• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

It's bad enough that anyone that ever picked up a musical instrument is now an 'artist'.  The latest obnoxious term to deem onesself is a 'creative'.

'What do you do?'  Oh, I'm a creative'.  Or in response to some query, 'oh, I'm a creative and we all (do this or that, fill in the blank)'

So in addition to 'artist's' vs. us 'non-artist proles', we now have another higher order - the 'creatives'.

Eddie Coyle

Whale Shit.

The snowplow drivers of Massachusetts. (See what I did there)

BigDave

I can't stand Valentine's Day! ::)   The one good thing about not being with My wife anymore,I don't have to buy that crap anymore. 8)

stevesh

Not many here will be able to sympathize, but when you listen to C2C online as a Coast Insider, the music they play during the commercial breaks is all weird 'techno' crap.

Eddie Coyle

I'd rather fall down a flight of 12,000 steps than be stuck in a room with a proselytizing "12 stepper". Forgive me for being able to hold my liquor and not accrue DUI's.

McPhallus

...when I order a burrito and get to the cashier, plop down my Chipotle coupon only to realize I'm actually at Qdoba.

davidk26212

The rat that lives on george noorys upper lip...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 14, 2013, 11:50:35 PM
       I'd rather fall down a flight of 12,000 steps than be stuck in a room with a proselytizing "12 stepper". Forgive me for being able to hold my liquor and not accrue DUI's.

no shit.  if alcohol didn't work out for them, it must be bad for everyone.  an absolutely worthless breed of human.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on February 15, 2013, 03:48:40 PM

no shit.  if alcohol didn't work out for them, it must be bad for everyone.  an absolutely worthless breed of human.
The asshole who was pulling this shit had the wisdom and self perseverance to not even approach me, but he was working the room looking for suckers to lecture to. He found some. I guess they're too decent to say "hey fucko, move it along. I have a beer to finish"

Juan

It annoys me that my local grocery store sold out of candy and there was none on sale today.  Not that I need any.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 15, 2013, 04:31:07 PM
      The asshole who was pulling this shit had the wisdom and self perseverance to not even approach me, but he was working the room looking for suckers to lecture to. He found some. I guess they're too decent to say "hey fucko, move it along. I have a beer to finish"

what's the context of all of this?  where were you, who was this cunt, and who were the rubes he sucked in?  were you at the dmv or something?

McPhallus

Quote from: MV on February 15, 2013, 06:40:40 PM

what's the context of all of this?  where were you, who was this cunt, and who were the rubes he sucked in?  were you at the dmv or something?

I hope he says "AA meeting."  That would make this the funniest joke in coastgab history.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: McPhallus on February 15, 2013, 06:54:17 PM
I hope he says "AA meeting."  That would make this the funniest joke in coastgab history.

heh heh

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on February 15, 2013, 06:40:40 PM

AA meeting would be pretty funny wouldn't it.

But...it was a former co-worker's retirement sendoff at a Chinese restaurant in all of places...Chinatown.  The AA douche was a guy(I hadn't seen since 2001) who has had his license confiscated multiple times for DUI, but now he's a dry drunk-(a year) and feels a need to spread the word. Being in a place serving booze must have made him go into hyperdrive because he was going from table to table talking about his reformation. He avoided my table, but  heard him loud and clear on at least 5 occasions saying "hey, if I can stop drinking..."

I hope some delayed cirrhosis gets him. Or a drunk driver.

analog kid

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 15, 2013, 04:31:07 PM

Sounds like he was desperate to validate himself, similar to those newly born again. There was probably a born again element there, considering AA is a religious load of crap.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: analog kid on February 15, 2013, 07:53:36 PM
Sounds like he was desperate to validate himself, similar to those newly born again. There was probably a born again element there, considering AA is a religious load of crap.

I have quite a few relatives that fit that description. Sublimation of God for booze/drugs. I prefer the latter.

This AA douche at the retirement party isn't a born again(I don't think so,but won't rule it out)) but he's a former shop steward who deems himself a leader and loves to impose his will upon others. Unfortunately, his powers of persuasion had no effect on management.

Usagi

Shopping websites that require you to "join" before you can look at whatever crap they are hawking.  I don't want your junk email and you're damn lucky I'm looking at your site to begin with...

Imconfused

^
I can't stand that either.

analog kid

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 15, 2013, 07:59:02 PM
        I have quite a few relatives that fit that description. Sublimation of God for booze/drugs. I prefer the latter.

This AA douche at the retirement party isn't a born again(I don't think so,but won't rule it out)) but he's a former shop steward who deems himself a leader and loves to impose his will upon others. Unfortunately, his powers of persuasion had no effect on management.

Same here. I can just imagine having a beer and that type proselytizing on AA. Drink from the flagon of STFU, sir.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: analog kid on February 16, 2013, 01:54:12 AM
Same here. I can just imagine having a beer and that type proselytizing on AA. Drink from the flagon of STFU, sir.
I was preparing myself if the AA douche wandered near my table. If he started with his preaching my response was going to be "so is this AA, a court ordered thing for you?"...and let it devolve from there. Fuckin asshole drinks like a fish for 40 years, now he's "clean" for a year and he's Tommy Temperance. Fuck that.

I was really tempted to lay out a few lines of Sweet N' Low on the table(in lieu of the real thing which was probably readily available in the bathroom) and then snort them as he arrived. But he never did

abbajc

texting 
god it annoys the hell out of me

Artsy

Quote from: abbajc on February 16, 2013, 12:20:57 PM
texting 
god it annoys the hell out of me
I adore texting.  How can texting "annoy anybody?"  That is a ridiculous thing to be annoyed by, it's called awesome technology.  Do you know how to text?

onan

Quote from: Artsy on February 16, 2013, 02:31:43 PM
I adore texting.  How can texting "annoy anybody?"  That is a ridiculous thing to be annoyed by, it's called awesome technology.  Do you know how to text?

Yeah, awesome. If you think conversations should be less than 300 characters. Yeah if you do not have the discipline to actually spell. Yeah if you really think insipid short hand is somehow a benefit.

Look I am not saying texting is all bad. But I suspect any text you have to send is not really worth the time to send.

We have become a collection of impulse driven morons with the self delusion that what we have to say needs to be seen, read or heard this very moment.

If you want to see what I am doing, call... that is right, fuckin call me.

Artsy

Quote from: onan on February 16, 2013, 03:17:13 PM

Yeah, awesome. If you think conversations should be less than 300 characters. Yeah if you do not have the discipline to actually spell. Yeah if you really think insipid short hand is somehow a benefit.

Look I am not saying texting is all bad. But I suspect any text you have to send is not really worth the time to send.

We have become a collection of impulse driven morons with the self delusion that what we have to say needs to be seen, read or heard this very moment.

If you want to see what I am doing, call... that is right, fuckin call me.
Very sad.  I can't imagine doing biz without it.

ChewMouse

I'm annoyed by people who burst into CoastGab and slap others down for having an opinion. Said people are true trolls.

onan

Quote from: ChewMouse on February 16, 2013, 03:40:17 PM
I'm annoyed by people who burst into CoastGab and slap others down for having an opinion. Said people are true trolls.

You mean like accusing someone of misrepresenting their sex due to a different presentation style?

analog kid

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 16, 2013, 09:48:09 AM
          I was really tempted to lay out a few lines of Sweet N' Low on the table(in lieu of the real thing which was probably readily available in the bathroom) and then snort them as he arrived. But he never did

Haha

Quote from: onan on February 16, 2013, 03:47:59 PM

You mean like accusing someone of misrepresenting their sex due to a different presentation style?
Looks like they succeeded in running her off.

Elflord

Quote from: ChewMouse on February 16, 2013, 03:40:17 PM
I could not have said it better ChewMouse. Peace be with you.

Pisses me off when mfers drive with their headlights on when the damn Sun is two hours from going down. Dumbass "I have to be safe" mfers. I just want to pull them over and beat the shit out of them for fucking with my vision like that. And then, when one of them cocksuckers flashes me with his lights for not having mine on. I swerve to hit those type of assholes. Fuck that! It's daytime you fucks. If you can't see without your lights on during the day, get the fuck off the road.

Sardondi

Quote from: onan on February 16, 2013, 03:17:13 PM

Texting: when you just aren't able to concentrate on comic books any more.