• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on June 22, 2015, 04:24:31 PM
...I don't mind charity but am careful where I give and it ceases to be charity if you are shamed into giving.

This gets me too.  I'm all for charitable giving but it keeps getting more intrusive/aggressive.  When they publicly ask you "Would you like to give to X today?" they know if you don't, whatever the reason is, you're gonna sound like "Nah I don't really give a frig about that." 

ShayP

Quote from: ItsOver on June 22, 2015, 04:54:37 PM
Followed by a panhandler at the street corner.  Who later drives off in a new Mercedes.

Ohhhh this just hit a nerve.  There are several panhandlers within a block of my employer.  One has his sign, bicycle, rucksack, AND a wagon (attached to said bicycle) containing a dog. Yep....dog.  (at least the wagon is covered)  Anyway.....

One very early morning (4 'ish) I'm getting out of my car and he approaches me and asks if I found his cellphone.  Huh!?  Then he asks me for money.  Uh,No.
GET THIS!  Somebody in the area felt sorry for him and out of sheer naivety started a Kickstarter account.  They allegedly collected over 3 grand!  I put the rest of the details out of my mind, as it gives me nausea. 

So....yes....panhandlers annoy me as well.

coaster

My entire computer farted out. Fried the motherboard and graphics card. Using a dinosaur right now. Clunky pos.
Quote from: ShayP on June 22, 2015, 05:10:45 PM

So....yes....panhandlers annoy me as well.
better steer clear of falkie's thread then.

ShayP

Quote from: coaster on June 22, 2015, 06:23:21 PM
My entire computer farted out. Fried the motherboard and graphics card. Using a dinosaur right now. Clunky pos.better steer clear of falkie's thread then.

It's too late.

People in front of me who don't know what a blinking red signal light means (in Calif it's the same as a stop sign)

Quote from: zeebo on June 22, 2015, 05:00:38 PM
This gets me too.  I'm all for charitable giving but it keeps getting more intrusive/aggressive.  When they publicly ask you "Would you like to give to X today?" they know if you don't, whatever the reason is, you're gonna sound like "Nah I don't really give a frig about that."

Yeah, it's annoying.  I really need every cent I have.  I'm usually relying on it to make my next purchase.  Then I have to feel like a jerk when I don't want to round my Walmart purchase up to the next dollar for some organization I've never heard of.  I'm shopping at Walmart for Pete's sake.  Do you really think I have spare change?

bateman

b_dubb

Quote from: bateman on June 22, 2015, 10:18:02 PM
Mild salsa. Just, why?
Having just seen a reference to Failkie's Mucousings thread I read your remark as mind salsa.

akwilly

talking football with someone that thinks Tim Tebow is a great nfl qb

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 22, 2015, 10:10:41 PM
Yeah, it's annoying.  I really need every cent I have.  I'm usually relying on it to make my next purchase.  Then I have to feel like a jerk when I don't want to round my Walmart purchase up to the next dollar for some organization I've never heard of.  I'm shopping at Walmart for Pete's sake.  Do you really think I have spare change?

I tell them I get panhandled all day long and I don't appreciate it when I'm in the store.  Then I tell them I know they are just doing their job and may I speak with the manager. 

I refuse to let them make me feel bad, when they are the ones who are out of line.

I was at a stop light in downtown San Francisco one time, and several police officers in uniform were panhandling car to car for some cause.  I told the police lady the same thing about being panhandled all day and not appreciating it from the police.  She got angry/embarrassed, and told me that all I could have said was 'no'. 

No, I did have to say something.  Probably lucky for me the light changed

pate

Chicken wings....

had choice of sweet and sour...

Ima jackwagon and chose hot...

delicious....

albrecht

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 22, 2015, 10:25:31 PM
I tell them I get panhandled all day long and I don't appreciate it when I'm in the store.  Then I tell them I know they are just doing their job and may I speak with the manager. 

I refuse to let them make me feel bad, when they are the ones who are out of line.

I was at a stop light in downtown San Francisco one time, and several police officers in uniform were panhandling car to car for some cause.  I told the police lady the same thing about being panhandled all day and not appreciating it from the police.  She got angry/embarrassed, and told me that all I could have said was 'no'. 

No, I did have to say something.  Probably lucky for me the light changed
Firefighters were doing a "pass the boot" panhandling at a very busy intersection with 3 lanes of traffic intersecting to highway access, walking amongst the cars and trucks for donations, I was with my uncle, a trauma surgeon, rolled window down and he laid into them "you all should know better, walking around in traffic, between vehicles, causing confusion during light changes, etc." It was quite funny the particular fireman (maybe a new one because he was young blushed bright crimson.) I don't mind fund-raisers for the fire department, especially the small one which is volunteer, but they should do fish-frys, bbqs, charity auctions, golf tournaments, etc- not be blindsiding people at traffic lights for petty change.

Paradox

I hate it when they do that pass the boot fund raiser at the Y in Oak Hill.  One weekend I was very busy and went through that intersection at least four times in one day.  Each time I was approached.  Finally I gave them a dollar and discovered that if you give them a few cents you get a little boot to stick behind your windshield.  I was not bothered for the rest of the weekend.

I mean they could panhandle in the HEB parking lot or in the big lot in front of Planet Fitness right there at the Y.  The idea of selling bbq is a great one.  That would get a lot of people to pull in. 

Good for your uncle! 

MrHippie

Here at FalkieGab we like to include all points of view and indulge our more eccentric members posts. The FalkieWeb is a so important to give access to all points of view. But for the love of Jesus, please dear Lord, just stop. Please just stop.

Is the domination of the recent post section by the General Diarrhea of Falkie just a few DaveBots logging in under different Names and I.P.'s to take our eyes off the prize. Which is that Falkie Noory sucks or that George Knapp is the second coming of sliced bread
or, I guess that Art Bell is returning with a regular nightly show, or something.

In classic DisInfo fashion some legitimate true believers get sucked into Troll Land and engage Fat Tommy and and the PremiereRats.

I last viewed the General Diarrhea of Falkie thread a few months ago and it was like browsing the Makeup counter at Macy's for Mrs. Dr. Girlfriend The MrHippie.  I didn't understand any thing and was very frightened.

Now we know why M.V. wanted to get rid of recent posts section recently.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: MrHippie on June 24, 2015, 03:39:18 PM
Here at FalkieGab we like to include all points of view and indulge our more eccentric members posts. The FalkieWeb is a so important to give access to all points of view. But for the love of Jesus, please dear Lord, just stop. Please just stop.

Psst. you're one of our more eccentric members.

pyewacket

Quote from: MrHippie on June 24, 2015, 03:39:18 PM

Is the domination of the recent post section by the General Diarrhea of Falkie just a few DaveBots logging in under different Names and I.P.'s to take our eyes off the prize. Which is that Falkie Noory sucks or that George Knapp is the second coming of sliced bread
or, I guess that Art Bell is returning with a regular nightly show, or something.

In classic DisInfo fashion some legitimate true believers get sucked into Troll Land and engage Fat Tommy and and the PremiereRats.

I last viewed the General Diarrhea of Falkie thread a few months ago and it was like browsing the Makeup counter at Jordan Marsh for Mrs. Dr. Girlfriend The MrHippie.  I didn't understand any thing and was very frightened.

Now we know why M.V. wanted to get rid of recent posts section recently.

I never visit that thread and I'm pretty sure you can see why, so I don't know what goes on. If you're seeing Davebot action over there, you might be right about their tactics. I follow several Art Bell fan pages on FB and I've seen some of that going on there, too. Some woman, who was not a member of the group, posted a comment saying that they should leave Dave alone and talk about Art instead. Maybe 3 other people commented agreeing with her, but the rest of the board wasn't having any of it. Funny thing is, they mostly talk about Art and his new show- so the Davebots seem to want to crash the party. The comments on the C2C FB page are even funnier- not much Dave love there.

jazmunda

The space between the r and the " in the Top Right Corner Quote. The full stop at the end annoys me a little too.

QuoteClick here. Become a "Time Traveler ".

Quote from: jazmunda on June 24, 2015, 08:33:52 PM
The space between the r and the " in the Top Right Corner Quote. The full stop at the end annoys me a little too.

Yes.  Shouldn't the full stop be inside the quote?  Then you solve to problems with one move!  Maybe it's an IQ test.

onan

Driving at night with my dashboard lights dimmed... except for the data panel that selects radio, bluetooth, gps... that fucker is like a klieg light.

Maybe a first world problem?

How, when you order waffles they are always cold when you get them.  Pancakes seem to retain heat, but not waffles.  What are the thermodynamics of waffles?  I bet it's those baffles built into them that draw the heat away.  Then, you get only one tiny plastic thing of maple-flavored syrup.  That ain't right.

zeebo

Quote from: Étouffée on June 25, 2015, 11:26:18 AM
How, when you order waffles they are always cold when you get them.  Pancakes seem to retain heat, but not waffles.  What are the thermodynamics of waffles?  I bet it's those baffles built into them that draw the heat away.  ...

Now that you mention it, they do seem to have a similar structure to those heat sinks on your CPU that vent the heat away. 

Paradox

How, when you order waffles they are always cold when you get them.  Pancakes seem to retain heat, but not waffles.  What are the thermodynamics of waffles?  I bet it's those baffles built into them that draw the heat away.  Then, you get only one tiny plastic thing of maple-flavored syrup.  That ain't right.
You are right!  That is why we always had the waffle iron on the dining room table and made waffles during the meal.  Even then we had to have whipped butter because they cooled so quickly. 

onan

Why would anyone eat waffles when pancakes are available?

chefist

Quote from: onan on June 25, 2015, 01:20:07 PM
Why would anyone eat waffles when pancakes are available?

Why would anyone eat pancakes if bacon is available?

onan

Quote from: chefist on June 25, 2015, 01:22:08 PM
Why would anyone eat pancakes if bacon is available?
I thought it was illegal to not have bacon at breakfast.

chefist

Quote from: onan on June 25, 2015, 01:23:05 PM

It is in my house!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: onan on June 25, 2015, 01:23:05 PM

UK bacon or US bacon? Ours is made from real pigs.  :)

onan

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 25, 2015, 01:30:26 PM

UK bacon or US bacon? Ours is made from real pigs.  :)

Sorry man, think the world of ya, but you Brits never get to suggest anything about breakfast.