• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

pate

Ah've sed this b4...

Thar is this dang-o cigarette brand done been bought out by "them"

Represents the "'Murican Spirit" and such...

Ah bean partaking of this particalular "brand" since some-such and such 'ninety-two...

Thank you, hipsters and big business.

Damn kids...

pate

albrecht

Getting a letter from my cable company that is all in Spanish, including the business card of the "Directora Senior de Marketing," only after unfolding it I see a small blurb "en Ingles" on the back. It also annoys me that there is no Spanish word for "marketing" or "Triple Play," which is the latest bundling gimmick they are trying to sell, apparently.

bateman

Saabs are horrible, horrible cars.

wr250

bateman

Quote from: wr250 on July 01, 2015, 06:44:55 PM
buy now, saab later

I had a 900 coupe that was the worst car I have ever owned by a mile. Whenever I see one on the street I just want to set it on fire.

Juan

They've been a mess since they stopped putting a clip under the hood to hold an extra bottle of 2-cycle oil.

Yorkshire pud

E mails that get signed off 'kindest regards'.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: bateman on July 01, 2015, 06:44:03 PM
Saabs are horrible, horrible cars.

Nope. Before GM bought and fucked them up they were beautiful cars to drive and own. I had two 9000's (one a very rare 2litre Carlsson saloon (sedan) with no cat and a full Garret turbo), one a CSE with lp turbo. And a 9/3...the 9/3 was GM underpinnings and interior that fell to bits. I miss the 9000 CSE. The Carlsson was a tyre killer and license loser although I never got stopped. Not that I broke speed limits officer.

pate

Prolly my print settings or somesuch

when I print what appears to be won thing and it comes out like another...

Dang, that's annoying...

I continue to massage the issue in photoshop...

Jackstar

I just found out that the dispensary I've been going to for months has been ripping me off for the last six weeks. The culture shock is really blowing my high.

b_dubb

Nose bleed seats at Reds games

EvB

Agencies that claim to have 'paperless' offices and then won't accept electronic submissions of whatever freaking paperwork you're supposed to give them! :o

bateman

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 02, 2015, 06:04:48 AM
Nope. Before GM bought and fucked them up they were beautiful cars to drive and own. I had two 9000's (one a very rare 2litre Carlsson saloon (sedan) with no cat and a full Garret turbo), one a CSE with lp turbo. And a 9/3...the 9/3 was GM underpinnings and interior that fell to bits. I miss the 9000 CSE. The Carlsson was a tyre killer and license loser although I never got stopped. Not that I broke speed limits officer.

My grandparents had matching 1991 9000 Turbos that did hold up well until the 200k mile mark. One in red like this:

The post-GM takeover cars were an abomination.

coaster

I quit tobacco cold turkey last Sunday afternoon, and everything, and I mean everything is annoying me.

chefist

Quote from: coaster on July 02, 2015, 02:57:59 PM
I quit tobacco cold turkey last Sunday afternoon, and everything, and I mean everything is annoying me.
I can only imagine what you are doing to sublimate your cravings....

coaster

Quote from: chefist on July 02, 2015, 03:02:12 PM
I can only imagine what you are doing to sublimate your cravings....
Well everything is a trigger, you know, so I have to decide-  am I really quitting? If so, struggling through a craving is a waste of time. I just tell myself "what the hell are you doing? You quit. You're done. Stop being a fucking baby". It usually works. That and all this hard candy hah.
The real test will be this weekend. I will still drink, and drinking is a huge trigger. If I can get through that, which I will, I will be home free. If I have anything, its incredible willpower.

chefist

Quote from: coaster on July 02, 2015, 03:21:25 PM
Well everything is a trigger, you know, so I have to decide-  am I really quitting? If so, struggling through a craving is a waste of time. I just tell myself "what the hell are you doing? You quit. You're done. Stop being a fucking baby". It usually works. That and all this hard candy hah.
The real test will be this weekend. I will still drink, and drinking is a huge trigger. If I can get through that, which I will, I will be home free. If I have anything, its incredible willpower.
Nicotine really is one of the most addictive substance there is...and its chronic use it part of what makes it so insidious...some say if you have a craving look at a picture of a loved one, drink a coffee for the stimulant...etc...either way it will be a son of a bitch for 3 weeks...Vitamins C, E, A and B-5 help reduce this 3 week time and flush the nicotine out of your cells faster! With a LOT of water!

wr250

Quote from: chefist on July 02, 2015, 03:30:11 PM
Nicotine really is one of the most addictive substance there is...and its chronic use it part of what makes it so insidious...some say if you have a craving look at a picture of a loved one, drink a coffee for the stimulant...etc...either way it will be a son of a bitch for 3 weeks...Vitamins C, E, A and B-5 help reduce this 3 week time and flush the nicotine out of your cells faster! With a LOT of water!
be careful with E and A, they can be toxic in high doses.

b_dubb

Get some Nicorrete gum

albrecht

Quote from: b_dubb on July 02, 2015, 07:44:25 PM
Get some Nicorrete gum
Swedish Snus, which unlike our American brands like Copenhagen etc, apparently contains less carcinogens? Some varieties also involve less spitting than our US brands of snuff and chewing tobacco. And, as a bonus, you might get offered an MLB contract (except in SF.)

wr250

just when you think the nooron is the king of suckage, friggen big brother returns to the tv. followed by the crappy "under the dome" show.

b_dubb

I have more bug bites than pores

Eddie Coyle

These fuckin' Minion things are triggering the harrowing PTSD I suffered from 1999-2004 from having to watch those goddamn, motherfucking, infernal scumfuck Rugrats.  >:(

Dammit, Eddie, I can hear the opening bars of the  "Rugrats" theme in my head now. If "Gullah Gullah Island" gets in my head, I may give myself a DIY lobotomy.  :P

Heather Wade

I recommend cigarettes.  At least an e cig.  Or, get the patch and go on wild adventures in your sleep as a bonus side effect.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 02, 2015, 10:07:37 PM
Dammit, Eddie, I can hear the opening bars of the  "Rugrats" theme in my head now. If "Gullah Gullah Island" gets in my head, I may give myself a DIY lobotomy.  :P

Same here. A lead-based lobotomy would be my only choice. I hated cartoons as a curmudgeonly child. The pure of horror of enduring that crud in my 20's...

albrecht

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 02, 2015, 10:10:42 PM

I recommend cigarettes.  At least an e cig.  Or, get the patch and go on wild adventures in your sleep as a bonus side effect.
Or get that prescription drug that helps one quit. (The one with all the crazy sounding side-effects.)  Interesting when it first came out I was at a football game and a friend said he quit dipping, which he started a decade before to quit smoking, and said in conversation, after bumming a dip from someone else, and explaining he quit etc -  and was on this new drug his doc gave him but drinking brought back desire etc:  "man, it was weird. Crazy dreams. I had dream about killing ****** in my sleep. So realistic. It is pretty crazy"-- in passing! A year later I see the new warnings about the drug saying "problem sleep and dreams", call your doc about psychological problems or thoughts while on xxxxx, etc.
-ps: to date (many years later) he has not killed his wife and as far as I know doesn't smoke or use tobacco, at least as frequently or in her presence ;) .