• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

MV/Liberace!

when people say, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."  fuck you.

stevesh

People, including way too many who have the education to know better, who say 'supposably'.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on January 17, 2013, 11:39:26 AM
when people say, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."  fuck you.
Dude, I got that tattooed on my taint...in Latin, bro!

I feel like killing them as they finish the sentence. Because I know killing them would probably not make me stronger...but I'd feel better. That fuckin' stupid phrase is attributed to Nietzsche, but I prefer to think he was saying it sarcastically. Those AA/NA/12 Stepper types always use it.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: stevesh on January 17, 2013, 11:53:54 AM
People, including way too many who have the education to know better, who say 'supposably'.

or:

jewlery instead of jewelry

irregardless instead of regardless

axe instead of ask

nucular instead of nuclear

ItsOver

Sounds like Noory's vocabulary.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 17, 2013, 11:56:57 AM
      I feel like killing them as they finish the sentence.

amen.  i view it as something people just say without applying any thought whatsoever to the horse shit emanating from the hole in their dumb face.  they heard someone else say it, it sounded profound to their limited mind, so now they're rinsing/repeating.  fucking lightweights.

McPhallus

Quote from: stevesh on January 17, 2013, 11:53:54 AM

Don't forget "spose ta."  I've been known to use "prolly" as shorthand for "probably."  It's so wrong, but it saves time!  :P

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: McPhallus on January 17, 2013, 04:34:04 PM
Don't forget "spose ta."  I've been known to use "prolly" as shorthand for "probably."  It's so wrong, but it saves time!  :P

"i'm not aspose to."

guesstimate instead of estimate

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on January 17, 2013, 04:26:01 PM

amen.  i view it as something people just say without applying any thought whatsoever to the horse shit emanating from the hole in their dumb face.  they heard someone else say it, it sounded profound to their limited mind, so now they're rinsing/repeating.  fucking lightweights.
A similar idiotic saying is "Pain is weakness leaving the body". That was on a banner in the weight room at my high school, and our meatheaded, Freddie Mercury-looking football head coach would spout those sayings incessantly. I thought it sounded like something John Wayne Gacy would say as he handcuffed his victims. Creepy...and completely useless motivating tool.

And we went 1 and 9.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 17, 2013, 07:06:06 PM
...our meatheaded, Freddie Mercury-looking football head coach...

for whatever reason, this bit has me busted up.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on January 17, 2013, 07:09:13 PM

for whatever reason, this bit has me busted up.

BTW, the time I'm talking about was the worst period to be a Freddie Mercury lookalike, it was fall 1991...Freddie dying of the HIV on Nov 24 that year. Behind his back we always made references to Queen. He was a big, roided out guy if he heard us he would have killed us. Probably with ass rape.

I've not seen the guy since 1992. I'm almost compelled to look him up on the various social media, to see if he still looks that way.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 17, 2013, 07:23:56 PM
    BTW, the time I'm talking about was the worst period to be a Freddie Mercury lookalike, it was fall 1991...Freddie dying of the HIV on Nov 24 that year. Behind his back we always made references to Queen. He was a big, roided out guy if he heard us he would have killed us. Probably with ass rape.

I've not seen the guy since 1992. I'm almost compelled to look him up on the various social media, to see if he still looks that way.

wow.  what an image you've painted there.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on January 17, 2013, 07:40:43 PM

wow.  what an image you've painted there.
I just found him on Facebook. He doesn't look like Freddie Mercury anymore...more like Ming the Merciless with his huge,roided out bald head. I saw a few old classmates listed as his "friends". Which makes me laugh at them.

Ironically, Queen did the soundtrack to Flash Gordon back in '80.

*** This is exactly why I'm NOT on Facebook. Knowing that douches from my past could find me. Ugh.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 17, 2013, 07:52:58 PM
This is exactly why I'm NOT on Facebook. Knowing that douches from my past could find me. Ugh.

i feel the same way.  there's a reason i fell out of contact with those people.

McPhallus

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 17, 2013, 07:52:58 PM
    I just found him on Facebook. He doesn't look like Freddie Mercury anymore...more like Ming the Merciless with his huge,roided out bald head. I saw a few old classmates listed as his "friends". Which makes me laugh at them.

*** This is exactly why I'm NOT on Facebook. Knowing that douches from my past could find me. Ugh.

I'm on Facebook, but I have a "no contact" policy toward anyone non-family from before 2007 (with just a few exceptions).  When you grow up in a small area, the godawful people you went to school with all seem to cluster together like cockroaches.  I'm lucky in that I was apparently all but forgotten the minute I walked out the door of my high school in 1991.  Contacting just one of them opens a whole bunch of doors that are best left closed.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: McPhallus on January 17, 2013, 08:51:59 PM
I'm on Facebook, but I have a "no contact" policy toward anyone non-family from before 2007 (with just a few exceptions).  When you grow up in a small area, the godawful people you went to school with all seem to cluster together like cockroaches.  I'm lucky in that I was apparently all but forgotten the minute I walked out the door of my high school in 1991.  Contacting just one of them opens a whole bunch of doors that are best left closed.

As much as I complained about being in the city, that was my fear of being in a smaller area. At least I can get lost(somewhat) amongst the crowd, and luckily I have a very,very common name for a largely Irish Catholic area, so finding me by name alone would be difficult.But unfortunately, I've been a lightning rod for good and bad attention, so pretty much everybody I went to school with or worked with remembers me. So when they see me they always mention some foolish prank or other form of torment I unleashed on some poor soul. 

Quote from: MV on January 17, 2013, 08:22:43 PM

i feel the same way.  there's a reason i fell out of contact with those people.

Exactly. There's still tons of people from my past who I have occasional contact with and I'm trying to eliminate that inconvenience. I just saw an old drinking buddy from work today and it was depressing as hell, the kid is 44 but looks about 88, I hadn't seen him in about 5 years,but he's aged horribly. Can you catch progeria at 44? He looks like he should be on Maury Povich's show.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 17, 2013, 10:29:39 PMCan you catch progeria at 44? He looks like he should be on Maury Povich's show.

God, I hope not.  At 44, I have enough neuroses.  I'd hoped I could check that one off the list.  Progeria was always something I feared getting as a kid.  Those poor kids.  :(

ChewMouse

I'm just glad I'll never have to suffer with an enlarged prostate.

(Progeria is a genetic abnormality present at birth.)

HorrorRetro

Quote from: ChewMouse on January 17, 2013, 10:52:22 PM

Speaking of enlarged prostate...apparently neuroses run in my family.  When my daughter was about 7, she'd apparently heard the prostate shrinking commercials on TV.  One day she comes out with a very concerned look on her face.  I asked her what was wrong.  "I think my prostate is enlarged!" was her reply.  I told her I was pretty sure that wasn't the case.  She got defensive and said, "You don't know!"  I then had to explain that females don't have prostates.   ;D   

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ChewMouse on January 17, 2013, 10:52:22 PM

(Progeria is a genetic abnormality present at birth.)

One good thing about enlarged prostates is: that WRKO in Boston preempts Wells to run informercials at 4am that are specifically about enlarged prostate issues. So you take the good with the bad...

Quote from: HorrorRetro on January 17, 2013, 10:46:15 PM
God, I hope not.  At 44, I have enough neuroses.  I'd hoped I could check that one off the list.  Progeria was always something I feared getting as a kid.  Those poor kids.  :(
I never knew the term for it until Maury had them on every other week around 1994-95. Shame on me, for watching Maury, but the place I worked at always had a TV tuned to that channel.
       I used to say "so and so is like a pregoria kid...they get old really fast". And usually met with looks of disgust,bemusement,bewilderment etc.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: HorrorRetro on January 17, 2013, 11:03:46 PM
Speaking of enlarged prostate...apparently neuroses run in my family.  When my daughter was about 7, she'd apparently heard the prostate shrinking commercials on TV.  One day she comes out with a very concerned look on her face.  I asked her what was wrong.  "I think my prostate is enlarged!" was her reply.  I told her I was pretty sure that wasn't the case.  She got defensive and said, "You don't know!"  I then had to explain that females don't have prostates.   ;D
Neuroses are definitely passed down and I picked them up early. When I was 4-5 years old I became fixated on chronology and would have to point out how the old people and dogs in say..a 1965 episode of Gunsmoke were now(1980) most certainly dead.

Great, a five year old with preoccupation with death. Thank you, Mr Jesus.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 17, 2013, 11:56:57 AM
     Dude, I got that tattooed on my taint...in Latin, bro!...

The things you can learn here. I didn't even know guys had taints.

Oh, and I think it's living in the urban Northeastern US that is toxic to humans.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on January 18, 2013, 12:38:03 AM
The things you can learn here. I didn't even know guys had taints.

Oh, and I think it's living in the urban Northeastern US that is toxic to humans.
Clinically speaking, the perineum...but I cringe at mentioning perineums and clinics in the same sentence.

And yes, the urban Northeast is akin to Three Mile Island and Love Canal, without the bright future. What Goldwater said about sawing off the Eastern seaboard...probably not a bad idea.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 18, 2013, 01:28:42 AM
      Clinically speaking, the perineum...but I cringe at mentioning perineums and clinics in the same sentence....

Yeah, if you're being technical. Also known as that area about which insensitive and sexist OB/GYNs used to joke with husbands whose wives had just given birth that they had placed an extra stitch or two there (called the "husband's knot") "just to tighten things up". Tsk tsk tsk. Shame on them. I am so ashamed to be a man. (Okay, do you think that's enough?)

I had just never heard the male no-man's-land called "taint".

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on January 18, 2013, 02:07:06 AM

I had just never heard the male no-man's-land called "taint".

You should check out the dearly departed HBO gem "Mr Show with Bob and David". Season 4(1998) a sketch called "It's Insane,This Guy's Taint!" a parody of Boogie Nights/The People Vs Larry Flynt. If the show hadn't aired at 12:30am on Monday nights by that point, the word would entered the American lexicon.

Alongside "weenis".

stevesh

Bob and Tom did their best to popularize the word 'taint' some time ago, but apparently they can't play the song on the air anymore.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 18, 2013, 01:28:42 AM
       And yes, the urban Northeast is akin to Three Mile Island and Love Canal, without the bright future. What Goldwater said about sawing off the Eastern seaboard...probably not a bad idea.
It's also the birthplace of Santorum AND Sandusky.  :-[

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 17, 2013, 11:26:13 PM
     Neuroses are definitely passed down and I picked them up early. When I was 4-5 years old I became fixated on chronology and would have to point out how the old people and dogs in say..a 1965 episode of Gunsmoke were now(1980) most certainly dead.

Now that's weird.  I've always done the same thing with dogs in older shows.  The old people, not so much.  Every time I see the fire station dogs on Emergency!, I think to myself that they've been dead for decades.   ???

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HorrorRetro on January 17, 2013, 11:03:46 PM

that's absolutely hilarious.