• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

ItsOver

I was never big on Billy Joel but I've never been a fan of Springsteen, either.  His voice just doesn't work for me.  It just seems like too much over-wrought emoting.  His version of something such as "Downtown Train" sounds horrible to me.

Quote from: ItsOver on April 19, 2014, 11:21:22 PM
I was never big on Billy Joel but I've never been a fan of Springsteen, either.  His voice just doesn't work for me.  It just seems like too much over-wrought emoting.  His version of something such as "Downtown Train" sounds horrible to me.
I'm OK with you not liking Bruce - even though I am a huge fan - but comparing Billy Joel to the Boss is like comparing the Monkees to the Beatles, dude.  Or Roger Whittaker to Roy Orbison. 

onan

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on April 19, 2014, 11:02:41 PM
I had some Billy Joel albums, and Elton as well.  Liked them then, but they just don't seem to hold up over the years for me, you know?  I'm not sure what the opposite of "timeless" is, but Billy Joel = not timeless.

Yeah, I would agree with you. But I am pretty jaded on almost all popular music.

aldousburbank

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on April 19, 2014, 11:34:21 PM
I'm OK with you not liking Bruce - even though I am a huge fan - but comparing Billy Joel to the Boss is like comparing the Monkees to the Beatles, dude.  Or Roger Whittaker to Roy Orbison.
Or George Noory to
Mike Siegel

onan

Quote from: onan on March 13, 2014, 06:43:09 PM
just rescued a cat tonight... I am expecting good times.

Update on the annoy.

We have had no luck finding a home for "tabby". So for the past two weeks, with puffy and red eyes and runny nose, I have kept the cat fed and sheltered in a kennel in our house at night. Bothersome but not too bothersome. Yesterday, there was a large, what looked like, bite to the left side of "tabby's" face. Now feeling guilty for letting him stay out during the day... a trip to the vet was the only thing to do. Turns out it wasn't a recent bite, but an older bite that had turned into a growing abscess that yesterday sloughed off all the hair in that area... roughly a silver dollar size area. And even better the vet says "we have to consider a rabid bite." Well, lucky us, my wife was scratched putting "Tabby" into the carrier we bought to transport him. Not only does the cat have to be quarantined for 10 days... small chance my wife will need rabies shots...

area51drone

Quote from: onan on April 20, 2014, 02:10:03 AM
Not only does the cat have to be quarantined for 10 days... small chance my wife will need rabies shots...

No good deed goes unpunished.

ItsOver

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 20, 2014, 01:25:10 AM
Or George Noory to
Mike Siegel
Ha, at this point, Siegel looks pretty good.  As far as Joel and Springsteen, Springsteen just came to mind as somebody else from the "Billy Joel Land" region.  I'm fairly certain not liking Springsteen there is a felony offense. :) 

Quote from: ItsOver on April 20, 2014, 11:58:00 AM
Ha, at this point, Siegel looks pretty good.  As far as Joel and Springsteen, Springsteen just came to mind as somebody else from the "Billy Joel Land" region.  I'm fairly certain not liking Springsteen there is a felony offense. :)

Well, technically speaking, Billy Joel Land is Long Island, while Bruce Springsteen is more Jersey Springsteenshore, although both can be merged into New Tristateshire.

Hey, Onan, I offer my sincere best wishes for your wife (and Tabby).  For the nothing it is worth, you have my respect and admiration--you did a good thing, and I hope it works out positively.

area51drone

By the way onan, I don't know if this was already mentioned, but maybe you should name the cat Goatse

ItsOver

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on April 20, 2014, 12:08:09 PM
Well, technically speaking, Billy Joel Land is Long Island, while Bruce Springsteen is more Jersey Springsteenshore, although both can be merged into New Tristateshire.
Hahaha, yes, no doubt. :)  Jersey Springsteenshore is definitely within the sphere of influence of Billy Joel Land, though, and vice versa.  I don't believe Springsteenshore is planning an invasion of Billy Joel Land anytime soon, but Vladimir Christie does make them nervous, at times.

onan

Quote from: area51drone on April 20, 2014, 12:26:07 PM
By the way onan, I don't know if this was already mentioned, but maybe you should name the cat Goatse

Let me tell you of the shelter I have planned for him to live in.

ItsOver

Quote from: area51drone on April 20, 2014, 12:26:07 PM
Poor Goatse.  Don't forget to pray for Goatse.

Tarbaby

So, if Christie Brinkley married Chris Christie should be Kristy Kristy.

bigchucka

Quote from: onan on April 20, 2014, 12:29:21 PM
Let me tell you of the shelter I have planned for him to live in.

Or you could go with Varys if you have him fixed.

b_dubb

Best wishes to you onan and Wife of onan.  Also ... best wishes to Goatse.  And prayers.  Many prayers for Goatse.

Parents not watching their fucking kids in public.

I recently caught a foul ball at a ball game. Not being a dick I gave the ball to a kid who wanted it.
No fucking thankyou from the kid or the parent. The kid them proceeded to run down aisles screaming at the top of his fucking lungs while his parents looked on. While not doing that he would proceed to take his glove and throw it at the seat next to me.

I then moved after a few inning, I moved into a similar section which had the same priced seats. I was then yelled at by an over achieving usher. I explained about unruly child and the face the motherfucking stadium was 80% fucking empty on a monday. There was literally 4 other people on new section.

area51drone

That's ridiculous.  If it were my kid I would have bought you a beer at a minimum.  Those ushers love to throw their weight around.

Juan

Fucking Focusrite.  I have a Scarlett 18i6 audio interface.  I am in the middle of a project.  I reopened the Mix program after dinner last night and it said I had to download a firmware update.  I foolishly did so.  Now my computer fails to see the interface.  Email is the only way to contact Focusrite support, so I blasted the limey bastards. Still no reply.   Following the usual rant format of blaming a citizen for anything done by anyone in a particular country, I'm blaming Yorkie.

Thank goodness I have an old Roland interface that I can patch together well enough to finish the project.

eddie dean

Quote from: Juan on April 22, 2014, 08:37:56 AM
Fucking Focusrite.  I have a Scarlett 18i6 audio interface.  I am in the middle of a project.  I reopened the Mix program after dinner last night and it said I had to download a firmware update.  I foolishly did so.  Now my computer fails to see the interface.  Email is the only way to contact Focusrite support, so I blasted the limey bastards. Still no reply.   Following the usual rant format of blaming a citizen for anything done by anyone in a particular country, I'm blaming Yorkie.

Thank goodness I have an old Roland interface that I can patch together well enough to finish the project.

I have an Avid Digi003 rack interface. Everytime I launch ProTools, It tells me to update the firmware. I've clicked the 'skip' option for over a year now, for exactly this reason! I have no desire to update. There aren't any issues with the hardware/software functionality and everything seems to work fine. I feel bad for you Juan, I really do.

{start rant..
These pro-audio companys have decided to limit, or in some cases completely stop, phone support for the products they sell. Avid, formally known as Digidesign, requires the user to BUY a phone support package/email support. Even then it's limited to only one issue. If someone like me, who has spent thousands of dollars on their products over the past 10 years, has an issue with older equipment, forget about getting any live person on the phone unless you shell out 60 bucks.
I spend hours upon hours, searching their support forums and FAQ pages they refered me to. Of course, no one has the same combination of hardware & software that I do, and it's all pretty general FAQ's anyway.
A few years ago,  when I built a new PC and upgraded to a win7 64bit platform, I had an issue with my midi controller being recognised. I was totally on my own. I sent an email but I never got a reply. Thank god I finally figured it out, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. The next time I need to upgrade, I will probably switch to another recording software due to Avid's support policy. Fucking assholes!

the silver lining:  My main audio effects plugin suite I use, was spectacular and very helpful during my upgrade. I got them on the phone within a few minutes. they answered all my questions and helped me through the upgrade. Because they were accessible and helpful, going above & beyond in terms of supporting their customers, they have my loyalty and business for life!

End rant}

I hope you get your interface working. Have you tried to update the audio drivers for it? I would start there to see if that helps.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on April 19, 2014, 11:02:41 PM
I had some Billy Joel albums, and Elton as well.  Liked them then, but they just don't seem to hold up over the years for me, you know?  I'm not sure what the opposite of "timeless" is, but Billy Joel = not timeless.
Now I know you don't live in the greater NY area; folks here would take that personally.
Also, there's a reason for this:

http://long-island.newsday.com/things-to-do/music/billy-joel-at-madison-square-garden-still-a-lot-of-love-and-devotion-1.7767486

He's sold out one show a month at the World's Most Famous Arena through December, and he's still touring the area including Fenway Park.  He's also at Wrigley Field, Citizens Bank Park, Nationals Park, and three dates at the Hollywood Bowl.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 21, 2014, 09:00:28 PM
Parents not watching their fucking kids in public.

I recently caught a foul ball at a ball game. Not being a dick I gave the ball to a kid who wanted it.
No fucking thankyou from the kid or the parent. The kid them proceeded to run down aisles screaming at the top of his fucking lungs while his parents looked on. While not doing that he would proceed to take his glove and throw it at the seat next to me.

I then moved after a few inning, I moved into a similar section which had the same priced seats. I was then yelled at by an over achieving usher. I explained about unruly child and the face the motherfucking stadium was 80% fucking empty on a monday. There was literally 4 other people on new section.
This had to have been Citifield, they are such peniles there.

Bart Ell

Quote from: eddie dean on April 22, 2014, 03:30:11 PM
I will probably switch to another recording software due to Avid's support policy. Fucking assholes!

I was involved with a company that AVID acquired 10 years ago. One of the concerns was how customer support would be handled. I had the chance to look at how their support functioned and I am not surprised it is how you describe it now.

I can tell you how it got to where it is , though. People didn't think twice before calling/emailing/smoke signalling for help. For the 2% of people that had real issues to be dealt with there was the other 98% who were contacting support because they couldn't find an ON button. They weren't going to continue spending the money it took to keep real customer support going and thought that having a message board would allow them an opportunity to weed out the nonsense and help the 2%... I am guessing that is not how it panned out.

While their customer support may suck, their non-compete agreements were a whole bunch sexier than Siriusxm.

MrHippie

Quote from: MrHippie on April 18, 2014, 07:28:50 PM
Every time I see Nancy Grace I feel like I'm standing in 2 inches of warm piss.
Wow
MV put my post  on the horrible Nancy Grace on the right top of the forum.
Makes me feel good in a strange way.

wr250

Quote from: MrHippie on April 22, 2014, 07:58:04 PM
Wow

welcome to the top rt corner club, fellow hater

eddie dean

Quote from: MrHippie on April 22, 2014, 07:58:04 PM
Wow

Congrats on making the upper right hall of fame! :)

I can't stand that woman. She is  so righteous and arrogant!

Nancy Grace is the embodiment of the word cunty!

aldousburbank

Quote from: eddie dean on April 22, 2014, 08:22:12 PM
Nancy Grace is the embodiment of the word cunty!
As George is to the word dicky.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on April 22, 2014, 03:51:21 PM
This had to have been Citifield, they are such peniles there.
Looks like Safeco in Seattle.

Heather Wade

People who start every sentence with, "So he was all like sitting there, and he was all like..."

If I hear "He was all like sitting there" one more time, something is going to burn down.   >:(

Juan

I think "was all like" instead of "said" drives me even crazier.  As in "He was all like 'How are yoooouuuu.' "