Quote from: onan on August 16, 2014, 05:09:19 PM
'
best bumper sticker ever.
Yes.  I'd just add "while playing with a smart phone."

jazmunda

Quote from: onan on August 16, 2014, 05:09:19 PM
'
best bumper sticker ever.

It also perfectly describes George Noory.

"Carbon Copy"  "CC"

Movement Key : GTJ

I am SO tired of the term "Boots on the ground" that every pundit and politician now uses.  Boots don't go to war--people do.  Let's stop using that safe, sanitary euphemism.

Oh, and I am also bloody sick of the word "treasure":  "We have spent a lot of treasure on Iraq."

No, we spent human lives, not rubies and pieces o' eight.

McPhallus

That a large behemoth like Microsoft is incapable of making a product that isn't a bloated, ill-conceived, and clunky piece of crap.

VtaGeezer

CNN puts convicted ex-NYPD Commissioner Bernie Kerek on TV to comment on police militarization with nary a peep that the crook did four years hard time in Federal prison for corruption.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on August 17, 2014, 10:21:27 AM
CNN puts convicted ex-NYPD Commissioner Bernie Kerek on TV to comment on police militarization with nary a peep that the crook did four years hard time in Federal prison for corruption.

That's the liberal media for you.

b_dubb

https://twitter.com/crave/status/501122894072905728

"The neckbeards were amazeballs by how eager the Oxford Dictionary was to appear edgy and hip"

jazmunda

Quote from: b_dubb on August 17, 2014, 04:48:48 PM

"The neckbeards were amazeballs by how eager the Oxford Dictionary was to appear edgy and hip"

Doncha just want to throw up?

wr250

Quote from: b_dubb on August 17, 2014, 04:48:48 PM

we neckbeards are never edgy or hip.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 17, 2014, 10:31:36 AM
That's the liberal media for you.
CNN liberal? That's funny.  You don't watch much on CNN, do you?  More likely it's to ingratiate themselves to the neocons by getting ex-con Bernie back on the TV "expert" train; Kerek was Giuliani's crooked-as-hell Police Commissioner and named unsuccessfully by Bush to become his crooked-as-hell SecDSH. 

jazmunda

Quote from: b_dubb on August 17, 2014, 09:13:44 PM
I have no idea where to post this so here

http://disinfo.com/2014/07/berlin-woke-now-city/

Videos of random stupid people should be posted in the Random Stupid Things thread. I'd turn far left for the brunette with the nose stud.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on August 17, 2014, 05:47:38 PM
CNN liberal? That's funny.  You don't watch much on CNN, do you?  More likely it's to ingratiate themselves to the neocons by getting ex-con Bernie back on the TV "expert" train; Kerek was Giuliani's crooked-as-hell Police Commissioner and named unsuccessfully by Bush to become his crooked-as-hell SecDSH.

Sorry to put so many knots in your knickers.  I suffer from congenital sarcasm and can't help myself. 

Quote from: VtaGeezer on August 17, 2014, 05:47:38 PM

Golly, since Fox news has some Lib personalities I guess that makes them just another Liberal media outlet

UFQuack

"You have more friends on Facebook than you think"

McPhallus

Quote from: UFQuack on August 18, 2014, 05:02:06 PM
"You have more friends stalkers on Facebook than you think"

Fixed.

pate

Quote from: West of the Rockies on August 17, 2014, 09:42:26 AM
I am SO tired of the term "Boots on the ground" that every pundit and politician now uses.  Boots don't go to war--people do.  Let's stop using that safe, sanitary euphemism.

Oh, and I am also bloody sick of the word "treasure":  "We have spent a lot of treasure on Iraq."

No, we spent human lives, not rubies and pieces o' eight.

It still costs money, (sheep, goats, whatever passes for currency in your world) to wage a war, and that is just to pay the bodies that fill the 'boots on the ground', it also cost money to buy the boots they wear, the vehicles they ride around in and the bullets they fire (in anger and hate I would guess;  according to your apparent world view), anyhow (I apologize for the parenthetical statements) money=treasure=rubies=pieces o' eight.

I did not think that facts were as fungible as a monetary system... ie (forgive my estimations) 10000rubles=100dollars=1000000000000pesos=&c

So blood(=lives) & treasure(=money) were spent in every single possible war/conflict/police action that you can think of.  I wouldn't make light of either of them, but that is a personal view...

pate

Communists really annoy me, see <history> for examples why.

BobGrau

Quote from: UFQuack on August 18, 2014, 05:02:06 PM
"You have more friends on Facebook than you think"

Unfortunately this is a poor translation. I believe the original quote is about friendcounts versus IQs.

Quote from: pate on August 19, 2014, 04:56:23 AM
Communists really annoy me, see <history> for examples why.

Why arent't they ever hot female communists?

Pate wrote:  It still costs money, (sheep, goats, whatever passes for currency in your world) to wage a war, and that is just to pay the bodies that fill the 'boots on the ground', it also cost money to buy the boots they wear, the vehicles they ride around in and the bullets they fire (in anger and hate I would guess;  according to your apparent world view), anyhow (I apologize for the parenthetical statements) money=treasure=rubies=pieces o' eight.

Yeah, sure, I guess you are right.  In my whacky world view bullets are fired in combat in anger and hate (as opposed to joy and mirth?)....

It is because I regard human life as meaningful that I don't care for such euphemisms as "boots on the ground." 

albrecht

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on August 19, 2014, 09:34:41 AM
Why arent't they ever hot female communists?
There were hot ones in the old days of the Communist Bloc. Now if you are talking about our "communists" here in the USA etc. You are correct.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on August 19, 2014, 10:09:08 AM
There were hot ones in the old days of the Communist Bloc. Now if you are talking about our "communists" here in the USA etc. You are correct.

I'd be surprised if they'd got a handle on what it meant. I does involve having a collective, mutually beneficial, and mutually agreeable society.. Unless somehow they're 'off the grid' and living in a remote commune where they pool their resources, expertise and effort into the community, autonomous from the rest of America.

Might be a few hot chicks in there?

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 19, 2014, 11:00:48 AM
I'd be surprised if they'd got a handle on what it meant. I does involve having a collective, mutually beneficial, and mutually agreeable society.. Unless somehow they're 'off the grid' and living in a remote commune where they pool their resources, expertise and effort into the community, autonomous from the rest of America.

Might be a few hot chicks in there?
Possibly but "off the grid", often, ends up with some less than perfect personal hygiene. At least if one if "off the grid" in Russia (etc) one uses saunas and ice-water swimming. I think any American communist gals off-the-grid are going to be less than desirous. I know there are those into hirsute gals but, no thanks. I can handle the old Euro underarm hair but legs etc. Too much for me. And white people dreads. No thanks.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on August 19, 2014, 11:21:20 AM
Possibly but "off the grid", often, ends up with some less than perfect personal hygiene. At least if one if "off the grid" in Russia (etc) one uses saunas and ice-water swimming. I think any American communist gals off-the-grid are going to be less than desirous. I know there are those into hirsute gals but, no thanks. I can handle the old Euro underarm hair but legs etc. Too much for me. And white people dreads. No thanks.

Just because the hypothetical community has nothing to do with the rest of the world doesn't mean they have to forgo the things the rest of us take for granted. The difference in how the society functions (Capitalist/ Communist) hasn't anything to do with life's luxuries...The most grinding poverty I've witnessed was in a capitalist country. I came back to England and realised that those who go on TV saying they live in poverty haven't the first idea about living with it day to day.. Some think it's not having a mobile phone, or the internet.

Quote from: albrecht on August 19, 2014, 11:21:20 AM

I would be very surprised if any of those "American communist gals" you describe even exist any more.  There are undoubtedly a few who look like that, but they're more hippie throwbacks than card carrying commies.  I live in a community that has an overblown reputation for being exceptionally liberal based on the way things were over thirty years ago, and it's been at least that long since I ran into anyone who claimed to be a communist (and they tended to be clueless, pseudo-intellectual dilettante posers who didn't realize they would have been persecuted as bourgeoisie parasites and sentenced to twenty years hard labor on a beet farm in a Communist country).  You'd have a better chance of finding a boogey man under your bed.

And don't even think of mentioning the nitwit kids in their Che shirts.  The vast majority probably think they're making a hipster fashion statement and have only the slightest idea, if any, who he was.  I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them think it's a picture of Bob Marley.