Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 06, 2018, 02:27:37 PM
The following phrases in Craigslist and sales app ads for musical instruments:
1) Lawsuit era
2) Rare
3) Custom
4) Hand made
5) Unplayed

99.9999% of the time its Heater Wad crazy-assed bullshit.

#1 is surely a code name for banned wood imports, and perhaps ivory.  Maybe sometimes #2, #3, and #4 are as well

BellHop

This has been bothering me since yesterday.

I was listening to music on my playlist, and "Rainbow Connection" from the Muppets comes on. The first line says "why are there so many/ songs about rainbows?"

However, I could only think of two songs about rainbows: "Rainbow Connection" and "Over the Rainbow". What other songs is Kermit talking about?!

Jury duty today.  Whole day ruined.  These fucks have zero consideration for those selected and who have no choice but to tolerate whatever they are ordered to do.

That whole building is swarming with useless cops, who are paid cop salaries and are receiving cop benefits and pensions to make sure we take off our belts when going thru the entry scanner, walking around, sitting on their asses, etc.  There are dozens of clerks, bureaucrats, people paid to cater to Spanish only speakers, you name it, no doubt pulling down much higher salaries than they are worth.

So what do ''jurors'' get?  Pay?  No.  Brunch?  No.  Lunch?  No.  We get to get there at 8:30, where we sit for 3 hours in a room with rows of uncomfortable chairs, being quiet and doing nothing.  IF we are needed, we then go to the courtroom, where more time is wasted before a 90 minute lunch is declared.  After lunch, by the time the 12 jurors are selected they've had another 30 minute break, it's 4:30, and time for these slugs to go home.  The judge acted like he was doing us some huge favor holding everyone 5 minutes past 4:30 to impanel the last of the jury instead of making the rest of us come back the next day too.  When returning to the jury assembly room to turn our badges and get our certifications, the woman wasn't there and someone had to go look for her.  Then she took her sweet time coming.  What, they didn't know we'd be coming back after the jury was selected because they only do it every single day?

Here's what should have happened:  Whatever the judge and attorneys were talking about all morning while we waited should have been done the day before, with jury selection starting 8:30 sharp.  We should have had brunch and lunch buffet.  We should have been paid maybe $100 each, like everyone else working there.  The 3 hours it actually took to pick a jury should have taken 3 hours, not 8.  Clerks should have had the forms we were to receive available and ready to hand out when we left the courtroom.

I would love to see these lazy loafers at work at some company somewhere.

I can't wait for government managed medical care

albrecht

Quote from: BellHop on June 06, 2018, 09:37:57 PM
This has been bothering me since yesterday.

I was listening to music on my playlist, and "Rainbow Connection" from the Muppets comes on. The first line says "why are there so many/ songs about rainbows?"

However, I could only think of two songs about rainbows: "Rainbow Connection" and "Over the Rainbow". What other songs is Kermit talking about?!

Blackmore and then Dio band "Rainbow" was awesome.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qcWKZTI9OC4

And, of course, the first rainbow song I'd think of...

Taaroa

Quote from: albrecht on June 06, 2018, 10:07:01 PM

There's nothing more metal than a rainbow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3VgV31vmUE

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on June 06, 2018, 10:07:01 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qcWKZTI9OC4

The music from Muppet Movie was so good!  I saved up my dinky allowance and bought the piano score!  I liked Can You Picture That, although it was a challenge to play.  I liked all of the songs.

I think the lyrics are wrong, but maybe someone got confused, because it's the *prominence* of Over The Rainbow they probably were thinking of.

Jojo

Home visit nurses who do not actually visually inspect the diabetic patient nor check her vitals when it is said she is not up to the (mostly administrative) visit.  And who aren't trained to identify body language/communication style signs of a coercive environment, such as whispering and pointing when out of main sight, instead of speaking normally in the group.

People who don't call 911 when necessary, scold others who do, and receive a lot of mysterious life insurance policy information in the mail.

Mandatory reporters from the Fire Dept and the hospital who either don't report negligence or whose processes are ineffective.

States that don't have a Duty To Summon Aid law.  My state kind of has a mix, like if a crime victim needs help you have to call if you can do so without too much sacrifice, and once you start any rescue, you are required to stay until the situation resolves.  But, the law doesn't address medical need for aid, except to say parents of course have to provide it, as well as people in "special" relationships where one is sort of over the other.  Very vague.

What kind of society doesn't require a duty to summon aid when the opportunity is not a sacrifice.  Even wild animals probably do better.

Doctors (criminals) who fail to tell diabetics to drink a little vinegar in water if their blood sugar stays high too long despite an insulin injection.  Absolutely criminal.

Scientist who don't find ways to restore pancreatic function.  Diabetes is very profitable for the healthcare industry.

And for that matter, employers who don't show new employees the refrigerator immediately, in case medication requires refrigeration.

Jackstar

Quote from: monica on June 07, 2018, 12:35:56 PM
trained to identify body language/communication style signs of a coercive environment, such as whispering and pointing when out of main sight, instead of speaking normally in the group

In the U.S., this happens in public school.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 07, 2018, 12:39:13 PM

In the U.S., this happens in public school.
The body language?  It can be used for a variety of reasons.

Jackstar

Quote from: monica on June 07, 2018, 04:51:37 PM
The body language?

Eight Traits of the Disinformationalist

by H. Michael Sweeney <

HMS@proparanoid.com>
copyright (c) 1997, 2000 All rights reserved

(Revised April 2000 - formerly SEVEN Traits)

1) Avoidance. They never actually discuss issues head-on or provide constructive input, generally avoiding citation of references or credentials. Rather, they merely imply this, that, and the other. Virtually everything about  their presentation implies their authority and  expert knowledge in the matter without any further justification for credibility.

2) Selectivity. They tend to pick and choose opponents carefully, either applying the hit-and-run approach against mere commentators supportive of opponents, or focusing heavier attacks on key opponents who are known to directly address issues. Should a commentatorbecome argumentative with any success, the focus will shift to include the commentator as well.

3) Coincidental. They tend to surface suddenly and somewhat coincidentally with a new controversial topic with no clear prior record of participation in general discussions in the particular public arena involved. They likewise tend to vanish once the topic is no longer of general concern. They were likely directed or elected to be there for a reason, and vanish with the reason.

4) Teamwork. They tend to operate in self-congratulatory and complementary packs or teams. Of course, this can happen naturally in any public forum, but there will likely be an ongoing pattern of frequent exchanges of this sort where professionals are involved. Sometimes one of the players will infiltrate the opponent camp to become a source for straw man or other tactics designed to dilute opponent presentation strength.

5) Anti-conspiratorial. They almost always have disdain for 'conspiracy theorists' and, usually, for those who in any way believe JFK was not killed by LHO. Ask yourself why, if they hold such disdain for conspiracy theorists, do they focus on defending a single topic discussed in a NG focusing on conspiracies? One might think they would either be trying to make fools of everyone on every topic, or simply ignore the group they hold in such disdain.Or, one might more rightly conclude they have  an ulterior motive for their actions in going out of their way to focus as they do.

6) Artificial Emotions. An odd kind of 'artificial' emotionalism and an unusually thick skin -- an ability to persevere and persist even in the face of overwhelming criticism and unacceptance. This likely stems from intelligence community training that, no matter how condemning the evidence, deny everything, and never become emotionally involved or reactive. The net result for a disinfo artist is that emotions can seem artificial. Most people, if responding in anger, for instance, will express their animosity throughout their rebuttal. But disinfo types usually have trouble maintaining the 'image' and are hot and cold with respect to pretended emotions and their usually more calm or unemotional communications style. It's just a job, and they often seem unable to 'act their role in character' as well in a communications medium as they might be able in a real face-to-face  conversation/confrontation. You might have outright rage and indignation one moment, ho-hum the next, and more anger later -- an emotional yo-yo. With respect to being thick-skinned, no amount of criticism will deter them from doing their job, and they will generally continue their old disinfo patterns without any adjustments to criticisms of how obvious it is that they play that game -- where a more rational individual who truly cares what others think might seek to improve their communications style, substance, and so forth, or simply give up.

7) Inconsistent. There is also a tendency to make mistakes which betray their true self/motives. This may stem from not really knowing their topic, or it may be somewhat 'freudian', so to speak, in that perhaps they  really root for the side of truth deep within.

I have noted that often, they will simply cite contradictory information which neutralizes  itself and the author. For instance, one such  player claimed to be a Navy pilot, but blamed his poor communicating skills (spelling, grammar, incoherent style) on having only a grade-school education. I'm not aware of too many Navy pilots who don't have a college degree. Another claimed no knowledge of a particular topic/situation but later claimed first-hand knowledge of it.

8) BONUS TRAIT: Time Constant. Recently discovered, with respect to News Groups, is the response time factor. There are three ways this can be seen to work, especially when the government or other empowered player is involved in a cover up operation:

1) ANY NG posting by a targeted proponent for truth  can result in an IMMEDIATE response. The government and other empowered players can afford to pay people to sit there and watch for an opportunity to do some damage. SINCE DISINFO IN A NG ONLY WORKS IF THE READER SEES IT - FAST RESPONSE IS CALLED FOR, or the visitor may be swayed towards truth.

2) When dealing in more direct ways with a disinformationalist, such as email, DELAY IS CALLED FOR - there will usually be a minimum of a 48-72 hour delay. This allows a sit-down team discussion on response strategy for best effect, and even enough time to 'get permission' or instruction from a formal chain of command.

3) In the NG example 1) above, it will often ALSO be seen that bigger guns are drawn and fired after the same 48-72 hours delay - the team approach in play. This is especially true when the targeted truth seeker or their comments are considered more important with respect to potential to reveal truth. Thus, a serious truth sayer will be attacked twice for the same sin. 

I close with the first paragraph of the introduction to my unpublished book, Fatal Rebirth:

Truth cannot live on a diet of secrets, withering within entangled lies. Freedom cannot live on a diet of lies, surrendering to the veil of oppression. The human spirit cannot live on a diet of oppression, becoming subservient in the end to the will of evil. God, as truth incarnate, will not long let stand a world devoted to such evil. Therefore, let us have the truth and freedom our spirits require... or let us die seeking these things, for without them, we shall surely and justly perish in an evil world.

Quote from: monica on June 07, 2018, 04:51:37 PM
It can be used for a variety of reasons.

... One supposes so.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 07, 2018, 05:10:24 PM
Eight Traits of the Disinformationalist

by H. Michael Sweeney <

HMS@proparanoid.com>
copyright (c) 1997, 2000 All rights reserved

(Revised April 2000 - formerly SEVEN Traits)

1) Avoidance. They never actually discuss issues head-on or provide constructive input, generally avoiding citation of references or credentials. Rather, they merely imply this, that, and the other. Virtually everything about  their presentation implies their authority and  expert knowledge in the matter without any further justification for credibility.

2) Selectivity. They tend to pick and choose opponents carefully, either applying the hit-and-run approach against mere commentators supportive of opponents, or focusing heavier attacks on key opponents who are known to directly address issues. Should a commentatorbecome argumentative with any success, the focus will shift to include the commentator as well.

3) Coincidental. They tend to surface suddenly and somewhat coincidentally with a new controversial topic with no clear prior record of participation in general discussions in the particular public arena involved. They likewise tend to vanish once the topic is no longer of general concern. They were likely directed or elected to be there for a reason, and vanish with the reason.

4) Teamwork. They tend to operate in self-congratulatory and complementary packs or teams. Of course, this can happen naturally in any public forum, but there will likely be an ongoing pattern of frequent exchanges of this sort where professionals are involved. Sometimes one of the players will infiltrate the opponent camp to become a source for straw man or other tactics designed to dilute opponent presentation strength.

5) Anti-conspiratorial. They almost always have disdain for 'conspiracy theorists' and, usually, for those who in any way believe JFK was not killed by LHO. Ask yourself why, if they hold such disdain for conspiracy theorists, do they focus on defending a single topic discussed in a NG focusing on conspiracies? One might think they would either be trying to make fools of everyone on every topic, or simply ignore the group they hold in such disdain.Or, one might more rightly conclude they have  an ulterior motive for their actions in going out of their way to focus as they do.

6) Artificial Emotions. An odd kind of 'artificial' emotionalism and an unusually thick skin -- an ability to persevere and persist even in the face of overwhelming criticism and unacceptance. This likely stems from intelligence community training that, no matter how condemning the evidence, deny everything, and never become emotionally involved or reactive. The net result for a disinfo artist is that emotions can seem artificial. Most people, if responding in anger, for instance, will express their animosity throughout their rebuttal. But disinfo types usually have trouble maintaining the 'image' and are hot and cold with respect to pretended emotions and their usually more calm or unemotional communications style. It's just a job, and they often seem unable to 'act their role in character' as well in a communications medium as they might be able in a real face-to-face  conversation/confrontation. You might have outright rage and indignation one moment, ho-hum the next, and more anger later -- an emotional yo-yo. With respect to being thick-skinned, no amount of criticism will deter them from doing their job, and they will generally continue their old disinfo patterns without any adjustments to criticisms of how obvious it is that they play that game -- where a more rational individual who truly cares what others think might seek to improve their communications style, substance, and so forth, or simply give up.

7) Inconsistent. There is also a tendency to make mistakes which betray their true self/motives. This may stem from not really knowing their topic, or it may be somewhat 'freudian', so to speak, in that perhaps they  really root for the side of truth deep within.

I have noted that often, they will simply cite contradictory information which neutralizes  itself and the author. For instance, one such  player claimed to be a Navy pilot, but blamed his poor communicating skills (spelling, grammar, incoherent style) on having only a grade-school education. I'm not aware of too many Navy pilots who don't have a college degree. Another claimed no knowledge of a particular topic/situation but later claimed first-hand knowledge of it.

8) BONUS TRAIT: Time Constant. Recently discovered, with respect to News Groups, is the response time factor. There are three ways this can be seen to work, especially when the government or other empowered player is involved in a cover up operation:

1) ANY NG posting by a targeted proponent for truth  can result in an IMMEDIATE response. The government and other empowered players can afford to pay people to sit there and watch for an opportunity to do some damage. SINCE DISINFO IN A NG ONLY WORKS IF THE READER SEES IT - FAST RESPONSE IS CALLED FOR, or the visitor may be swayed towards truth.

2) When dealing in more direct ways with a disinformationalist, such as email, DELAY IS CALLED FOR - there will usually be a minimum of a 48-72 hour delay. This allows a sit-down team discussion on response strategy for best effect, and even enough time to 'get permission' or instruction from a formal chain of command.

3) In the NG example 1) above, it will often ALSO be seen that bigger guns are drawn and fired after the same 48-72 hours delay - the team approach in play. This is especially true when the targeted truth seeker or their comments are considered more important with respect to potential to reveal truth. Thus, a serious truth sayer will be attacked twice for the same sin. 

I close with the first paragraph of the introduction to my unpublished book, Fatal Rebirth:

Truth cannot live on a diet of secrets, withering within entangled lies. Freedom cannot live on a diet of lies, surrendering to the veil of oppression. The human spirit cannot live on a diet of oppression, becoming subservient in the end to the will of evil. God, as truth incarnate, will not long let stand a world devoted to such evil. Therefore, let us have the truth and freedom our spirits require... or let us die seeking these things, for without them, we shall surely and justly perish in an evil world.

... One supposes so.

What would you like to discuss?  Don't confuse civility with dispassion. 
Re #1, I site sources all the time as seen in my post history!
Re #2, I respond to many people, not selectively!
Re #3, I dont surface suddenly in new controversies.  I respond to a lot of old posts, even ancient ones like from 2008.  I cut my teeth on Dixie Butcher!
Regarding #4, it's pretty obvious i have no team, although some people are friendlier.
Re #5, I have contributed a lot to conspiracy discussion, esp mass shootings and covert programs.
Re #6, Dispassionate perseverance is not only acquired by intelligence workers, but also by boot camp survivors, as well as people who have to constantly interface with filth like you're acting like when you insinuate that a self-declared targeted individual you know is now supposedly according to SackStar, a paid disinformation specialist.    Hate cannot be sustained without destruction, so victim-survivors of targeting learn to keep strong emotions at bay.  People who have to enforce policies also benefit from isolating emotions:  Compliance officers, traffic cops, courthouse marshals, regulators, appraisers, and inspectors.  A good debater does not employ constant character assasination as your article implies.  A good debater or writer puts principles above personalities.  That's not to say you aren't starting to really irritate me with your constant negativity and superior demeanor.  People who live long don't expend too much energy on vitriol.  Hate cannot be sustained without eventual injury, illness, or destruction.
Re #7:  You've got nothing there.  Prove it.  My opinions have integrity, and reconsideration occurs after obvious new input.
Re #8:  Without a team, this is irrelevant.

This thread is Things That Annoy You.  You have some problem with me being annoyed at Big Healthcare?  The nurse was nice!  Friendly, on time, and clean.  But she left without visually observing a patient who the nurse was told was too sick to be seen.  A patient who has been hospitalized for several days each, four times in a year.  Despite the fact that her family did not want me to call paramedics and berated me brazenly about it while EMTs were still present.  What part of this is not annoying, SackStarWhenHeIsNotThinkingOfHimself.

Jojo

THINGS THAT ANNOY YOU:
JACKSTAR!

Jojo

Spankstar, if I were the disinfo employee you suggest, don't you think I'd be in GLP?  After all, I could reach a heck of a lot more people and rake in a lot more (theoretical) dough over there since I type 90wpm.  But I'm not a disinfo person, not an employee, not being paid in any way. 

I come here to this smaller group because is has more content quality.

Praise Liberace.   

GravitySucks

Quote from: monica on June 08, 2018, 04:36:57 PM
Spankstar, if I were the disinfo employee you suggest, don't you think I'd be in GLP?  After all, I could reach a heck of a lot more people and rake in a lot more (theoretical) dough over there since I type 90wpm.  But I'm not a disinfo person, not an employee, not being paid in any way. 

I come here to this smaller group because is has more content quality.

Praise Liberace.   

Less Filling

Jackstar

You meet two strangers: a good guy who always tells the truth, and a bad guy who always lies. You ask the first guy if he is a truth teller, and he mumbles an answer that you can't quite make out. The second guy then looks at you and says, "He said yes, but he's a liar." Which one is the good guy who tastes great?

Jackstar

Quote from: monica on June 08, 2018, 03:57:24 AM
THINGS THAT ANNOY YOU:
JACKSTAR!

... I'm not a thing.

#objectification #MeToo #flex

Jackstar

Quote from: monica on June 08, 2018, 03:22:05 AM
My opinions have integrity

Quote from: monica on May 12, 2018, 04:55:17 PM
CBD oil is not safe for pets, especially when eaten.

[attachment=1]

Jojo

I retract it. I do not know if CBD oil is safe or not for cats to ingest.  Many experts say it is safe.  However, per the Humane Society ASPCA, there is no antidote at the veterinarian's office in case of accidental overdose.  Some experts say overdose might not be as serious as others think it is.   I saw an article where someone said CBD oil damaged a cat who ate it, but I dont see any site like that now.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 08, 2018, 04:47:10 PM
You meet two strangers: a good guy who always tells the truth, and a bad guy who always lies. You ask the first guy if he is a truth teller, and he mumbles an answer that you can't quite make out. The second guy then looks at you and says, "He said yes, but he's a liar." Which one is the good guy who tastes great?
The one who doesn't do hard drugs and who eats his vegetables.  ;)

Fourteen

Jojo

22-year old boys from belligerent families who visit belligerent relatives and, while there, lose a special wrench.  Then saying, as if the loss were our fault, "This is a good way to make a grown man (smirk) have a tantrum".  L-O-L.  Show me something we don't see here on a daily basis, boy...

Fourteen

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 14, 2018, 04:55:01 AM

Stop. You had me there.
The flood gates opened!

He comes home in the wee hours and parks on the lawn, sets his big boots and stinky shoes by the dining table, knocks on my door at 8:30AM asking if I've seen his, his, HIS special sweatshirt.  I don't even KNOW him!  Let alone his sweat shirts.  He takes long showers, takes long time trimming his side burns, comes out of the bathroom smelling like a parfumerie...at bedtime...just to sleep in a GARAGE with a tomcat.  He freaks out about his special wrench even though he should know not to bring anything special here.  He knows there's a kleptomaniac and he knows the protocol is to go through his grandma for reclamations... He leaves his foul smelling dirty laundry in the machine for 2 days FOR SOME FAIRY TO COME ALONG AND WASH.  And, lied about it.  He litters on the bathroom counter, leaves socks & underwear on the bathroom floor.  Looks fried on drugs.  And, whining!  Whining!  It's hilarious.  He criticizes the ladies under his breath.  I agree with what he says, but he's asking for war if they hear him.

He is free loading here.  If he doesn't like the ladies, he is welcome to avoid them, and keep his stuff locked in his truck or a trunk.  He looks like he could afford a room, for Pete's sake.  At least he doesn't leave facial trimmings around.

Sure is cute, though.  And, who can resist being kind to a sort of shy kid from a crazy family, who's got legitimate complaints.  Especially since he works on cars, oh boy...  All the wires came loose off both my headlights and he said he would try to help.  I don't mind hearing him out, but I do not clean up for him.

Not The Cleaning Lady,
Fourteen

Bluejay

Insanely long lineups (especially at the airport).

Bluejay

Screaming kids on planes and in restaurants.

Gd5150

Quote from: Bluejay on June 18, 2018, 10:55:30 AM

Screaming kids on planes and in restaurants.

Lmao!!! Is that T.O.?

Metron2267

Astounding (not) that TO lobbied relentlessly to get in the HOF - a very public honor and position and then about faced to celebrate it only with his homies.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/hall-of-fame-voter-explains-why-terrell-owens-was-kept-out-of-canton

“It was the second longest discussion we had in the room other than Eddie DeBartolo,” Myers says. “The bottom line on T.O. is he was so disruptive. With (Lawrence Taylor), you don’t count the off-the-field stuff. That’s a mandate from the Hall of Fame â€" it’s only what you’ve done on the field. The argument that was made in the room, and I agreed with this, is what T.O. did in the locker room is a part…”

“That counts?,” Tucker interrupts. “Why don’t you just evaluate what’s inside the white lines?”

“I think the locker room is an extension of that,” Myers answers.

“He’s a Hall of Fame player that five teams couldn’t wait to get rid of. So what does that tell about how disruptive he was?”

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/sports/nfl/2018/02/03/terrell-owens-calls-hall-fame-hall-shame/110022780/

Terrell Owens, 2018 Hall of Famer, referred to it as the 'Hall of Shame' earlier this week in an interview with USA TODAY Sports on Radio Row.

So why even bother to accept the award TO?

All you prove is that you care nothing about the fans and never did. :(

Taaroa

Posters who 'sign off' at the end of their posts on a forum without signatures.

Jojo

Quote from: Taaroa on June 19, 2018, 05:38:27 AM
Posters who 'sign off' at the end of their posts on a forum without signatures.
I hope I'm mistaken, but the signature feature seems to be unavailable? 

Signed by hand as usual,
Fourteen and lovin' every minute