• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Dr. MD MD

Turning on the History or Discovery channel and always seeing a show about trucks. ENOUGH ALREADY! >:( ::)

Jojo

The way new pens are suddenly only being manufactured with enough ink to write three pages.  Half full.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: monica on June 02, 2018, 03:13:06 PM
The way new pens are suddenly only being manufactured with enough ink to write three pages.  Half full.

Who writes with a pen anymore?! ???

Juan

I write with a Parker 51 from the early 60s.

Quote from: monica on June 02, 2018, 03:13:06 PM
I write with a ST Dupont Paris Line D fountain pen. The ink is super cheap and comes in all colors.

Dr. MD MD

Didn't keyboard typing become more natural to you at one point? It took me a number of years to fully transition but now I can't imagine writing things out long hand with a pen again.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 02, 2018, 03:16:08 PM
Who writes with a pen anymore?! ???
My spy pen!
Quote from: Juan on June 02, 2018, 06:46:46 PM
Wow.  I used to love my Parker. 
Quote from: Renegade Smurf on June 02, 2018, 07:09:46 PM
I write with a ST Dupont Paris Line D fountain pen. The ink is super cheap and comes in all colors.
How do you prevent it from gumming up? 
Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 02, 2018, 07:50:03 PM
Didn't keyboard typing become more natural to you at one point? It took me a number of years to fully transition but now I can't imagine writing things out long hand with a pen again.
It is a pain kind of like you can be, but I have yet to find a digital storage hardware system that doesn't go belly-up every few years  I don't want to pay for the cloud.  Information makes it easier for a person to be targeted; so keeping some things offline is probably good.  Sometimes I want to jog something down without viewing a bright back light or changing back light settings.

Metron2267

Quote from: Juan on June 02, 2018, 06:46:46 PM

Silver Cross ball point, late 60s...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: monica on June 03, 2018, 06:34:47 AM
It is a pain kind of like you can be, but I have yet to find a digital storage hardware system that doesn't go belly-up every few years  I don't want to pay for the cloud.  Information makes it easier for a person to be targeted; so keeping some things offline is probably good.  Sometimes I want to jog something down without viewing a bright back light or changing back light settings.

Some women only know how to express their love in terms of annoyance. ;)

Typewriters?

Quote from: monica on June 03, 2018, 06:34:47 AM
...I used to love my Parker.  How do you prevent it from gumming up?  ...
This is probably obvious, but use only ink made for fountain pens. Do not use India or China ink. It has large particles that will gum it up fast. If you're not going to use it for a long time, empty it and wash it out with water or special fountain pen cleaner. If it gets clogged, soaking the insides in water or fountain pen cleaner will usually fix it.

Jojo

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on June 03, 2018, 01:55:07 PM
This is probably obvious, but use only ink made for fountain pens. Do not use India or China ink. It has large particles that will gum it up fast. If you're not going to use it for a long time, empty it and wash it out with water or special fountain pen cleaner. If it gets clogged, soaking the insides in water or fountain pen cleaner will usually fix it.
Thank you for the tips!  I probably bought cheap fountain ink, and probably let them get dried out between use!  Didn't know about fountain pen cleaner.  I liked fountain pens because the ink just flowed, with no pressure from my hands or fingers.  Of course, now they have gel pens, but they are expensive enough for sure. Fountain pens seem better for the environment.
Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 03, 2018, 10:34:37 AM

Typewriters?
I told you I liked you well enough.  I said when we get along, you are the cat's meow.  Which happens more in summertime.  And, admittedly, you are worse to the men.  While it might not be fair, it certainly is nice for me.

Next time I report a drunk driver or sarcastic shoplifter, I will use my fancy built-in car typewriter to get their description and plates.

https://www.jetpens.com/blog/how-to-clean-a-fountain-pen/pt/259

Here is a compréhensive fountain pen cleaning tutoriel with photos.  Parker fountain pens are high end and will last à life time if you take care of it. If soaking it in water overnight doesn’t work, you can try the commercial cleaner or see if your neighbor hood fountain pen store can fix it.

Metron2267

Speaking of fountain pen stores...and this ain't, but it came right to mind:

https://www.levenger.com

https://www.levenger.com/PENS---REFILLS-8/FOUNTAIN-PENS-831.aspx

Very high quality product, and a bit speedy too...

Juan

I don’t know if typing is more natural, but it’s certainly more legible than my handwriting.  I use a 1933 Remington Deluxe Noiseless portable.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: monica on June 03, 2018, 04:03:59 PM
Thank you for the tips!  I probably bought cheap fountain ink, and probably let them get dried out between use!  Didn't know about fountain pen cleaner.  I liked fountain pens because the ink just flowed, with no pressure from my hands or fingers.  Of course, now they have gel pens, but they are expensive enough for sure. Fountain pens seem better for the environment.I told you I liked you well enough.  I said when we get along, you are the cat's meow.  Which happens more in summertime.  And, admittedly, you are worse to the men.  While it might not be fair, it certainly is nice for me.

Next time I report a drunk driver or sarcastic shoplifter, I will use my fancy built-in car typewriter to get their description and plates.

She likes me! She likes me!! :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on June 03, 2018, 06:06:46 PM
I don’t know if typing is more natural, but it’s certainly more legible than my handwriting.  I use a 1933 Remington Deluxe Noiseless portable.

What?! No Clark-Nova? Amateur. ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on June 03, 2018, 04:17:49 PM

Here is a compréhensive fountain pen cleaning tutoriel with photos.  Parker fountain pens are high end and will last à life time if you take care of it. If soaking it in water overnight doesn’t work, you can try the commercial cleaner or see if your neighbor hood fountain pen store can fix it.

What about one of them astronaut pens that you can write upside down with?

Do Bics do that since they work by capillary action (i think)? Otherwise, I would use a pencil when I need to write upside down.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on June 03, 2018, 06:37:24 PM
Do Bics do that since they work by capillary action (i think)? Otherwise, I would use a pencil when I need to write upside down.

Not if you were an astronaut you wouldn't. They don't roll that way. Too lowbrow.  ;)

Jojo

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on June 03, 2018, 04:17:49 PM

Thanks.  I have cleaned a lot of them, and it does help! 

That some Lady Gaga looking Persian targeted YouTube instead of ultra fag epicenter Twitter. Twitter has more sodomites/catamites in charge than The Vatican, Bette Midler fan club and Gay Men's Chorus combined.

That frigid brunhilde wench Gretchen Carlson. Better world if JonBenet's parents were hers.

People who call Jon Liebowitz, "Jon Stewart".

Jojo

Manufactured food containers that are only half full.  And have a false bottom, too!  Why do they waste all that plastic.  They should just tell the consumer to buy two and then put all the contents into one and throw the other container away.  Consumers have limited space.

At one store, I can pack the contents of 7 vitamin containers into the original container.  Then the plastic just goes to waste...

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 03, 2018, 10:34:37 AM

Typewriters?

beats the hell out of using death threats as love language.  8)

Jojo

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on June 06, 2018, 12:49:02 AM
beats the hell out of using death threats as love language.  8)
Where is this idea coming from?

Quote from: monica on June 06, 2018, 02:34:28 AM
Where is this idea coming from?

Probably after an extended binge of The Dead Milkmen listening..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlyvcti3kQU

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 06, 2018, 05:59:30 AM
Probably after an extended binge of The Dead Milkmen listening..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlyvcti3kQU
I never noticed how the two Milkmen in front looked alike.

Sean92008

The following phrases in Craigslist and sales app ads for musical instruments:
1) Lawsuit era
2) Rare
3) Custom
4) Hand made
5) Unplayed

99.9999% of the time its Heater Wad crazy-assed bullshit.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 06, 2018, 02:27:37 PM
The following phrases in Craigslist and sales app ads for musical instruments:
1) Lawsuit era
2) Rare
3) Custom
4) Hand made
5) Unplayed

99.9999% of the time its Heater Wad crazy-assed bullshit.

Lawsuit era?! Fender? ???