• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on June 19, 2015, 02:05:28 PM
Right, you can tell by the hat.

Absolutely. If he puts sunglasses on, musical manna shall follow.

BobGrau

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 19, 2015, 02:15:24 PM

Absolutely. If he puts sunglasses on, musical manna shall follow.

It's like he's trying to fill some michael-jackson-shaped hole in the world. Come back in thirty years, he'll look like Bob Marley.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: BobGrau on June 19, 2015, 02:19:01 PM

It's like he's trying to fill some michael-jackson-shaped hole in the world. Come back in thirty years, he'll look like Bob Marley.

This guy is the only Michael Jackson surrogate that matters. It's like The King of Pop was in him.

http://youtu.be/iO_8n5y5edk

BobGrau

(sigh) When a change of avatar goes awry.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 19, 2015, 02:26:55 PM
    This guy is the only Michael Jackson surrogate that matters. It's like The King of Pop was in him.

You must have got that from an ISIS recruiting video. Halfway through I was ready to join the Taliban, until I recalled that I was already a member.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 19, 2015, 02:41:07 PM
You must have got that from an ISIS recruiting video. Halfway through I was ready to join the Taliban, until I recalled that I was already a member.

That video is what they show Goebbels to torment him in the thereafter. But he turns the tables and says "see, I was right!"

ItsOver

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 19, 2015, 02:26:55 PM

http://youtu.be/iO_8n5y5edk
What the?  Howard Stern IS UFO Phil?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 19, 2015, 02:47:58 PM
    That video is what they show Goebbels to torment him in the thereafter. But he turns the tables and says "see, I was right!"

A journalist interviewed Gandhi once:

Interviewer: What do you think of Western civliisation?
Gandhi: It would be a nice idea!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ItsOver on June 19, 2015, 02:57:41 PM

Being "King of All Media" includes writing touching songs about Dave Nori.

BobGrau

Quote from: ItsOver on June 19, 2015, 02:57:41 PM

My contempt for Stern is on an entirely different scale than phil or indeed nooron... you don't want to see that forum.

ItsOver

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 19, 2015, 03:01:07 PM

Being "King of All Media" includes writing touching songs about Dave Nori.
Ha!  His "sensitive" side.

onan

So much hate here... it's beautiful.

Quote from: ShayP on June 18, 2015, 08:13:10 PM

I too am a relocated Yinzer.  (In Virginia) 
Aside from 'worshing' your dishes do you also 'redd up' before company comes over?  ;)

OMG, yes.  My whole family still says that. I don't even think of that as something weird to say.  But now that I think of it, people do look at us funny when we eat out and talk and laugh loudly. I thought we were just being noisy.  hahahaha
Funny story.--My daughter, who was brought up in Cent PA, went to Pitt and never moved back here again.
I still make chipped ham Bar-B-Q.(A Sloppy Joe is NOT Bar-B-Q!)  To the deli man: "As thin as you can slice it, then slice it thinner."
And potato salad that ISN'T swimming in some runny, saucey stuff.     ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: onan on June 19, 2015, 06:20:08 PM
So much hate here... it's beautiful.
It's making me homesick for the GNS thread.

ShayP

Quote from: Treading Water on June 19, 2015, 07:25:31 PM

OMG, yes.  My whole family still says that. I don't even think of that as something weird to say.  But now that I think of it, people do look at us funny when we eat out and talk and laugh loudly. I thought we were just being noisy.  hahahaha
Funny story.--My daughter, who was brought up in Cent PA, went to Pitt and never moved back here again.
I still make chipped ham Bar-B-Q.(A Sloppy Joe is NOT Bar-B-Q!)  To the deli man: "As thin as you can slice it, then slice it thinner."
And potato salad that ISN'T swimming in some runny, saucey stuff.     ;D

It took me a while to figure out why people would like at me funny when I'd use some of the phrases.  Like "quit being so nebby."
One of my first trips to the grocery store I asked for a pound of 'jumbo.'  Yeah...didn't go well.  Chipped ham either.  Not a known thing here.
So essentially, these people could list me as something that annoys THEM.  LOL!

PathoJen

When you try to send your fan trailer to Keith Rowland via email, and you do it at midnight on a Friday night after you've had 2 beers, and you send a picture of a dog instead of the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-pCAtQFDZw

Quote from: PathoJen on June 20, 2015, 09:48:59 AM
When you try to send your fan trailer to Keith Rowland via email, and you do it at midnight on a Friday night after you've had 2 beers, and you send a picture of a dog instead of the link.

I like it, PathoJen! It's got that scary Blair Witch vibe. I'll bet the dog pic was nice, too.  ;D

PathoJen

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 20, 2015, 10:17:25 AM

I like it, PathoJen! It's got that scary Blair Witch vibe. I'll bet the dog pic was nice, too.  ;D

haha! Yes, it was a nice pic. :)

Eddie Coyle

Prefacing remarks with "not to", generally means "about to".

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 20, 2015, 02:51:56 PM

Prefacing remarks with "not to", generally means "about to".

Not to be an asshole... oops.

nbirnes

Quote from: PathoJen on June 20, 2015, 09:48:59 AM

I think Keith groks the midnight dog pictures, but I'm sure he really grokked this video. It's super and yeah, I'm one of your short-attention-span fans.

PathoJen

Quote from: nbirnes on June 20, 2015, 03:27:38 PM
I think Keith groks the midnight dog pictures, but I'm sure he really grokked this video. It's super and yeah, I'm one of your short-attention-span fans.
thank you Nancy. :)

ItsOver

F'ing USPS.  2 day priority mail.  One week later and I'm still waiting.  I guess I'll complain to USPS "I don't give a F."

PathoJen

Quote from: ItsOver on June 20, 2015, 08:07:15 PM
F'ing USPS.  2 day priority mail.  One week later and I'm still waiting.  I guess I'll complain to USPS "I don't give a F."
Oooh I wonder if the person who was supposed to ship to you didn't ship when they said they did.

ItsOver

Quote from: PathoJen on June 20, 2015, 08:32:43 PM
Oooh I wonder if the person who was supposed to ship to you didn't ship when they said they did.
They did, PJ.  Folks are complaining about having to use PayPal for Art on another thread, but in my case, PayPay shows the package was promptly sent.  USPS has been dicking around with it for the last week.  My experience with USPS has been nothing short of exasperating over the last few years.  They suck.  I wish they were half as good as PayPal.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on June 20, 2015, 08:42:52 PM
They did, PJ.  Folks are complaining about having to use PayPal for Art on another thread, but in my case, PayPay shows the package was promptly sent.  USPS has been dicking around with it for the last week.  My experience with USPS has been nothing short of exasperating over the last few years.  They suck.  I wish they were half as good as PayPal.
There is one "station" by me that is notoriously bad for USPS receiving. Due to the vagaries of the system, however,  the one closer to me I can go to for sending and operates great and very friendly. But, due to whatever weird processes they use, to RECEIVE package, above a certain size, I need to go to a station further away, and invariably during such times, as Christmas, it is a zoo and my large packages always have damage too them, missing items, etc. The system is nutso! USPS often seems to combine the worst of government-ideas and private companies. Raise rates when usage falls. Contrary to simple economics and is saddled with pensions/costs/demands of government but now operating as a semi-independent operation, but without ability to operate as a real business. It is too bad because for those in rural areas, older people, etc it is still important. They COULD innovate, of course, or expand (example into simple banking, money transfer (heck even for the illegals sending money back to Mexico, etc) like many banks do in Europe for those types of customers) but don't seem to wish too.

PathoJen

Quote from: ItsOver on June 20, 2015, 08:42:52 PM
I actually really like PayPal and USPS is totally hit or miss in my experience.

karios8

I was really annoyed when a friend invited me to hang out last weekend. I arrived to find that he had another friend there waiting to sell me an Amway membership. No thanks.