• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 19, 2015, 09:49:06 PM
  Norm MacDonald, the latest in the long line of grown men crying over nothing. Ridiculous.

Add Jimmy Kimmel to the list.

I'm sure Methuselah Letterman will get weepy tonight as well.

The General

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 19, 2015, 09:49:06 PM
  Norm MacDonald, the latest in the long line of grown men crying over nothing. Ridiculous.

Clearly,the chemtrails are estrogen-based, flowing heavily with PMS symptoms. I remember the planet laughing at Mike Schmidt's weepy retirement ceremony 26 years ago...but now it's every fuckin' day with some douche acting like his kidneys are between his eyes. Enough.  :'(

I'm old enough to remember when comedians were funny.

I so want to fit in here, but is there anyone here who isn't a crusty old man lamenting the glory days?! Things aren't that bad. Embrace the next generation no matter how horrid we are. Not all hip hop is bad; some of it is poetry and quite beautiful. If you don't understand modern humor, maybe it's because the world has surpassed you and your mind is shut., Etc. etc. etc.

Art makes us wonder and dream and clear the channels that for so long have been blocked. Is there anyone here who is living in the now and not in the past? Is there anyone here who isn't fg stuck in a paradigm?!

This board should be open to people under 50, not just those who despise everything that came after them. Art very much needs an open channel to the next gens. We will embrace him just as you have.

The General

Quote from: TenaciousJ on May 20, 2015, 12:33:30 PM
I so want to fit in here, but is there anyone here who isn't a crusty old man lamenting the glory days?! Things aren't that bad. Embrace the next generation no matter how horrid we are. Not all hip hop is bad; some of it is poetry and quite beautiful. If you don't understand modern humor, maybe it's because the world has surpassed you and your mind is shut., Etc. etc. etc.

Art makes us wonder and dream and clear the channels that for so long have been blocked. Is there anyone here who is living in the now and not in the past? Is there anyone here who isn't fg stuck in a paradigm?!

This board should be open to people under 50, not just those who despise everything that came after them. Art very much needs an open channel to the next gens. We will embrace him just as you have.

I'm in my 30's.  But I still reserve the right to be a crusty old man.

I'm younger, and agree with the elder posters a lot of the time. 

onan

It seems to me, that you do fit in here. The General and I often disagree on topics... usually political, granted, but I would seek his counsel on many things. I find him and others here that have different tastes, opinions and upbringing to be thought provoking and yes at times irritating. I think they feel similarly towards me. I guess my point is, fitting in doesn't mean being the same in tone or nature. Now I need to take a bath to get rid of all the pretension dust clinging to me.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on May 20, 2015, 12:28:49 PM
I'm old enough to remember when comedians were funny.

I'm so old that I've forgotten funny comics once existed.

*Born during Ford administration.

ItsOver

Eh, I have MeTV, BellGab, my Toyota Avalon, and Art's coming back.  All is good.  I reserve the right to be a crusty old man. 

Oh, before I forget.  Bah, humbug!

maureen

timeless, or atemporal... to the question of how old are you?, I will reply...  when? I was, I am, and I will be.... we are all immortals....lol

You geezers get off my lawn

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 20, 2015, 02:34:22 PM
You geezers get off my lawn

Can I finish peeing first? I hadn't gone in nearly 17 minutes.

nbirnes

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 20, 2015, 03:00:48 PM
  Can I finish peeing first? I hadn't gone in nearly 17 minutes.

This is no way to act when we are trying to attract the young to this lovely place.

nbirnes

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 20, 2015, 01:48:17 PM
    *Born during Ford administration.

Kiddo. Truman here. Remember '63.

Admittedly, I long for that sweet window of time spanning more than 270 million years when trilobites flourished. The trilobites had many life styles and had good taste in food.

Though it seems like only a million years have passed, the last of the trilobites went dark about 250 million years ago. I can still smell the brine. It was the end of a good span.

Now, it's nothing but Hula Hoops, Frisbees, and your goddamned Super Balls.

It has all gone to Hell in a rubber Wham-O hand basket.

The next mass extinction event will clear you disrespectful lifeforms out and we'll have a nice neighborhood again. We can wait. We've waited this long. Evolution repeats itself. The trilobite tribe shuffleboard club will return.

(Don't let the Quaternary period hit you in the ass on your way out.)

I so want to fit in here, but is there anyone here who isn't a crusty old man lamenting the glory days?!

Quote from: onan on May 20, 2015, 01:33:41 PM
It seems to me, that you do fit in here.

TJ, we're a wild bunch and age don't mean a thang. All opinions are welcome. At least, most of the time.
Keep reading and posting here. We'll either grow on you or you'll run screaming. Might be fun either way. 
(PS: I was born the year Eisenhower was elected.)But don't tell the rest.   ;)

chinaclipper

I LIKED Ike!.....(oops. did I say that outloud??)  er,, what was the question?

nbirnes

Quote from: Treading Water on May 20, 2015, 05:33:17 PM
(PS: I was born the year Eisenhower was elected.)But don't tell the rest.   ;)

Eek. I thought the grapevine tom-toms said you were 74. I was hoping you were older than me. Oh, please don't let me be the oldest person here. I will have to re-think my whole life if that is the case.

Juan

Quote from: nbirnes on May 20, 2015, 05:55:39 PM
Eek. I thought the grapevine tom-toms said you were 74. I was hoping you were older than me. Oh, please don't let me be the oldest person here. I will have to re-think my whole life if that is the case.
Nancy, I was born in the last months of the first Truman administration.  Does that make you feel better?

maureen

Quote from: nbirnes on May 20, 2015, 05:55:39 PM
May I call you little sister?  I was born the year of Gandhi, India's Independence, the Kon-tiki expedition, Roswell, and the breaking of the sound barrier.

nbirnes

Quote from: Juan on May 20, 2015, 06:17:57 PM
Nancy, I was born in the last months of the first Truman administration.  Does that make you feel better?

Yes. Much. I am weak.

bateman

I was born the year Ghostbusters came out.

nbirnes

Quote from: maureen on May 20, 2015, 06:23:21 PM
May I call you little sister?  I was born the year of Gandhi, India's Independence, the Kon-tiki expedition, Roswell, and the breaking of the sound barrier.

Only if you were born before Feb. 4. I was the oldest in my first-grade class and it was uncomfortable.

maureen

Quote from: nbirnes on May 20, 2015, 06:28:56 PM
Only if you were born before Feb. 4. I was the oldest in my first-grade class and it was uncomfortable.
you win!! by six months, but you win!! we are timeless, though.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: nbirnes on May 20, 2015, 04:03:23 PM
This is no way to act when we are trying to attract the young to this lovely place.

Sorry. That one extra beer with my early bird special did me in.

Quote from: nbirnes on May 20, 2015, 04:04:57 PM
Kiddo. Truman here. Remember '63.

My mother went into labor the opening weekend of Jaws. I arrived early monday morning. Rod Serling died later in the week. I feel responsible.

pyewacket

Way to warm up a crowd, Sport. What is upsetting you?

I don't know how old you are, but I guess I qualify as one of the elderly crowd.

Let me see if I understand your point of view. If I don't share your taste in music, comedy or your personal world view- I'm a close minded person watching the world pass me by? In your view, anyone exhibiting good taste or judgement based on years of experience, despises anything new or unfamiliar?   

You ask, "Is there anyone here who isn't fg stuck in a paradigm?!" Aren't you also in a paradigm? I can only assume that you consider yours to be superior and most correct.

I would guess that the under 50s are in the majority here. Why do you feel this board is not open to the young?

Heather Wade

Quote from: bateman on May 20, 2015, 06:25:26 PM

I saw the Ghostbusters & Gremlins double feature at a drive-in when it came out. 

Heather Wade

If you are an Art Bell fan, and you are looking forward to July 20th... then you fit in TJ.  No sweat, man. 

jazmunda

My wife wanted to order from the States 20 cool (and cheap) tin lunch boxes (10 with princesses and 10 with super heroes) as a take home present for my daughters birthday party.

We were quoted $500 for shipping for a $40 purchase. It was almost cheaper for me to buy a ticket to pick it up myself.

No thank you.

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on May 20, 2015, 06:25:26 PM

he he. my baby sister is older than you and has 2 kids. baby.  :P