin I KNOW it was a prank - I'm just sayin . . .

Nevertheless - amazing story or brilliant prank - it's a classic!

MV/Liberace!

who knows if it was a prank... but it seems to me that usually in the course of executing an april fool's joke, the perpetrator of the joke eventually apprises the "victim" of the cleverness of his ruse.  otherwise, it's not nearly as fun for the perp.  nobody was ever apprised of such in this case.  kinda makes you wonder.... MUAHahahaha!!

Quote from: Spikegirl on April 08, 2008, 06:21:41 PM
GN- (laughter)
GN- "Iceland"
Mel- "Iceland?"
GN- "Amazing!"

Hah! Yeah, you definitely nailed his annoying habit of unrelated referencing with that one. Thanks for the lulz.  :)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on May 12, 2008, 08:20:21 PM
Hah! Yeah, you definitely nailed his annoying habit of unrelated referencing with that one. Thanks for the lulz.  :)
there is a word for what noory does.  his left-field quips are called non sequiturs.  there's an entire wikipedia article on it here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_%28humor%29

as you're reading it, you'll be absolutely FORCED to think about snoors.

timpate

I never did like George. I hated him from day one.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on May 13, 2008, 01:57:45 AM
Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on May 12, 2008, 08:20:21 PM
there is a word for what noory does.  his left-field quips are called non sequiturs.  there's an entire wikipedia article on it here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_%28humor%29

Well shit,..THAT definitely nails him. George might as well be the "it" in "It does not follow" because that's pretty much his whole routine. And now I actually know what people are talking about when they refer to that term. Way to make the site fun, and educational!

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on May 13, 2008, 01:57:45 AM

I have a friend who has a really funny way of responding to people who do this to her in conversation.  She'll pause a moment, and then say "Yes, well, speaking of the fertile crescent . . ."