• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

ItsOver

Quote from: coaster on February 05, 2013, 04:10:22 PM
I'm really tired of hearing about Valentines Day. A stupid made up day where you have to put a price on your love so your spoiled other half can feel validated. Count me out.

What, and miss another opportunity for every other commercial to be from some rip-off jewelry store?

ItsOver

Quote from: West of the Rockies on February 04, 2013, 06:09:37 PM
Wow, has she really been around that long now?  Well, I think she is at least a little more entertaining than Mariah Carey. That woman strikes me as pathetic, clinging to fame and dressing like someone less than half her age.  I know she's got great vocal range and all, but I cannot stand her squeakity-squeak voice.

I'm getting tired of the singers who seem be trying to prove they can cover more distance than a foghorn.

stevesh

I'm really tired of hearing about Valentines Day. A stupid made up day where you have to put a price on your love so your spoiled other half can feel validated. Count me out.

Me, too. And please make those incessant radio ads for chocolate-covered strawberries go away.

Sardondi

Quote from: ItsOver on February 05, 2013, 05:39:14 PM

I'm getting tired of the singers who seem be trying to prove they can cover more distance than a foghorn.

I cannot stand the "Patti-Labelle-ization" of every rendition of the National Anthem. Sing the damn song the way it was written. I don't need to hear another boring-ass rendition of your "ability" to run scales. I'd rather see some evidence of your ability to respectfully sing a single true note with a minimum of vibrato. But then that cuts way down on the "look at me" factor.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Sardondi on February 06, 2013, 08:18:51 AM
I cannot stand the "Patti-Labelle-ization" of every rendition of the National Anthem. Sing the damn song the way it was written. I don't need to hear another boring-ass rendition of your "ability" to run scales. I'd rather see some evidence of your ability to respectfully sing a single true note with a minimum of vibrato. But then that cuts way down on the "look at me" factor.

I agree 100%. 

ItsOver

Amen.  If I wanted to watch "American Idol," I'd tune to that show.  It's about the nation, not the blasted singer.

Eddie Coyle

Marvin Gaye's "Showtime at the Apollo" version at the 1983 NBA All Star Game was a turning point. From then on, more and more "soulful" attempts were foisted upon the public, I guess Whitney Houston's 1991 Super Bowl amid Desert Storm being the "peak" :( (even being released as a single)...

"Home of the Brave"
     "Ooh, I said the home of the brave!"
     "Home of the Brave"
      "Lordy, Good Golly Miss Molly, I say the home of Braaaaaaaaaave"

CrabbyOld Bat

Well said. There's a time and place for putting your own stamp on things, but singing the National Anthem is neither. Seriously, is nothing the least bit sacred anymore? Is there no value in tradition or respect?

You truly wanna prove you're extra-talented? Put your vocal spin on "I'm a Little Teapot" and make it go platinum, then I'll be impressed. 

Well, at least we've moved away from letting non-singers (Carl Lewis, Roseanne Barr) piss utterly all over the anthem.  I thought the Super Bowl rendition this time around went on for about 2 minutes too long.  Damn that was a slow version.  I do fondly recall Huey Lewis & the News version some years ago.

Juan

The way that memtest86 shows no memory problems if you run it on all of your memory at once.  How you spend two days running tests until you find an obscure post that suggests one run the test on one stick at a time.  And I mean my computer memory - my own is hopeless.

Have we had enough of FREAKIN` SHERI`S FREAKIN` BERRIES YET??!!!

Yeah, I`m pretty sick of V-Day, myself.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 08, 2013, 05:47:56 AM

Have we had enough of FREAKIN` SHERI`S FREAKIN` BERRIES YET??!!!

Yeah, I`m pretty sick of V-Day, myself.

And Proflowers.com

I already told my  husband not to waste money on flowers for V Day.  We already have to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a mandatory Army semi-formal event. 

stevesh

Companies who solicit messages from their customers on the Contact Us pages on their websites, then reply in such a way that it's obvious they didn't really read what you had to say (that's right, Blue Cross, I'm looking right at you).

CrabbyOld Bat

Judge Judy and the people who take their lawsuits to any TV judge for "justice"

People who don't park anywhere close to being within the lines of a parking space

People who park in fire lanes while their lazy ass, non-physically handicapped friend/relative goes into a store

People who turn every single topic into a political commentary

Jerry Springerish shows

Snorge

Snorge

Snorge

Imconfused

I am not annoyed.  I am livid.  Our "said moron - Snoron" just referred to Kathrine Albrecht's Startpage as "Smartpage".  Jesus christ, after all the fucking shows he did with her,  he says on national radio: "Smartpage.com"

Like I said.  I am not annoyed!

*bangs head against the wall*

Eddie Coyle

At least three TV "news" outlets did heartwarming stories about "Blizzard Babies"(aw) born during the storm here.

Yeah, like those couples commenced to fucking last spring with the intent of possibly having a magical blizzard baby sometime in February. JEEEZUS.

The REAL "Blizzard Babies" will be popping up round October/November.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 10, 2013, 02:30:47 AMThe REAL "Blizzard Babies" will be popping up round October/November.

Human gestation is ~266 days from the date of conception. Conception can take place before you both get up to wipe of residual goo - perhaps 0.5-1 hour, but also up to 5 days after depositing the contents of the family jewels.

So by my calculations, we're looking at ~November 2, 2013 through about a week or so later - give or take a few on either end.

Eddie Coyle

Using that info,HAL, I have officially determined that my conception is special,as well.

While I may not be a blizzard baby, I'm almost certainly a....first game of the 1974 ALCS(Orioles/A's) and NLCS(Dodgers-Pirates) baby.

I'm suing Hallmark for not having a card for me.

All the 'Hallmark Card' Holidays,All the neurolinguistic programing ad agency concepts about any holiday we have.Most of what we get fed us as Christmas is a Coca-Cola ad campagne orriginally.
As far as the current crop of the 'music' industry.I would not even steal their music musch less feed cash into their worthless lives.
The quality of GroundZero's phone callers as oposed to C2C and the way they are handled by you know who.

HAL 9000

Women who think lip augmentation is somehow attractive. Don't they realize it looks like a prolapsed rectum on their face?

Gads, is that real or photoshopped?  Damn, that is not a good look for anyone.

McPhallus

Makes you wonder what her rectum looks like.

Eddie Coyle

One of these eons, women will figure out that gay men aren't their friends and advice from them on "style and beauty" is undoubtedly insincere and likely malevolent. That above victim of a gunshot to the face was most certainly advised to "go with that look, it's fab!" by a team of Leons,Bryces and Galens...who then had a nice laugh at her expense.

One time as a kid I went to the Ripley's Believe-it-or-Not' Museum in St.Augustine.They have a display of a couple of complete whole body tattoo skins of Japanese origen.Everytime I see tattoos on necks or faces or extreme I think about those skins.Although the 'art' on those skins are beautiful if it weren't for  the macabre canvas.
Oh God,Georgie just asked the gerontologist about the death scene Edward G.Robbins did in Soylent Green wouldn't have to happen if his work succeeded would it? -!jeezelooeeze....

HorrorRetro

It's annoying to walk into a room and promptly forget why you went in there in the first place.  It seems to happen more often lately.  :-[

Eddie Coyle

Getting stuck near a person who smells like a can of smashed ass.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 13, 2013, 03:28:57 PM

Getting stuck near a person who smells like a can of smashed ass.

Getting stuck near a smokin' hot English babe who smells like a can of smashed ass.  (True story, and frustrating as all hell)

BigDave

People being really nice and buttering You up when They have something bad to tell You. Sort of like when My Wife told Me it might be good for both of us,if I left