• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

amazon people hate george too

Started by Max, June 25, 2008, 01:38:41 PM

Max

You all watch from the outside and sit there and read us slamming george, we are not the only ones... we are but a few, minor few....

those that talked on amazon... mostly hate george...

let me quote a few...

(oh and don't bitch at me about the spelling, its copied as is.)

Amazon Link

QuoteI do miss Art. When George stepped in, there was a definite dumbing down and now commercialization of C2C. But it's not only the host who has changed. The average IQ of the callers has dropped by at least 50 points since the days when Art ran the show!

QuoteSnoory has made a collasal mess out of C2C. The vibes and info out there are bad to say the least. He keeps plugging the message board Nighthawkzon.com all the time because the moderator there CENSORS any negative post on George or the show. I had to go to Imaginativeworlds.com where theres no censorship and they tell it like it is. The reason I ended up there was because Premier Radio shut down their own board on C2C because of all the critism on George. Punnett wont be far behind George as he's a bible pounder who has a difficult time dealing with the paranormal. Pretty obvious Punnett wants Georges job when Premier Radio figures out Snoorys gotta go.

Art did not plug anyone except FF. but he rarely did that. He never needed props from the people and never needed the accolades that george requires.

QuoteDon't you understand that George is a gullible supercilious fool? His unctuous style is nauseating. If you pay attention to his insipid verbal drivel, you can tally a continual stream of grammatical blunders, malapropisms, and absurd declarations. In my more than 60 years of listening to electronic media, I have never heard anyone who comes close to George Noory's cognitive deficit.

QuoteI have been listening to C2C for years, and I honestly think George has gotten much worse in the last couple years than he was in the beginning. I think he may be in the early stages of dementia. Seriously. His word selection is increasingly limited. He chooses simpler words all the time to express himself. He repeats the same cliches and aphorisms over and over. (such as "I don't believe in coincidences"). He verbally muddles through the news update part of the show every single night, crossing up words, dropping syllables, putting strange, random emphasis on the wrong word or syllable. He increasingly reports doing absent minded things and having accidents. He is at exactly the right age to be experiencing the onset of frontal lobe dementia or perhaps early Alzheimers. He needs to get help, for sure. And if he isn't in the early stages of dementia, then he has to be drinking before the show. Either way, he needs to seek help or retire, or both.

and this last one...

I am quoting it in full as to keep the context of the post.

QuoteYes, it is depressing. I started listening to Art bell maybe 12 years ago. Some shows actually scared me even though I am a skepticy sciencey type. Art Bell was a real showman -- you knew that he didn't believe everything his guests said, but he loved a good story. It was all about the story. Every night was like sitting around the campfire at summer camp hearing stories and wondering if there was something watching you in the Darkness. For this reason when Art would talk about things like the triangular craft he saw you'd believe him. You knew that he had *seen* something he couldn't explain. He understood logical arguments. He was intelligent and created a great show.

GN on the other hand - half the time I don't think he is even mentally present for the interview. I swear a year ago someone was talking about Dinosaurs or something and Noory's follow up question was literally "Do you believe in Angels? Boy I sure do!" It came out of left field -- it had nothing to do with the dinosaurs even if it was some show about anachronistic paleontology or archeology etc.

Last week I swear it was like listening to a Christian radio station - one night was the Nephilim from the Bible (sp?) then the Mark or the Beast, then a guy looking for Noah's Ark, then people who had seen angels -- I don't remember the other one but it really was "All Jesus, All the Time." But don't get excited Christians because you must know that Noory thinks that Aliens engineered life in the Garden of Eden and that we reincarnate. So he is just rolling along collecting every crazy belief he encounters.

All this would be great mind you if he could turn it into a really compelling story -- if he could draw the meaty stories out of his guests like Art could - if he could raise the drama by *questioning* the quests every now and then - but instead he just waits impatiently until he can insert an utterly banal and uninteresting personal anecdote about something he saw at Bed, Bath and Beyond or something.

A tragic end to C2C.

and if you can find anywhere else that hates george on amazon that is not in this set of topics, please post a link with some juicy quotes..