• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Jojo

People who get a pneumonia vaccination, and then get pneumonia.
And Big Pharma, who isn't required to check to see for sure if it was a different strain.

Jojo

So-called service dogs OFF LEASHES in businesses open to the public.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 19, 2018, 09:53:31 AM
Your definition of racism is probably someone who eats black licorice. ::)
i'm far from the boy who cried wolf

Jojo

People who have complications from bariatric weight loss surgery who eat deep fat fried food, creamed dips, etc...

Jojo

Couch surfers who use the bathroom to curl their hair and apply a lot of make up.

Jojo

People who adopt multiple pets, knowing the pets will sleep in cold cars and garages.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on January 20, 2018, 10:59:11 AM
bariatric weight loss surgery

because meth isn't sadistic enough

Jojo

Organizations with no web sites.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on January 20, 2018, 11:00:51 AM
because meth isn't sadistic enough
What do you mean?  Do you think she is on meth?  I haven't noticed any sores.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Jojo on January 20, 2018, 02:18:35 AM
People who get a pneumonia vaccination, and then get pneumonia.

I hate those people too.

Jojo

JS, what is wrong with these people?  They say they lived in a shelter two years in order to get a grant.  They are now waiting for a voucher (hopefully related).  So they are homeless for a few weeks.  What kind of people living in a shelter with free meals for two years can't afford a motel?  What kind of shelter tosses out a longtime client a few weeks before her housing comes in?  What is going on?  Where does this woman's money go?  Two TWO service dogs and no dang home.  How is that even allowed?

She gets over $1000/mo, her spouse works casually...  Im sure they both get some food stamps.  Medicaid covers all necessary medical care.  They should be loaded by now.  Now the landlady says they left the shelter voluntarily because clients were drinking alcohol.  I asked why she didn't complain.  Evidently sobriety was not a requirement.  That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time.  Every shelter forbids drinking alcohol on premise!

Jojo

Landladies who lie bald faced.

whoozit

Quote from: Jojo on January 20, 2018, 11:06:48 AM
Landladies who lie bald faced.
People that don’t see the bright side, at least she shaved.

Jojo

Quote from: whoozit on January 20, 2018, 04:00:09 PM
Hahaha.  There is a bright side to living with liars.  It's that they generally (not always) are lazy.  And lazy people can be counted on to be non-confrontational, slow, dimwitted, careless, have low standards, forgetful, and have low self-respect, etc...  Which means that as long as I don't rock the whole boat,  I can surreptitiously control, be devious, opportunize, and have the moral upper hand, all while appearing helpful.  Works alright, when I remember.  Certainly not my nature, but being a rat can be learned.

wr250

Quote from: whoozit on January 20, 2018, 04:00:09 PM
having to shave the neckbeard is annoying ...

Quote from: Jojo on January 20, 2018, 07:49:11 PM
Hahaha.  There is a bright side to living with liars.  It's that they generally (not always) are lazy.  And lazy people can be counted on to be non-confrontational, slow, dimwitted, careless, have low standards, forgetful, and have low self-respect, etc...  Which means that as long as I don't rock the whole boat,  I can surreptitiously control, be devious, opportunize, and have the moral upper hand, all while appearing helpful.  Works alright, when I remember...

Sounds like the perfect living situation

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 20, 2018, 08:21:48 PM
I still can't grasp the "living situation" Jojo posts about so often but it seems like some almost royal-intrigue like place but on a much lower budget. Like the Borgias in a early 20th century boarding house. It is weird but, oddly, funny and interesting. Especially since aside from times during school (dorms, fraternities/sororities, roommates, etc) I wasn't aware unrelated people still lived in communal types of situations. I guess there are rehab places or those on parole (thankfully not near me?)

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 20, 2018, 08:21:48 PM

Hopeless retard, you sure you're not his roommate?

Quote from: 136 or 142 on January 20, 2018, 08:35:50 PM
Hopeless retard, you sure you're not his roommate?

You seem grouchy

paladin1991

Quote from: Jojo on January 17, 2018, 03:06:33 AM
Supervisor who was already confronted about serious sexual harassment allegations from a client (and her boyfriend), who go on to continue things like telling clients it was great to help them because they are "pretty", or that he knows they will enjoy their upcoming vacation "in their bikini". 

Married.  Fat.  Old.  Supervisor.  Talking to Chicks.
Are you annoyed because he doesn't talk to you that way?

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on January 20, 2018, 08:35:30 PM
I still can't grasp the "living situation" Jojo posts about so often but it seems like some almost royal-intrigue like place but on a much lower budget. Like the Borgias in a early 20th century boarding house. It is weird but, oddly, funny and interesting. Especially since aside from times during school (dorms, fraternities/sororities, roommates, etc) I wasn't aware unrelated people still lived in communal types of situations. I guess there are rehab places or those on parole (thankfully not near me?)
WOTWOTWOTWOTWOTWOTWOTWOTWOTWOTWOTWOTWTWOTWOTWOTWOTWOTWOTWOTWOT

GETTING ESTABLISHED

I usually had my own place.  I started out with a city apartment for a long time in the nineties.  It had mature landscaping, a bay window, and an interior wood wall.  It was on the second floor in a nice mixed-use neighborhood.  For years, I was able to walk to work.  The owners  of those apartments are still in business.

Later, I was a home owner.  My first home was nestled in light woods, with a magnolia tree, cherry tree, cedar trees, eagles, deer, spearmint, rhubarb... everything!  Cedar ceilings, wood floors, nice big windows looking out at nature.  It was private, not a subdivision.  Foothills.  I built two swings.  One day, I had to get a baby bat out of the vented kerosene furnace.  Another day, two trees with trunks many feet around fell straight down due to rot.  I wasn't home but the neighbor said it had felt like an earthquake.  The trees missed the nice matching outbuilding by one inch!  Amazing. The property happened to be in a military flight training zone, although that is no longer the case.  Although no one believes me, I heard many Sonic booms in the wee hours.

Then I bought a second home closer to work.  It had a rose garden, a fenced yard, and a peek-a-boo view.  Inside, there was a wood stove, a gas stove, and a sliding door to a fully insulated patio room with high ceilings.  I slept in "the hive", a room in the center of the house with large interior and exterior windows to other rooms.  The neighborhood was just my style, rustic, with gravel single lane roads and dogs sleeping in them (That always worried me).  For a while, I fostered a rescue dog there, and once when he deserved it, my dog beat him up!

I turned one home into a rental and managed it, sometimes with a property manager, sometimes without.  Most renters were good, but one had to be evicted.  He was a pain, but there were many delicious moments when, in the process of eviction, he was caught with an outstanding warrant.  The Marshall in court handled him.  The first judge made him look like a fool.  The second judge, taken aback, responded to his smart aleck comments with a very swift court order.  The derelict cost me a small fortune, but it went great and costs were eventually deductible.  While he brought chaos and harm wherever he went, in the end, a lot of good people worked closely together and enjoyed it, which would not have happened without the derelict.  He had been selected by a property manager, but only because of deception and trickery.  I put the financial judgment against the derelict into collection for ten years, which recently ended with no luck.

NAFTA CAFTA

Shortly after that, jobs with my skills were off-shored.  I was down sized.  My career company no longer exists.  Everyone fell hard, except those who were able to retire. 

I sold the rental, and hung onto my own home for five years after my career went to "India".  I updated my education, but still, the job market for older workers was not good.  Other middle aged workers faced similar struggles.  People began losing their homes left and right.  Suddenly, homes which had been doing alright went into deep negative equity.  The switch downward seemed totally arbitrary.  Homes were not selling, and were depreciating.

The foreclosures were the thickest section of the newspaper for years.  Minorities and single women were hit hardest.  Newspapers got thinner and thinner due to the Internet, but the foreclosure section just kept growing.  Realtors and bankers lined their pockets with large fees for hardship short sales, on the backs of regular homeowners facing foreclosure. I opted not to line the pockets of vultures with an expensive short sale loss.  Bankers and realtors should not be allowed to profit so much on short sale losses.  They didn't seem to understand that aside from the credit hit and hopeless debt, which would be hopeless either way, the short sale ONLY WOULD BENEFIT THEM.  Considering the short sale would have benefitted them, not me, during very bitter events, maybe they should have paid ME to agree.  None of them expressed any shame in excess profits from families losing their hard-earned, much needed homes.  So I ignored them.

I took what I could.  I used the house as a storage bin for a while, returning for supplies as needed after I moved out.  Over the next few years, out of necessity, I had to sell the upright grand piano, the double-door fridge, a family antique desk, antique rocking chairs, jewelry, the safe, and lots of other items.  I sold it all using word of mouth and Craigslist.  I made about five thousand dollars even at garage sale rates.  I was not able to sell a rather new washer in good condition.  I lost so much.  But I wasn't the only one.  Houses were abandoned, sometimes not even locked, with stuff in them.

Job seekers cried, telling me they had no more jewelry they could sell to make rent.

In a bad job market, to make rent, I had to sell my ten-year employer's jewelry award (thick, large, detailed gold hoop earrings), an 18-karat Italian necklace also from my job (got $600 at the pawn shop), a gift that had been handmade rare green turquoise earrings set in thick gold, a bracelet of many colors of jade (including rare yellow, at one time), and when the valuable pieces dwindled to nothing, I even sold earring backs and the posts of earrings. At one point, I purchased a pair of small, sentimental earrings back, at big premium for the pawn shop.  All of this was horribly painful-lots of tears in the car.  But not as painful as selling the rental.  That was like losing a child.  It was one of a kind.  Like a realtor, I know it was a unique property, because I drove around and did my comps, even stretching into other counties, before buying it and after a couple years there.  It really was one of a kind, impossible to find anywhere around here, let alone at a comparable price.

I think of Job from the Bible, and how he lost his own children.  When God restored Job's situation, he did not raise the children from the dead.  Job bore new children.  That has always bothered me a whole lot.  What if Job missed his original children?

The job market did not rebound.  Employment Security said I was a dislocated worker.  I moved to another county for its larger urban job market.  Unfortunately, I did not anticipate a housing shortage.

MAYOR DECLARES HOUSING SHORTAGE

Everyone is doubling up, multiple generations, people living in garages, attics and sheds.  7-8 cars outside one rambler.  13 people living in a house built for five.  No apparent laws on overcrowding.  Breakers flipping, appliances that can't keep up with the load,  a lot of overflowing trash cans, which draw vermin.  Shared bedrooms, shared attics, shared garages.  Dwellings not heated over 45 in winter, and hothouse rooms in summer.  Addiction, crime and gangs growing.  Weekly night time gunfire.  Encampments. 

Due to low wages, most people I know do not qualify for an apartment.  Because even with two people, their gross income is not three times the going rate for rent.  And most people I know pay well over half their net income to rent homes or rooms.  A 600 square foot converted shed rents for $1195.  A 300 square foot squalid attic rents for $900.  An older studio fourth floor walk up with no sliding windows goes for $1200.  An 8 X 10 room four miles out, with no closet, goes for $650.  A basement room with no closet or window is $650.  Landlords (according to the ones on Nextdoor.com) are charging whatever the market will bear, not pre-qualifying applicants, but taking well over 50% of renters' net incomes, out of sheer greed. 

Because it is a landlords' market, exploitation is occurring.  Renters are told to keep their food in boxes or basements.  Sometimes there are cameras on the area of the angle where ladies have to bend over to get their food.  And renters are discouraged from using the kitchen.  It is common to have microwaves in rooms, hence the breakers flipping and the power not being strong enough to support A/C.  Many units are doing away with ovens entirely, some weird trend.  Or, walling off a small room as a locked "oven room", with no plumbing.  Primary residents (landlords or subleassors) are not sharing common household space, so bedrooms become a gypsy mess of supplies which ordinarily would be kept in kitchens, bathrooms, and hallway cabinets.  Living rooms are walled off for landlords only, or poorer landlords are sleeping in them while renting out their own rooms.

The government and local philanthropists are very concerned.  A lot of demand for housing was created during all those years of foreclosures.  Many homes sit empty.  People lost their homes and need places  to go.  Housing is being built, but it is mostly going to be for the homeless, from what I understand.  That could make it harder for me to find housing, if I have to compete with people in entitlement programs.

LUCKY ME

Overall, I have been very fortunate.  The first household I lived in accepted all of my very aged pets, and had many aged pets of their own who also passed away. lived there until one by one, they deceased.  I didn't like sleeping in a boxy bedroom, since I had been accustomed to using dens with open walls as my bedrooms at my homes.  Anyhow, I got used to it, until one day, the landlord and his family lost their home and needed to move in.  So, we all had to go.

I am still fortunate to have my own decent room and a place to call home.  Although the place is far from perfect, it is more suitable than many places I have looked at.  It is difficult living with somewhat disabled people, but compared to the other scenes I have seen, this is a piece of cake.  They need the rental income, as well as a helping hand, and I need a place.

Most of the residents here are related.  They are basically a family, although it is multi-generational and they have not always lived together in the past, although many times.  The other renter and I are basically paying guests.  Several of us work outside the home.  Among us, we cope with individual health or mental health concerns but like pieces of a puzzle, it all kind of works out for the most part.

On any given day, someone is not going to be happy living with a gob of people, and we all just have to take our turn on that.  And it is funny.  I'm not real happy when they scream at dogs outside my bedroom door at 7AM.  Especially when they tell me the clothes dryer is too loud at 7PM.  You just have to laugh, and learn to remove items from the dryer which have zippers and noisy metal parts.  And some of the conflicts here are like taking candy from a baby.  I'm not proud of that, but it is easier dealing with older people.  I hope when I'm old, people don't take too much advantage of my dull senses!!

And half the time, everyone except me is asleep or dozing by 7PM!  So that's pretty good, as I am quiet.  What more could I ask for?  Other than more work hours, of course. 

Jojo

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 21, 2018, 12:32:59 AM
Are you annoyed because he doesn't talk to you that way?
Only annoyed when we three receptionists sit in a row and he points to the one in the middle and says he will work with her because she is young and cute!  She is NOT cute.  We two older ladies are much more attractive than her.  She never smiles, hates people, is growing hedges for eyebrows, and said she doesn't believe in brushing her hair!

The other day in the middle of a client session, he joked so hard about being "on top" of the female client that his assistant said, "Now, now, not at work...". He didn't take it well, grumped like a spoilt child and then added, "This is how I have fun.". OMG.  I wish his wife would do spot checks, but she works full time too.

Spot checks on wives too are really important.  I have seen women turn into to total shrews the moment their hubby is out the door.  Then when he comes back, they just flip a charm switch.  It is sickening!  Everybody Spot Check the spouse!  Know who you really married!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on January 21, 2018, 01:20:53 AM
Only annoyed when we three receptionists sit in a row and he points to the one in the middle and says he will work with her because she is young and cute!  She is NOT cute.  We two older ladies are much more attractive than her.  She never smiles, hates people, is growing hedges for eyebrows, and said she doesn't believe in brushing her hair!

The other day in the middle of a client session, he joked so hard about being "on top" of the female client that his assistant said, "Now, now, not at work...". He didn't take it well, grumped like a spoilt child and then added, "This is how I have fun.". OMG.  I wish his wife would do spot checks, but she works full time too.

Spot checks on wives too are really important.  I have seen women turn into to total shrews the moment their hubby is out the door.  Then when he comes back, they just flip a charm switch.  It is sickening!  Everybody Spot Check the spouse!  Know who you really married!

Wait! Isn't this the movie 9 To 5? ???

Jojo

Couch surfer free loading woman who picks a noisy fight with her boyfriend on a work night.  In.Someone.Else's.House.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on January 21, 2018, 03:17:01 AM
Couch surfer free loading woman who picks a noisy fight with her boyfriend on a work night.  In.Someone.Else's.House.

Say hi to Dabny Colman ror me.  :D

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 21, 2018, 08:27:15 AM
Say hi to Dabny Colman ror me.  :D
What is he known for?  I've never had cable and his wiki is very long...

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 21, 2018, 01:29:30 AM
Wait! Isn't this the movie 9 To 5? ???
Just about...  Except today I got to leave at 4:30...

ksm32

Quote from: Jojo on January 21, 2018, 01:02:40 AM

I am still fortunate to have my own decent room and a place to call home.  Although the place is far from perfect, it is more suitable than many places I have looked at.  It is difficult living with somewhat disabled people, but compared to the other scenes I have seen, this is a piece of cake.  They need the rental income, as well as a helping hand, and I need a place.

Most of the residents here are related.  They are basically a family, although it is multi-generational and they have not always lived together in the past, although many times.  The other renter and I are basically paying guests.  Several of us work outside the home.  Among us, we cope with individual health or mental health concerns but like pieces of a puzzle, it all kind of works out for the most part.

On any given day, someone is not going to be happy living with a gob of people, and we all just have to take our turn on that.  And it is funny.  I'm not real happy when they scream at dogs outside my bedroom door at 7AM.  Especially when they tell me the clothes dryer is too loud at 7PM.  You just have to laugh, and learn to remove items from the dryer which have zippers and noisy metal parts.  And some of the conflicts here are like taking candy from a baby.  I'm not proud of that, but it is easier dealing with older people.  I hope when I'm old, people don't take too much advantage of my dull senses!!

And half the time, everyone except me is asleep or dozing by 7PM!  So that's pretty good, as I am quiet.  What more could I ask for?  Other than more work hours, of course.

Mr. Nosy here, if I may ask,

should you manage to land more hours at your job could you not get yourself a roomy and go in on a two bedroom apt? Is that anything you're aspiring to? Surely you don't want to stay/settle with your current living situation forever, correct?

I can appreciate your entire above post btw, some people would have buckled in all that. You're not a quitter.