• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on July 02, 2018, 11:10:14 PM
I don't give a hoot about Joe Jackson dying.  So what?  Why does the death of this person need to be in the news every day for days on end?

Come on! The man abused his son into becoming a superstar. Don't you think that counts for something?

Bluejay

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on July 02, 2018, 11:10:14 PM
I don't give a hoot about Joe Jackson dying.  So what?  Why does the death of this person need to be in the news every day for days on end?

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 02, 2018, 11:11:53 PM
Come on! The man abused his son into becoming a superstar. Don't you think that counts for something?

To be accurate he took a whole family of semi-talents and made them rich as sing-alongs.

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 06, 2018, 09:58:37 PM
Jury duty today.  Whole day ruined.  These fucks have zero consideration for those selected and who have no choice but to tolerate whatever they are ordered to do.

That whole building is swarming with useless cops, who are paid cop salaries and are receiving cop benefits and pensions to make sure we take off our belts when going thru the entry scanner, walking around, sitting on their asses, etc.  There are dozens of clerks, bureaucrats, people paid to cater to Spanish only speakers, you name it, no doubt pulling down much higher salaries than they are worth.

So what do ''jurors'' get?  Pay?  No.  Brunch?  No.  Lunch?  No.  We get to get there at 8:30, where we sit for 3 hours in a room with rows of uncomfortable chairs, being quiet and doing nothing.  IF we are needed, we then go to the courtroom, where more time is wasted before a 90 minute lunch is declared.  After lunch, by the time the 12 jurors are selected they've had another 30 minute break, it's 4:30, and time for these slugs to go home.  The judge acted like he was doing us some huge favor holding everyone 5 minutes past 4:30 to impanel the last of the jury instead of making the rest of us come back the next day too.  When returning to the jury assembly room to turn our badges and get our certifications, the woman wasn't there and someone had to go look for her.  Then she took her sweet time coming.  What, they didn't know we'd be coming back after the jury was selected because they only do it every single day?

Here's what should have happened:  Whatever the judge and attorneys were talking about all morning while we waited should have been done the day before, with jury selection starting 8:30 sharp.  We should have had brunch and lunch buffet.  We should have been paid maybe $100 each, like everyone else working there.  The 3 hours it actually took to pick a jury should have taken 3 hours, not 8.  Clerks should have had the forms we were to receive available and ready to hand out when we left the courtroom.

I would love to see these lazy loafers at work at some company somewhere.
I agree.  Jurors get screwed, their families get screwed, their employers get screwed.  It is also not a fair jury when working class people can't do it due to economic hardship.  Wouldn't you say many common criminals are low-income?  Yet their jury consists of people who do not have to work for survival that day.

Unit 14

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on July 04, 2018, 12:10:11 PM
I agree.  Jurors get screwed, their families get screwed, their employers get screwed.  It is also not a fair jury when working class people can't do it due to economic hardship.  Wouldn't you say many common criminals are low-income?  Yet their jury consists of people who do not have to work for survival that day.

Unit 14

So, only criminals should judge other criminals is your point?! Yeah, that should work out great! ::) ;D

And, BTW, those people do have to work for their survival. ::)

Jackstar

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 06, 2018, 09:58:37 PM
Jury duty today.  Whole day ruined.

A citizen speaks.

pro tip: just ask them a lot of questions about "jury nullification" and they'll usher you out shortly. How did you not learn that, while reading all those books... oh, wait. Known toolbox. Got it.

Juan

Quote from: Jackstar on July 04, 2018, 12:19:38 PM

pro tip: just ask them a lot of questions about "jury nullification" and they'll usher you out shortly. How did you not learn that, while reading all those books... oh, wait. Known toolbox. Got it.
Wearing a bow tie also helps.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on July 04, 2018, 03:31:33 PM

Really! Who does that guy think he is?! Orville Redenbacher? ::)

Metron2267

Quote from: Juan on July 04, 2018, 03:31:33 PM
Aha! This is how Bill Nye does it then...

;D

Quote from: Jackstar on July 04, 2018, 12:19:38 PM
A citizen speaks.

Don't worry, that was going to be brought up if they were to ask me any questions. 

Jackstar

Juan

The new ads here don’t seem to include DateArabGirls or HotFilipinas.

berry

Quote from: Juan on October 10, 2018, 11:04:51 AM
The new ads here don’t seem to include DateArabGirls or HotFilipinas.

No.  I’m getting temperpedric mattress ads. And Girl Scout cookie ads. I’m not quite sure what all this means. But I’ve always been cool with the ads.

ksm32

Annoyed that my truck keys cost at least $550. to replace should I choose to loose them.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ksm32 on October 21, 2018, 09:19:31 PM
Annoyed that my truck keys cost at least $550. to replace should I choose to loose them.

Speaking of...pickup truck drivers. Why are you all assholes. I mean, you could be the nicest person but put you behind the wheel of a pickup truck and all of a sudden you feel you have a license to fuck with everyone. You can all burn in hell as far as I’m concerned.  :P

ksm32

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 21, 2018, 10:38:43 PM
Speaking of...pickup truck drivers. Why are you all assholes. I mean, you could be the nicest person but put you behind the wheel of a pickup truck and all of a sudden you feel you have a license to fuck with everyone. You can all burn in hell as far as I’m concerned.  :P
LOL!!!  That shit cracked me up, audible.

I saw this movie once ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D
https://youtu.be/5MtAMc4i8OA

Metron2267

Trucks are big, blunt, and kick-ass hard to argue with in traffic regardless of what size tiny dictator is at the wheel.

Dalek syndrome.

ksm32

I can't afford to be an asshole truck driver. My truck has my company wrap all around the fucker. I even wave you into traffic ;D  You better acknowledge the wave in or...……….  You'll leave me no choice but to post about it ???

If I'm driving my wife's truck, different story ;)

Taaroa

Speaking of driving licences, I really wish the government here would only recognise the licences of first world countries and not seemingly everybody as they do now. The result is we have people who almost certainly paid a bribe for a licence in a backwater, who then come here and can't drive for shit.

Before letting them anywhere near a vehicle, the government should make them go through all the hoops that locals do to obtain their licences.

ksm32

Shitloads of leftover Halloween candy.    Although it also brings me joy so I don't fuckin' know. I think I might be annoyed, or at least I want to be.. :-\

Definitely annoyed that Ell seems to be far busier than Bell. Alas..

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on October 22, 2018, 12:35:56 AM
[attachment=1,msg1269588]
Ouch.  Per Wikipedia, she died of misdiagnosed stenosis, which was infected and gave her a heart attack and sepsis.  I didn't know what stenosis was, but Google said it can come from lesions like the ones sexually active people get from herpes.or that pappiloma virus thing.  She was just a child, probably not even in puberty yet.  Whoever did that to her should be prosecuted for murder.  Did they do a rape kit?  Whenever a child dies of bowel infection, a rape kit should be done.  They are dead; it won't offend them.  All this in three minutes on the Web.  Kinda wish I didn't know.  Doesn't mean he did it, though?

If there is a suspect (or maybe even not!), can she be exhumed?  With embalming fluid nowadays and all, it could be possible to check for foreign dna in there.

Jojo

I used to drive a pick-up.  Acura drivers are much worse.

Quote from: 14 on November 07, 2018, 01:15:25 AM
All this in three minutes on the Web.  Kinda wish I didn't know.  Doesn't mean he did it, though?

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2017/11/todays-blind-items-molesters-killed-her.html

If you're the director, and that happens to a child on your set, you're responsible.

Jackstar

Quote from: 14 on November 07, 2018, 01:15:25 AM
Per Wikipedia

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/01/blind-items-revealed-40.html

I feel like it would not have been all that hard for the guy to just put up a YouTube video and say, "yeah, that's not true." Or, to hire an attorney to file an injunction at the literal speed of light.

Instead, this. Shit like this makes me wanna get down on my knees and thank Source that I have led a relatively virtuous life, again.

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on November 07, 2018, 01:17:43 AM

To be fair it's the testosterone bunch that give pick'em ups a bad name.

Never noticed Acura drivers much...

Gd5150

Quote from: 14 on November 07, 2018, 01:17:43 AM

BMW drivers which are poor mans Benz. And Mustang drivers. Both BMW and Mustang drivers have their entire self esteem tied into their cars. Sad.

As for the whole raised pickup, short mans disease.

Metron2267

Yeah Beemer drivers are right arseholes!

Monster trucks are just phallic imbecile toters.