• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on February 07, 2019, 04:31:21 PM
Once again the water is smelly but, rest assured, the City says, unlike last time, no "boil notice," "it is fine to drink, we put some activated charcoal in it." Zebra Mussels they now say is the cause. Early they said there was some "pipe problem and a facility." No thanks.
http://www.austintexas.gov/news/austin-water-responds-unusual-odor-water-water-safe-drink

Austin Water Responds to Unusual Odor in Water - Water is Safe to Drink AUSTIN - Some customers are experiencing an unusual odor in their water. Water provided by Austin Water continues to meet all regulatory standards and is safe to drink.

Austin Water is taking the following steps to respond:

Feeding powdered activated carbon to mitigate odor issue. Powdered activated carbon is often used to help with taste and odor occurrences.
     Flushing water lines in the affected areas.
Customers in central and south Austin are affected. Austin Water expects the odor issue to be resolved in the next 24 hours.
   Based on routine test results received this morning and staff analysis, Austin Water believes that the odor issues were likely caused by the presence of Zebra Mussels in a raw water pipeline at Ullrich Water Treatment Plant. The pipeline was put back in service on Feb. 6 after being out of service for repairs over the past two weeks.
I'm shocked, simply shocked such a thing could be occurring in such an up-and-coming liberal utopia.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 07, 2019, 06:23:31 PM
I'm shocked, simply shocked such a thing could be occurring in such an up-and-coming liberal utopia.  ;)

So if one makes pasta right now I guess I can go clam-based and not even add any clams or clam-juice to the sauce? Can I mix my water with some vodka and tomato juice and make a clammy Bloody ala Clamato? If I run my washing machine will I smell like some clam digger? If this water is "safe to drink" why did the City add "activated charcoal" to the system- isn't that something you give to people with poisoning?
Questions.... abound.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on February 08, 2019, 12:55:45 PM
So if one makes pasta right now I guess I can go clam-based and not even add any clams or clam-juice to the sauce? Can I mix my water with some vodka and tomato juice and make a clammy Bloody ala Clamato? If I run my washing machine will I smell like some clam digger? If this water is "safe to drink" why did the City add "activated charcoal" to the system- isn't that something you give to people with poisoning?
Questions.... abound.
You can trust them.  They're The Government. ;)

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 08, 2019, 02:17:32 PM
You can trust them.  They're The Government. ;)

Not just Zebra Mussels but DEAD ones. Yeah, I'm sure drinking stinky water filtered through dead bivalve mollusks is certainly safe? What could go wrong? I got some old oysters sitting around somewhere I might re-ice and eat and those old clams I've been meaning to eat....
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/austin-water-confirms-that-smell-was-dead-zebra-mussels/1766174494 

albrecht

Speechless. Rename a water treatment plant for some black guy instead of treating the water properly so it doesn't smell and taste like dead shellfish. Priorities. 

https://www.statesman.com/news/20190210/water-treatment-plant-named-for-former-council-member

"the council voted to name the facility after Handcox, who was the first African-American council member elected under the manager-council form of government." 

"The ceremony came as many Austinites were experiencing foul-smelling water that officials say is due to dead zebra mussels found in a raw water pipeline at a plant in West Austin.  Even with a water treatment plant named after him, Handcox said he was going to leave the resolution up to the professionals."

Jojo

That's a hard act to follow,

I am annoyed when the browser I use doesn't brand itself where I can see the brand while I'm using it.

ksm32

Re: Things That Annoy:

Anybody who says Hendrix was/is the best player of all time. He's NOT!

Metron2267

Quote from: ksm32 on February 15, 2019, 04:15:48 PM
Re: Things That Annoy:

Anybody who says Hendrix was/is the best player of all time. He's NOT!

Jeff Beck agrees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMryWoRRqUc

Taaroa

My ISP.
No internet (or TV either) for days with no explanation ever given, and a "issue will be fixed within 2 days" message that went down to zero repeatedly before jumping back to 2 days.

As a bonus, there's no way to contact them to ask what the fuck is going on or anywhere to make a complaint. And all this is from the biggest telecom company in the country and which used to be owned by the government.

Jojo

When I don't know the wifi code and no one knows why two different private wifis seem to work here.

When a screen is timing but there is no indication of it.

ItsOver

Quote from: Azzerae on February 21, 2019, 06:33:38 AM
MSNBC
Heh, PMSNBC and CNN.  The "I hate Trump 24-7 networks."  :D

A real life Beavis, the morning schmo.

Gd5150

Quote from: ItsOver on February 21, 2019, 08:48:26 AM
Heh, PMSNBC and CNN.  The "I hate Trump 24-7 networks."  :D

A real life Beavis, the morning schmo.

Sporting his fake Jews nose.

ItsOver

He makes me laugh, just looking at him. ;D

AZZERAE

I thought noses grew with age.

albrecht

Boston Market recalling "boneless formed pork paddies" because they might contain plastic or glass. Count me as someone who assumed those would be a key ingredients in such an appalling item. 

https://www.chron.com/news/article/Recall-At-least-173-376-pounds-of-Boston-Market-13643015.php

ksm32

Annoyed, peeved, and overall disgruntled at those who'd drink a Guinness out of anything other than a proper Guinness glass.

Jojo

Patients who toss stuff on the floor for others to pick up, instead of folding items over a chair, on a table or in a stand up brown bag.

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: ItsOver on February 07, 2019, 06:23:31 PM

Yes, hippies are annoying, but Austin is BY FUCKING FAR the best thing in Texas. 

Kidnostad3

Cashiers and customers who engage in long discussions at the register having nothing to do with the business at hand while a long line of increasingly irritated shoppers are waiting to checkout.  It's not the right time to get acquainted with someone or catch-up with old friends.  Self checkout rocks!

ItsOver

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 24, 2019, 10:39:30 AM
Cashiers and customers who engage in long discussions at the register having nothing to do with the business at hand while a long line of increasingly irritated shoppers are waiting to checkout.  It's not the right time to get acquainted with someone or catch-up with old friends.  Self checkout rocks!
Or clowns at the register with a phone loaded up with a bunch of orders "for friends" they're trying to decipher.  ::)

Jackstar

Remember to remind Metron0000 to subscribe to PewDiePie.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on March 30, 2019, 10:56:07 AM
Remember to remind Metron0000 to subscribe to PewDiePie.

I don’t communicate with that loser. Has he really gone year zero?

The Alcoholic

THAT MORE PEOPLE DON'T POST HERE GOD DAMN IT! *slams fist on table*

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: The Alcoholic on April 05, 2019, 11:46:58 PM
THAT MORE PEOPLE DON'T POST HERE GOD DAMN IT! *slams fist on table*

Hey! Don’t make me have to call the bouncer.  >:(

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 06, 2019, 07:00:51 AM
Hey! Don’t make me have to call the bouncer.  >:(

I think he might just be "doing an Anthony". 

Time will tell...