"Moron!"

So, is this multiple choice?

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 25, 2013, 11:10:34 AM
        "Communist!"

"Fascist!"

"Idiot!"

"Moron!"

Or the ubiquitous "your an idiot!"  >:(  I want to club those people to death.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: HorrorRetro on September 25, 2013, 12:43:04 PM
Its so frickin annoying how there ruining the language. 

Like SteveSh, I believe PopSci's stated reasons for why they shut down their comments section.  I enjoy dynamic debate as well, but it is frustrating, damaging, and ultimately a waste of time when someone jumps into a debate (or a comments section) equipped mostly or only with passionate certainty and faith.  For instance, I had a student declare in class yesterday that you can no longer buy any ammunition in America, none whatsoever, that Obama has bought it all up.  Another student said (I paraphrase), "Dude, I was in a sporting goods store yesterday and left with ammo."  Student number one simply said, well, then you were the last person to ever be able to do this.

Another student announced that the FEMA trailers that showed up after Katrina (GWB's administration) really and truly were all over the nation just waiting for a gazillion black ops guys to come goose-stepping in to round us all up and turn us into slaves.  There was no convincing her that this is not true. 

The result?  I watched as students began to zip up their backpacks and disconnect.  The debate became ludicrous as a couple of under-informed fear-mongerers derailed the conversation.  They had "their" facts and we were all wrong or stupid or naive.

Quote from: HorrorRetro on September 25, 2013, 12:43:04 PM

Har har har har har...   ;D

ItsOver

Somebody left the Cliff's Notes version of the New York Times, AKA the USA Today, laying around today so I scanned through it for grins.  I'm not usually interested in reading about the latest on Miley Cyrus or ten fun things to do with a turnip, but I thought what the heck.

One page in the rag had their attempt at "Breaking Down the Affordable Care Act."  In case anybody's wondering, some of the apparent ways somebody can be exempted from coverage requirements and penalties include:

1)  You live in the USA illegally.

2)  You are a member of a recognized Indian tribe.

3)  You are incarcerated.

I'll just stop here.

Sardondi

I love Grammar Nazis, for without them we'd have all been helping our uncle jack off his horse for decades.

bateman

Quote from: Sardondi on September 25, 2013, 09:22:31 PM
I love Grammar Nazis, for without them we'd have all been helping our uncle jack off his horse for decades.

Agreed. Would it be in poor taste to "Sieg Heil" this post?

Chine

Screaming babies with no parent to be found. As I often do, I turn to cartooning to flush joyous and and annoyances out of my system. Really helps and lots of fun to find humor in it. This is one of screaming unattended babies at the DMV.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Chine on September 26, 2013, 10:32:41 AM
Screaming babies with no parent to be found. As I often do, I turn to cartooning to flush joyous and and annoyances out of my system. Really helps and lots of fun to find humor in it. This is one of screaming unattended babies at the DMV.

It's an epidemic these days.  When I was younger, if a baby was crying in a restaurant, a parent would take it out to the car.  If a child was throwing a tantrum in a store, a parent would remove child from the store.  If a child was running willy-nilly and crashing into other customers, they'd get disciplined, and the parent would apologize to the customer the child ran into.  These days, none of that happens, or it happens very rarely. 

Children are allowed to run around and act like animals while their zombie parents completely ignore them, or they see what they are doing but they just don't give a crap.  I dread seeing this generation grow up when they've had zero discipline and have been told they're entitled to everything they demand.

Chine

Yes, it's quite sad and this is an exaggeration for my own amusement. Another thing, which is horrifically disturbing is driving on a busy intersection (even at night) and witness a mother walking leisurely with a stroller and toddlers across several lanes of traffic. Not at the light and crosswalk which is only feet away! Drives me crazy. Come on, really? Especially when it's dark in busy traffic. 

aldousburbank

Caterpillars what eats yer flowers.

Juan

A ship hit one of our main commuter bridges over the river today.  The bridge is closed and traffic is jammed.  I have to go to town tomorrow, and I will be inconvenienced.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: UFO Fill on September 26, 2013, 02:29:11 PM
A ship hit one of our main commuter bridges over the river today.  The bridge is closed and traffic is jammed.  I have to go to town tomorrow, and I will be inconvenienced.

Seeing the Sunshine Skyway Bridge disaster on the national news in May, 1980 created a whole new set of anxieties for my then 4 year old soul. How in the hell does a ship hit a bridge in this day and age? Then again, if it's a Liberian standard issue, they're not quite up to our day and age yet.

WildCard

Quote from: Sardondi on September 25, 2013, 09:22:31 PM
I don't get it. Come on people! Slow children at play.

bateman

Someone at work smeared an enormous booger on the bathroom wall.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: bateman on September 26, 2013, 08:54:29 PM
Someone at work smeared an enormous booger on the bathroom wall.

I worked with the never caught "Mad Shitter" who enjoyed defecating NEXT to the toliet. The custodians probably murdered him.

bateman

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 26, 2013, 10:21:59 PM
       I worked with the never caught "Mad Shitter" who enjoyed defecating NEXT to the toliet. The custodians probably murdered him.

What possesses a person to do that? Do they find a sexual thrill in it? Comedy? Or is it someone angrily squatting next to the toilet thinking "FUCK these janitors, man. I'm gonna leave them a disaster to clean up this time."

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: bateman on September 26, 2013, 10:27:08 PM
What possesses a person to do that? Do they find a sexual thrill in it? Comedy? Or is it someone angrily squatting next to the toilet thinking "FUCK these janitors, man. I'm gonna leave them a disaster to clean up this time."

Considering it was the United States Postal Service...it was probably a really fucked individual. Meaning no shortage of suspects. The comedy occurred when a janitor would encounter the incident, and the custodial version of Code Red happened. Wearing suits like Bill Murray in Caddyshack, angrily trying to find out who did it. I'd usually mention how I saw some asshole boss in the area...

bateman

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 26, 2013, 10:34:24 PM
     Considering it was the United States Postal Service...

Say no more..

aldousburbank

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 26, 2013, 10:34:24 PM
     Considering it was the United States Postal Service...it was probably a really fucked individual. Meaning no shortage of suspects. The comedy occurred when a janitor would encounter the incident, and the custodial version of Code Red happened. Wearing suits like Bill Murray in Caddyshack, angrily trying to find out who did it. I'd usually mention how I saw some asshole boss in the area...
Wait, to be clear- were there postal emloyees who did not smear their stuff on the walls?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 26, 2013, 10:48:09 PM
Wait, to be clear- were there postal emloyees who did not smear their stuff on the walls?

No smearing I know of. That would take extra effort.

bateman

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 26, 2013, 10:53:39 PM
     No smearing I know of. That would take extra effort.

Fucking Philistines. At least make some art out of it.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: bateman on September 26, 2013, 10:56:17 PM
Fucking Philistines. At least make some art out of it.

It's a Union thing. Joe can shit on the floor, but only Marty can pick it up. Then Charlie would be the one to smear it. 3 people, 3 jobs.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 26, 2013, 10:59:54 PM
      It's a Union thing. Joe can shit on the floor, but only Marty can pick it up. Then Charlie would be the one to smear it. 3 people, 3 jobs.
...6 pensions.

onan

Quote from: Sardondi on September 27, 2013, 10:04:20 AM
...6 pensions.

You left out quality control, and the 14 meetings needed to address the problem of parking.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: onan on September 27, 2013, 10:10:08 AM
You left out quality control, and the 14 meetings needed to address the problem of parking.
Did anyone mention TAXES as something annoying.  Finalizing mine this week.  Owwwwww!

Tinfoil Hat

Why is it that when I take a few days off, I end out having to work harder when I return than I would've if I'd never taken time off in the first place? It's not like I'm the only person working there...

Been the week from hell. Yes, every night's been Adult Beverage Night for the two hours or so of free time I had left.