Friend of the show, actor Doug Hutchinson, 51, marries 16 year old.

Started by TaoOfLuxLisbon, June 21, 2011, 01:27:54 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

The General

Quote from: BobGrau on August 14, 2011, 10:48:21 AM
to get us back on topic here, how are the happy couple after a month or whatever it's been?

Sore, probably.

Quote from: BobGrau on August 14, 2011, 10:48:21 AM
to get us back on topic here, how are the happy couple after a month or whatever it's been?

and no, I'm not talking about michael and ana  :P

Hahahaha   OW!  I thought I heard Lisa, Tommy, & Georgie giggling and smirking.....but, nevermind!!     ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Scully on August 14, 2011, 04:34:54 AM
I watched the Bill Hicks video (I guess that's who it was) that Michael provided above, and I certainly can see the influence he has evidently had on a few unnamed people who post on this forum.

I think he scrapes the very bottom of the barrel for his content ... one more thing for me to worry about, I suppose.  I have grandchildren growing up in this angry world we have become.

As Onan says people have different opinions. This is mine.  :'(


first off, no need to leave anyone unnamed.



second, my point in posting the bill hicks video was to illustrate the fact that things are sometimes funny, despite how "off limits" or socially unacceptable they are to you personally.  i can't (and won't) control what makes me laugh.  when i'm hearing/reading/watching comedy, i don't do so through the prism of anything being off limits.  i think people who DO limit their humor exposure in that fashion aren't fun or funny people, despite how they might like to see themselves.


also on the list of subjects that can be funny if delivered smartly:
rape
suicide
abortion
retardation
pink socking
spousal abuse
homosexuality
white supremacy


and if i had to choose any era to grow up in, i think it would be this one without question.  sure, there's anger out there, but i think it's less than what was, and i think we're plagued by fewer obstacles than in the past.  i think life is better now than it ever has been, frankly.  the "good old days" weren't so good, as evidenced by the lengthy conversations my grandmother and i used to have about it.  life used to suck hard in numerous ways.  war (cold and otherwise), lack of medical advancement, racial inequality, no air conditioning, an electric mixer being the height of technology in the home... no thanks.  i'm happy right here where i am, and i suspect your grandkids would agree.  life was really scary just twenty five short years ago.  i'm 31, and i can recall being scared shitless in the late 1980s when i learned of the weapons the USSR had pointed at us.  what can kids list as fears on THAT level today?  nothing i can think of.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on August 14, 2011, 02:44:10 PMi'm 31, and i can recall being scared shitless in the late 1980s when i learned of the weapons the USSR had pointed at us.  what can kids list as fears on THAT level today?  nothing i can think of.

Are you kidding? Nowadays they aren't even sure who is pointing those kinds of weapons at them, just that someone has their finger on the trigger with America in the crosshairs.

I grew up at pretty much the exact same time as you (I'm 33), and I think you're really underestimating the effects of terrorism to scare the shit out of kids. The Reds never actually attacked American soil, whereas that changed in 2001. The atmosphere is doom and gloom constantly in the media when it comes to a variety of things like the environment, which I'm sure most kids can pick up on even if they don't understand the minutiae. The Exxon-Valdez spill scared me when I was a kid. How much worse was Deepwater Horizon?

The 80s were far from the height of the cold war also. To get the really pants wetting details we need to go back to our parents generation and take a long look at the Cuban missile crisis, which still surprises me at how psychotically close we came.

anagrammy

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on August 14, 2011, 02:44:10 PM

second, my point in posting the bill hicks video was to illustrate the fact that things are sometimes funny, despite how "off limits" or socially unacceptable they are to you personally.  i can't (and won't) control what makes me laugh.  when i'm hearing/reading/watching comedy, i don't do so through the prism of anything being off limits.  i think people who DO limit their humor exposure in that fashion aren't fun or funny people, despite how they might like to see themselves.

also on the list of subjects that can be funny if delivered smartly:
rape
suicide
abortion
retardation
pink socking
spousal abuse
homosexuality
white supremacy

and if i had to choose any era to grow up in, i think it would be this one without question.  sure, there's anger out there, but i think it's less than what was, and i think we're plagued by fewer obstacles than in the past.  i think life is better now than it ever has been, frankly.  the "good old days" weren't so good, as evidenced by the lengthy conversations my grandmother and i used to have about it.  life used to suck hard in numerous ways.  war (cold and otherwise), lack of medical advancement, racial inequality, no air conditioning, an electric mixer being the height of technology in the home... no thanks.  i'm happy right here where i am, and i suspect your grandkids would agree.  life was really scary just twenty five short years ago.  i'm 31, and i can recall being scared shitless in the late 1980s when i learned of the weapons the USSR had pointed at us.  what can kids list as fears on THAT level today?  nothing i can think of.

This is an appallingly adolescent for a man your age. 

The naivete in believing that technological improvements in household appliances somehow trumps the reality that my children have lost faith in America?  They ARE afraid.  Afraid they can't afford to complete their education because wealth has transferred away from education.  Afraid their architectural degree will be useless, because no one is building anymore.  They are not free because some sectors of the economy are dead and others are necrotic.  They are afraid social security will not be there for them when their time comes. They are afraid of seafood from the gulf and nuclear radiation from Japan. They the weather changes, earthquakes and fear their children will have autism.  They are afraid to vaccinate them and afraid not to vaccinate them.

I grew up in the fifties when we trusted what the government told us.  Granted, we were ignorant that they were giving syphilis to Guatamalans and hiding information about bad polio vaccine, so we trusted them.  You say we had what you call "real" fears.  You mean fear of nuclear holocaust.  That was true, of course, but I was never afraid I was not on the John Wayne side. I was never afraid to eat any food from the grocery store- it was ALL "natural." Everyone drank water from the tap.  I was not afraid to walk to school, not afraid to play in the neighborhood by myself.  I was never afraid of what my country might have done or might be doing to people.  I never doubted that America was chosen by God to lead the world to freedom.  I believed that World War II was the war to end all wars.  I was sure the world would be a better, more abundant place when I started my family.  I knew I had a wonderful future.

My children have lost their faith in America. Talk about living with fear?  My grandchildren cannot play in their own front yard without an adult guarding them. My children don't trust the police to protect them and they are always looking up where the predators live.  They no longer trust their own government and no longer respect American democracy.  They have learned that voting doesn't matter and that the elected officials are corrupt regardless of what party they come from.  It was better to grow up knowing for sure you could go to school if you worked hard and knowing for sure the American economy would have a place for you no matter what you studied.  My grandchildren are studying Mandarin (no joke) so they will "for sure" have a job when they grow up.

I liked the political conventions and when I was a teenager, we all rallied around the winner.  We considered members of the other political party real Americans just like we were (my family was Republican).  We stayed up all night on election night and so did everyone we knew.  It was the big topic of discussion at school for months because this is how America avoided bloodshed.  You don't know how the country changed after Kennedy's assassination.  We thought coups couldn't happen here because we have elections.  A piece of the heart of America broke then and never healed.  A cynicism took its place.

I remember visiting a used car lot when I was in middle school.  There were bomb shelters lined up at the end of the row of cars.  You buried them in your back yard.  I asked my mother why we didn't get one and she answered, "I would rather be dead than live in one of those."  I was only afraid of the Russians. 

My children are afraid of the future.

Anagrammy

BobGrau

Ana, you speak a lot of truth there, however you've got to STOP DWELLING ON THE BAD STUFF.

Yes, the world is a shitty place in many ways. Assuming you don't want to make it more shitty by checking out early, I suggest you go out in the sunshine and remind yourself of the good side of life. Go hiking or something. Watch some comedy. Call up a friend who always makes you laugh.
and so on.

Don't sit for hours at a time on the internet reading hysterical news headlines and scanning for 'predators' in your neighbourhood. the bad stuff is always there if you look for it - fine, now apply that procedure to the good stuff.
all you're doing with a post like that is spreading the fear around in a somewhat nooryesque manner (surely the ultimate insult around here).

sorry to administer a slapping, but I work very hard at maintaining a positive attitude despite all evidence to the contrary, and I know a wallower when I see one. Try harder.


Good points all around.  I grew up mostly terrified.  I'm old now and still mostly terrified.
But when it's all boiled down it doesn't matter when it was scarier.  Then or now, BFD.  It just doesn't matter.
Worrying about shit sure won't change it.  Didn't then, doesn't now. 
I figured out long ago that hiding under a desk wasn't how I wanted to go.  I want to be standing up holding on to someone else. 
Pollyanna?  Maybe.  But it works for me until it doesn't.  Then I'll just try something else.
Doesn't mean I'll stop pissing and moaning about it, though.  JMO   ::)

Oh, yeah.  Am I exposing myself as a total dweeb if I ask what a pink socking is? 

anagrammy

Quote from: BobGrau on August 14, 2011, 06:57:13 PM
Ana, you speak a lot of truth there, however you've got to STOP DWELLING ON THE BAD STUFF.

Yes, the world is a shitty place in many ways. Assuming you don't want to make it more shitty by checking out early, I suggest you go out in the sunshine and remind yourself of the good side of life. Go hiking or something. Watch some comedy. Call up a friend who always makes you laugh.
and so on.

Don't sit for hours at a time on the internet reading hysterical news headlines and scanning for 'predators' in your neighbourhood. the bad stuff is always there if you look for it - fine, now apply that procedure to the good stuff.
all you're doing with a post like that is spreading the fear around in a somewhat nooryesque manner (surely the ultimate insult around here).

sorry to administer a slapping, but I work very hard at maintaining a positive attitude despite all evidence to the contrary, and I know a wallower when I see one. Try harder.

Did I miss making my point that it's my CHILDREN who are fearful, not me.  I am not fearful at all--like most older people, I've lived a good life and am reaping the benefits of having good health and being able to enjoy life.  Michael indicated that an earlier time was more scary, and I having been alive during that time, didn't agree.  Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with me.

Now is always the best moment to be alive and I am trying hard to work with my children to help them realize that there's nothing you can do about the weather, the water, the politics, the this or the that.  We actually had pretty corrupt politics in the 50's too--I just didn't know about it when I was a child.  Now even the kids know the country's in trouble.

Despite the threat of nuclear war with Russia, my point was that my life was less fearful than my children's (except for the one who is also into Buddhism).

But thanks for your concern

Anagrammy

If there's fear now it's mostly pessimism spread by the Baby Boomers who sought to delete Western Civilization and are sore that some of it is still remaining. This is why the patriotism and community and innocence of earlier decades are now considered hopelessly naive.

Scully

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on August 14, 2011, 02:44:10 PM

first off, no need to leave anyone unnamed.

second, my point in posting the bill hicks video was to illustrate the fact that things are sometimes funny, despite how "off limits" or socially unacceptable they are to you personally.  i can't (and won't) control what makes me laugh.  when i'm hearing/reading/watching comedy, i don't do so through the prism of anything being off limits.  i think people who DO limit their humor exposure in that fashion aren't fun or funny people, despite how they might like to see themselves.


also on the list of subjects that can be funny if delivered smartly:
rape
suicide
abortion
retardation
pink socking
spousal abuse
homosexuality
white supremacy


and if i had to choose any era to grow up in, i think it would be this one without question.  sure, there's anger out there, but i think it's less than what was, and i think we're plagued by fewer obstacles than in the past.  i think life is better now than it ever has been, frankly.  the "good old days" weren't so good, as evidenced by the lengthy conversations my grandmother and i used to have about it.  life used to suck hard in numerous ways.  war (cold and otherwise), lack of medical advancement, racial inequality, no air conditioning, an electric mixer being the height of technology in the home... no thanks.  i'm happy right here where i am, and i suspect your grandkids would agree.  life was really scary just twenty five short years ago.  i'm 31, and i can recall being scared shitless in the late 1980s when i learned of the weapons the USSR had pointed at us.  what can kids list as fears on THAT level today?  nothing i can think of.

At 31 and without children, Michael, you have a world of learning yet to do.  The topics you list as appropriate to laugh about are all about someone's great misfortune. There's nothing I or anyone else can say that will change your way of thinking.  Only life experience can do that ... if anything can, as I understand that you like your present idealogy.

There have always been pros and cons about the decades of history. The era we're now living in is, IMHO, the angriest I have ever seen in my almost 70 years on the planet.  This anger is being fed by the people who earn an excellent living fanning the flames for public consumption.  In this time of instant communication, the opportunity to do this is unprecedented.

I'm reminded of the old Indian proverb about the conflicting values that live in all our hearts (can't remember which 2 animals they use as metaphors). When asked which animal will win out, the wise old native says, "The one I feed."


onan

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on August 14, 2011, 09:46:27 PM
If there's fear now it's mostly pessimism spread by the Baby Boomers who sought to delete Western Civilization and are sore that some of it is still remaining. This is why the patriotism and community and innocence of earlier decades are now considered hopelessly naive.

Please define patriotism, western civilization, and innocence. Because I really do not understand your premise.

Scully

Quote from: BobGrau on August 14, 2011, 06:57:13 PM
Ana, you speak a lot of truth there, however you've got to STOP DWELLING ON THE BAD STUFF.

Yes, the world is a shitty place in many ways. Assuming you don't want to make it more shitty by checking out early, I suggest you go out in the sunshine and remind yourself of the good side of life. Go hiking or something. Watch some comedy. Call up a friend who always makes you laugh.
and so on.

Don't sit for hours at a time on the internet reading hysterical news headlines and scanning for 'predators' in your neighbourhood. the bad stuff is always there if you look for it - fine, now apply that procedure to the good stuff.
all you're doing with a post like that is spreading the fear around in a somewhat nooryesque manner (surely the ultimate insult around here).

sorry to administer a slapping, but I work very hard at maintaining a positive attitude despite all evidence to the contrary, and I know a wallower when I see one. Try harder.

Bob, you've misjudged Anagrammy today.  Of all the things that might rightly be said about her, being a "wallower" is not one of them.  She is a mover and a shaker who is uncommonly adept at presenting all points of view with equal equanimity.

Her post was never about the hardships of her own life, which have been considerable, but were rather a well-done comparison of recent US history as compared to a previous post.

She gets an A+ in my class.


M Knight

Quote from: anagrammy on August 14, 2011, 06:12:48 PM
This is an appallingly adolescent for a man your age. 

The naivete in believing that technological improvements in household appliances somehow trumps the reality that my children have lost faith in America?  They ARE afraid.  Afraid they can't afford to complete their education because wealth has transferred away from education.  Afraid their architectural degree will be useless, because no one is building anymore.  They are not free because some sectors of the economy are dead and others are necrotic.  They are afraid social security will not be there for them when their time comes. They are afraid of seafood from the gulf and nuclear radiation from Japan. They the weather changes, earthquakes and fear their children will have autism.  They are afraid to vaccinate them and afraid not to vaccinate them.

I grew up in the fifties when we trusted what the government told us.  Granted, we were ignorant that they were giving syphilis to Guatamalans and hiding information about bad polio vaccine, so we trusted them.  You say we had what you call "real" fears.  You mean fear of nuclear holocaust.  That was true, of course, but I was never afraid I was not on the John Wayne side. I was never afraid to eat any food from the grocery store- it was ALL "natural." Everyone drank water from the tap.  I was not afraid to walk to school, not afraid to play in the neighborhood by myself.  I was never afraid of what my country might have done or might be doing to people.  I never doubted that America was chosen by God to lead the world to freedom.  I believed that World War II was the war to end all wars.  I was sure the world would be a better, more abundant place when I started my family.  I knew I had a wonderful future.

My children have lost their faith in America. Talk about living with fear?  My grandchildren cannot play in their own front yard without an adult guarding them. My children don't trust the police to protect them and they are always looking up where the predators live.  They no longer trust their own government and no longer respect American democracy.  They have learned that voting doesn't matter and that the elected officials are corrupt regardless of what party they come from.  It was better to grow up knowing for sure you could go to school if you worked hard and knowing for sure the American economy would have a place for you no matter what you studied.  My grandchildren are studying Mandarin (no joke) so they will "for sure" have a job when they grow up.

I liked the political conventions and when I was a teenager, we all rallied around the winner.  We considered members of the other political party real Americans just like we were (my family was Republican).  We stayed up all night on election night and so did everyone we knew.  It was the big topic of discussion at school for months because this is how America avoided bloodshed.  You don't know how the country changed after Kennedy's assassination.  We thought coups couldn't happen here because we have elections.  A piece of the heart of America broke then and never healed.  A cynicism took its place.

I remember visiting a used car lot when I was in middle school.  There were bomb shelters lined up at the end of the row of cars.  You buried them in your back yard.  I asked my mother why we didn't get one and she answered, "I would rather be dead than live in one of those."  I was only afraid of the Russians. 

My children are afraid of the future.

Anagrammy


Some of this is:  Knowledge - Critical Thinking = Paranoia x Social Networking

We have magnitudes more access to information, and most people do not have the mental discipline to analyze the information they allow into their minds.

Thus, we have misinterpretation, with limited perspective, leading to collective despair. 

I posit that the great explosion of social interaction through the internet has been at the expense of individualism, creativity and original thought.  If all we do is talk about problems and issues, without applying the power of individual minds to analyze and develop solutions, no wonder the world you describe is taking shape.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on August 14, 2011, 02:44:10 PM
second, my point in posting the bill hicks video was to illustrate the fact that things are sometimes funny, despite how "off limits" or socially unacceptable they are to you personally.  i can't (and won't) control what makes me laugh.  when i'm hearing/reading/watching comedy, i don't do so through the prism of anything being off limits.  i think people who DO limit their humor exposure in that fashion aren't fun or funny people, despite how they might like to see themselves.

I do agree x10 about your points on off-limits stuff having the potential to be funny, and not imposing arbitrary limits on your sense of humor.

Hey, anybody know what the name of this new reality show is going to be?  And is Doug's mother-in-law going to have final approval in what gets to air?  Just wondering.

onan

Quote from: M Knight on August 14, 2011, 10:50:13 PM

Some of this is:  Knowledge - Critical Thinking = Paranoia x Social Networking

Actually critical thinking if done in solitude is more likely to produce some amount of paranoia. "Always looking on the bright side of life" may be a great coping skill but it is also dismissive of how life really can be. It is a truly dishonest and segregating notion that to be content one has to monitor/safeguard against "bad" stuff. In actuality by denying the "bad" stuff, little is done to alleviate it.

There has been a fancy name for the position Anagrammy has described. Depressive realism suggests those that have a mild depressed affect are more likely to see the world and personal situations more realistically. A meta analysis of many studies over the past few decades shows depressive realism is more supported by data than counter arguments suggesting the contrary.

So where does that leave us? Pretty much where we started. Our lives no matter who or how they are measured have so many variables any conclusion is certainly going to have more than one point of view.

In a nut shell no one wants their specific parade rained on. But that is the nature of the world. Critical thinking is necessary to solve problems. But one has to be very careful of the Dunning-Kruger effect. Basically it says that people with less information are more likely even through critical thinking to come to the wrong conclusion. Yeah it is a garbage in garbage out metaphor. So when one says the sky is gray, it may not be the best approach to suggest "it may be gray but I don't want to think about it." Because it dismisses a clearly accurate view and it makes one look like an idiot.

onan

Quote from: Treading Water on August 15, 2011, 05:31:52 AM
Hey, anybody know what the name of this new reality show is going to be?  And is Doug's mother-in-law going to have final approval in what gets to air?  Just wondering.

I think "Who is Really Fucking Who?" would be catchy.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Scully on August 14, 2011, 10:04:42 PM

Bob, you've misjudged Anagrammy today.  Of all the things that might rightly be said about her, being a "wallower" is not one of them.  She is a mover and a shaker who is uncommonly adept at presenting all points of view with equal equanimity.

Her post was never about the hardships of her own life, which have been considerable, but were rather a well-done comparison of recent US history as compared to a previous post.

She gets an A+ in my class.
I agree. What she said is reasonable. There are advantages and disadvantages to any living in any age. Today, we have obesity, diabetes, unemployment, globalization, addiction, slobbiness, hipsters, crime, high taxation, and all the other crap you mentioned. However, I definitely wouldn't have liked living without air conditioning while experiencing segregation, discrimination, slavery, having tons of kids, or some of the other things MV mentioned. I love having a washer and dryer and swiffer :)

As for the caruthers post, if it were a non-famous 16 year old he said he wanted to "marry", the creep factor coming from a middle ager is high. But the media is all about sexualization of young girls. 25 = retired But I've known the poster who started this thing, and he's always been posting about sex, porn, and his love affair with both. Don't let it bug you.

anagrammy

Thanks for the support, folks.  My personal philosophy is that you create a positive energy from within, whatever the world challenges.  There has never been an "ideal" time, the present is always the most important time in history because it is the time when one can act.    One can write letters, protest, or just proclaim your truth here, on the internet.  This may require bravery.

I am pleased to hear that Michael received many PM's about Carruther's objectionable post that it was so great to screw a "girl" who's ass fit in the palm of his hand (really--a three-year old?).  Michael defended him and removed the comment due to PMs which agreed with me.  Nevertheless, he stuck to his guns that that comment was just humor.  Next a poster from someone who would seek a place in America which would allow him to marry a sixteen year old. Michael agreed with that joke, too.  Next, Michael posted a list of violent crimes which he believes are perfectly ok topics for humor if handled "correctly."   Here is his post:

"second, my point in posting the bill hicks video was to illustrate the fact that things are sometimes funny, despite how "off limits" or socially unacceptable they are to you personally.  i can't (and won't) control what makes me laugh.  when i'm hearing/reading/watching comedy, i don't do so through the prism of anything being off limits.  i think people who DO limit their humor exposure in that fashion aren't fun or funny people, despite how they might like to see themselves.

also on the list of subjects that can be funny if delivered smartly:
rape
suicide
abortion
retardation
pink socking
spousal abuse
homosexuality
white supremacy

One poster PMd me asking what pink socking was.  That's a hate crime, folks, where a bunch of bullies put dirt in socks and wait in the shower for their gay victim.  When the boy comes in they beat him bloody, hence turning the sock "pink" --water+blood, get it?

Michael invited me to leave this forum; he thinks it might not be right for me. As he stated above, I am not fun or funny because I don't like this kind of humor.  It makes violence a sick joke.   I have been thinking it over and considering that he may have a point.  This forum has been a big part of my life and has helped me through some rough spots, and I have made some "real" friends here.  This is why I have hesitated, also because I wanted to calm down.  Honestly, I suspect Michael is going through a rough time with Nabila gone and his back hurting.  And he just moved, so you know he's still living among boxes.  That can't be fun. 

This is the last straw for me, folks.  I realize everybody is entitled to his own opinion and I have supported, respected and tried to understand Michael Vandeven's positions.  But the combination of him defending Carruthers while believing sexual predators should be killed and him listing (and arranging prettily!) these "appropriate" topics for humor.  No, and I don't want to support the site of someone that believes this.  Nothing personal, I just have to stand by my own convictions.

Michael doesn't want people to say goodbye, he thinks they should just quit if they don't like CoastGab. I think freedom of speech includes the right to say why you are leaving.  I considered CoastGab my community--I've been a daily poster and I want to say goodbye, share my thoughts, and thanks for all the laughs.

Anagrammy

PS. If you'd like to stay in touch, email me at anagrammy@gmail.com




BobGrau

whoops.

for what it's worth, I regret my little rant above. Caffeine and nicotine are a difficult thing to balance sometimes.

M Knight

Quote from: anagrammy on August 15, 2011, 10:51:32 AM
Thanks for the support, folks.  My personal philosophy is that you create a positive energy from within, whatever the world challenges.  There has never been an "ideal" time, the present is always the most important time in history because it is the time when one can act.    One can write letters, protest, or just proclaim your truth here, on the internet.  This may require bravery.

I am pleased to hear that Michael received many PM's about Carruther's objectionable post that it was so great to screw a "girl" who's ass fit in the palm of his hand (really--a three-year old?).  Michael defended him and removed the comment due to PMs which agreed with me.  Nevertheless, he stuck to his guns that that comment was just humor.  Next a poster from someone who would seek a place in America which would allow him to marry a sixteen year old. Michael agreed with that joke, too.  Next, Michael posted a list of violent crimes which he believes are perfectly ok topics for humor if handled "correctly."   Here is his post:

"second, my point in posting the bill hicks video was to illustrate the fact that things are sometimes funny, despite how "off limits" or socially unacceptable they are to you personally.  i can't (and won't) control what makes me laugh.  when i'm hearing/reading/watching comedy, i don't do so through the prism of anything being off limits.  i think people who DO limit their humor exposure in that fashion aren't fun or funny people, despite how they might like to see themselves.

also on the list of subjects that can be funny if delivered smartly:
rape
suicide
abortion
retardation
pink socking
spousal abuse
homosexuality
white supremacy

One poster PMd me asking what pink socking was.  That's a hate crime, folks, where a bunch of bullies put dirt in socks and wait in the shower for their gay victim.  When the boy comes in they beat him bloody, hence turning the sock "pink" --water+blood, get it?

Michael invited me to leave this forum; he thinks it might not be right for me. As he stated above, I am not fun or funny because I don't like this kind of humor.  It makes violence a sick joke.   I have been thinking it over and considering that he may have a point.  This forum has been a big part of my life and has helped me through some rough spots, and I have made some "real" friends here.  This is why I have hesitated, also because I wanted to calm down.  Honestly, I suspect Michael is going through a rough time with Nabila gone and his back hurting.  And he just moved, so you know he's still living among boxes.  That can't be fun. 

This is the last straw for me, folks.  I realize everybody is entitled to his own opinion and I have supported, respected and tried to understand Michael Vandeven's positions.  But the combination of him defending Carruthers while believing sexual predators should be killed and him listing (and arranging prettily!) these "appropriate" topics for humor.  No, and I don't want to support the site of someone that believes this.  Nothing personal, I just have to stand by my own convictions.

Michael doesn't want people to say goodbye, he thinks they should just quit if they don't like CoastGab. I think freedom of speech includes the right to say why you are leaving.  I considered CoastGab my community--I've been a daily poster and I want to say goodbye, share my thoughts, and thanks for all the laughs.

Anagrammy

PS. If you'd like to stay in touch, email me at anagrammy@gmail.com


I suggest that you start your own forum, or blog.  I haven't seen much in the form of a blog regarding the topics you have addressed here.  Might be a good medium for this.
http://www.blogger.com/

Art

Anagrammy

December 30, 2010 - August 15, 2011

"thought pink socking involved socks"

BobGrau

Quote from: Art Crow on August 15, 2011, 02:36:51 PM
Anagrammy

December 30, 2010 - August 15, 2011

"thought pink socking involved socks"

In this case, ignorance really is bliss.

The General

Quote from: BobGrau on August 14, 2011, 10:45:37 AM
got to disagree here. satan would make airport jokes, then get a prime-time shitcom with an overzealous laughtrack.
of course, in reality satan is too busy ruining a certain late-night paranormal radio talkshow to try comedy.

Bob, you're picturing Jon Lovitz in a red satin outfit.  That's not what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about the DEVIL.  The author of lies, the prince of darkness, the architect of evil, the inventor of pink socking.  The great imposter, the originator of all deception.  The guy that in reality could SMOKE Charlie Daniels on the fiddle.  The guy that Ozzy Osbourne, Osama Bin Laden, and Justin Bieber all work for.  THAT GUY.  He is the only entity that could go toe to toe with Bill Hicks and crush him in a comedy competition.  That's all I'm saying.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Art Crow on August 15, 2011, 02:36:51 PM
pink socking involves socks
I will miss ana. There aren't enough chicas here. Anyway what is pink socking? I don't want google it since google will use it to spy on me. Oh lord god I'm sorry for saying this, but I'm curious. Is it jacking off in a sock? Oh god I'm sorry. I'll go wash my mouth out with soap or something. Ew.

The General

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 15, 2011, 05:14:02 PM
I will miss ana. There aren't enough chicas here. Anyway what is pink socking? I don't want google it since google will use it to spy on me. Oh lord god I'm sorry for saying this, but I'm curious. Is it jacking off in a sock? Oh god I'm sorry. I'll go wash my mouth out with soap or something. Ew.
Ana defined it above in her goodbye post.  Don't google it.

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod