• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on May 14, 2019, 02:06:08 AM
Crazy-as* housemates who come home at 5:30PM and freak out, saying, "WHAT are you doing cooking in the middle of the day???"  For pity's sake, it's dinnertime.

People who never sweep, never mop and never vacuum.....but freak out when one little piece of debris is on the kitchen floor:  "What, WHAT is THIS on the floor?!"

That’s when you give them two options: 1) grab a broom and start sweeping or 2) comment again and have to pull one out of your ass.

Jojo

Quote from: Juan on February 15, 2013, 04:33:09 PM
It annoys me that my local grocery store sold out of candy and there was none on sale today.  Not that I need any.
What??  @Juan Did you get candy yet?  Online ordering is pretty quick...

Jojo

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 16, 2013, 09:48:09 AM
          I was preparing myself if the AA douche wandered near my table. If he started with his preaching my response was going to be "so is this AA, a court ordered thing for you?"...and let it devolve from there. Fuckin asshole drinks like a fish for 40 years, now he's "clean" for a year and he's Tommy Temperance. Fuck that.

I was really tempted to lay out a few lines of Sweet N' Low on the table(in lieu of the real thing which was probably readily available in the bathroom) and then snort them as he arrived. But he never did
Seems to me he'd want to get as far from alcohol as possible, not walk right up to its table...

Jojo

The way I enter this thread and for no apparent reason I am on page 395...  Keeps it interesting - but current time can be lost that way!

Jojo

People who take the comics section of today's newspaper out of the house, into the car, and to their court sentencing hearing...

Juan

Quote from: 14 on May 14, 2019, 01:34:29 PM
What??  @Juan Did you get candy yet?  Online ordering is pretty quick...
How am I  supposed to remember 2013?

Jojo

Quote from: Juan on May 14, 2019, 04:12:14 PM
How am I  supposed to remember 2013?
Taking notes helps.

Jojo

It is so stupid that Alabama allows hormonal birth control, but outlawed abortion.  Hormonal birth control has abortion in it, which kicks in as a last resort if the hormonal birth control fails.  So, Alabama allows BIG PHARMA TO PROFIT FROM UNWITTING ABORTIONS, WHILE PROHIBITING INDIVIDUALS FROM GETTING ABORTIONS.  THE HYPOCRISY.

And, Alabama did not outlaw fertility clinic abortion of fertilized embryos.  Nope.  Middle class married women who are trying to fulfill their maternal role are fully allowed to murder babies just fine, without ANY regulation at all, no questions asked and as a matter of fact, the abortions are an expected result of treatments that insurance pays for.  THIS MEANS INSURANCE IS ALLOWED TO PROFIT FROM EVENTUAL ABORTION IN ALABAMA, AND RAPE OR INCEST IS NOT INVOLVED.

Jojo

Things That Annoy You:  Digital Pig Snuggler

MV/Liberace!

Sanford Townsend Band - Smoke From A Distant Fire

Fuck that piece of shit song.  Fuck.

Jojo

Quote from: Liberace! on May 17, 2019, 11:09:37 PM

Sad lyrics.  Too bad it wasn't written by an Idahoan - Smoke From My Rifle Aiming At A Liar.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 14 on May 17, 2019, 11:27:53 PM
Sad lyrics.  Too bad it wasn't written by an Idahoan - Smoke From My Rifle Aiming At A Liar.

i've never paid attention to the lyrics.  i just hate the song.

Jojo

Quote from: Liberace! on May 18, 2019, 12:12:33 AM
i've never paid attention to the lyrics.  i just hate the song.
Would you put some clothes on!

Dr. MD MD

Maybe this will make up for it in some small way, someday, someway...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sgQYHQSqjQ

Jojo

People who ask if you've given any thought to dinner prep, just a few hours after you made them brunch and cleaned up.

lawnboy

Assholes!

No, I'm not calling anyone in here an asshole.

That's a thing that annoys me...........    Assholes!

Jojo

Quote from: lawnboy on May 21, 2019, 09:35:36 PM
Assholes!

No, I'm not calling anyone in here an asshole.

That's a thing that annoys me...........    Assholes!
Yes, assholes and bitch-assholes!

That's a great song.

Jojo

Quote from: Azzerae on May 23, 2019, 01:37:21 PM
Disingenuity.
Don't some people deserve it?  I have to "shine" some people on fakely, because they won't listen to reason yet I still have to have a rapport with them if home and work is to run smoothly without too much drama.

AZZERAE

Quote from: 14 on May 24, 2019, 12:20:36 AM
Don't some people deserve it? I have to "shine" some people on fakely, because they won't listen to reason yet I still have to have a rapport with them if home and work is to run smoothly without too much drama.

You make a good point. I guess its not a "one size fits all" annoyance, however, in general its a bad quality in the long run - because one winds up not knowing where they stand - on the receiving end.

Jojo

Quote from: AZZERAE on May 24, 2019, 02:19:54 AM
You make a good point. I guess its not a "one size fits all" annoyance, however, in general its a bad quality in the long run - because one winds up not knowing where they stand - on the receiving end.
It's true.  It's usually best not to be disingenuous.  Lying deprives people of reality and kind of puts them in a fake box.   They end up hurt or later looking stupid.

Jojo

Videos that time out in the middle regardless of what browser i use.

AZZERAE

Quote from: 14 on May 26, 2019, 01:23:23 AM
It's usually best not to be disingenuous. Lying deprives people of reality and ... they end up hurt or later looking stupid.

And there's no worse feeling, in my opinion, than knowing you've hurt someone. It betrays their trust.

Jojo

Quote from: AZZERAE on May 26, 2019, 01:29:30 AM
And there's no worse feeling, in my opinion, than knowing you've hurt someone. It betrays their trust.
I don't mind a little, if it turns out to have been a misunderstanding.  Or not seeing eye-to-eye at the time.  But, as long as the issue is handled and resolved, good things can come of it, like even more trust and understanding than before.  But, deliberately hurting someone, yeah, that's abuse.

Goodfellas. Possibly the most overrated film of all time. I'd probably like it more if they didn't go with the 'Wonder Years' format. God that shit is obnoxious.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on May 26, 2019, 07:42:27 PM
Goodfellas. Possibly the most overrated film of all time. I'd probably like it more if they didn't go with the 'Wonder Years' format. God that shit is obnoxious.

I’m gonna go get the papers...get the papers.

AZZERAE

Quote from: 14 on May 26, 2019, 05:25:47 PM
If it turns out to have been a misunderstanding. Or not seeing eye-to-eye at the time.  But, as long as the issue is handled and resolved, good things can come of it, like even more trust and understanding than before...

That's a remarkably comforting thought.